Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Artest to Lakers?

Sounds that way..

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.co...=rss_blogs_NBA

Last edited by BPo001; 07-02-2009 at 06:53 PM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

The past months i thought often what would be if Kobe would get his will when he was the sulking little baby and they traded Bynum + Brown for JO (= no Gasol).

Fisher
Kobe
Ariza/Walton
Odom
JO

I doubt Artest would sign there....

Bryant is such a lucky assmonkey, its allready disgusting.

Last edited by sefant77; 07-02-2009 at 07:11 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
me770706

me770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the roughme770706 is a jewel in the rough

it's done. 3 years 18 mil. wow. what a steal

Wednesday morning, Barnes was home (apparently with his kids) when he read the quote and responded on twitter.

"Morning yall up early w/ the babies watchn Dora. Seems Lamar can't keep my name out his mouth maby I need 2 put my sons (expletive) diaper n it"
me770706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how many Rockets fans have jumped off a bridge in the past week...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:05 PM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Next season is pretty pointless.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

wow, thats crazy. 09-10 NBA Champion: L.A. Lakers.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Insane. Just sick.

What's up with Ariza choosing the Rockets though? It's not like they'll be winning anything in the next few years.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley View Post
What's up with Ariza choosing the Rockets though? It's not like they'll be winning anything in the next few years.
True, especially when you consider that Portland was gunning for him...

Old 07-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #9
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

If Laker fans thought Ariza's defense was good...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #10
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Amazing, who's next to the Lakers, Kidd or David Lee. Look at what happened to Houston as they can not catch a break. Ming could be gone forever, McGrady probably gone, Artest gone, Mutombo retired. I will be rooting for the team that plays the lakers.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #11
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Uh, am I alone in thinking that Artest may not jive with the Lakers? I didn't watch a ton of Lakers games other than the playoffs, but I always thought Ariza was pretty good for the role he was in, and it sounds like he is gone. Maybe he's just one of those contract-year type of players, but I kind of liked him.

Artest is a guy who is going to take his shots, and some of them will be head-scratchers. I can't see Kobe being thrilled with a player like Ron, who isn't really an efficient scorer, taking shots away from him. And while Gasol has been pretty good taking a backseat to Kobe at times on offense, is he going to be as willing with Artest? And if he is, are the Lakers really better off if Artest is taking shots away from Gasol?

On paper it sounded like a good move, but the more I thought about it, the more I began to wonder about it.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #12
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Uh, am I alone in thinking that Artest may not jive with the Lakers?
Timebomb...

Old 07-02-2009, 10:50 PM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well...it's Phil. So...I have to think he can keep Artest in their game plan.

Speaking of...did Phil make a decision about next year and coaching the home games and all of that?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #14
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Speaking of...did Phil make a decision about next year and coaching the home games and all of that?
Not yet...

Old 07-02-2009, 11:00 PM   #15
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Drat, Hollinger's take on this trade is espn insider content. Anyone know what it says?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 07-02-2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #16
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Fans can only hope Artest has a blow up.

Kobe can't have too big a problem with it as they met in LA to discuss things.

Artest might take some questionable shots but it's not like he'll be handling the ball as much as he did in Houston either. He'll get as many open looks as Ariza did and should take those.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #17
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Ok....well I think at this moment we are officially out of the picture....
Just trade Dirk to the cavs and I'll be happy.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #18
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley View Post
Fans can only hope Artest has a blow up.

Kobe can't have too big a problem with it as they met in LA to discuss things.
It's always a lot easier to be happy in a relationship before you move in together...

And I'm sure Kobe is happy now. I can also remember a time when TO was happy with Romo as well (and vice-versa).

And I don't know whether it will be Artest blowing up so much as just not fitting in on-court. And one more thing, is this going to make Odom harder to re-sign? I have to admit, I haven't kept up with the Lakers' salary cap information and how they plan to spend it.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 07-02-2009, 11:22 PM   #19
Underdog

Old 07-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #20
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

whats next..lebron signing with the lakers next year??? lol
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:42 PM   #21
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Well...it's Phil. So...I have to think he can keep Artest in their game plan.

Artest was on the 10 pm Sportscenter and they asked about Phil and Ron said he had a good chat with Phil tonight and something along the lines of he's my coach.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #22
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

People complain about Artest's ill-advised shots...it's true...but c'mon, the man shot 40% from three last year even with some bad shots...he also put up 5 boards and 3 assists plus stellar D. It's hard to spin this one.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #23
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Ah, the web 2.0

There's nothing not to love. <--- double negatives are in.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:33 AM   #24
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Oh it's no spin. Now one less great defensive player to guard Kobe. If you make him stand and tell him to never take a shot, he will help the lakers, cause he will rebound and play great defense but he can shoot well.

I don't think the Lakers are done. As good as Fisher is, they might go after another pg. The young guys they have are good but they never stop loading up. Let's watch what the Spurs do to counter. Bowen had got older but him and Kobe had some good battles also. It needs to be some physical players in the west besides Artest that will bump and get physical with Kobe because if they don't, he will have a walk in the park.

It makes me wonder when Dwight Howard, Lebron and maybe even Rondo might go on out to LA.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:44 AM   #25
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Uh, am I alone in thinking that Artest may not jive with the Lakers? I didn't watch a ton of Lakers games other than the playoffs, but I always thought Ariza was pretty good for the role he was in, and it sounds like he is gone. Maybe he's just one of those contract-year type of players, but I kind of liked him.

Artest is a guy who is going to take his shots, and some of them will be head-scratchers. I can't see Kobe being thrilled with a player like Ron, who isn't really an efficient scorer, taking shots away from him. And while Gasol has been pretty good taking a backseat to Kobe at times on offense, is he going to be as willing with Artest? And if he is, are the Lakers really better off if Artest is taking shots away from Gasol?

On paper it sounded like a good move, but the more I thought about it, the more I began to wonder about it.
You have a valid point. Chemistry may suffer.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:59 AM   #26
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Why does it seem like each new day brings news seemingly designed to make the Mavs offseason appear puny and insignificant in comparison...
Foye, Miller, RJ, VC, Shaq, Artest, Zach Randolph!(kidding: )
the F'ing Wizards have had a better offseason than we have!
not to mention the spurs,lakers,magic,cavs,pistons etc.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:28 AM   #27
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
You have a valid point. Chemistry may suffer.

"Chemistry is overrated, dumb ass."

BEAT LA

Last edited by badfish22; 07-03-2009 at 03:28 AM.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:46 AM   #28
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

The rich just gets richer.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:49 AM   #29
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

If the Celtics get Rasheed, the Lakers, Cavs and Celtics are all three a lock to be in the NBA Finals.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:30 AM   #30
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

As for the news today, forget you Ron Artest. Signing for $18 million for three years? Really? I wouldn't care if it was to the Cavs, but the LAKERS? After that series we had with them? I could see it coming. Artest has been in LA since we lost to them. Hell, I even saw/met him there last week and was wondering why he was still in LA. But $18 million for three years? We couldn't offer him that, instead of just the one year deal? Morey has disappointed this off-season.

Amazing how one player can ruin an ENTIRE team's offseason. If the report had came out that Yao Ming had recovered or was recovering well, Ron Artest would probably be signing with the Rockets.

We got Trevor Ariza though, who does have some upside. Still, Ariza is a better fit with the Lakers and Artest with the Rockets.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:03 AM   #31
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Man, I just don't know what to say except Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Artest, and Kobe Bryant all on the same team is just rediculous. Not to mention they have a decent bench as well.

Not sure the Mavs can keep up with that kind of talent. Barring some kind of miracle trade our window just slammed shut.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #32
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Artest is going to wear 37 in honor of Michael Jackson's Thriller staying at number 1 on the pop charts for that many weeks. WTH?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,4740335.story

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-08-2009 at 10:53 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #33
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Artest is going to wear 37 in honor of Michael Jackson's Thriller staying at number 1 on the part charts for that many weeks. WTH?

Yeah. I think that dude is the most clueless human being in sports! It disgusts me hearing him speak. I am so damn glad he isn't here and I'm surprised that he has made it in life as long as he has. I look for him to kill over from stupidity or some sort before too long. Do I hope that happens YES, but no, but if no one is reading this then yes, one less retard having influence on young people. But since thats wrong to say I guess I can just say I'm thankful that Dirk (and co) don't have to hear him constantly!!!!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #34
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
As for the news today, forget you Ron Artest. Signing for $18 million for three years? Really? I wouldn't care if it was to the Cavs, but the LAKERS? After that series we had with them? I could see it coming. Artest has been in LA since we lost to them. Hell, I even saw/met him there last week and was wondering why he was still in LA. But $18 million for three years? We couldn't offer him that, instead of just the one year deal? Morey has disappointed this off-season.

Amazing how one player can ruin an ENTIRE team's offseason. If the report had came out that Yao Ming had recovered or was recovering well, Ron Artest would probably be signing with the Rockets.

We got Trevor Ariza though, who does have some upside. Still, Ariza is a better fit with the Lakers and Artest with the Rockets.
why are you so surprised artest chose to sign with the lakers? the rockets only offered him a 1-year deal. why would he stay with the rockets?

option A: sign with rockets for a 1-year deal, play without yao ming and tracy mcgrady, have no chance at a ring
option B: sign with the lakers for a multi-year deal, play with kobe bryant and pau gasol, have an excellent chance at a ring

the choice is easy.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #35
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
If the Celtics get Rasheed, the Lakers, Cavs and Celtics are all three a lock to be in the NBA Finals.
A 3 team tournament for the finals??? It is all about the cash!
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #36
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

The more I think about it the more I wonder why LA got all hot for Artest. Artest is a talent but Ariza seems to be a better player for their system. Why mess with a good thing? There's a lot of potential for that situation to go wrong.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

Old 07-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #37
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Artest is going to wear 37 in honor of Michael Jackson's Thriller staying at number 1 on the pop charts for that many weeks. WTH?

Considering that people have committed suicide over Michael Jackson's death I think wearing the number 37 in honor of him doesn't sound too bad.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:04 PM   #38
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Well, it won't last... but it's fun to compare their current stats:

Ron Artest:

G MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OFF DEF TOT STL BLK TO PF AST PTS
2 32.0 4-16 .250 2-9 .222 3-9 .333 1.0 3.0 4.0 1.50 .00 4.00 3.50 3.5 6.5

Trevor Ariza:

G MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OFF DEF TOT STL BLK TO PF AST PTS
3 38.3 23-46 .500 11-21 .524 13-19 .684 1.0 2.7 3.7 1.67 .33 4.00 4.00 3.3 23.3

Last edited by Stranger; 11-02-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #39
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Ariza has been electric so far this season.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #40
RePLAY

RePLAY can only hope to improve

Ron Artest is looking great so far. He's been locking down the best player on the opposing team while Kobe cant use his energy on offense.
RePLAY is offline   Reply With Quote