veruca salt will become famous soon enough

le tigre - the feminist sweepstakes

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2002, 09:20 AM   #122
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Nell Carter--Ain't Misbehavin
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 11:23 AM   #123
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

Tiamat - Wildhoney
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 12:13 PM   #124
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I heard a punk rock song once. I think the lyrics were: "I f***ed your snowman, and I'll do it again."

which just made no sense to me.

. . And speaking of not understanding music: I found my heretofore misplaced copy of William Parker: The Peach Orchard. I'm going to listen to that when I get home today. woo hoo! can't wait.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 04:17 PM   #125
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

any electronica fans out there? (our european friends?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 05:45 PM   #126
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Oh oh i heard the new Death In Vegas single today.
Wow. There is one album I can't wait to get my hands on.

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-05-2002, 05:47 PM   #127
veruca salt
Platinum Member

wow, my first double post.
how special, maybe i should just talk
about a cd in it or something instead...hmmmm.
I saw Coldplay was like top 5 in the US album
charts. That's crazy.
Why does America like Coldplay so much?

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-05-2002, 08:43 PM   #128
threadkilla

threadkilla is on a distinguished road

stereolab - dots and loops
threadkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 07:43 AM   #129
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Omara Portuondo--'He Perdido Contigo'; BVSC presents Omara Portuondo
Old 09-06-2002, 05:52 PM   #130
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

8STOPS7
Old 09-06-2002, 06:01 PM   #131
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< any electronica fans out there? (our european friends?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

Not European but an electronica fan, why?

EBTG - Temperamental
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 06:02 PM   #132
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< Why does America like Coldplay so much? >>

Because Coldplay fans are among those Americans still not intelligent enough to use the internet to get music. Gives them a disproportionate place in the marketplace. &lt;j/k-maybe&gt;
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 08:44 PM   #133
threadkilla

threadkilla is on a distinguished road

Sonny Rollins - A Night at the Village Vanguard

Boards of Canada - Music Has A Right To Children
threadkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 05:53 PM   #134
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

hahaha wow hoopsmeister... coincidence deluxe. listening to that song right now as i read your post(hex hector club mix)
amazing.

what else do you like?
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 09:27 PM   #135
NBAfreak02

NBAfreak02 is on a distinguished road

Avril Lavigne (thats pretty much it)
Old 09-14-2002, 11:47 PM   #136
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

here comes veruca...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2002, 02:28 AM   #137
veruca salt
Platinum Member

wow, arky, you certain aren't helping my reputation!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-15-2002, 04:26 PM   #138
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Well...I just wasn't in the mood, so I thought I'd give you first shot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2002, 08:28 PM   #139
veruca salt
Platinum Member

I've been thinking about it, and i don't actually think I am as much of a music nazi
as you'd like to think.
i think the biggest crime with music is not loving it. I don't care what you like, aslong as you get &quot;that&quot; feeling from it, that's all thats important.
There are so many people out there who music is just an aside, background noise...
but nothing beats that feeling you get down your spine when you
hear your favourite song.
I don't know what i'm trying to say anymore...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-15-2002, 10:48 PM   #140
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

sounds like poetry to me Veruca! I know a lot of the stuff I listen too is probably too commercialized/ordinary...but it makes me feel good, and I can relate to it. I definitely understand what you're saying!
Old 09-15-2002, 11:11 PM   #141
veruca salt
Platinum Member

that said... Avril Lavigne, what's that about??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
haha

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-16-2002, 05:53 PM   #142
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

poser she is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2002, 08:59 PM   #143
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Spinning right this moment is Billy Joel and Keeping the Faith.....

feeling kind of Joel-esque...tha man can just play....
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 05:03 PM   #144
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Johnny Copeland, Albert Collins, Robert Cray--SHOWDOWN!

Black Cat Bone

Old 09-17-2002, 05:08 PM   #145
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Ben Kweller - Sha Sha
Rufus Wainwright - Poses
Some chevelle, Weezer, Tool, Counting Crows, AudioVent, Coldplay, and Phantom Planet.
Old 09-17-2002, 05:25 PM   #146
NBAfreak02

NBAfreak02 is on a distinguished road

<< that said... Avril Lavigne, what's that about??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
haha
>>

what are you talkin about....
Old 09-17-2002, 06:42 PM   #147
veruca salt
Platinum Member

Finally with the Phantom Planet.
I've been waiting for an answer on that one for awhile.
Tell me more Ark.....

Got a copy of Supergrass - Life on Other Planets
wow. I like a lot.
Oh and the Music album....so Stone Roses

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-17-2002, 09:12 PM   #148
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

DISTURBED - believe

this one is nowhere near the Sickness
Old 09-18-2002, 07:07 AM   #149
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Well Veruca, I really like Phantom Planet, but I'm a sucker for music I can sing along to. I'd say they are a not as &quot;pop&quot;ish as Travis, but not as &quot;rock&quot;ish as, say, Our Lady Peace. I think they kind of fit in with acts like Pete Yorn and Ben Kweller.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:22 AM   #150
veruca salt
Platinum Member

i love the singles...and i love to dance around
my room, with a hairbrush, singing to them.
Actually now I have seen the two names together, they reminds
me a bit of the 1st Travis album (which was easily their best work...
when they could still rock).

Not to come over all 16 year old girl but...man..the leader singer is so sexy in the Lonely Day film clip though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-19-2002, 11:51 AM   #151
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

DJ Sammy - Heaven (Candlelight Remix)

yea nice and mellow
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 11:58 AM   #152
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Paul Oakenfold: Perfecto Presents Another World -Disc2-Track3-Song To The Siren
Old 09-19-2002, 11:59 AM   #153
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Our Lady Peace - Superman's Dead

(currently scouring Kazaa for some oldies [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])

oh and Oakenfold's greatness..sheer greatness
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 12:01 PM   #154
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

yeah he is...he pretty much invented the genre along with Tall Paul
Old 09-19-2002, 01:19 PM   #155
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

hey ARK, what do you think of that audiovent cd? i was brainwashed into buying it by Madden 2003 (The Energy is one of the songs on the soundtrack) and it was cheap. but i like it.

new coldplay is decent too. and i just got the new lifehouse cd and am pleasantly surprised. and i got the OK Go cd (another brainwash by Madden 2003). not bad either.
Old 09-19-2002, 06:51 PM   #156
veruca salt
Platinum Member

i'm currently dying over the death in vegas album.
i cannot get over how much it rules.

Smile like you mean it
Old 09-19-2002, 10:23 PM   #157
Just211
Platinum Member

Stone Sour

Blindside
Old 09-19-2002, 11:27 PM   #158
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Billy Joel, best of, vol 2

Old 09-20-2002, 08:38 PM   #159
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Hey BBL,
I like that new Lifehouse song, Spin. That song gives me chills. Audiovent is weird to me, but I give it one thumb up. It's got a few good songs, but just isn't as good as OLP or Incubus, or any other &quot;similar&quot; bands.

Old 09-20-2002, 08:39 PM   #160
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Veruca,
I can't really get into Supergrass yet. I don't know if I will, but I'll try...for you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

ANyone else here like Chevelle? I love that guy's voice!

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here