Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #11
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

The plan, to me, was to bridge the gap as best as possible to get to this summer. Clean the slate and make sure the cap/tax implications weren't going to let them get in the way they wanted to do business. Cuban didn't know how the CBA would work exactly at the time, but he had a pretty fair idea that they'd be screwed if they tried to operate the same was as they did right through the the new period of the new CBA.

If they're over the cap, they're not going to be able to have their full arsenal of weapons to work with to build their team to be competitive. I'm pretty sure their moves leading up to last summer and this season line up with that action plan. Cuban's already said they found players that had deals that led perfectly with that plan. He also said if Chandler had an extra year left on his deal when he was acquired from Charlotte that it was really going to be the concept in trade in serious doubt.

They did exactly want they wanted to do, they even got to max out their plan to its fullest. That being said, they didn't let that change their course of action with their plan. They took their chance and failed, but they still had themselves in a spot where they could be opportunistic and field a team that could be built with advantages in the current system, play for now and allow themselves ways to work for the future.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 08-10-2012 at 03:40 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dad joke of the week, dm.com cuban cock suckers, echo chamber members only, look at me i'm murphy3!, my ass bleeds for tyson, trailertrash