Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #641
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

let the sweep begin tonight.
I'll be there tonight, so if they blow another one, I'll be the guy charging the field.

Not really, I have to stay out of jail to go the cowboy game tomorrow night
Old 08-25-2006, 04:08 PM   #642
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Great visual.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:42 PM   #643
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211
let the sweep begin tonight.
I'll be there tonight, so if they blow another one, I'll be the guy charging the field.

Not really, I have to stay out of jail to go the cowboy game tomorrow night
Don't worry, you'll be saying the same kinds of things about the Cowboys in December as we are about the Rangers.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:19 PM   #644
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Don't worry, you'll be saying the same kinds of things about the Cowboys in December as we are about the Rangers.
Really?

I don't recall anyone saying anything about a superbowl parade regarding the Rangers... I also don't recall us saying anything about having possibly the best defense in the NFL and, frankly, one of the most exciting offenses in Cowboys history regarding the Rangers... That is, afterall, the things we will be talking about in December regarding the Cowboys!

Nope, I think you are mistaken...
Old 08-25-2006, 06:24 PM   #645
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Really?

I don't recall anyone saying anything about a superbowl parade regarding the Rangers... I also don't recall us saying anything about having possibly the best defense in the NFL and, frankly, one of the most exciting offenses in Cowboys history regarding the Rangers... That is, afterall, the things we will be talking about in December regarding the Cowboys!

Nope, I think you are mistaken...
I'll believe it when I see it.......

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:25 PM   #646
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Hairston starting again, and Barajas starting against a lefty..again.

I hate Buck.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 07:05 PM   #647
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I'll believe it when I see it.......
We have been mentioned by many regarding having one of the best defenses in the NFL... We have to be one of the deepest defenses if not THE deepest defense. Think about it, our number 1 draft pick doesn't have an open linebacker job. We will likely carry 10 LBs and all of them could have started for us a couple of years ago. Our only real question mark is backup NT, but I am sure they will trade for one or Pepper will earn it. FS looks better and better the way Watkins has been playing. This team is loaded on D.

Regarding the "one of the greatest offenses in Cowboys history" I don't see that as a stretch either. We have a very good quarterback, (potentially hall of fame), when he is upright and we have one of the best WR in the game to throw to now. Think how much easier that will make the job of the other weapons... Imagine Julius/Barber facing 7 man fronts all the time because they have to defend TO, Glenn, Crayton, AND Witten, (subtract Crayton and add Fasano on the two TE formations)... When have we had that much receiving talent in Silver and Blue???

...and the SB comment, well, have we ever been closer on paper since the mid 90s?
Old 08-25-2006, 07:05 PM   #648
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Hairston starting again, and Barajas starting against a lefty..again.

I hate Buck.
I have NOT been on this bandwagon until now. I say it is time to go too!
Old 08-25-2006, 07:22 PM   #649
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We have been mentioned by many regarding having one of the best defenses in the NFL... We have to be one of the deepest defenses if not THE deepest defense. Think about it, our number 1 draft pick doesn't have an open linebacker job. We will likely carry 10 LBs and all of them could have started for us a couple of years ago. Our only real question mark is backup NT, but I am sure they will trade for one or Pepper will earn it. FS looks better and better the way Watkins has been playing. This team is loaded on D.

Regarding the "one of the greatest offenses in Cowboys history" I don't see that as a stretch either. We have a very good quarterback, (potentially hall of fame), when he is upright and we have one of the best WR in the game to throw to now. Think how much easier that will make the job of the other weapons... Imagine Julius/Barber facing 7 man fronts all the time because they have to defend TO, Glenn, Crayton, AND Witten, (subtract Crayton and add Fasano on the two TE formations)... When have we had that much receiving talent in Silver and Blue???

...and the SB comment, well, have we ever been closer on paper since the mid 90s?
Woah nelly their Dan. Tap the breaks. This offense isnt close to the early 90s offenses. Emmitt is in a different league from the rbs now. That Oline was about a billion times better than this one, Troy Aikman was better than bledsoe(though Drew is good) and I would take Irvin over TO. Essentially Glenn is better than Alvin harper and thats the only upgrade.

As for the D, it is a very good so im not gonna quibble with that because though i dont think it is the best it is top 5 so no real argument there. As for superbowl, this is the colts year imo.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:05 PM   #650
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

I just hope the Rangers get a hit today. I'm easily satisfied at this point.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:46 PM   #651
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

And they break up the no-hitter in the eighth. Thanks Rangers.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:34 PM   #652
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

please see my posts in the beginning of the Ranger threads where i've advocated the firing of buck mf'er showalter all season. This team will go nowhere until that cancer is GONE.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:53 AM   #653
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight I had to cut GMJ from my fantasy team. It was a sad, sad day. But David DeJesus is just producing more.

