Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #41
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Shamsports released it's 2012 salary page for the Mavs.

The only nugget of real interest, imo, is the difference in contracts they gave the second round rookies.

Bernard James got one year guaranteed, at the absolute rookie minimum, plus an non-guaranteed year next year.

Crowder, in contrast, got almost 35% more salary in the first year, AND got two years guaranteed with a team option for the third year.

I think we could all see this for ourselves in the summer league, but giving a second rounder two years guaranteed and above the minimum scale seems to speak to the Mavs confidence in Crowder being a contributor here.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 09-20-2012 at 08:11 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #42
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Funny thing is that Dirk does take crazy, ill-advised shots like Kobe.

Triple-teamed, off-balance, shooting off one leg? That would drive coaches nuts.

Dirk just makes 'em.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #43
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Shamsports released it's 2012 salary page for the Mavs.

The only nugget of real interest, imo, is the difference in contracts they gave the second round rookies.

Bernard James got one year guaranteed, at the absolute rookie minimum, plus an non-guaranteed year next year.

Crowder, in contrast, got almost 35% more salary in the first year, AND got two years guaranteed with a team option for the third year.

I think we could all see this for ourselves in the summer league, but giving a second rounder two years guaranteed and above the minimum scale seems to speak to the Mavs confidence in Crowder being a contributor here.
What I don't get is why they drafted James first, unless it was a PR move to rev up the crowd. Sounded like they were most interested in Crowder when they got to the second round and with two consecutive picks, the order didn't matter, but you'd just expect that they'd go for their more desired player first.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #44
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

fresh

LOL- > https://twitter.com/BrianCardinal

Dirk is "crying".... (just a metaphor)

http://translate.google.de/translate...nach-1.3001008

Last edited by markus1234; 09-20-2012 at 03:24 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #45
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

7 days till media day (one week!)
8 days till training camp
15 days and counting until the first pre-season game.

I havent been this excited for a few years and I'm not sure why.

+Dirk will be back to his regular form

+A bunch of new guys that could be really good

+If the chemistry gets there, this team could be a team that makes it out of the first round and more

+and even 1-2 of the 5 big "potential" guys meets or exceeds potential (Mayo, Roddy, Collison, Crowder, Cunningham), this team will be scary. For the first time in a while there are a ton of high-potential guys coming into camp. This isn't the old veteran show anymore.

There are grizzled vets but there are also a lot of under-25s out there.

OJ 24
Roddy 24
Collison 25
Wright 25
James 27
Cunningham 21
Crowder 22

Youth, hunger, rest and potential.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-21-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #46
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Some random Mavs quotes from the last week:

Quote:
“I’ve established a pretty good relationship with Dirk. I feel like I’m comfortable playing with him, so that was kind of one of the things that helped bring me here to Dallas. And I’m just really looking forward to the opportunity, seeing what it brings in the NBA, as opposed to European players. And I played with Elton for four or five years in L.A., and we have a good relationship as well. So I’m in a pretty comfortable position here.” -Chris Kaman
Quote:
“We’re used to having the best big defender guarding us. That’s no longer gonna happen. They have to guard Dirk. We all know that he’s one of the greatest. So we’re looking forward to that, exploiting matchups and being in the low post, depending on where coach has us get the ball." -Elton Brand
Quote:
“I have to say it’s the first time since I’ve owned the Mavs when I’ve walked downstairs and saw our centers taking jump shots and that I didn’t cringe." -Mark Cuban
Quote:
“For me, as a point guard trying to lead this team, I’ve got to make sure guys understand that this is a great opportunity for us to do something (the Mavs) did two years ago.” -Darren Collison

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-21-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #47
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Got a chance to chitchat with Roland Beech yesterday. He said he's most excited about EB. Sad to see JET go and sure JET will be back when he's done playing.

Also says lineup stats are overused (didn't say it directly but hinted at it).

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #48
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Got a chance to chitchat with Roland Beech yesterday. He said he's most excited about EB. Sad to see JET go and sure JET will be back when he's done playing.

Also says lineup stats are overused (didn't say it directly but hinted at it).
Me as well. From my limited and casual reading of the national prognosticators I don't get the impression that his acquisition registered as much more than a blip on most people's radars - and maybe that was the timing of the amnesty claim, or the higher profile moves of the Lakers and the Heat - but I'm expecting him to end up being Dallas' 2nd best player. A lot still depends on one of the young point guards showing they can run the team, and on one of the SGs (preferably Mayo) playing solid two-way ball, but I think that Matrix/Dirk/Brand frontcourt is capable of anchoring a much stronger closing lineup than most people realize.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #49
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Me as well. From my limited and casual reading of the national prognosticators I don't get the impression that his acquisition registered as much more than a blip on most people's radars - and maybe that was the timing of the amnesty claim, or the higher profile moves of the Lakers and the Heat - but I'm expecting him to end up being Dallas' 2nd best player. A lot still depends on one of the young point guards showing they can run the team, and on one of the SGs (preferably Mayo) playing solid two-way ball, but I think that Matrix/Dirk/Brand frontcourt is capable of anchoring a much stronger closing lineup than most people realize.
I totally agree and I think Brand will actually be a great and underrated asset at the center position. His PER and net PER at the center position was actually very good last year.

Admittedly, he didn't play against many star centers, but there aren't many this year either. Not many of the lanky centers use their height well and Brand is as strong as anyone guarding power players. He helped keep Howard to only 39% shooting last year (third best of any team), which will be nice because the Lakers are penciled in as one of the teams to beat this year in the West.

Also the second best rebounder in this team as far as rebounding rating

Rebounding rating
Kaman 28.0
Brand 24.9
Marion 24.7
Wright 22.1
Dirk 20.7

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-21-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:48 AM   #50
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Go Mavs! Haven't been this excited in a while.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:27 AM   #51
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Who knows, maybe we'll see Dirk at SF a couple of times...
Old 09-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #52
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
What I don't get is why they drafted James first, unless it was a PR move to rev up the crowd. Sounded like they were most interested in Crowder when they got to the second round and with two consecutive picks, the order didn't matter, but you'd just expect that they'd go for their more desired player first.
IIRC, there was a radio interview over the summer with either Donnie or Mark where they said they took James first as a token symbol of respect.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #53
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

While I simply can't promise anything due to the chaotic nature of the day, you can list requests of things you want to hear from certain players on specific subjects for media day. The sooner the better in terms of requests.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #54
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

media day is Friday! This week is going to be hell for me, so I am so happy to have more motivation to make it through the week.

Saturday this team will start practice together in proper. So excited to hear the reports.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #55
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn you Dirk, why you had to get a haircut for your wedding? tzztzztzz

Media day without "Dirk, the surfer dude" isnt the same
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #56
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
While I simply can't promise anything due to the chaotic nature of the day, you can list requests of things you want to hear from certain players on specific subjects for media day. The sooner the better in terms of requests.
I've gotten next to nothing in terms of participation in regards to this from y'all.
I'm also working on getting some time with Dirk to work on an in-depth Q&A with him.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #57
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Damn you Dirk, why you had to get a haircut for your wedding? tzztzztzz

Media day without "Dirk, the surfer dude" isnt the same
Wish he would buzz it now. That way it will be surfer dude style later in the season.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #58
sinsin

sinsin will become famous soon enoughsinsin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
To Delonte West: What do you expect to achieve for yourself and for the team in the upcoming season? What are the goals for you, personnaly?

To Shawn Marion: What do you think about the acquisition of Dahntay Jones? Do you still expect to guard the opponents pointguard for significant stretches in a game?

To Rodrigue Beaubois: How does it feel to be able to go through a full preseason training camp for the first time in quite a while? What do you expect for yourself in the upcoming season? Do you feel you have something to prove?

To Dirk N... (you know who! Lets simply call him Hero): What are the positives and what are the negatives that you take away from this busy offseason for the Dallas Mavericks? How is the teams spirit? Have you had the chance to hang out with the new guys?

And to Mr. Bryan Gutierrez: When is the next MOR comming?!?!
sinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #59
markus1234
Platinum Member

To Dirk N.

After winning a championship, could individual records (30.000 pts) become a new motivation at this stage of your career ?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #60
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Wish he would buzz it now. That way it will be surfer dude style later in the season.
This.

I haven't seen Dirk with a good buzz cut in a long while.

The last time I remember him having it that short was during the MVP season in 07.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 09-24-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #61
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
This.

I haven't seen Dirk with a good buzz cut in a long while.

The last time I remember him having it that short was during the MVP season in 07.
I remember reading somewhere that his lady likes his hair longer, so you'll probably never see the buzz again...

Old 09-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #62
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I remember reading somewhere that his lady likes his hair longer, so you'll probably never see the buzz again...
Nah, booooo !!

Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #63
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

You know the off season has overstayed its welcome if people are resorting to talk about how much they pine for another man to get a certain haircut.

Last edited by MavsFTR; 09-24-2012 at 07:34 PM.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #64
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

hmmm... questions....

how much are collison and mayo looking forward to the pick and roll with dirk?

How is Brand doing after being amnestied and now most likely coming off the bench - does he feel that it'll help his body to hold up well until the postseason?

How different is Dirks life now that he is married?

Does OJ see this as a critical year/step in his career (same for collison) being as they had great rookie seasons but have not really progressed much statistically since then.

Which aspect of the game are the guys particularly paying attention to this offseason (at an individual level) to get better / help the team out more - what do they feel they can do better this season than last.

What seed do they think the mavs can contend for this year if everyone stays healthy

For the new guys: How different will it be to play as much zone/matchup zone as coach carlisle likes to play - particularly with Kaman?

For Kaman: what is his hog count at?

For Delonte/dahntey jones/beaubois: what do they see as their role on the team yet with the army of (combo-) guards that we now have
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #65
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Crowder: What is the one skillset that you or the Mavs want you to focus on? Ballhandling? Shooting? Are you getting specific spots on the floor to operate on such as corner 3s? Do you see yourself as more of a 2 or a 3 in the league?

