Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 05-31-2022, 11:37 AM   #81
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
What is so great about Pinson? Seems like the Mavs are pretty high on him.
He's a great personality guy?

Boban seems to make Luka happy too.

They're 14-16 guys on the roster, but I love a good lockerroom guy.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2022, 11:42 AM   #82
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
What is so great about Pinson? Seems like the Mavs are pretty high on him.
He caused 2 turnovers in the playoffs...wearing street clothes. Imagine how many turnovers he could cause I'd he were actually suited up and on the court.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:02 PM   #83
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Bullock and DFS easily covered up the defensive shortcomings of Brunson and Luka...well until those two were super fatigued at the end. But overall, it's really not a big issue. Luka just needs to work on D and be in shape come camp time.

The starting lineup next season is Luka, Brunson, Bullock, DFS, and Powell replacement. You can conjure up all the scenarios you want, but unless Brunson leaves, then that is the lineup. And it got us to the WCF, so results talk and BS walks.

And if you pass on Kessler in the draft because he isn't the next Wilt Chamberlain, then I'm glad you aren't a GM. We don't need a superstar center. Kessler is miles better than Powell talent-wise. My knock on Kessler is that he isn't a great rebounder, but the shot blocking alone is worth the pick. 7'1 guys that block 4 shots a game don't grow on trees.

Problem is there aren't many great center options this summer in the draft or FA. You can try through trade, but it'll cost you an arm and a leg for Myles Turner.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:16 PM   #84
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Bullock and DFS easily covered up the defensive shortcomings of Brunson and Luka...well until those two were super fatigued at the end. But overall, it's really not a big issue. Luka just needs to work on D and be in shape come camp time.

The starting lineup next season is Luka, Brunson, Bullock, DFS, and Powell replacement. You can conjure up all the scenarios you want, but unless Brunson leaves, then that is the lineup. And it got us to the WCF, so results talk and BS walks.

And if you pass on Kessler in the draft because he isn't the next Wilt Chamberlain, then I'm glad you aren't a GM. We don't need a superstar center. Kessler is miles better than Powell talent-wise. My knock on Kessler is that he isn't a great rebounder, but the shot blocking alone is worth the pick. 7'1 guys that block 4 shots a game don't grow on trees.

Problem is there aren't many great center options this summer in the draft or FA. You can try through trade, but it'll cost you an arm and a leg for Myles Turner.
Dfs and Bullock are fine, but we still have the glaring weakness that they can NOT dribble. They can't create anything, at all. It's cool that we have decent wing defenders but we need more from those 2 positions.

Old 05-31-2022, 12:24 PM   #85
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Dfs and Bullock are fine, but we still have the glaring weakness that they can NOT dribble. They can't create anything, at all. It's cool that we have decent wing defenders but we need more from those 2 positions.
Brunson and Dinwiddie fill that role, but I'm fine with drafting or adding another ball handling wing. I don't think that's what some people are talking about though.

I just can't see any left field swings after the KP trade and WCF showing. I don't think it's healthy for the roster to do that either. Our team chemistry is a 10, and that's why you see reports of Pinson and Boban staying.

What won't be acceptable is keeping Powell as the starter, but I'm convinced they know better now. Dear lord, let's hope so...

Old 05-31-2022, 12:36 PM   #86
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Interesting information on Myles Turner

Didn't realize that Turner much like KP in the last 3 years has missed many games. I think he's a solid player but if the Mavs decided that availability was also a key reason why they needed to move on from KP then Turner might raise some red flags.

The more you think about it the safest option and the cheaper option IMO might very well be Mo Bamba

He has gradually improved every year in the league and over the past 3-4 of this season dude really became a force for Orlando. Mavs don't need a big name at Center just an upgrade over fucking Dwight Powell. Bamba avg 10 ppg, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks per game and shot 38% on 3's so you can still run a 5 out offense with him.

I think his game would even elevate more playing with Luka.

That should be the target at Center this offseason and that 26th pick should be used to try and find another playable wing with some length.

Honestly, I'm fine with Dinwiddie being the 6th man but I would try to find a trade partner for THJ just to get out of that contract.

I also think Green and Frank are both still capable of improving their jump shots. They are still both really young and can handle the ball + play defense. They could be two key contributors net year if they get up to 35% shooting from three.

