Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-12-2004, 05:36 PM   #721
Waschdel

Waschdel is on a distinguished road
Default RE:What is spinning in your CD player right now?

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Mnemosyne (medieval chants meet tenor sax)
odd
Why?
Old 12-12-2004, 05:42 PM   #722
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: What is spinning in your CD player right now?

good point. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I just meant that it is an odd combo

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 05:52 PM   #723
Waschdel

Quote:
good point. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I just meant that it is an odd combo
Odd point...

I just meant that it´s a prejudice
Old 12-12-2004, 05:58 PM   #724
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

what is a "prejudice"?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-12-2004, 06:06 PM   #725
Waschdel

Good question!

An unreflected opinion based on insufficient knowledge
Old 12-12-2004, 06:27 PM   #726
sike
The Preacha

"medieval chants meet tenor sax" is all the knowledge I need to judge it odd.
I think you mistook odd to mean "dumb" or "bad music"....either way, for the most part, love of music is fairly subjective....so have fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

as before mentioned....I'll hang tight with Zep [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2004, 06:32 PM   #727
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Mos Def - The New Danger
Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter
Ludacris - The Red Light District

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:17 PM   #728
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Elliot Smith - From a basement on a hill
Snow Patrol - Final Straw
I really liked that Snow Patrol album at first...now i'm getting tired of it. Some good songs on there, though.
Elliot Smith, man...what a sad but brilliant album. I'm loving this one...

But, my new guilty pleasure:
Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous
I can't believe I like a band headed up by a woman...but they are awesome. Very, VERY good CD. My favorite since Hot Fuss.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:27 PM   #729
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Orange Range - '1st Contact'
Burned compilation of Gundam music
Fat Pat: Throwed in tha Game and Greatest Hits
Old 12-14-2004, 06:30 PM   #730
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Old 12-14-2004, 06:55 PM   #731
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Bran Van 3000 - Discosis

Old 12-15-2004, 09:12 PM   #732
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: SaltwaterChaffy
Mos Def - The New Danger
Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter
tha Carter may be the best rap album this year. Red Light District is also a hot album.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 10:37 PM   #733
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Mos Def - The New Danger
Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter
tha Carter may be the best rap album this year. Red Light District is also a hot album.
I actually think that the Mos Def album is superior to both. But that's just me.

Other listenings:

R.E.M. - Automatic for the People
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever to Tell

Old 12-16-2004, 01:58 PM   #734
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Eminem - Encore

Disgusting, offensive...but damnit, its pretty good.

Right now I'm rotating between Eminem and The Polyphonic Spree.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 02:05 PM   #735
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Led Zep - "Live at the BBC" some of the best rock and roll God ever allowed to be made
its too good to take out...if you like classic blues rooted rock....you must own this album

Old 12-16-2004, 02:06 PM   #736
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-16-2004, 03:56 PM   #737
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

~T.I.- Urban Legend
~Gavin Degraw
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 05:38 PM   #738
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough

Arcade Fire - Funeral

fan-freakin-tastic
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 06:16 PM   #739
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Robert Earl Keen - Live from Austin Texas
Pat Green - Lucky Ones

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:02 AM   #740
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Basement Jax - Rooty
Crystal Method - Tweekend

And I'm usually not big on this electronica/techno/dance/house music stuff.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:02 AM   #741
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

And Benny Benassi - Hypnotica
Old 01-09-2005, 12:04 AM   #742
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

It's tha' bomb!
Old 01-10-2005, 06:52 PM   #743
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo

It's tha' bomb!
sara....i hate to bring this up but how can you be such a big fan of one of the most anti-war bands around and still support bush and call yourself a republican?
Old 01-10-2005, 09:41 PM   #744
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

never understood why U2 was so popular. seem pretty average to me.
Not meaning to be trolli olli

Modest Mouse: Home made. Has a little bit of every cd on it along with my favorite "Worms vs Birds"
Old 01-11-2005, 02:42 PM   #745
bricklayer

bricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the rough

Plus local (Dallas) producer Stewart Sikes did some of the mixing for modest mouse.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:13 PM   #746
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: vinnieponte
sara....i hate to bring this up but how can you be such a big fan of one of the most anti-war bands around and still support bush and call yourself a republican?
Because I can separate my entertainment from my politics. I'm anti-war also vinnie... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2005, 07:18 PM   #747
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

