Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-22-2003, 05:40 PM   #441
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about
Default What is spinning in your CD player right now?

I like variety
Maroon 5
50 Cent
Linkin Park
Outkast and Limp Bizkit comes out tomorrow, and then I'll be rollin to that
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2003, 05:43 PM   #442
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Garth Brooks - GH
Reba -GH
Sawyer Brown - GH
Tracy Lawrence - Texas Tornado
Lone Star - GH
Pat Green - WoW
Cold Play - most recent
U2 - i think it's like..82-90 or somesuch
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 06:11 PM   #443
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Garth Brooks - GH
Reba -GH
Sawyer Brown - GH
Tracy Lawrence - Texas Tornado
Lone Star - GH
Pat Green - WoW
Cold Play - most recent
U2 - i think it's like..82-90 or somesuch
The U2 CD is probably the Best of 1980-1990. Nothing like a Best of CD being released by your favorite band since youth to make you feel like you are getting old. And to top it off, they released a Best of 1990-2000.

Ouch.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:03 PM   #444
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Just listened to "Da Band's" cd and I wa simpressed. It received alot of bad reviews and I thought i'd check it out of rmyself. I must say that I wasn't dissapointed either. There are a couple of filler tracks but what albums (exception of Outkast) don't have fillers anyway. I'm still going to buy i twhen it does come in stores I believe the 30th. They gave me enough laughs on the show for me to buy there album.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 07:17 PM   #445
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Billy Joel's great hits vol 3.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:15 PM   #446
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Fountains of Wayne

and some old Junior Brown!
Old 09-23-2003, 08:05 AM   #447
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: smile_at_me10
Billy Joel's great hits vol 3.
I love Billy Joel. He does an excellent live show.
Garth Brook's cover of "You May Be Right" is a raucous video.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2003, 08:06 AM   #448
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Thelonius Monk - Underground
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:15 AM   #449
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Marvin King - The Calling
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:31 AM   #450
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Requiem by John Rutter
Gloria by John Rutter

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2003, 11:31 AM   #451
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Carnival of Souls by Miranda Sex Garden
Old 09-23-2003, 11:40 AM   #452
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road
Default RE: What is spinning in your CD player right now?

The Gloria is a great piece. I played it at an Easter gig last year.
Right now I'm listening to Jaco Pastorius's Word of Mouth.

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 07:33 PM   #453
Caliente
Diamond Member

Dwight Yoakum.
Vivaldi - The Four Seasons.
Miguel Antonio.

Old 09-27-2003, 10:03 PM   #454
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Sviatoslav Richter--Un Portrait

Beethoven Sonata for Piano in F minor
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 10:13 PM   #455
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew WK: The Wolf
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Soundtrack II
Bushwick Bill: The Phantom of the Rappra
Old 09-28-2003, 01:23 AM   #456
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

obie trice - cheers
lynard skynard - gold & platinum
three six mafia - world domination pt 2
NIN - pretty hate machine
pink floyd - animals
depeche mode - violator
Old 09-28-2003, 10:50 AM   #457
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

RUSH - Vapor Trails

This might date me, but this band is the best band of all time IMO. They put out this album last year, but got started back in the 70's. Precision three piece band which makes hard rock sound like a syphony. Most people in the business consider their drummer Neil Peart to be the best drummer period. They have a rep as a thinking man's band with incredibly deep lyrics.

RUSH Website Their site has won many awards, check it out.

Mavericks team pic. Guess which one is Stack.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 11:09 AM   #458
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Macy Gray "On How Life Is"--Sex-o-Matic Venus Freak.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:09 AM   #459
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Joni Mitchell--Both Sides Now.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:01 PM   #460
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

The Distillers - Sing Sing Death House.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 04:07 PM   #461
signoftimes

signoftimes is on a distinguished road

I went to see Interpol at the Gypsey Tea Room Tuesday night. Steve Nash and friends showed up after the Orlando game around Midnight.
signoftimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 07:08 PM   #462
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Currently listening to the new A Perfect Circle. Sooooooooo much better than the first album.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:19 PM   #463
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: signoftimes
I went to see Interpol at the Gypsey Tea Room Tuesday night. Steve Nash and friends showed up after the Orlando game around Midnight.
what did you think of them live? I love them..but they were just a little...clincal and quiet for me live.
Could've been the venue though I guess.

Anyhoo...listening to the new Strokes album, "Room On Fire".
Going to a festival tomorrow and I'm going to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, BRMC, White Stripes, THe Roots, Jurrasic 5, Liars, Whirlwind Heat,
The Hellacopters...and some other bands....so yeah, i'll probably listen to some of them today too.

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-09-2003, 07:22 PM   #464
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Miles Davis's Kind of Blue
Count Basie Orchestra-Live at the Sands before Frank
Basie Live at the Sands (with Frank)

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 10:39 PM   #465
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Currently listening to the new A Perfect Circle. Sooooooooo much better than the first album.

you think? I agree it's got more "hits", but the sound is a lot different. A lot less melodic.
IMO both are good in diffreent ways. Still, in my mind APC is just something to hold me over in between TOOL CD's. the problem is they usually wait about 4 years between releases. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2003, 11:30 PM   #466
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Grandaddy
Nelly Furtado
Barenaked Ladies
Old 10-10-2003, 12:14 AM   #467
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Outkast-Speakerbox/The Love Below
Old 10-10-2003, 01:03 AM   #468
veruca salt
Platinum Member

hmmm! it finally comes out here next week!

Smile like you mean it
Old 10-10-2003, 04:37 AM   #469
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Just211
Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark

you think? I agree it's got more "hits", but the sound is a lot different. A lot less melodic.
IMO both are good in diffreent ways. Still, in my mind APC is just something to hold me over in between TOOL CD's. the problem is they usually wait about 4 years between releases. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
See...I thought the newer album was much more melodic. Different strokes I guess...

Old 10-10-2003, 04:41 AM   #470
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Anyone heard much of Damien Rice? I'm usually not into the acoustic rock stuff, or whatever you call it...

but Volcano is a badass song.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:36 AM   #471
signoftimes

Quote:
what did you think of them live? I love them..but they were just a little...clincal and quiet for me live.
Clinical and quiet....hhmmm, I think a lot of bands are going in that direction these days. They've been playing bigger and bigger venues each time they come through. The first time, they played a 400 seat venue, then a 700 and this time was 1100 seat venue.

I also saw Beulah Wednesday night. Very good. They had some guy named John Vanderslice open for them. I'd never heard of him, but enjoyed it thoroughly.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:35 AM   #472
Caliente
Diamond Member

Madonna - Ray of Light
Garth Brooks - Greatest Hits
Handel's - Messiah
Old 11-18-2003, 09:40 AM   #473
signoftimes

Default RE:What is spinning in your CD player right now?

Went and saw the Yeah Yeah Yeah's last night at Tree's. good Show, too many kids.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:57 AM   #474
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I always liked that picture cd thread. this is in my car right now...

Old 11-18-2003, 10:06 AM   #475
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

A burned mix featuring lots of George Thorogood, ACDC, Golden Earing, Alice Cooper, Judas Priest, and Iron Maiden...
Old 11-18-2003, 07:45 PM   #476
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:
Went and saw the Yeah Yeah Yeah's last night at Tree's. good Show, too many kids.
Are they still touring with the Liars?
Has Karen O recovered from her accident in Australia.
When I saw them, I was so dissapointed, they were good musically, but
subdued. She was rolled onto stage in a wheelchair by her boyfriend though,
so atleast the theatrics were entertaining, I guess.

Smile like you mean it
Old 11-18-2003, 09:47 PM   #477
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

The Shins "O Inverted World"
Television "Marquee Moon"
Spoon "Kill the Moonlight"
Bill Hicks "Rant in E-minor"
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 09:05 AM   #478
signoftimes

Quote:
Are they still touring with the Liars?
No, the opening band was called the Locusts, they were some spaz rock band with 30 second songs. I'd never heard of them before

Quote:
Has Karen O recovered from her accident in Australia.
I didn't know she was in an accident. If she was, then yes she has recovered. She was jumping all around and was rolling around on the stage.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:25 AM   #479
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Quote:

I didn't know she was in an accident. If she was, then yes she has recovered. She was jumping all around and was rolling around on the stage.
Yeah she fell off the stage in Sydney like two day before I saw them.

And mercury rev...nice pick with Television there. Marquee Moon is one of my fave albums of all time.

Smile like you mean it
Old 11-19-2003, 09:40 AM   #480
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

I went to see Thrice and Thursday in concert a few weeks ago at Gypsy Tea Room, and now I'm becoming obsessed with Thrice; their cd "Artist In The Ambulance" is muy bien!
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here