Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-06-2006, 02:10 PM   #1201
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Hawk Nelson-Letters to the President

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2006, 04:15 AM   #1202
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Radiohead is somewhat similar to the Flaming Lips, but I'm sure you've heard of them.

Also, check out Sonic Youth, Islands, Unicorns.
Yeah Radiohead is nothing but pure solid genius! Damn fine songwriting!
Sonic Youth is like one of the demigods of grunge.

Will experiment on the band Islands, and Unicorns. Worth listening to?
A little bit on the heavy side, eh chaffy? Rock on man!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:47 PM   #1203
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

picked up a few CDs yesterday

ordered a few from amazon, too

the last two are by a guy (Ryan Star) that's currently on that Rock Star show on CBS (don't know if anyone is watching it). i listeened to a lot of the tracks on these cds, and really like them. For his sake, i hope he doesn't win...
Old 08-30-2006, 03:32 PM   #1204
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Styx - Mr. Roboto
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:43 PM   #1205
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCGb1tWj8G4

Chillitees - Sama na

Homegrown music from my country: The most awesome kickass island of the PHILIPPINES! check it out, click on the link

Old 08-31-2006, 08:39 AM   #1206
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

now I have to preface this by saying that I don't really like most rap, but the one of the best rappers I've heard is a guy named Williams Branch "The Ambassador"

a freakin rapper with an MA from Dallas Theological Seminary...

the best album is "Christology in Laymen's Terms"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:01 AM   #1207
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Although I don't have it on CD "yet"(hasn't been released), but has anyone heard the Killers single "When You Were Young" from the upcoming "Sam's Town" CD? I haven't been this excited about a CD release since Get Behind Me Satan.....
Old 08-31-2006, 12:11 PM   #1208
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, i LOVED their first cd. it starts off amazing (Jenny) and continues strong all the way through. i'm worried about a sophomore slump.

BUT, i was worried about the same thing with keane (bought their first cd around the same time as the killers), and their second cd was pretty damn good.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:13 PM   #1209
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Threw some old Element eighty in the Cd player today. I love broken promises. actually made it my myspace song today.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:02 PM   #1210
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Fugazi - End Hits
Velvet Underground - Loaded
Midlake - Bamnan & Slivercork (local to DFW)
the pAper chAse - Now You Are One of Us (local to DFW)
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:22 PM   #1211
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Taproot [Welcome] - Poem
Old 08-31-2006, 11:13 PM   #1212
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I'm listening to Sonic Youth's "Rather Ripped." I'm loving it so far, but had to cut my listening short.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #1213
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Listen to this! Watch it. Any of the two.
Wyclef Jean -If I was President

This song really helps me chill out. I play this on the strings, soothing. Kind of hypnotic in a way. If this song interests you gimme a high five! Or pass me a cold brewsky. BTW The acoustic version is way better!

Last edited by mqywaaah; 09-03-2006 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:48 PM   #1214
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Was in Austin the other day, had to stop at Waterloo:

Midlake - The Trials of Van Occupanther
Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans
The Tah-Dah's - Le Fun (local to DFW)
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:20 PM   #1215
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqywaaah
Listen to this! Watch it. Any of the two.
Wyclef Jean -If I was President

This song really helps me chill out. I play this on the strings, soothing. Kind of hypnotic in a way. If this song interests you gimme a high five! Or pass me a cold brewsky. BTW The acoustic version is way better!

High Five! I have an MP3 of him performing this on Chappelle's Show. I listen to it all the time, and I might have played it on one of my shows. Wyclef is one of my favorite performers.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #1216
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Stumbled across a couple of obscure RJD2 joints:

Your Face or Your Kneecaps

In Rare Form
Old 09-03-2006, 10:43 PM   #1217
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

In Rare Form is awesome. I finally got around to RJD2 about two months ago (mainly due to Le'Allouette being played in the Jose +10 World Cup commercials), and I'm very glad I did.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:49 AM   #1218
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Quote:
High Five! I have an MP3 of him performing this on Chappelle's Show. I listen to it all the time, and I might have played it on one of my shows. Wyclef is one of my favorite performers.
High five back at you! What kind of music do you like to perform? That's some good stuff you got going there!

Last edited by mqywaaah; 09-04-2006 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #1219
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
High five back at you! What kind of music do you like to perform? That's some good stuff you got going there!
I'm not a musician. I was referring to the radio show I had last year.