....also, October 2001 at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin U2 played. Seeing as how this was soon after 9/11 there were alot of anti-war signs and peace symbols in the audience. At one point, on the floor in front of the stage two women held up a anti-war sign and Bono went into a spill about the US having to find the people responsible and choking off their Oxygen supply. After that the women put their sign up real quickly.... didn't want Bono to think they didn't agree with him.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:24 PM   #748
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha, i was like, U2sarajevo is a girl? he always talks about his wife...

then i realized "sara" was short for U2sarajevo... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

anyway, i'm listening to Kasey Chambers - Barricades & Brickwalls
Old 01-12-2005, 02:01 PM   #749
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Ray Charles - Genius Loves Company
Howie Day - Stop All the World Now
Secret Machines - Now Here is Nowhere
Eric Clapton - Unplugged
The Vaughan Brothers - Family Style
Gary Clark Jr. - Worry No More
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:00 PM   #750
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Eric Clapton - Unplugged
Has a permanent spot in my DVD changer.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:53 PM   #751
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Eric Clapton - Unplugged
i need to get the dvd - i decided a short time ago that i was going to learn to play all the songs on the album....so far i have layla, tears in heaven, and plan on starting "old love" in the next couple of days
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #752
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: AnMan21
Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Eric Clapton - Unplugged
i need to get the dvd - i decided a short time ago that i was going to learn to play all the songs on the album....so far i have layla, tears in heaven, and plan on starting "old love" in the next couple of days
Same here. I can play Signe, Hey Hey and and all of Layla except the solo (I know, that's the best part). My favorite is Walking Blues, but I need to take a couple of lessons to learn slide guitar.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:45 PM   #753
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Royce Da 5'9'' - M.I.C.-Mixtape

Atmosphere - Seven's Travel

Atmosphere - Lucy Ford (best Hip Hop ever lyricly)

Jay-Z - The Black Album (what a flow...)

The Roots - The Tipping Point

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:14 AM   #754
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Mos Def - The New Danger
Lil' Wayne - Tha Carter
I actually think that the Mos Def album is superior to both. But that's just me.

Other listenings:

R.E.M. - Automatic for the People
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever to Tell

Haven't heard the Mos Def even till this day. From a few friends people have given me mixed reviews so I haven't really gotten a chance to cop it yet. I due like the new song he has out now though that he has a video for.

1996-2005
Old 01-17-2005, 12:17 AM   #755
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Eminem - Encore

Disgusting, offensive...but damnit, its pretty good.

Right now I'm rotating between Eminem and The Polyphonic Spree.

You liked the Em album? It's starting to grow on me a bit but this has got to be his worst album to date. Dre and Em have to start supplying better beats for their albums. Hopefully Detox won't be this bad production wise. Right now though I consistently play Mockingbird, Rain Man and Toy Soldiers. I guess my expectations were just too high.

1996-2005
Old 01-17-2005, 01:43 PM   #756
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Wow. Rotating between Eminem and Polyphonic..there's a big gap in between the two. Ever listen to bluegrass? Some Yonder Mountain String band would make a nice fit in your cd changer ;P
Old 01-18-2005, 07:59 AM   #757
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

My player went back in time and plays Motown all the time right now, especially Diana and Marvin. There's also some Handsome Boy Modelling School, Blackalicous and lots of german and french hiphop in it.
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 10:02 AM   #758
sike
The Preacha

i did have the greatest hits of arrowsmith in..but then i realized that I hate them....

Old 01-18-2005, 11:17 AM   #759
Waschdel

I just bought a new turntable and enjoy some older LPs by Led Zep, The Church and Wishbone Ash
Old 01-23-2005, 04:56 PM   #760
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: mercury_rev
Arcade Fire - Funeral

fan-freakin-tastic

I've been meaning to check that one out. You're definitely not the only person who likes that album.

Now listening to The Comas - Conductor. So far I'm digging it. It's very instrumental and random, which I love.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here