Brand: Which type of opponents give you the most trouble defending? The low post players such as Bynum? The perimeter oriented players such as Bargnani, the quick players such as (guy in Denver who I can't think of at the moment)? Are you used to a zone? You can be a good assest in the zone because your reach, have you started working on techniques etc to be the last line of defense in that format?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #66
BGMaverick9
Guru

Thanks for the questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsin View Post
When is the next MOR comming?!?!
We're going to look at schedules this weekend and possibly have one lined up for next week. If not next week, we'll roll with the following week.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #67
Underdog

Three days until camp starts!

Here are some fun facts:

Mavs added 3 centers this summer.

Dahntay Jones has 33 total 3-pointers in his playoff career and started 3 games last season.

Mavs had a losing season in their 3rd year in the league.

It takes 3 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop.

Dirk Nowitzki won his first 3-point contest on his 3rd try.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #68
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Here are some fun facts:

Dahntay Jones has 33 total 3-pointers in his playoff career and started 3 games last season.

I like what you're doing.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #69
tron#1

tron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nicetron#1 is just really nice

Quote:
Thanks for the questions.

We're going to look at schedules this weekend and possibly have one lined up for next week. If not next week, we'll roll with the following week.
Question for OJ. Does he think he has the ability to be a second option giving 20+ points a night if needed.
tron#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #70
markus1234
Platinum Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...cks-measure-up

Quote:
There are 15 teams that have two top-50 players. The Mavs aren’t one of them, with No. 11 Dirk Nowitzki all alone.

The Lakers and Thunder, the teams expected to meet in the West finals, lead the NBA with four top-50 selections. L.A. and OKC both have two top-10 players – joining the defending champion Heat on that exclusive list – and the Lakers are the lone team with four in the top 20.

There are another six teams with three top-50 players: the Bulls, Celtics, Grizzlies, Heat, Knicks and Spurs. (New York big man Tyson Chandler checked in at No. 23, in case MFFLs were wondering.)

The hope around the AAC is that depth will make up for the lack of a legitimate co-superstar to pair with Nowitzki.

The Maverick ranked next after Nowitzki is Elton Brand all the way down at No. 85, but they have a total of five top-100 players, with O.J. Mayo, Shawn Marion and Darren Collison joining Nowitzki and Brand. The Nuggets are the only team with more. There are five other teams with five top-100 players.

With No. 113 Chris Kaman in the mix, the Mavs have six top-150 players, a total that ties for seventh in the league.

The Mavs proved a lot of people wrong with their lone-star title run a couple of years ago. They’ll try to do it again against a handful of teams that have loaded up on elite talent.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #71
The Ghost of Championship
Banned

The Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these partsThe Ghost of Championship is infamous around these parts

All Icons are copied.
The Ghost of Championship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #72
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Championship View Post
All Icons are copied.
You overrate my ability - it's a lot easier to mock a fool than to copy an icon...

Old 09-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #73
bigcat

bigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to all

my question for media day:

to RC and/or Donnie: given there are several young, talented new players on the team in their "contract year", what do you do to ensure mavs avoid the situation where they start look after themselves, instead doing what is needed to help the team win, especially if/when mavs get to a tough stretch when they lose a bunch of games?
bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #74
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Annnnd we are on the eve of the beginning of the Mavericks reunion. Media day tomorrow and they begin practicing Saturday.

Schwing
Old 09-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #75
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:

Here are some fun facts:

Desgana Diop kept the Mavs' 3 pointer streak alive (to this day) by draining a three in the final minute of the 2006 season vs the Clippers.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #76
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

if anyone read fish article on the three mavs camp bodies:

I saw josh akognon play for Cal State Fullerton when I did my student exchange programm there. He is undersized, had to carry to whole team and is a volume shooter (not the best passer ). The titans had a bad team though and the whole game evolved around him. He can create his own shot but I dont see a chance he is even getting serious minutes in the preseason.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #77
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folterkammer View Post
if anyone read fish article on the three mavs camp bodies:

I saw josh akognon play for Cal State Fullerton when I did my student exchange programm there. He is undersized, had to carry to whole team and is a volume shooter (not the best passer ). The titans had a bad team though and the whole game evolved around him. He can create his own shot but I dont see a chance he is even getting serious minutes in the preseason.
The guy makes JJB look tall. I remember seeing a few games with him and even in the Big West he was the smallest guy on the court most of the time. Frenetic guy who was the target of double and triple teams and still put up decent numbers but you can't be that short and not be able to run an offense.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #78
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Desgana Diop kept the Mavs' 3 pointer streak alive (to this day) by draining a three in the final minute of the 2006 season vs the Clippers.
To this day, i never saw that three... Anyone got a link?
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #79
BGMaverick9
Guru

Tu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gpS7PSYWcM
Old 09-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #80
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Vom

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote