Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the series be?
Mavs in 4 0 0%
Mavs in 5 1 5.56%
Mavs in 6 7 38.89%
Mavs in 7 6 33.33%
Jazz in 7 1 5.56%
Jazz in 6 1 5.56%
Jazz in 5 0 0%
Jazz in 4 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2022, 08:58 AM   #121
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, maybe it's time to stop saying "next season" and win this damn one!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2022, 01:25 PM   #122
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Callie Caplan @CallieCaplan
Jason Kidd on Luka Doncic: “He’s doing the work that the medical staff has asked him to do, and there hasn’t been any setback. He feels great, so I think he just continues to come in with that good attitude that at some point, he’ll get that green light to play.” – 2:18 PM
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 02:06 PM   #123
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

I think the Mavs should sit Luka for Game 3 and give him some more time. I firmly believe that the Jazz will throw the kitchen sink at Game 3 and win by a healthy margin. Because that's what good teams do at home for their first post season game at home. The Mavs, however, will need to throw the kitchen sink at Game 4 to regain HCA and that will require Luka. Just my opinion.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:21 PM   #124
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
I think the Mavs should sit Luka for Game 3 and give him some more time. I firmly believe that the Jazz will throw the kitchen sink at Game 3 and win by a healthy margin. Because that's what good teams do at home for their first post season game at home. The Mavs, however, will need to throw the kitchen sink at Game 4 to regain HCA and that will require Luka. Just my opinion.
I see the wise in this.

But remember that even 60% Luka changes everything...including Dwight Powell who is worthless without him.

I'm actually fine either way. And there is no question he comes back for game 4 especially if we are blown out in game 3.

Old 04-20-2022, 03:16 PM   #125
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Callie Caplan @CallieCaplan
Jason Kidd on Luka Doncic: “He’s doing the work that the medical staff has asked him to do, and there hasn’t been any setback. He feels great, so I think he just continues to come in with that good attitude that at some point, he’ll get that green light to play.” – 2:18 PM
Game 4 because that's put him right at about 2 weeks exactly

I think that game is the biggest game of this series and the game up in Utah that the Mavs are most likely to win
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 03:58 PM   #126
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs need to focus, focus, focus, on defense in game 3 and work to prevent the Jazz from obtaining their rhythm on offense. They (the Jazz) are a bit out of sync right now and relying a lot on isolation plays. I think that works to the Mavs advantage. Jazz averaged 40 three-pt attempts/gm during the regular season but have only shot 22 in game 1 and 29 in game 2. If the Jazz find their stroke from long-distance or begin to adopt a more team oriented flow, then an already difficult series gets that much tougher. With or without Luka, defense is the key.
Old 04-20-2022, 05:57 PM   #127
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Luka upgraded to questionable for game 3.

Old 04-20-2022, 06:53 PM   #128
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
I go back and forth with this. Cause I was thinking the exact same way you were. But if hes healthy enough to go game 3, I say let him get back in the swing. Could still be a loss, but game 4 mentally he might feel more confident to be aggressive. Tie it up and go back home.
Old 04-20-2022, 07:03 PM   #129
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure Luka is playing tomorrow. I feel like the Mavs have been way too openly optimistic with the media for him not to play.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:22 PM   #130
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

The next game is always the most important game. Game 3, game 4, none are more important or are going to get more effort than the previous. It's the playoffs, and teams are going 100%. The things that change are strategy.

If Luka is going to play, there's going to be a risk to some degree. Does the degree of risk drop that much between game 3 and game 4, two days later?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 11:00 PM   #131
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

There's a risk no matter what. You can only weigh risk/reward so much until you have to give it a go. It's still a risk even if he came back in game 4 or 5. The only full proof long term way around that is to not play him at all. I think that's off the table now that Booker is hurt.

And Luka won't be 100% no matter what this series. Dems the breaks.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-20-2022 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2022, 03:33 AM   #132
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

So, is anyone still mad that we didn't trade Brunson for Oladipo last year?
Old 04-23-2022, 09:32 AM   #133
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
So, is anyone still mad that we didn't trade Brunson for Oladipo last year?
Yuck. Was that a thing?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 09:39 AM   #134
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Yuck. Was that a thing?
That is the first I ever heard of that?

Old 04-23-2022, 11:16 AM   #135
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Yuck. Was that a thing?
It was quite a contentious discussion on here, yeah. When Miami got Oladipo last year for Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, and a pick swap, there were a few posters on here that were aghast that the Mavs didn't outbid Miami. They argued that this was the same old Mavs, not being aggressive, standing pat and simply saying "we like our team." The general consensus seemed to be that a deal for Oladipo would require Brunson, a couple of our expiring contracts, and a second round pick or two.

I argued A: Oladipo was just about washed, and B: he had already made it known that he was going to Miami anyway, so if anyone other than Miami got him, it would only be like a 2 month rental, so it made no sense to give up whatever precious, limited assets the Mavs had for him.
Old 04-23-2022, 01:32 PM   #136
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Someone please update me that punk ass Royce has been suspended
Old 04-23-2022, 06:23 PM   #137
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
NBA doesn’t give a fuck about the Mavs so no
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 07:19 PM   #138
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
NBA doesn’t give a fuck about the Mavs so no
This has been proven since 2006.

Old 04-24-2022, 03:35 AM   #139
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
It was a very smart cheap shot in the sense that there was no wind up, and although we know that he probably targeted the lumbar area, there is no way you can suspend him for that. Not that we would want the NBA to do it, because he is just as bad on defense as Mitchell or Clarkson, or Conley (this version of Conley). It's too bad we have missed a crapton of open shots once again.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 07:50 AM   #140
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas Mavericks PR: Frank Ntilikina (illness recovery) is questionable for Game 5 against the Jazz. Tim Hardaway Jr. (left foot surgery) will remain out. – via Twitter MavsPR
Old 04-25-2022, 08:04 AM   #141
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRLZw_SV...jpg&name=large

Old 04-25-2022, 09:45 AM   #142
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
This just means the league and the refs have faith in those 3 teams including us. So obviously in game 7 at home, we will get allllthe calls.

Old 04-25-2022, 10:09 AM   #143
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Is Brunson gone because of his Dad?

"We've got to figure out if Dallas wants him. Not words," Rick Brunson says. "Ain't no discount. So don't put it on us. Don't tell me you love me. Show me."

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-25-2022 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:17 AM   #144
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like he just wants to get Jalen his money and Jalen is going to be more Nash than Dirk.

Nash 100% would have stayed if we 100% didn't stiff him.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 10:50 AM   #145
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Someone with positive mojo start the GDT.

Old 04-25-2022, 02:02 PM   #146
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Is Brunson gone because of his Dad?

"We've got to figure out if Dallas wants him. Not words," Rick Brunson says. "Ain't no discount. So don't put it on us. Don't tell me you love me. Show me."
The Knicks, who could give Brunson the opportunity to be a full-time primary ball handler, need to shed salary to have the flexibility to sign him but could feasibly create $20 million or more in cap space. League sources say the Mavs have no intention of cooperating in potential sign-and-trade scenarios. 6 hours ago – via Tim MacMahon @ ESPN
Old 04-25-2022, 02:47 PM   #147
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Knicks, who could give Brunson the opportunity to be a full-time primary ball handler, need to shed salary to have the flexibility to sign him but could feasibly create $20 million or more in cap space. League sources say the Mavs have no intention of cooperating in potential sign-and-trade scenarios. 6 hours ago – via Tim MacMahon @ ESPN
Mavs need to do the honorable thing and pay JB $20M+/yr of Mark Cuban's money (did you ever think you would see the words "honorable" and "Mark Cuban" in the same sentence?). Cuban can afford it and JB is worth it. I don't care how much luxury tax he will have to pay. Put up or shut up Mark.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:55 PM   #148
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Teams always find a way to shed salary if need be. All they need is a yes from him, and they'll do it.

So the Mavs posturing they won't work out a S&T if their backs are against the wall is ridiculous. And it reeks of continued poor management.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-25-2022 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-25-2022, 04:46 PM   #149
Dallas41
Diamond Member

NBA Rumors: Mavs Tried to Trade Jalen Brunson, Picks to Draft Tyrese Haliburton
Dallas is still probably happy it held on to Brunson, who has taken a significant leap over the past two years.

The guard finished fourth in Sixth Man of the Year voting last season and averaged 16.3 points, 4.8 assists and 3.9 rebounds per game in 2021-22. He has stood out in the playoffs with an average of 29.8 points across four games, including a 41-point effort in a Game 2 win with Luka Doncic injured.

Dallas heads into Monday tied 2-2 with the Utah Jazz in the first-round series, but the team might've already been eliminated without Brunson's heroics.

The question for the Mavericks is if they can keep the 25-year-old when he hits free agency in the offseason.

As far as the 2020 draft, the team would have been in even better shape if it kept Brunson and used the 18th pick on Tyrese Maxey, Saddiq Bey or Desmond Bane.
Old 04-25-2022, 04:52 PM   #150
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Teams always find a way to shed salary if need be. All they need is a yes from him, and they'll do it.