Mavs bench if unable to trade THJ and with improved shooting by Green and Frank could be solid

Kleber
Green
THJ
Frank
Dinwiddie

I'd also look into seeing if Kidd could salvage the career of Dennis Smith Jr. I just think Rick didn't handle that situation very well and he could be a guy who can also attack the rim and play defense off your bench. We could always use a guy who can stay in front of opposing PG's
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:59 PM   #87
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If Kessler and Liddell are available I would probably go with Liddell. But, I wouldn't be unhappy with Kessler.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:22 PM   #88
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Dinwiddie, Kleber, #26

for

OG Anunoby & Khem Birch
Old 05-31-2022, 01:59 PM   #89
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Interesting information on Myles Turner

Didn't realize that Turner much like KP in the last 3 years has missed many games. I think he's a solid player but if the Mavs decided that availability was also a key reason why they needed to move on from KP then Turner might raise some red flags.

The more you think about it the safest option and the cheaper option IMO might very well be Mo Bamba

He has gradually improved every year in the league and over the past 3-4 of this season dude really became a force for Orlando. Mavs don't need a big name at Center just an upgrade over fucking Dwight Powell. Bamba avg 10 ppg, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks per game and shot 38% on 3's so you can still run a 5 out offense with him.

I think his game would even elevate more playing with Luka.

That should be the target at Center this offseason and that 26th pick should be used to try and find another playable wing with some length.

Honestly, I'm fine with Dinwiddie being the 6th man but I would try to find a trade partner for THJ just to get out of that contract.

I also think Green and Frank are both still capable of improving their jump shots. They are still both really young and can handle the ball + play defense. They could be two key contributors net year if they get up to 35% shooting from three.

Mavs bench if unable to trade THJ and with improved shooting by Green and Frank could be solid

Kleber
Green
THJ
Frank
Dinwiddie

I'd also look into seeing if Kidd could salvage the career of Dennis Smith Jr. I just think Rick didn't handle that situation very well and he could be a guy who can also attack the rim and play defense off your bench. We could always use a guy who can stay in front of opposing PG's
Really like Mo Bamba, but how would we realistically get him here? Isn't our cap situation pretty much effed in terms of matching trades?
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 02:00 PM   #90
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Dinwiddie, Kleber, #26

for

OG Anunoby & Khem Birch
Toronto says no, I'd think.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:07 PM   #91
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Bamba on QO for Powell + #26 (I'm not sure Bamba will get a lot of RFA interest and he could be a one-year QO guy with full bird rights next offseason)

What do you all think?
Old 05-31-2022, 04:07 PM   #92
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Resigning/keeping JB + Mo Bamba + a quality (better than JG) type functional wing at #26 would be a good step allowing enhanced big man play plus retaining 5 out capabilities. That plus internal development of Luka, JB and Mo Bamba would potentially make us viable again for the conference title next season.

Last edited by Zeus; 05-31-2022 at 04:08 PM.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 04:09 PM   #93
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Option 2:

THJ, Green, #26
for
Bamba, Ross, #35

Honestly think Bamba provides everything Ayton would (other than playoff experience) for cheaper. I also don't think the Suns are in the mood to trade Ayton to us.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-31-2022 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:16 PM   #94
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Bamba on QO for Powell + #26 (I'm not sure Bamba will get a lot of RFA interest and he could be a one-year QO guy with full bird rights next offseason)

What do you all think?
I like the idea of Bamba if the Mavs could get him.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:27 PM   #95
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Quote:
Option 2:

THJ, Green, #26
for
Bamba, Ross, #35

Honestly think Bamba provides everything Ayton would (other than playoff experience) for cheaper. I also don't think the Suns are in the mood to trade Ayton to us.
At #35 you might be able to get someone like Trevion Williams (Purdue). That would be a shot in the arm (along with Bamba) to improve Mavs rebounding.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:30 PM   #96
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Option 2:

THJ, Green, #26
for
Bamba, Ross, #35

I’d pull the trigger on that deal. I like Bamba and think he would fit well here. Ross has 1 more year on his deal, and we still have a draft pick for Nico to use. I know Green is still young, but I think Frank can fill his role just fine if not better.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 05:20 PM   #97
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Lauren Gunn on twitter threw out THJ for Holmes and Holiday. That makes a lot of sense, but I'm always wondering what they think of THJ.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:03 PM   #98
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Brunson and Dinwiddie fill that role, but I'm fine with drafting or adding another ball handling wing. I don't think that's what some people are talking about though.

I just can't see any left field swings after the KP trade and WCF showing. I don't think it's healthy for the roster to do that either. Our team chemistry is a 10, and that's why you see reports of Pinson and Boban staying.

What won't be acceptable is keeping Powell as the starter, but I'm convinced they know better now. Dear lord, let's hope so...
JB and SD don't fill that role because they aren't both starters who also play defense. You get 2 guys who can't really defend but are multi-tool offensive players, Or you have 2 guys who are decent defensive players but can't do anything aside from catch and shoot.

I agree that DP as a starter is obviously a huge void but imo, core or not, it's a mistake to not pursue moving some pieces around to get a 2 way wing and a center. I'm not saying it's easy or even going to happen but I don't believe you can squeeze much more out of this team build if you just add a solid center.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:08 PM   #99
SMC0007
Guru

No teams give a F about THJ. Whatever you think he is worth to other teams, lower that...by a lot.

Old 05-31-2022, 09:58 PM   #100
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
At #35 you might be able to get someone like Trevion Williams (Purdue). That would be a shot in the arm (along with Bamba) to improve Mavs rebounding.
Trevion is a hell of a passer too. It'd be nice to have Luka/SD/Brunson going outside in and then Trevion going inside out
Old 05-31-2022, 10:01 PM   #101
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
No teams give a F about THJ. Whatever you think he is worth to other teams, lower that...by a lot.
Unless it's the Magic who have a proven track record of being ass

They need scoring. 29th in scoring and THJ is instant offense.

Not saying it's smart, but I don't think Bamba/Ross for THJ/Green while upgrading their high second to a low first is out of the range of possibility.

They get scoring, a prospect, and upgrade their pick by 9 spots for an inefficient guy and a guy who is going to hit free agency.
Old 05-31-2022, 11:35 PM   #102
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I’d pull the trigger on that deal. I like Bamba and think he would fit well here. Ross has 1 more year on his deal, and we still have a draft pick for Nico to use. I know Green is still young, but I think Frank can fill his role just fine if not better.
We need to quit with the Josh Green is young narrative. Go to Hoop Hype and they have a listing of 40 players all rated much higher than Josh that were born the year before Josh 1999 to 2022 (2 calendar years after Josh who was born in 2020). That is at least 40 players that are contemporaries of Josh. He is not a unicorn in terms of age for gods sake.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-global-rating-age/

As a reminder Luka, Saddiq, Jordan Poole, Ja et al were born the year before Josh. His is not a teenager.

Bottom line: The thought that Josh hasn't developed or played much because he is young is mixing up correlation with causation. He doesn't play because he is not good. It is not the other way around.

Last edited by Zeus; 06-01-2022 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-01-2022, 12:09 AM   #103
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
We need to quit with the Josh Green is young narrative. Go to Hoop Hype and they have a listing of 40 players all rated much higher than Josh that were born the year before Josh 1999 to 2022 (2 calendar years after Josh who was born in 2020). That is at least 40 players that are contemporaries of Josh. He is not a unicorn in terms of age for gods sake.

As a reminder Luka, Saddiq, Jordan Poole, Ja et al were born the year before Josh. His is not a teenager.

Bottom line: The thought that Josh hasn't developed or played much because he is young is mixing up correlation with causation. He doesn't play because he is not good. It is not the other way around.
Bingo. Some people still cling onto Green because of how bad that draft was for us, so I can't really blame them. He and Powell suffer from plays well against bad teams syndrome. And then we all get a glimmer of hope only to be let down when it really matters.

I mean, I'd keep Green over Powell, but it makes more sense to move him for someone more polished if possible.

Old 06-01-2022, 05:19 AM   #104
scrambol

scrambol will become famous soon enoughscrambol will become famous soon enough

Jakob Poeltl is a rebounder and rim protector who can score a little. What does Dallas give to get him?
scrambol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 08:00 AM   #105
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That’s great and all, but Josh is 21 years old. He’s still young. I won’t argue that he’s not good.
Old 06-02-2022, 12:25 AM   #106
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
For context how tall are you?
About 6'5".
Old 06-02-2022, 05:21 AM   #107
Zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
About 6'5".
Geez, perhaps the Mavs could sign you for the their MLE.
Old 06-02-2022, 09:13 AM   #108
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambol View Post
Jakob Poeltl is a rebounder and rim protector who can score a little. What does Dallas give to get him?
He?ll be an UFA next season. Spurs love him and he?s part of their resurgence that pushed toward the playoffs. Not sure they?d trade him and we don?t exactly have the assets to make a trade deal they?d be stupid to decline.
Old 06-02-2022, 12:51 PM   #109
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

The Dalton Trigg trade proposal...THJ, Powell, Green, 26 for Holmes and Barnes.

Don't see Sacramento doing that.

Old 06-02-2022, 01:20 PM   #110
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
The Dalton Trigg trade proposal...THJ, Powell, Green, 26 for Holmes and Barnes.

Don't see Sacramento doing that.
They want to dump Holmes after his domestic violence so I could see it.

Barnes isn't getting them anywhere

I'm not sure if either team says yes
Old 06-02-2022, 01:29 PM   #111
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
They want to dump Holmes after his domestic violence so I could see it.

Barnes isn't getting them anywhere

I'm not sure if either team says yes
Holmes just got granted full custody of their son, so I think the DV accusations can be put to bed. He is more likely to be traded as he was replaced by Sabonis in the starting lineup and likely has requested out.
Old 06-02-2022, 01:58 PM   #112
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I think we can get Holmes, but Barnes is going to have a few suitors.

Old 06-02-2022, 03:10 PM   #113
BPo001
Diamond Member

The Knicks are finalizing a contract with Rick Brunson, the father of Jalen Brunson, to become an assistant coach on Tom Thibodeau?s staff, SNY has learned. Brunson, a nine-year NBA veteran, has been an assistant coach under Thibodeau in Chicago and Minnesota. The deal is expected to be finalized in the coming days, per people familiar with the matter. The 49-year-old fills a spot on the Knicks bench created when former assistant Kenny Payne left to become head coach at the University of Louisville. ? via SportsNet New York
Old 06-02-2022, 03:28 PM   #114
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
The Knicks are finalizing a contract with Rick Brunson, the father of Jalen Brunson, to become an assistant coach on Tom Thibodeau?s staff, SNY has learned. Brunson, a nine-year NBA veteran, has been an assistant coach under Thibodeau in Chicago and Minnesota. The deal is expected to be finalized in the coming days, per people familiar with the matter. The 49-year-old fills a spot on the Knicks bench created when former assistant Kenny Payne left to become head coach at the University of Louisville. ? via SportsNet New York

Old 06-03-2022, 06:39 PM   #115
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

So Jalen is going to the Knicks now?
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 08:58 AM   #116
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
So Jalen is going to the Knicks now?
I think Jalen?s dad worked under Thibs before, so I don?t know that I?d read too much into it. End of the day I think JB remains in Dallas.
Old 06-04-2022, 11:23 AM   #117
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Mavs lost assistant coach Igor to the Nets. Kinda weird that the Mavs didn't try harder to keep him. Wonder who the replacement will be.

Old 06-04-2022, 07:26 PM   #118
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Mavs lost assistant coach Igor to the Nets. Kinda weird that the Mavs didn't try harder to keep him. Wonder who the replacement will be.
I think I saw earlier on Reddit (I could be wrong on that) that there was a picture of a Charlotte assistant at the airport heading to DFW. Could just be a coincidence though.

Edit: James Borrego was the coach

Last edited by BPo001; 06-05-2022 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-04-2022, 08:54 PM   #119
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I think I saw earlier on Reddit (I could be wrong on that) that there was a picture of a Charlotte assistant at the airport heading to DFW. Could just be a coincidence though.
If Stotts doesn't get the Charlotte job, then I'd like to have him back.

Old 06-04-2022, 11:04 PM   #120
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:

Yep! Especially agree on Kessler...seems like a great fit. When you pick late in the first round in the NBA draft, you are getting 5th or 6th tier guys...they're all going to have weaknesses. His seem ok given what we need, and his plusses are what we REALLY need. He's big enough, think his rebounding can improve---it's mostly want to.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote