Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I hope Dirk's new look also shows up with a new attitude. For the record, I like the new look...the hair makes him look like a street baller with attitude.

I'm starting to get the gut feeling that this Mavs team is about to surprise the NBA world!!!

I've been down on them the past couple of years...but I think the hangover from 07' might finally be gone, and this years team will be defined by a whol new way of playing.

Dirk, could play at an MVP level for 09', but will not get the MVP vote because of what happened last time...however, this years Mavs will make a very deep run, even perhaps their first Championship trophy!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
..but I think the hangover from 07' might finally be gone,
I think this is an interesting comment and I pretty much agree with it. It's one of the things I have liked about getting jkiddo in here. Obviously jason isn't the atheletic guy that devin was, but I do believe the mavs needed a very strong point guard leader type. And jkiddo values the things that are needed here, defense, rebounding, durability and teamwork.

I do wish he were more of a threat but they obviously look up to him a lot. I thought that last years team showed quite a bit of grit that I hadn't seen in a while. Hopefully it will continue with the additional talent influx.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Mavs like to set up him at the top of the key and have him either go one-on-one or kick out to a shooter if a double-team arrives, leaving defenses with a conundrum, given the difficulty of double-teaming in the middle of the floor. Last season it was a bit easier to guard since Dallas played so many non-scorers around him, but their revamped roster this season could make Nowitzki's life much easier.
The key in 2 sentences...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to allthurst0509 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I think this is an interesting comment and I pretty much agree with it. It's one of the things I have liked about getting jkiddo in here. Obviously jason isn't the atheletic guy that devin was, but I do believe the mavs needed a very strong point guard leader type. And jkiddo values the things that are needed here, defense, rebounding, durability and teamwork.

I do wish he were more of a threat but they obviously look up to him a lot. I thought that last years team showed quite a bit of grit that I hadn't seen in a while. Hopefully it will continue with the additional talent influx.
Amen, and IMO, all early signs point to it continuing. Monday's game versus Orlando was such an encouragement to me simply because the players were out there hustling and competing with intensity. And this is only the preseason!
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, playoff clutch, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, top-10 all time scorer, top-6 all time scorer