Besides, I don't think singing as if I were a newly elected black President would come off very well.

Last edited by SaltwaterChaffy; 09-04-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:23 PM   #1220
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

picked up some ben harper (diamonds on the inside) over the weekend, and the new audioslave today.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:38 PM   #1221
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, this is good:

Evans Blue - The Melody And The Energetic Nature Of Volume

specifically - Over
Old 09-05-2006, 05:44 PM   #1222
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Oh, this is good:

Evans Blue - The Melody And The Energetic Nature Of Volume

specifically - Over
Over has been on sirius for a while. I like that song. That and Cold are the two singles from that CD. I thought about buying it, is the rest of it worth buying?
Old 09-06-2006, 02:23 PM   #1223
Five-ofan
Guru

Eagle Eye Cherry- Desireless

Save Tonight was one of the better one hit wonders but this cd is actually very solid overall. essentially if you like Jack Johnson i think you would like them. Not exactly the same or anything but i think most that like Jack johnson would like them.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:43 AM   #1224
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Norah Jones' new joint...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #1225
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

5-0, i have two eagle eye cherry cds. very good stuff. hadn't listened to the cds in a while, but "save tonight" came over the speakers when i was out to eat last night, so now i'm listening to the cds today.

and eagle eye cherry is a him, not a them. that's his actual name.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:19 AM   #1226
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
5-0, i have two eagle eye cherry cds. very good stuff. hadn't listened to the cds in a while, but "save tonight" came over the speakers when i was out to eat last night, so now i'm listening to the cds today.

and eagle eye cherry is a him, not a them. that's his actual name.
I thought it was a them. Who is the girl on the song worried eyes? She has an awesome voice.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #1227
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, she's just an accompanying singer for that song. liner notes say she's Titiyo Jah.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:08 AM   #1228
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

that new DMX cd is hot
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:04 PM   #1229
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Slayer - Christ Illusion

ABSOLUTELY SLAYTANIC!!!

Last edited by mqywaaah; 09-07-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:16 AM   #1230
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

The new John Mayer track is pretty sweet.

Just started listening to this new techno/indie/rock group called HelloGoodbye. Pretty catchy stuff.

Also Corinne Bailey Rae and the newish Ben Harper cd are both on my new playlist.

And of course Elton John, since I'm going to his concert on the 24th. HELL YEAH!

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 09-08-2006 at 12:17 AM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #1231
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know much about Mickey Avalon? His song "Jane Fonda" is really very kickass.

You can listen here: http://www.odeo.com/audio/659431/view

Last edited by chumdawg; 09-08-2006 at 10:46 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:51 AM   #1232
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Agent Sparks

(www.agentsparks.com/)
Old 09-08-2006, 07:39 PM   #1233
Five-ofan
Guru

Has anyone listened to Sandi Thom's Cd? I like the song I wish i was a punk rocker but not sure i want to buy the cd.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:30 AM   #1234
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Now it's HelloGoodbye. (that's a band by the way)
Old 09-09-2006, 01:16 AM   #1235
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Silverchair!! All albums. Been a hardcore fan ever since they started.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:22 AM   #1236
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Peter, Bjorn, and John - Writer's Block
The Roots - Game Theory
Outkast - Idlewild
Band of Horses
I'm From Barcelona - Don't Give Up on Your Dreams, Buddy!

Old 09-11-2006, 03:08 AM   #1237
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Peter, Bjorn, and John - Writer's Block
The Roots - Game Theory
Outkast - Idlewild
Band of Horses
I'm From Barcelona - Don't Give Up on Your Dreams, Buddy!
Game Theory rocks, Not digging Idlewild though...
Old 09-11-2006, 06:27 AM   #1238
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

Steely Dan - Reelin in the years

Old 09-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #1239
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Quote:
Silverchair!! All albums. Been a hardcore fan ever since they started.
Pure Massacre! Pure massaaaaaaaaacreeeeeeeeeeee!

One of their best songs ever, along with Freak
Old 09-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #1240
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In Rare Form is awesome. I finally got around to RJD2 about two months ago (mainly due to Le'Allouette being played in the Jose +10 World Cup commercials), and I'm very glad I did.
The version of "Since We Last Spoke" that I've always listened to (I got from a p2p) has Allouette on it. It also has a song called Holy Toledo that also isn't on the commercial version. I just figured this out after reading your post, and trying to listen to d'alloutte on rhapsody.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here