Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-31-2006, 10:23 PM   #1
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default Magic/Mavs Thoughts

I'm not trying to be negative because I'm not sure how much it matters anyway, but I think we can safely assume that the #1 seed is probably gone. More importantly, this team needs to get healthy and get functioning together once again.

It was great to see Josh back tonight. It seemed pretty obvious to me that he wasn't in the flow of things. That's to be expected after missing time. The good news is that he was able to move pretty well. I also think that one of the biggest hurdles is convincing yourself mentally that you can play again. I hope that Josh was able to do that tonight. I thought it was good to see Avery monitor his minutes too. There's no reason to push him too hard right now.

This game was lost on the defensive end of the floor. The Magic shot 60% for most of the game.

Beyond that, the Mavs hurt themselves with some poor execution in crunch time. They made a great run to get back in the game after being down 18 to start the final period. But when you are trying to climb such a high mountain you have to be almost perfect. Dallas wasn't. There were some calls that didn't help matters much either, and in the end, it was just too much to overcome. Dallas can't blame anyone but themselves though.

I thought Gana Diop played a nice game tonight. He was very active. He had 4 blocked shots, and he had a couple of nice overplays that turned into steals.

Dampier, however, disappointed me. I had hoped that Erick would be able to be a strong physical presence against the Magic. Instead, Damp seemed a step slow most of the night.

Dirk Nowitzki was the only reason this game was even half way respectable. I honestly can't imagine where the team would have been without him. He was the only offense for most of the night. His 38-15-4 night was monstrous. I thought Dirk looked very frustrated for most of the night. He certainly doesn't like to lose. By the end of the game, I thought Dirk was noticeably drained though. He looked worn out...and he should be.

Keith Van Horn hasn't supplied much since his nice game against the Pistons. I'm sure he's still trying to work his own way back into the lineup, but it is frustrating to see a great game followed up by several poor ones. It just makes you think and believe that he could do better.

I liked what Josh Powell brought to the team tonight. Powell played hard, and I liked his defense.

It's unfortunate that as soon as Josh steps back into the lineup that Marquis leaves. Perhaps Daniels has been fighting through his neck problem for as long as he possibly can. At the same time, I just wish he could stay healthy and help this team.

Jerry Stackhouse was solid tonight. I think Stack played the kind of game most have come to expect from him. He played very hard, was willing to fight anyone who stood in his way, scored some points, and had a couple of turnovers. I do feel like Stack is missed coming off the bench. That boost is sorely needed right now.

Rawle Marshall, we never heard of you. I would have liked to have seen a little more of him.

Darrell Armstrong also did his thing. He brought energy, played hard, and it wasn't quite enough to overcome his own shortcomings. DA just isn't a threat on offense, and it shows.

Jason Terry has been playing very good basketball, statistically. So why is it that I have been frustrated with JT lately? I think Terry's own shortcomings have been magnified lately. The Mavs offense has been stuttering a little much lately. They are getting into their offense late, and Terry is one of the biggest culprits. His scoring and shooting has been fine, but I feel like Harris coming back will really help Terry and this team.

It's hard to be that upset about these recent losses. In a perfect world, this team would have finished with the top seed, and Dirk would have been the obvious MVP. But it's understandable to me that there have been problems. I challenge anyone to find a team that has missed 50 man games in a month (all to key players) and still played at championship level.

The thing that has frustrated me more are some of the silly plays and the lack of intelligent basketball during these times. There's no excuse for letting a team constantly get into the lane for layups, while still giving up wide open jumpers. Shooting 6-26 from 3 isn't going to help your cause much either. I wish some more of those shots had been going toward the basket.

More than anything, I think this team is just worn out. I think they are drained physically from the extra minutes, but I think they are drained more emotionally from the long grind.

The best news is that I don't really think any of this matters once the playoffs start. Everyone always says that you need to go into the playoffs on a roll. Well, guess what? Dallas finished 18-2 last season and lost the first two games of the playoffs AT HOME. When the playoffs start, all that will matter is who has the players, and who is going to execute. Let's hope that is our Mavs team.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2006, 11:14 PM   #2
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs are doomed. It just isn't in the cards.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:08 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well crap...Guess I'd better give away my tickets, what's the point?

cant' be done, no matter what, it's over I guess. Oh woe is me.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:20 AM   #4
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Yea i'm hard on the Mavs as the next guy but its too early. Anything can happen at this point. AJ has 9 games to get this team back into playing shape. Its not much time but AJ can do it. I expected Josh to be a step slow tonight. I'd give him 2 or 3 games to get back into playing form. At this point AJ needs to just get this team playing their basketball again. Forget the #1 seed. If we can snag the next game we have against the Spurs we may have a chance at it but at this point get this team playing ball again. IMO, this team hasn't been the same since the All Star Break. Even then they were getting down by teams and having to come back to take the game. They were getting the wins so it was hard to complain but now its game time. Its time to go up from here on out. I hope that's the encouragment that AJ gave his players. Just wipe out what happened tonight and the past week for that matter and just start fresh. We got our #2 back. Its gametime.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:23 AM   #5
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394

Could anything at all--and I mean AT ALL--happen that would make you give away your tickets?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:24 AM   #6
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I really am just plain disgusted with the team right now. There's no other word to describe how I feel. I'm displeased with AJ most of all.

I expect Stackhouse to screw up, he just has a low basketball IQ and he can't help that. But for AJ to leave him in the game so long when he was stinking it up, whilst Josh Howard, whom we've missed most of all is sitting right there in uniform is indefensible.

9-8 in the month of march. Inexcusible.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 04-01-2006 at 12:24 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:24 AM   #7
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

The only way i'd give away my tickets is if we meet the Suns in the Conference Finals and Nash averages 40 points and 10+ assist against us lol. I'd probably give up being a Maverick fan lol.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:27 AM   #8
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

(This message was left blank)

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 04-01-2006 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:30 AM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

It's more than a little ironic that if the Mavs are in trouble it's their backcourt that got 'em there. Used to be we worried so much about the frontcourt.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #10
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

I know Nash is a sensitive topic on this site but honestly who's the worse defender? Nash or JET? What hurts is that Terry actually has the build to atleast be able to disrupt passing lanes with his long arms. He's worthless on defense and I don't seem to remember him always being this bad.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:41 AM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

Oh...my...goodness... Terry is WAY worse than Nash on defense. Nash doesn't have size or strength, but he does have footwork. Nash can at least stay in *position* to play defense.

The problem with Terry is his footwork. He has terribly slow feet. He is almost never in position to defend his man.

It pains me, because I stuck my neck out on a limb when Terry sold pussy in Game Six against the Suns last year. I thought he had a reasonable motive to look for the pick-and-roll, as much time as the Suns had left on the clock. But after watching that big red carpet he rolled out for Jason Richardson in a similar situation, I'm now convinced that he simply doesn't have a defensive bone in his body.

Again...kinda ironic, when you think about it.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:27 AM   #12
shaw-xx
Golden Member

shaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to allshaw-xx is a name known to all

Now Josh is back. The excuse for me to explain the weak defensive performance is left to only Grif and Devin. I don't know what's happened to the team. They've happened not to be able to execute anything on the court. The Suns scored 140 points in regular time though I could still laugh at the 126 points they gave up. It's sad because the Suns at least won with their great offense. I'm glad that Avery said the Magic's PG killed us and I wish he also said we were lack of the PG pushing. One or two players lead in scoring but the offense hasn't been involved in the right way all season long. I'm very disappointed. I thought we could've stopped the losing streak quickly because the frustrated and angry moods were able to give you a bounce-back win as they did all season long. But they bounced back neither in Cleveland nor in Orlando. Even I try not to care the three losses in a row and the far away No. 1 seed, I can't not worry about the POs. If they can't find the rhythm that helps them win a lot games and excute the plays, this year's POs will be as short-term as the year before last year, I mean the early going home from Sacto. I don't want to be pathetic but couldn't help. They lost to the Pistons but I could feel proud; they lost to the Cavs and I was faint but still believed they wouldn't allow another loss. Right now, I'm a brittle fan who wants to screw up my courage but hasn't found the pivot. Or maybe my support as a fan is the pivot? Get back on the track, Mavs.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:32 AM   #13
chumdawg
Guru

The Mavs are terrible on defense. I mean terrible!
Old 04-01-2006, 02:43 AM   #14
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
The Mavs are terrible on defense. I mean terrible!
In less than two weeks time, the Mavs are risking to lose their season long built rep as a now more defense minded ball club. WHAT'S UP WITH THE FRIGGING D??

Dirk is risking his healthy ass for the playoffs with barely noone else stepping up to the task. Mavs lost now 5 out of 7. That's alarming with the playoffs just a couple of weeks away.

To top it all, I "lost" EUR 500 net because of the Mavs' big fat L.

NJ delivered, Chicago delivered, Sacto delivered and the Phx/Tor game was way above the over.

Screw the 1st seed, get healthy and start to play some serious ball again. Back to the playoffs' core business: DEFENSE!

Last edited by digit; 04-01-2006 at 02:44 AM.
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:53 AM   #15
chumdawg
Guru

The Mavs are turr-bull.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:57 AM   #16
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

digit did you know that coming into tonights game the Mavs had lost 13 of their last 16 in Orlando? I'm not a betting man but maybe you should have held of on this one.

On another note, we won't be the last team that Jameer Nelson lights up...as far as I'm concerned, he's the second coming of Tim Hardaway. I had him rated as a top five pick a couple of years ago. That was before the GM's in all their wisdom decided that he was too short and he went to college for too long to be any good.

Last edited by dirno2000; 04-01-2006 at 02:57 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:50 AM   #17
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Yea I was sort of high on Jameer Nelson too. When he fell to the Nuggets I was like damn that bench is just getting deeper than they dealt him to Orlando which ended up being the perfect situation for him. Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson. Not a bad draft.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:47 AM   #18
kriD
Platinum Member

kriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to allkriD is a name known to all

Mavs swear off this road trip

By DWAIN PRICE
STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Mavericks coach Avery Johnson punctuated the end of a frustrating road trip Friday with a profanity-laced outburst that was overheard in the team's locker room.

After the Mavs suffered their third straight loss, falling to the Orlando Magic 108-99, media members were interviewing guard Jerry Stackhouse when Johnson was heard, behind closed doors, shouting a string of expletive-laced words.

Asked on his way to the team bus about his outburst, Johnson said: "No comment."

Johnson's blowup was the culmination of a 1-3 road trip for the Mavs, including losing three in a row for the first time since Johnson became the team's coach late last season.

The outburst by Johnson appeared to shock the players who were in the locker room at the time.

"He's got a good team, and when you see your team not playing as well as it should be, everybody's sick right now," said point guard Jason Terry, who scored 23 points. "Not just him. We're all in this together. We've got to end this right now."

Dirk Nowitzki, who finished with 38 points and 15 rebounds, was in another part of the dressing room and said he didn't hear Johnson shouting.

"I was in the other room, so I don't really know what happened," Nowitzki said.

"I'm sure I'll find out. But it's just a tough time for all of us. I think it's more about getting the best out of everybody and challenging everybody in all aspects of the game."

The Magic controlled the tempo, leading 88-70 early in the fourth period. The Mavs scrambled to within 97-92, but poor execution once more in crunch time sent them back to Dallas with a loss.

"Their point guards destroyed us," Johnson said in his postgame assessment. "We again made silly mistakes down the stretch, and that's something that we have to keep working on."

Magic point guard Jameer Nelson was 10-of-15 from the field and scored 27 points.

"I just had no presence defensively," Terry said. "Nelson pretty much got whatever he wanted when he wanted."

The loss overshadowed the return of Josh Howard, who played 27 minutes and finished with 10 points and five rebounds.

Howard had missed 13 of the previous 14 games with a strained left hamstring.

Meanwhile, Johnson went into the game already upset that the NBA suspended center DJ Mbenga earlier Friday from the game against the Magic after he delivered a hard foul on Cleveland's LeBron James on Wednesday.

Johnson also received a technical foul late in the first quarter Friday.

The Mavericks (54-19) are 2 1/2 games behind San Antonio in the race for the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference. The Mavericks play host to Denver on Sunday.
kriD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:40 AM   #19
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriD
Mavs swear off this road trip

By DWAIN PRICE
STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Mavericks coach Avery Johnson punctuated the end of a frustrating road trip Friday with a profanity-laced outburst that was overheard in the team's locker room.
media members were interviewing guard Jerry Stackhouse when Johnson was heard, behind closed doors, shouting a string of expletive-laced words.
The outburst by Johnson appeared to shock the players who were in the locker room at the time.
Dirk Nowitzki, who finished with 38 points and 15 rebounds, was in another part of the dressing room and said he didn't hear Johnson shouting.

"I was in the other room, so I don't really know what happened," Nowitzki said.
So who the heck was he ripping into?
Quote:
"I just had no presence defensively," Terry said. "Nelson pretty much got whatever he wanted when he wanted."
Oh
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #20
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Forget Dirk for MVP, I think after these last 10 games I'd have to say that the true MVP of this team is Devin Harris...

Cuz' with him the Mavs look like "world beaters," and without him they look more like "egg beaters."

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 04-01-2006 at 11:35 AM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:51 AM   #21
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
Forget Dirk for MVP, I think after these last 10 games I'd have to say that the true MVP of this team is Devin Harris...

Cuz' with him the Mavs look like "world beaters," and without him they look more like "egg beaters."
I hope you're kidding.

The MVP is not won or lost in 10 games. Neither is the MVP given to a player who isn't even playing. That's the same mentality people used to put Nash up on his high chair earlier in the season - that the Suns couldn't win without him. It didn't make sense then and it certainly doesn't make sense now.

Last edited by orangedays; 04-01-2006 at 11:51 AM.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:58 AM   #22
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

The regular season is about getting ready for the playoffs. A division title would have been nice, but this team can get it done in the future. Dirk has many more years as a dominate player. Duncan is on the decline. As long as Dirk gets on the block against bowen and the mavs slash to the basket we will be fine.

Like life basketball teams have dissapointments. It is in one of them right now, but it isn't over. How much would a division title mean, if we had lost to the spurs in round 2. It wouldn't have mattered at all.

Things we have learned about this team. Griffin is the best perimeter defender. He bugs the best team's wing player. Devin Harris makes it happen for himself and others on the floor. This after a dissapointing rookie season. Most NBA GM's called Harris the most NBA ready point guard. This season he is showing why he can be so good. Diop this guy finally gets it. Sort of he is only 23. He is bound to improve immensly. Dampier is better suited off the bench. It doesn't matter where you start but where you finish.

It happens to be where the mavericks are right now. How many experts would have put the mavs right behind the spurs and the pistons. No steve nash, no mike finley two thirds of the big three are gone. Look at the T-Wolves they were unable to reload. The mavericks did behind the genius of Donnie Nelson. This team will be good for many more years. Regardless of what happens, this team will be one I remember as just the start of a new era.

Since basketball is a team game. It would be fitting for Chauncey Billups to win MVP.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #23
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

The regular season is about getting ready for the playoffs. A division title would have been nice, but this team can get it done in the future. Dirk has many more years as a dominate player. Duncan is on the decline. As long as Dirk gets on the block against bowen and the mavs slash to the basket we will be fine.

Like life basketball teams have dissapointments. It is in one of them right now, but it isn't over. How much would a division title mean, if we had lost to the spurs in round 2. It wouldn't have mattered at all.

Things we have learned about this team. Griffin is the best perimeter defender. He bugs the best team's wing player. Devin Harris makes it happen for himself and others on the floor. This after a dissapointing rookie season. Most NBA GM's called Harris the most NBA ready point guard. This season he is showing why he can be so good. Diop this guy finally gets it. Sort of he is only 23. He is bound to improve immensly. Dampier is better suited off the bench. It doesn't matter where you start but where you finish.

It happens to be where the mavericks are right now. How many experts would have put the mavs right behind the spurs and the pistons. No steve nash, no mike finley two thirds of the big three are gone. Look at the T-Wolves they were unable to reload. The mavericks did behind the genius of Donnie Nelson. This team will be good for many more years. Regardless of what happens, this team will be one I remember as just the start of a new era.

Since basketball is a team game. It would be fitting for Chauncey Billups to win MVP.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:36 PM   #24
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Was that post so good you had to had to post it twice?
Old 04-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #25
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs are just terrible. No hope.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #26
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
Mavs are just terrible. No hope.
The last time you posted anything meaningful was in April 2004. What is up with all these self-proclaimed "Mavs fans" clambering to be the first off the wagon? Either sit tight or leave and be quiet. Don't post this drivel.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:18 PM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

I am disappointed in Dirk for making that silly pass in the last minute or so, when a score from us would have been huge.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #28
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

seriously, i havent seen shaggydirk around at all

there are people like that up here, who come out of the woodwork just to say "i told you so" when michigan loses. wtf? people love gloating that they were right, and the team lost
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:26 PM   #29
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

does anyone remember the feeling when the mavs came back to beat the jazz in the first round who knows how many years ago?

we're definitely headed in the right direction, dont worry about it. we'll be the best in the nba w/in 3 years, maybe with some luck this year
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:12 PM   #30
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default My thoughts

Chauncey billups isnt mvp. If you give them 4 all stars and bitch that they should have had 5 they dont get to have the mvp too. Just as simple as that. As to devin harris being the mvp, i love devin harris but he isnt the mvp of this team. He is the second most valuable player on the team but he isnt the mvp. For one he and not griff is the teams best perimeter defender and for another he is the mavs second best offensive player imo. I know the stats dont say that since he doesnt score as much as jet but he gets so much more penetration. The mavs are 45-10 with him and 9-9 without him. Wow that is just a huge difference which is why i think he should be 6th man of the year.

As for dirk, he has been a beast. Nothing more you can ask of him. The turnover was a case of him hustling and then he was about to fall out of bounds he had to throw it to someone and he didnt have time to do anything but what he did. If you are saving a ball you throw it as far away from the basket you are guarding as you can. That is basketball 101. I know complaining about the officiating gets old but damn im tired of the mavs having to try to overcome officiating every single night. Dwight howard is my favorite non mav but he committed at least 13 fouls last night. That is ridiculous. Also, the double dribble that was missed at a crucial time was as easy a call as you will ever have. I really dont know how you miss that. Just overall the officiating over the last 6 games or so has been abnormally horrendous.

As for nash vs jet defensively they are both horrible. Nash looks like he tries but just sucks at while jet looks like he just couldnt care less. I still think dirk is the mvp but avery has lost COTY in the last several games.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #31
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

BTW looking at my last post it looks like i might be saying we lost because of officiating. I dont mean that at all. They were horrible but the mavs didnt deserve to win last night.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:31 AM   #32
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

n

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 02-15-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:04 PM   #33
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394

yo dude, please send tickets to...
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:05 PM   #34
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
The last time you posted anything meaningful was in April 2004. What is up with all these self-proclaimed "Mavs fans" clambering to be the first off the wagon? Either sit tight or leave and be quiet. Don't post this drivel.

SING IT SISTER!
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #35
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

orangedays is a girl?
Old 04-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #36
orangedays
Platinum Member

MavsX is just a little confused.