Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default Golden State Good Draft

Like i have said, watch out for a guy you have never heard of, i said it draft night and a player Don Nelson is going to fall in love with. Not two years from now but the very next season you will hear is name and often as he will fill it full, if Nelson gives him time. His name is Marco Belinelli. His first game stats are...

pos min fgm-a 3pm -a ftm-a off def tot ast pf st to bs pts
M.Belinelli F 40:00 14-20 5-7 4-6 2 3 5 2 3 1 4 0 37

This guy can really shoot but also he can really jump. He was picked in a perfect system. He would have shinned either at GS or Phx. He should get alot of time next season and prime time.

Another guard they have that can score that is 6'5" guard is Kelenna Azubuike and he had 29 points. I am surprised he hasn't got more nba time as he could really score in college and i think he will make it and be help to GS also.

The guy we had, named Josh Powell just sux, and he can't make a team much longer. He was lucky when we signed him and then he got a year in Ind because he is way to soft and just isn't good. He will be cut by GS. He was 2 for 10 but he doesn't do much of anything good.

I also really like Brandan Wright but he did not get to play yesterday. Pierre Pierce had 21 for GS and another guard. I really feel GS had a great draft and got rid of Richardson was good and a great move and for what they got. Matt Barnes really played good off the bench. If i was GS, i would get him back. One player they must address, if they lose him it could hurt some and his name is Stephen Jackson. He is really good but also really a hot head. He is one that does what it takes to win, a 3, a ft, a rebound, great defense or just whatever he will do it. If they can put up with his hot headed techs and his temper, i would keep him. No, i do not think they can win a title with run and gun, nor do i think Phx can but both should make the playoffs and be very excitting. Both teams can't slow Tim Duncan down. If either team get's Garnett, i give them a shot at the Spurs because now they will score down low on anybody also. The west will be excitting again next year. It is talks of GS wanting Darko or a good defensive center. They are an all out offensive team but they know in the playoffs, they have to have a defensive center to advance against most teams. A guy like Magloire or Darko could help them in the playoffs.

Anthony Roberson had a good game for the Hornets and he was another FL player. Hilton Armstrong did ok.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

B Wright is likely out for the summer.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Is Wright hurt?
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
esefko@dallasnews.com

LAS VEGAS – Some hook-ups are meant to be and how can you not like the combination of Nellie and Belinelli.

It goes beyond the name game. Golden State coach Don Nelson has found himself a keeper in Italian Marco Belinelli, who poured in 37 points in the Warriors' summer-league opener Saturday with a dazzling array of jumpers and slashes to the bucket. The 6-5 21 year old caught the Warriors' eyes early in the evaluation process and they took him with the 16th overall pick.

"He's going to be really good," Nelson said. "He didn't even really show any of his moves."

With the departure of Jason Richardson, who was traded to Charlotte for rookie Brandan Wright, the Warriors will have an opening in their starting lineup at shooting guard. Belinelli appears to have the tools to grow into that spot.

He was the star of Day 2 at the NBA Summer League as the Warriors beat New Orleans, 110-102.

Joining the Warriors, who eliminated the Mavericks in the first round of the playoffs with a combination of athleticism and hot shooting, would seem to be a perfect fit for Belinelli, who looks like Brent Barry physically but plays much differently.

With Nelson, he will be given some rope when it comes to shot selection and the growing pains that young players typically go through.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote