Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-31-2006, 04:42 AM   #1
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all
Default Tights squeezed....

League would amend uniform code to ban tights

Updated: March 30, 2006, 6:30 PM ET

By Darren Rovell and Marc Stein

ESPN.com

After instituting a "business casual" dress code and cracking down on the length of uniform shorts, the NBA has identified its next fashion crusade.

League and team sources have told ESPN.com that the NBA, starting next season, intends to ban the tights sported at various points this season by several players, including three MVP candidates: Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

Although NBA officials are not publicly commenting on the issue, sources say that the league simply does not like the look of players wearing visible hose. It's believed that the league office, which already has regulations in place to curtail short lengths, can unilaterally outlaw tights by simply amending its uniform code before the 2006-07 season.

Sources say that the NBA informed its 30 teams at last month's competition committee meeting in Houston that tights would be banned immediately after All-Star Weekend. But the league wound up holding off on that ban, perhaps to avoid a new controversy after the initial furor sparked by the off-court dress code faded quickly and quietly.

Players who wish to wear tights are required to send the league a written request from a team doctor detailing a "medical need" for the leggings. That's because the league, according to sources, believes that some players are merely wearing them because they like the look.

Yet there are numerous players who insist that wearing full-length spandex under their uniform shorts keeps limbs warmer and looser than anything seen previously in the NBA. Dallas Mavericks swingman Jerry Stackhouse is widely seen as the pioneer of this practice, relying on a pair of runners' tights throughout last season's playoffs to combat a longstanding groin injury.

"I'm a 100-percent advocate," Stackhouse said.

That's why the 11-year veteran felt compelled to call NBA vice president Stu Jackson directly after learning of the forthcoming ban upon returning from the All-Star break. Stackhouse bristles at the notion that he's merely trying to be fashionable, pointing out that he has worn tights to every behind-closed-doors practice and shootaround until expectedly shedding them in Dallas' past three games.

"I've had a couple groin injuries and they help me get comfortable," Stackhouse said. "I wear thigh sleeves, too, and the tights also help keep them from sliding down my legs. They just hold everything together.

"When I talked to Stu, he was sympathetic. They don't want to be the ones causing guys to get hurt. But I don't know what the end result is going to be. I get the feeling they think it's some fashion statement or culture statement. It's really not. I'm just trying to take every preventative measure that I can."

Said Mavericks team physician T.O Souryal: "The tights provide compression. Compressed muscles fire efficiently, especially if injured. Players with muscle strains benefit from the improved circulation and support."

The sight of tights on an NBA player has inevitably been mocked by some -- Denver's Marcus Camby chastised peers for wearing "pantyhose" -- but became more commonplace this season after Bryant unveiled his leggings in November. James wore them briefly as well in January after injuring his knee, but the Cleveland star hasn't been seen in spandex for more than 25 games ... in part because he grew weary of answering so many questions about them. Bryant has since decided to play tights-free in the Los Angeles Lakers' past five games.

But Wade still wears them in Miami and so does New Jersey's Vince Carter. The team most devoted to the concept is Milwaukee, with five everyday tights-wearers after Joe Smith tried them first: Andrew Bogut, Toni Kukoc, Michael Redd and Maurice Williams in addition to Smith.

Bogut recently told the Associated Press: "I don't like how it looks, but I don't play basketball for looks."

Smith told the AP: "It's something to keep you warm. It keeps my knee from swelling up, keeps some tightness around it so it won't blow up on me when I'm out there. It's meant a lot to me."

More than five percent of the league's players have worn tights at some stage during the season, including five of its top 10 leading scorers. At least eight players that have worn tights this year -- including Bryant, James, Redd and Carter -- are Nike-sponsored athletes, and the shoe giant now sells a "pro basic" pair of tights for $35 and a "pro thermal" pair for $50.

Stackhouse, though, supplies his own tights and has been since he came up with the idea almost a year ago.

"If they ban 'em," Stackhouse said, "I'll find something else."

Tight wearers

The following NBA players have been spotted wearing tights this season:

• Ray Allen, Seattle
• Andrew Bogut, Milwaukee
• Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers
• Vince Carter, New Jersey
• Eddy Curry, New York
• Samuel Dalembert, Philadelphia
• Allen Iverson, Philadelphia
• LeBron James, Cleveland
• Toni Kukoc, Milwaukee
• Rashad McCants, Minnesota
• Michael Redd, Milwaukee
• Joe Smith, Milwaukee
• Jerry Stackhouse, Dallas
• Nick Van Exel, San Antonio
• Dwyane Wade, Miami
• Chris Webber, Philadelphia
• Bonzi Wells, Sacramento
• Jason Williams, Miami
• Mo Williams, Milwaukee

-- Paul Lukas, ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2390599

Ridiculous...

Last edited by shaw-xx; 03-31-2006 at 04:46 AM.
shaw-xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2006, 04:45 AM   #2
wescx

wescx will become famous soon enoughwescx will become famous soon enough

Seems silly - but there is no question that these should be illegal.

Last edited by wescx; 03-31-2006 at 04:45 AM.
wescx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:05 AM   #3
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

complete B.S. move if you ask me

who exactly in the NBA "big shots" office is getting their rocks off to this sort of conformity? what the F*** is the point?

seriously. annoying as f.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:03 AM   #4
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

I always believe that tights are worn for comfort and injuries, not for fashion. BS call by the league.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:38 AM   #5
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Milwaukee looks like the undisputed league leader in shorts--with no less than five players wearing them.

I suspect these guys just want to leave the arena afterwards without bothering to shower, and the tights are to keep them warm in frigid Milwaukee--those winds off the lake can be brutal.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:54 AM   #6
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

I have no problem with someone wearing them for injury purposes, so as the league will mandate, a doctors note. That will be fine with me.
And about the conformity thing, that is what a team is all about. You all wear the same uniform, uniform meaning you all look alike. They can't just wear whatever the hell they want to out there. But again, I have no problem if it is an injury thing. I don't want it getting to the point where it is fashion and everyone wears them.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:23 AM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Why not just let them wear pants? Then nobody will know what's under there.

I wonder if knee-high socks are the next to go. Or maybe headbands.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:53 AM   #8
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I find wristbands highly offensive. And don't get me started on the multicolored sneakers.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:01 PM   #9
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

just a question, but why after what, 50 years and more, all of a sudden, players have to wear tights for injuries and to keep "warm". Did they all forget how to strech and warm up before a game or something.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:02 PM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I wonder if knee-high socks are the next to go.
This is for sure...Cubes even had a blog entry on it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:41 PM   #11
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't like the tatoos. Maybe they can instigate fines whenever a tatooed person gets on the court.

And hair past the forehead. Look out Nash, Kaman, etc.... they are coming for you....
Old 03-31-2006, 12:42 PM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

One last thing.... This would be like if the NFL instigated fines for the fun-to-watch creative end zone celebrations. I mean, they are fun to watch and all so why would they curtail them? I doubt that would ever happen.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:32 PM   #13
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

And...just so there's no confusion :

queer
adj. queer·er, queer·est

(1) Deviating from the expected or normal; strange: a queer situation.
(2) Odd or unconventional, as in behavior; eccentric. See Synonyms at strange.
(3) Of a questionable nature or character; suspicious.

Last edited by orangedays; 03-31-2006 at 01:36 PM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:02 PM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I really don't like the tatoos. Maybe they can instigate fines whenever a tatooed person gets on the court.

And hair past the forehead. Look out Nash, Kaman, etc.... they are coming for you....
I dont even like the shaved head look. I think all NBA players should have a Mullin/military buzzed flattop
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:07 PM   #15
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Please answer this, Why do they wear the tights?

I am going somewhere with this..
Old 03-31-2006, 02:17 PM   #16
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
I dont even like the shaved head look. I think all NBA players should have a Mullin/military buzzed flattop
I found something called an "NBA mullet":

Does that do anything for you?

Link - hilarious.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:43 PM   #17
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

sixeight, would you shut up already?
Old 03-31-2006, 02:50 PM   #18
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Everbody is on here bitching about the league mandating "this sort of conformity" (by Wraith). Tights are for injuries. plain and simple that is what they are for. They are not for fashion, and fashion should never come before the game. If the players wear them for injuries, then "Players who wish to wear tights are required to send the league a written request from a team doctor detailing a "medical need" for the leggings." It is that easy. Get your team doctor to write a note. They are not being effing banned from basketball. Hell, why don't we just let them wear hats,. or wear bling, or wear pants, or wear work boots, or wear whatever the f they want to. If you got an injury, then prove it and you can wear the tights. If not, then shut the f up and wear shorts, just like you ahve done your whole life.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:28 PM   #19
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Players who wish to wear tights are required to send the league a written request from a team doctor detailing a "medical need" for the leggings. That's because the league, according to sources, believes that some players are merely wearing them because they like the look.

keeps limbs warmer and looser than anything seen previously in the NBA. Dallas Mavericks swingman Jerry Stackhouse is widely seen as the pioneer of this practice, relying on a pair of runners' tights throughout last season's playoffs to combat a longstanding groin injury.

That's why the 11-year veteran felt compelled to call NBA vice president Stu Jackson directly after learning of the forthcoming ban upon returning from the All-Star break. Stackhouse bristles at the notion that he's merely trying to be fashionable, pointing out that he has worn tights to every behind-closed-doors practice and shootaround until expectedly shedding them in Dallas' past three games.

"I've had a couple groin injuries and they help me get comfortable," Stackhouse said. "I wear thigh sleeves, too, and the tights also help keep them from sliding down my legs. They just hold everything together.

"When I talked to Stu, he was sympathetic. They don't want to be the ones causing guys to get hurt. But I don't know what the end result is going to be. I get the feeling they think it's some fashion statement or culture statement. It's really not. I'm just trying to take every preventative measure that I can."

Said Mavericks team physician T.O Souryal: "The tights provide compression. Compressed muscles fire efficiently, especially if injured. Players with muscle strains benefit from the improved circulation and support."
The sight of tights on an NBA player has inevitably been mocked by some -- Denver's Marcus Camby chastised peers for wearing "pantyhose"
. James wore them briefly as well in January after injuring his knee, but the Cleveland star hasn't been seen in spandex for more than 25 games ... in part because he grew weary of answering so many questions about them. Bryant has since decided to play tights-free in the Los Angeles Lakers' past five games.
Bogut recently told the Associated Press: "I don't like how it looks, but I don't play basketball for looks."

Smith told the AP: "It's something to keep you warm. It keeps my knee from swelling up, keeps some tightness around it so it won't blow up on me when I'm out there. It's meant a lot to me."

"If they ban 'em," Stackhouse said, "I'll find something else." [quote]

Her are some main points from the article.
So in essence, it is not a fashion thing. It is for injuries and to keep limbs warm. So there should be no problem for those that need to wear them.
Quit Bitching.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:26 PM   #20
WraithXx
Diamond Member

you're the only one doing the bitching, bitch

and you're posting articles and highlighting points (which didn't even turn out right) and formulating essays on this subject as if you're somebody special

your opinion is meaningless (so is mine), so spare us the trouble of having to hear it THAT much
Old 03-31-2006, 05:40 PM   #21
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I don't give a crude. But the sports dudes really care about uniforms.

They probably should just wear flesh-colored panty hose.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-31-2006, 06:04 PM   #22
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
To be honest I don't give a crude. But the sports dudes really care about uniforms.

They probably should just wear flesh-colored panty hose.
I'm actually a strong advocate of the league mandating cheerleaders to wear nothing.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:03 PM   #23
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
I'm actually a strong advocate of the league mandating cheerleaders to wear nothing.
Hoo Rah!!...Dang it, I couldn't give you any more +rep!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:16 PM   #24
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree. The league just hasn't seemed the same ever since we lost Eric Montross and his amazing table-top fade...

Old 03-31-2006, 07:19 PM   #25
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree. The league just hasn't seemed the same ever since we lost Eric Montross and his amazing table-top fade, and Big Country always made that look work for him as well...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 03-31-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:13 PM   #26
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

All I am saying is that if they need to wear them for injuries or to keep them warm to prevent injury, by all means, wear them.. But not for fashion statements. althogh I don't know why they would wear them for the fashion, Kinda gay to me.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:14 PM   #27
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
All I am saying is that if they need to wear them for injuries or to keep them warm to prevent injury, by all means, wear them.. But not for fashion statements. althogh I don't know why they would wear them for the fashion, Kinda gay to me.
Yeah, only a few players can pull off that look heheh

but hey, that rule they're about to implement about not being able to wear knee-high socks ala Jason Terry, KVH, etc...

that's hideously retarded and I see no reason for them to make that into a rule. even Mark Cuban (of course) was baffled by that
Old 03-31-2006, 08:44 PM   #28
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
Yeah, only a few players can pull off that look heheh

but hey, that rule they're about to implement about not being able to wear knee-high socks ala Jason Terry, KVH, etc...
that's hideously retarded and I see no reason for them to make that into a rule. even Mark Cuban (of course) was baffled by that
that wasn't in the article. I think someone just said that. But if that is true, then yes I agree with you. I didn't see that anywhere.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:45 PM   #29
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
that wasn't in the article. I think someone just said that. But if that is true, then yes I agree with you. I didn't see that anywhere.
it's straight out of Mark Cuban's blog in an entry back in February I believe.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:57 PM   #30
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if they could in a sportsjacket and at least a nice pair of jeans? Might be more palatable to the corporate sponsorship set.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:07 PM   #31
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wonder if they could in a sportsjacket and at least a nice pair of jeans? Might be more palatable to the corporate sponsorship set.
I like it.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:51 AM   #32
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Is this an April fool's joke?
Old 04-02-2006, 12:10 PM   #33
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays

And...just so there's no confusion :

queer
adj. queer·er, queer·est

(1) Deviating from the expected or normal; strange: a queer situation.
(2) Odd or unconventional, as in behavior; eccentric. See Synonyms at strange.
(3) Of a questionable nature or character; suspicious.
ORANGEDAYS...where in the hell are you getting all these sweet pictures? And i think the tights shoul be legal..who gives a crap...its not like they are performance enhancing steroids.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:12 PM   #34
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why not just let them wear pants? Then nobody will know what's under there.

I wonder if knee-high socks are the next to go. Or maybe headbands.
I'm wearing a pair right now.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:38 PM   #35
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
ORANGEDAYS...where in the hell are you getting all these sweet pictures? And i think the tights shoul be legal..who gives a crap...its not like they are performance enhancing steroids.
Google

It's the best...

Last edited by orangedays; 04-02-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:42 PM   #36
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

The tights don't seem to make Brickhouse a better player, so this isn't a big deal.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:28 PM   #37
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

they seriously can't ban knee-socks tho. those are the shiznat

i think nick van exel would retire immediately. or his lower legs might shrivel up
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:03 PM   #38
MavsX
Diamond Member

hahahahaha