Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-23-2005, 05:12 PM   #761
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future
Default RE: What is spinning in your CD player right now?

Any of you guys listen to String Cheese Incident? I'd suggest Carnival 99' cd or if you're cheap like me you can download their shows at Archive.

Here's one of the more recent ones I think you might enjoy: Halloween
Old 01-24-2005, 01:52 AM   #762
mercury_rev

mercury_rev will become famous soon enough
Default RE:What is spinning in your CD player right now?

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Quote:
Originally posted by: mercury_rev
Arcade Fire - Funeral

fan-freakin-tastic

I've been meaning to check that one out. You're definitely not the only person who likes that album.

Now listening to The Comas - Conductor. So far I'm digging it. It's very instrumental and random, which I love.

Conductor sounds interesting - must give it a listen.

Yes, Funeral is worth all the hype in my opinion. Not everyone digs it as much, but it does something for me. Haven't been this into a new album since Built to Spill's Keep It Like a Secret.
mercury_rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:44 AM   #763
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Adam Green- Jessica
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:56 AM   #764
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Currently obsessed w/The Killers - Hot Fuss.
Got Switchfoot - Beautiful Letdown recently too, it's excellent.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:15 AM   #765
turbo.mav

turbo.mav has a spectacular aura aboutturbo.mav has a spectacular aura about

You should definitely check out that Arcade Fire album ocelot
heres whats getting alot of play on my ipod...
Stars - Set yourself on fire & their earlier album Heart
American Music Club - Love songs for patriots
Pinback - summer in abadon
Elliot Smith - XO
some Radio Dept, Badly Drawn boy, some guster...
and assorted electronica stuff
turbo.mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:08 AM   #766
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

jason mraz - waiting for my rocket to come
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:06 PM   #767
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
Currently obsessed w/The Killers - Hot Fuss.
Got Switchfoot - Beautiful Letdown recently too, it's excellent.
Hot Fuss is my favorite album of the last year, maybe two...
Old 01-24-2005, 01:50 PM   #768
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

The new Ray Wylie Hubbard album - Delirum Tremolos. Got a great review in Sundays' DMN. I've had a copy for a couple of weeks - I think it will be in stores tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:17 PM   #769
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Eric Clapton - Me and Mr. Johnson. Clapton covers his biggest influence, Robert Johnson, in this great album for those who like the blues.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:44 PM   #770
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Old 01-29-2005, 01:16 AM   #771
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream. Listening to Spaceboy right now.
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:12 AM   #772
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Joe Vicino & The Smokedaddys - Shine

[img]i/expressions/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/thumbsup.gif[/img]

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:50 PM   #773
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

the best of Oasis....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:42 PM   #774
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

joss stone - mind body & soul
Old 02-01-2005, 03:37 PM   #775
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I haven't been able to get into The Arcade Fire...I'm still totally into The Comas.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:53 AM   #776
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Orishas - El Kilo
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 09:00 AM   #777
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

The happy release of 'Miami Vice: Season 1' on DVD last week has inspired me to listen to my old Miami Vice I and II soundtracks as well as my Jan Hammer collection again (I haven't started rewatching the first season yet, but that's what weekends are for). Aside from that, I've been listening to a burned CD consisting of the themes from Conan the Barbarian, Patton, Gladiator, Braveheart, and many other fine movie instrumentals...
Old 02-17-2005, 09:07 AM   #778
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
The happy release of 'Miami Vice: Season 1' on DVD last week has inspired me to listen to my old Miami Vice I and II soundtracks as well as my Jan Hammer collection again (I haven't started rewatching the first season yet, but that's what weekends are for). Aside from that, I've been listening to a burned CD consisting of the themes from Conan the Barbarian, Patton, Gladiator, Braveheart, and many other fine movie instrumentals...
Movie themes always take some spots in my playlist, too.
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:33 AM   #779
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Amon Tobin - Supermodified
Old 02-17-2005, 12:46 PM   #780
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Keane - Hopes and Fears
Old 02-17-2005, 05:55 PM   #781
Big_Dog

Big_Dog will become famous soon enough

Metallica - ...And justice for all
Velvet revolver - Contraband
Aerosmith - Big Ones
Old 02-17-2005, 06:09 PM   #782
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Microsoft Virtual Server 2005
Old 02-18-2005, 01:32 AM   #783
mercury_rev

Fiery Furnaces - Blueberry Boat
Old 03-16-2005, 07:26 PM   #784
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Rusted Root - When I woke

Old 03-17-2005, 01:14 AM   #785
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

The Fugees - The Score
Killers - Hot Fuss
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:33 AM   #786
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road

Soundtrack - Smallville
Bob Dylan - Oh Mercy
Elvis Costello - North
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:50 AM   #787
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Bob Dyaln - Blood on the Tracks

Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues: Son House
Old 03-17-2005, 11:03 AM   #788
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Bob Schneider - I'm Good Now

figure you guys in texas have heard of him. he's pretty big in and around austin.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:18 PM   #789
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

The Normals - Coming to Life

one of the best albums I've ever heard.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 05:06 PM   #790
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Better Than Ezra - Greatest Hits
Ben Lee - Awake is the New Sleep
Old 03-17-2005, 05:09 PM   #791
Novice#41
Golden Member

Tiamat - Wildhoney
Old 03-29-2005, 11:17 PM   #792
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Queens of the Stone Age - Lullabies to Paralyze
Beck - Guero
A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 11:57 PM   #793
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Hovercraft - 'Akathisia'
Old 03-30-2005, 12:12 AM   #794
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Breaking Benjamin - We are not alone

I don't know why I'm listening to this album. It's not really that good at all. It's got it's moments, but listening to it from start to finish alot of the songs feel out of place. I think this band is trying to please everyone. I give it thumbs down. Save your money.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:46 AM   #795
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

They Might Be Giants - Dial-a-Song
A burned compilation of anime OST singles (Full Metal Alchemist, Berserk, Gundam stuff, etc... )
Old 03-30-2005, 01:09 AM   #796
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Velvet Underground

The Rainmakers

BTW...They Might Be Giants and Blue Canary rocks!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:46 PM   #797
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Crash Test Dummies...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:04 AM   #798
mercury_rev

The Zombies - 'Absolutely the Best' (singles and selected album tracks)
Old 04-01-2005, 08:40 AM   #799
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

tripping daisy - i'm an elastic firecracker
tripping daisy - jesus hits like the atom bomb
kings of leon - youth and young manhood
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:06 PM   #800
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

In keeping with AnMan's local love:

Slobberbone - Barrel Chested
Pleasant Grove - Auscultations of the Heart
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here