So the Mavs posturing they won't work out a S&T if their backs are against the wall is ridiculous. And it reeks of continued poor management.
How would you rather them answer that line of questioning, by tipping their hand and potentially further muddy relations with Brunson and his team, during the playoffs? This is all the Knicks have to focus on and talk about, so the rumors and any "indications" at this point are not worthy. The discussions with Brunson haven't even heated up yet at this point for the Mavs, and that's a good thing. One focus.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 05:18 PM   #151
purplefrog
Platinum Member

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...y-implications

Since Mavs are the only team that can give him a five year deal, JB should be a Mavs for at least that duration...unless Cuban tries to get cute. I would start the bidding at 5 years and $100M. Might have to go 5 and $125M. Doesn't matter, the alternative is a huge step backwards.

Last edited by purplefrog; 04-26-2022 at 03:21 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 07:31 AM   #152
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post

Since Mavs are the only team that can give him a five year deal. JB should be a Mavs for at least that duration...unless Cuban tries to get cute. I would start the bidding at 5 years and $100M. Might have to go 5 and $125M. Doesn't matter, the alternative is a huge step backwards.
This. The question was, what will he do in the POs. He's probably a 25m man now.

Old 04-26-2022, 03:13 PM   #153
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Donovan Mitchell's MRI negative; Utah Jazz hopeful he plays

An MRI on Tuesday on Utah Jazz star shooting guard Donovan Mitchell's left hamstring was negative, the team announced.

Mitchell has bilateral quadriceps contusions and will continue treatment, according to the Jazz. Sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski that there is optimism that Mitchell will be available for Game 6 on Thursday at home against the Dallas Mavericks, when the Jazz are facing elimination.
Old 04-26-2022, 03:39 PM   #154
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Man, do we want him to play or sit? Feel he's been mostly detrimental to his team this series, but his talent still warrants attention.

If he sits though, then DFS can focus on Clarkson.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Old 04-26-2022, 05:51 PM   #155
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Man, do we want him to play or sit? Feel he's been mostly detrimental to his team this series, but his talent still warrants attention.

If he sits though, then DFS can focus on Clarkson.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I would rather Mitchell sit if you're talking Mavs best chance to win. Dude is explosive and really good, essentially taking their best player away despite how he's played so far in this series.
Old 04-26-2022, 05:56 PM   #156
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post

Since Mavs are the only team that can give him a five year deal, JB should be a Mavs for at least that duration...unless Cuban tries to get cute. I would start the bidding at 5 years and $100M. Might have to go 5 and $125M. Doesn't matter, the alternative is a huge step backwards.
If it's true they came back to the Mavs FO in January and could have had this locked up with DFS, then what the hell was the FO thinking. Of course, we have to go by Brunson's dad's version of the story, but wild and a little sad if true. Gonna cost 'em.

I'm also gonna go ahead and eat a smaller version of crow now before it gets any bigger. I didn't give enough credit to Brunson's work this season and gave way to much to the one series against the Clippers. I guess, like Brunson, that stuck with me all summer, too. LOL

He good, pay that man his money.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:32 PM   #157
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
If it's true they came back to the Mavs FO in January and could have had this locked up with DFS, then what the hell was the FO thinking. Of course, we have to go by Brunson's dad's version of the story, but wild and a little sad if true. Gonna cost 'em.

I'm also gonna go ahead and eat a smaller version of crow now before it gets any bigger. I didn't give enough credit to Brunson's work this season and gave way to much to the one series against the Clippers. I guess, like Brunson, that stuck with me all summer, too. LOL

He good, pay that man his money.
Jalen going to Nova seems to prove that he is his own man. Rick can talk all he wants but JB is going to make his own decisions. Dad is posturing IMO, he can say things that Jalen won't or can't. He wants JB to get paid, more than help decide where he gets paid.

Old 04-27-2022, 01:33 AM   #158
Dallas41
Diamond Member

The more you watch D.Banes in these playoffs the more you can't help but think the Mavs really fucked up in that draft.

I mean this kid is terrific.

He might not have played much under RC but after watching this Memphis playoff series I can only imagine under Kidd what this dude would have looked like next to Luka and Brunson.

That would have been an awesome trio built through the draft when think about it
Old 04-27-2022, 04:53 AM   #159
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Luka is the best player in the league, and Nico and Kidd will figure this out.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 07:23 AM   #160
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
The more you watch D.Banes in these playoffs the more you can't help but think the Mavs really fucked up in that draft.

I mean this kid is terrific.

He might not have played much under RC but after watching this Memphis playoff series I can only imagine under Kidd what this dude would have looked like next to Luka and Brunson.

That would have been an awesome trio built through the draft when think about it
I thought the same thing last night watching the game. Luckily Green has looked serviceable, but Bane would be terrific. I’ll admit I wanted Saddiq Bey who also would be a good fit IMO.