I hope De-Ro isn't next...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:32 AM   #654
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The Rangers season is officially done.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 01:51 AM   #655
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Woah nelly their Dan. Tap the breaks. This offense isnt close to the early 90s offenses. Emmitt is in a different league from the rbs now. That Oline was about a billion times better than this one, Troy Aikman was better than bledsoe(though Drew is good) and I would take Irvin over TO. Essentially Glenn is better than Alvin harper and thats the only upgrade.

As for the D, it is a very good so im not gonna quibble with that because though i dont think it is the best it is top 5 so no real argument there. As for superbowl, this is the colts year imo.
Right. The Cowboys nice is alright, but not top 5 and the offense is nowhere near the Aikmen Smith Irvin days. A solid all around playoff team is all imo. I say Colts Panthers Superbowl.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 08-26-2006, 11:35 AM   #656
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
with that being said, we have three games coming up here.. we need a clean sweep.
another season. another waste.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #657
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan

Alvin Harper the only upgrade... Whatever dude... #1WR, #2WR, #3WR, #2TE, #2RB

Irvin himself said last year that TO has a better skill set, (though didn't say better playmaker), than him... Oh, and I wanted to list #1TE but I just can't bring myself to put Witten in Novacek's shoes just yet. I think he could easily end up having more catches and yardage in team history, but I just can't do it yet!

So with that said, our entire WR corps is better, we have much better depth at RB, better depth all around really. I give you the entire line, QB, and obviously RB, but this is still one of the best offenses in Cowboys history, (which is what I said by the way - ONE OF THE BEST - you continue to have a reading problem when responding to my posts).
Old 08-26-2006, 08:37 PM   #658
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Yeah... Terrible offense... Likely not even top 50...

Oh yeah, we don't have our number 1 WR, (or our number 1 K - 20 to 0 if we do), and we don't punt the entire half our starters play!
Old 08-26-2006, 09:05 PM   #659
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Alvin Harper the only upgrade... Whatever dude... #1WR, #2WR, #3WR, #2TE, #2RB

Irvin himself said last year that TO has a better skill set, (though didn't say better playmaker), than him... Oh, and I wanted to list #1TE but I just can't bring myself to put Witten in Novacek's shoes just yet. I think he could easily end up having more catches and yardage in team history, but I just can't do it yet!

So with that said, our entire WR corps is better, we have much better depth at RB, better depth all around really. I give you the entire line, QB, and obviously RB, but this is still one of the best offenses in Cowboys history, (which is what I said by the way - ONE OF THE BEST - you continue to have a reading problem when responding to my posts).
TO more talented than Irvin? Without question. A better football player? no. That said ill give that one to you as a slight edge for TO. I already gave you glenn over harp but kelvin williams was better than crayton. Is fasano better than moose because despite playing different positions thats the position comparison that is fair since the second TE essentially replaced the fb. As for rb, we might have a better backup and all but it didnt matter because Emmitt was on the field all the time. When you resort to saying your backup is better it means the starter generally isnt in the same league as the opposing starter. This is such a huge differential it isnt even funny. Its the equivalent of upgrading from marquis daniels to lebron james. Emmitt smith is somewhere between 1-4 on the best rb of all time list depending on your opinion. JJ is somewhere between 10-20 now depending on your opinion.

And the oline being a bazillion times better is a huge difference. Is it one of the best Os the cowboys have had? It depends on what you think of as one of the best. One of the top 5 Os the cowboys have had? Nope. One of the top 10? Probably, i cant really comment on this O vs Staubachs O but i know that every cowboys fan over the age of 40 i know thinks of staubach as a demigod. BTW on the depth thing you might want to rethink that. The biggest differential that the salary cap poses is that you cant afford depth.

Edit-i thought it over. JJ to smith is more like quis to lebron.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 08-27-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:50 PM   #660
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Wasn't this thread supposed to be about the shitty rangers?
Old 08-26-2006, 11:18 PM   #661
Five-ofan
Guru

Whats the point?
Old 08-27-2006, 01:07 AM   #662
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Just got back from watching the Rangers lose. Again. This team is infuriating. We did get to meet Aki Otsuka & get his autograph though. Such a nice guy.

I saw that EY is back up. I always thought they should have kept him. Useful player & good clubhouse guy.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:36 AM   #663
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

can we shut this thread down? damnit.

Contact Me
Old 08-27-2006, 07:42 AM   #664
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

At this point I'm hoping we absolutely tank. Maybe then Buck gets fired.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 08-27-2006, 07:55 AM   #665
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, who is starting the '07 thread, this year is DONE!!!?
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #666
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

We would have won it all if Doc didn't get in the pissing match with Rob and cause my initial thread to get closed... I said at the time, BAD KARMA!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #667
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

WEll, the rangers game sucked, but the Cowboys game was sweet. Although its hard to tell cause the 49ers are terrible.
But Glenn is incredible.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:56 AM   #668
alby
Guru

9/10 baby

go cowboys
forget about the rangers...

eve FC Dallas is leading their division (ha ha).. watch them

off topic, well not really since it is a mavs forum, how many years now has Dirk played in a row? the nba season starts in two months and the FIBAs are still going after reaching the finals last year.. that guy is simply incredible.. he isn't just playing, but he carries both teams on his shoulders.. will he wear out? =\

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 08-27-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:42 PM   #669
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

From the Startlegram....wow. Just wow.

For the record
I took Rangers manager Buck Showalter to task last week for failing to explicitly order rookie reliever Scott Feldman not to throw at Angels hitters in the ninth inning of that ridiculous game with Anaheim on Aug. 16, the one that resulted in so many suspensions. Now team insiders are saying he did exactly that.
Showalter, I'm told, had bullpen coach Dom Chiti relay that message to Feldman before he went into the game in the ninth. Feldman ignored the order by plunking Adam Kennedy with two outs, touching off a melee and capping a wild night that earned Feldman a six-game suspension, Vicente Padilla five games off and Showalter four games sitting in the manager's office in Detroit.
While I admire Showalter for employing a personal policy of not throwing players under the bus, when one of his players -- especially a rookie -- deliberately disobeys a manager's orders in a situation like that, all bets should be off. In the aftermath, Showalter would have been well within his rights to publicly discipline Feldman, who has since been sent back to Oklahoma for obvious reasons. But that's not the way this manager works.
"When someone with 'Texas' written across his chest does something good or bad, you wear it," Showalter has said more than once. Translation: Whatever happens, the Rangers are all in this together -- players, coaching staff, manager, everyone.
In the clubhouse, Feldman was treated like a folk hero, a clue that he very likely felt a great deal of peer pressure to disobey his manager.
The next logical question is whether Showalter has control of his players if a rookie is going to completely ignore an order, but you can't go there without asking the same question of Angels manager Mike Scioscia.
On the same day that Scioscia sanctimoniously declared to reporters that his pitchers don't throw at hitters, two Rangers were drilled and a third was buzzed behind his back.
It's obviously not just Showalter's players who are tuning out when it suits them
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #670
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Well, that sucks about the Rangers, I was rooting for you guys to beat the A's

My Giants have won 11 of their last 14, so they just might make the playoffs.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:35 AM   #671
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
9/10 baby

go cowboys
forget about the rangers...

eve FC Dallas is leading their division (ha ha).. watch them

off topic, well not really since it is a mavs forum, how many years now has Dirk played in a row? the nba season starts in two months and the FIBAs are still going after reaching the finals last year.. that guy is simply incredible.. he isn't just playing, but he carries both teams on his shoulders.. will he wear out? =\
Cowboys = Rangers

Go Stars. Go Mavericks.

(Hockey + Basketball) >> (Football + Baseball)

(Football + Baseball) = blow hard sports
Old 08-28-2006, 03:00 AM   #672
alby
Guru

football owns

and so do the cowboys

Contact Me
Old 08-28-2006, 06:57 AM   #673
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Mavericks >= Cowboys > Rangers > Stars
Old 08-28-2006, 08:10 AM   #674
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

If you mean by a talent standpoint Dalm, you would obviously have to swap the Stars and Rangers. If you mean entertainment standpoint, well, for me personally, ya gotta swap the Boys and the Mavs... Nothing eclipses football in my personal sports world...
Old 08-28-2006, 10:41 AM   #675
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
If you mean by a talent standpoint Dalm, you would obviously have to swap the Stars and Rangers. If you mean entertainment standpoint, well, for me personally, ya gotta swap the Boys and the Mavs... Nothing eclipses football in my personal sports world...
I'll watch maybe 20 Cowboys games this year (hopefully not including pre-season).

I'll watch maybe close to 100 Mavericks.

I have to give the edge to the Mavericks for this reason -- they take up more of my time. I did make them essentially even though with the = sign.

Stars haven't proven anything the last few years to me. I enjoy watching them, but I miss more games than watch. Rangers I love to watch -- they are just to frustrating right now though.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:47 AM   #676
alby
Guru

i'm telling you... fc dallas baby

(just kidding)

Contact Me
Old 08-29-2006, 08:50 AM   #677
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

How is it that the Stars win something like 7 division titles in the last 9 years, and nobody shows them any love?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:15 AM   #678
Five-ofan
Guru

its hockey and we are in america? Though i actually do like the stars.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #679
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

So are we helping ourselves or the Angels more by taking thiss Oakland series?
Anyone think we still have a chance here or has the pessismism permeated all?
Old 09-06-2006, 01:15 PM   #680
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

There's no pessimissim to it. For the Rangers to win the division at this point would take the greatest win streak in MLB history, combined with the greatest choke job in MLB history from the A's.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game