Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #11
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Hope this is just your ideal rotation. Because you're clinically insane if you think RC will completely remove JJB from the rotation if we get Martin. Marion won't be playing 32 minutes to Butler's 20, either. Quote me now, you can bank on all three of those not happening.

If we did acquire Martin, Marion should definitely start. I think Marion should start now, honestly. Though it's not as big an issue with the way Caron has been playing as of late. Even if we get Martin, I find it highly unlikely that RC starts Marion over Butler.
I know it's fun to hate on Carlisle for playing JJB, but whose minutes do you think JJB is going to eat into? We've already got a logjam at SF, and I'm darn near positive that he's not going to take Kidd's or Terry's minutes below 30 minutes a game. So if you trade for Martin, I'm not sure who JJB will be taking minutes from. If you give Martin, Kidd, and Terry roughly 30 minutes a piece at the two guard spots, that leaves maybe 6 minutes max for JJB. That's not really a rotation player.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
return of the quack!