Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #81
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I don't think Dirk will miss Terry that much. I always got the distinct impression that JT rubbed him the wrong way but that Dirk had to go along with it bc the dude could be so clutch...and bc he was the only other legit option after Dirk.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #82
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Its funny that we went from the belle of the ball (with the best coach and a top 5 player in the league) who was going to steal away the prom king away to the ugly duckling-wallflower with one single spurn.

Was it that big a blow? Were we really that attractive to begin with? Are we just knee jerking?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #83
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Honestly, I don't think Dirk will miss Terry that much. I always got the distinct impression that JT rubbed him the wrong way but that Dirk had to go along with it bc the dude could be so clutch...and bc he was the only other legit option after Dirk.
Oh?

Quote:
"Jet and myself and this franchise, we’ve been through a lot together, some great downs, but also obviously one of the greatest ups ever in our careers and lives with winning the championship and he was a big part of that," Nowitzki said Saturday as free agency began. "I never thought either me or him would wear another uniform in our careers, but if it comes down to it, we all understand it’s a business and if it comes to it, then it’s going to be tough, but we've got to move on.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #84
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Dirk's not only losing his sidekick. He is also losing Kidd. Without Kidd our offense looked like s* . And also our crunch time defense.

Last edited by markus1234; 07-03-2012 at 07:54 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #85
ibivibiv

ibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really nice

Well if Stein was correct in his tweet we are at least trying for Kidd, Linn, Nash...
ibivibiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #86
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Oh?
Come on. Who are we talking about again? Oh, Dirk....the greatest teammate of ALL TIME.

Of course he will say these things about his number 2.

Like I said, I don't think he'll miss JT. What I might have needed to add to clarify is that I'm sure he'll miss JT hitting pull up 17 footers. But I always got the impression that they weren't close.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #87
Como11

Como11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura about

Mavs not wanting to sign Dragic is a big mistake. Give him a year or two. Hes going to be a stud. If we don't get Dragic, this off-season will be a complete failure.

Oh and please resign Delonte West.
Como11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #88
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Sign Nash and Kidd? That would be interesting.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #89
Dale4Saul2Red0

Dale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to allDale4Saul2Red0 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Dirk's not only losing his sidekick. He is also losing Kidd. Without Kidd our offense looked like s* .
We're going after a PG, right now the list is this

1. Steve Nash
2. Jeremy Lin
3. Goran Dragic

That's a report
Dale4Saul2Red0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #90
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Bayliss; 07-03-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #91
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
Sign Nash and Kidd? That would be interesting.
We could do worse.

Part of the interest in Dragic, for me, is that he's big and can really defend.
And also he's younger than Nash. I just see MBT not wanting to dole out any contracts over 2yrs. Which may be a mistake

At some point youve got to roll the dice on some young vet talent and Dragic fits perfectly.

Last edited by mac222b; 07-03-2012 at 08:01 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #92
Sean

Sean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the rough

I hope the next episode of shark tank is emmy gold.
Maybe Michael Finley is going to lace em up again, perhaps that's the back-up plan. Mediocrity until Dirk retires, awesome- where have you gone Tyson? Oh yeah, to NY, because we were saving money for Deron Williams and Dwight Howard- thats right, I forgot.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #93
Como11

Como11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura aboutComo11 has a spectacular aura about

"Looking for a team to pay me what I'm worth, not a cent more,"

-Delonte West

This man right here is one of my favorite players in the league. Please resign him!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #94
Sean

Sean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the rough

I was under the impression that Kidd will follow DWill, or is that out the window now with the Joe Johnson trade? Anyone..
Old 07-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #95
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Reconsidering a bit--

it may be great to bring back Nash and/or Kidd if we are willing to develop youth. We got some interesting young guys and we could go out and pick up a few more. As long as we are willing to take a step back from treading water and accept that we are rebuilding and that Nash would teach the next generation, then that would be an acceptable solution for me. If we sign Nash so we can throw Nash/Carter/Marion/Dirk/Haywood out there, then count me out.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #96
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I knew money and living in NYC couldn't be discounted. For all the people knocking Cuban's record, the record is NY/LA/Miami and maybe Chicago vs the rest of the nation aka the field. Those four attract. The others lose. That's the facts. Getting the modern superstar to live outside those places is very close to impossible. Best you can do is homegrow and keep them home (OKC).

With that, while I like the likes of Dragic and Illyasova, short of a Dwight trade, we aren't contending for the rest of Dirk's contract. We have the looks of a 35 win team next year at the moment - sort of like last year's Blazers (a good PF and SF in Aldridge and Wallace, that's it). Do we think we can convince CP3 to leave LA for less money? Less likely than Deron, I think. No hometown angle, Dirk is a year older and Blake is a real superstar. Who else is up next year? Dirk only has two years left on his deal anyways.

Go for fun. Sign Nash!! We'd be bounced in round two but it would make for a fun ride and exit for Dirk. If they DID win, it'd be even sweeter than Deron winning it here.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #97
ibivibiv

ibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Reconsidering a bit--

it may be great to bring back Nash and/or Kidd if we are willing to develop youth. We got some interesting young guys and we could go out and pick up a few more. As long as we are willing to take a step back from treading water and accept that we are rebuilding and that Nash would teach the next generation, then that would be an acceptable solution for me. If we sign Nash so we can throw Nash/Carter/Marion/Dirk/Haywood out there, then count me out.
That is my only sadness that Kidd might go to NY, he would make a great mentor for a young PG still. Well and of course the great years he gave us, that goes without saying.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #98
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I fear you are going to be so wrong.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #99
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I knew money and living in NYC couldn't be discounted. For all the people knocking Cuban's record, the record is NY/LA/Miami and maybe Chicago vs the rest of the nation aka the field. Those four attract. The others lose. That's the facts. Getting the modern superstar to live outside those places is very close to impossible. Best you can do is homegrow and keep them home (OKC).

With that, while I like the likes of Dragic and Illyasova, short of a Dwight trade, we aren't contending for the rest of Dirk's contract. We have the looks of a 35 win team next year at the moment - sort of like last year's Blazers (a good PF and SF in Aldridge and Wallace, that's it). Do we think we can convince CP3 to leave LA for less money? Less likely than Deron, I think. No hometown angle, Dirk is a year older and Blake is a real superstar. Who else is up next year? Dirk only has two years left on his deal anyways.

Go for fun. Sign Nash!! We'd be bounced in round two but it would make for a fun ride and exit for Dirk. If they DID win, it'd be even sweeter than Deron winning it here.
I agree, it is very difficult for the Dallas to compete with the coasts. The spurs have shown us how to do it I believe. I'm not sure whether our owner can be as patient as it is required however. He always seems to think he's the smartest guy in the room.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #100
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
A little off topic, but i really don't think Cuban will actually ever do a "proper" rebuild, just blowing up the whole roster, and suck for talent. He's just not that guy.
I agree. And that could be either really, really bad, or really, really good. (Think: Al Davis, Jerry Jones)
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #101
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Kidd and Tyson happily reunited in Big Apple, Jet contending in BOS

....meanwhile Dirk is spending his last 2yrs with Roddy, Wood and some overpaid leftovers....as a freakin mascot.

Last edited by markus1234; 07-03-2012 at 08:18 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #102
Como11

Adrian Wojnarowski: "Dallas is considering this too: Take a step back, clear cap space for the summer of 2013 and chase free agents Dwight Howard and Chris Paul"

I really don't understand Mark Cuban. Chris Paul is not leaving LA. Dwight Howard isn't coming to Dallas unless there's another young superstar there. AND Dirk isn't getting any younger.

Mark Cuban is really shooting this team down. I can't believe it either. Always thought he was an amazing owner. He is slowly losing that title for me.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #103
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree, it is very difficult for the Dallas to compete with the coasts. The spurs have shown us how to do it I believe. I'm not sure whether our owner can be as patient as it is required however. He always seems to think he's the smartest guy in the room.
When was the last big free agent sign with SA? They got lucky in drafting Tim Duncan. Beswt PF in the game. End of story on how they compete.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #104
Bayliss

I agree on the "wait for Paul/Howard" will be a bad move. Deron had a shot to come here because of ties. Paul? Aint no way he's leaving Griffin + that extra money in LA.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #105
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
When was the last big free agent sign with SA? They got lucky in drafting Tim Duncan. Beswt PF in the game. End of story on how they compete.
Not true at all. They also drafted two other all-stars. And multiple other usable players.

Whereas we have, dojo, ager, roddy, Pavel, Wang, fazekas(?). We haven't drafted a decent player since Nellie left.

Last edited by dude1394; 07-03-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #106
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Como11 View Post
Adrian Wojnarowski: "Dallas is considering this too: Take a step back, clear cap space for the summer of 2013 and chase free agents Dwight Howard and Chris Paul"

I really don't understand Mark Cuban. Chris Paul is not leaving LA. Dwight Howard isn't coming to Dallas unless there's another young superstar there. AND Dirk isn't getting any younger.

Mark Cuban is really shooting this team down. I can't believe it either. Always thought he was an amazing owner. He is slowly losing that title for me.
Only if they have no other recourse i.e. miss out on Dragic, Nash, etc.
Which is a distinct possibility.

But NO WAY they should take a step back and wait for Chris Paul. Thats sheer folly. Cant waste another year of Dirk's precious prime. He deserves better.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #107
Sean

All I know is, we had a great team last year, built for winning 7 game series in the playoffs- and we gambled it all away on the wet-dream of luring DW and DH to Dallas- and it blew up in our face. Now we're poised on becoming the next Sacto Queens of this decade. Steve Nash won't solve anything- we had a better team during his first stint here than we do now.
I hope all of you who defended managements actions over the past year are happy. Maybe they can pull something out of their asses and make up for this debacle, but I don't see how that's possible.
I've been looking for an excuse to stop watching the WWE, I mean the NBA, anyway- now I've got it. I feel bad for Dirk- he deserves better.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #108
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban always said he wouldn't be a middle team. Either everything or nothing.

This is that strategy in a mutated form.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #109
ibivibiv

Quote:

Hey it wasn't stupid enough the first time so try again??? Really? LOL
Old 07-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #110
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

To live and die in LA.

Over the past three days, Paul has been aggressively recruiting for the Clippers, contacting free agents and attempting to sell them on the situation. His pitch has been convincing, with talk about the promising future in Los Angeles and opportunity to compete for a championship. While most players have one foot out the door as free agency looms, Paul is working the phones and planning face-to-face meetings with potential teammates.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #111
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Come on. Who are we talking about again? Oh, Dirk....the greatest teammate of ALL TIME.

Of course he will say these things about his number 2.

Like I said, I don't think he'll miss JT. What I might have needed to add to clarify is that I'm sure he'll miss JT hitting pull up 17 footers. But I always got the impression that they weren't close.
Obviously you're entitled to that, but the evidence is pretty firmly on my side here. There are lots of Dirk quotes from over the years like the one above. But you're basically saying, "I don't think Dirk cared for Terry much, and nothing Dirk says will change my mind because I'll just assume he's being polite." That's unfalsifiable.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #112
Sean

Goran Dragic- are you guys fucking serious? He played for us last season- aka Delonte West. I miss Mavtalk.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #113
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Please, no Cuban!!! This isnt about wasting another season with Dirk + scrubs, its about rebuilding now with promising youth like Dragic...or give it a go with Nash plus a center that should give us more than Haywood, like Camby.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #114
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Sadly, I think gunning again for big fish with less money and a less desirable living situation will be our path again. Another year of uncommitted (Odom) bargain basement (Wright, Williams, Azubuke) mercenaries (Carter, West) who will provide some value (Wright, West) but no real promise in the meantime. Dirk is turning 35 next year. The championship with Dirk was won. It's all about the future now.

I hope we can reunite Dirk with Nash to send him out right.

Last edited by rabbitproof; 07-03-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #115
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
It appears it might be a matter of money and not being as fond of Dragic's game for the reluctance.
You sure its not his age that bothers the Mavs?

...just trolling

Last edited by b_o_r; 07-03-2012 at 08:22 PM.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #116
Bayliss

Quote:
Not true at all. They also drafted two other all-stars. And multiple other usable players.
And without the gift on Duncan on a platter (remember they tanked **1** year when they have a top 10 center of all time on their roster and got the number 1 pick)...... Just think, had they got Keith Van Horn (number 2 instead of number 1 Tim Duncan)... no titles. NONE.

Don't preach of all good they've done when they get a Top 10 center of all time in the draft and the best PF ever in the draft. And they got the number 1 pick twice!

Dallas sucking the entire frickin' 90's never got the number 1 pick.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #117
Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Sadly, I think gunning again for big fish with less money and a less desirable living situation will be our path again. Another year of uncommitted (Odom) bargain basement (Wright, Williams, Azubuke) mercenaries (Carter, West) who will provide some value (Wright, West) but no real promise in the meantime. Dirk is turning 35 next year. The championship with Dirk was won. It's all about the future now.

I hope we can reunite Dirk with Nash to send him out right.
With 42 wins and a first round exit? That's touching. I've got goosebumps just thinking about it.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #118
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
And without the gift on Duncan on a platter (remember they tanked **1** year when they have a top 10 center of all time on their roster and got the number 1 pick)...... Just think, had they got Keith Van Horn (number 2 instead of number 1 Tim Duncan)... no titles. NONE.

Don't preach of all good they've done when they get a Top 10 center of all time in the draft and the best PF ever in the draft. And they got the number 1 pick twice!

Dallas sucking the entire frickin' 90's never got the number 1 pick.
The didn't "tank" as much as they lost their best player for a significant amount of time that year. Why bring him back for some inflated wins.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #119
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

So Cuban is thinking about taking another season off? Last season was tough enough to watch. What are you going to sale to Howard and Paul next summer? Dirk is only getting older. He's gonna have to play his ass off to get people to want to come to Dallas.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #120
Como11

Why would the mavs look at Courtney Lee but not Goran Dragic?!?

This FO has to be trolling us. What are they doing!?!

Tags
avery wins, dwill loves the pecker, jigga town, return of cadbane?, russian mutant cuban 1, shark tank cuban 0, willy wants a pecker