Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mac08

Thanks mac for acknowledging the great american George W. Bush.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #2
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Just say no to MacSame, 4 more years of the last 8. No thanks.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
Just say no to MacSame, 4 more years of the last 8. No thanks.
Thanks dubya for even keeping the lunatic dreyfus safe. I know it's been a tough, thankless job, but thanks for your service.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 09-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Come back with your shield or on it?

Last edited by chumdawg; 09-04-2008 at 09:42 PM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

I received this email from a friend of mine who is a Ron Paul supporter. I was wondering how Mac's speech would go over with him.

Quote:
McCain crushed it.

Most of the blogosphere doesn't seem to have liked the speech very much, calling it flat and unremarkable.

I'm not sure why that is. I think maybe it was the relative absence of partisan redmeat. But as you say, for me that was a good thing.

I can't stand listening to the same old Republican attacks on the Democrats. Not because the Democrats don't deserve it, but because to me the Republicans failed so hard at living up to principle that the only people they are qualified to attack right now is themselves. When I hear Romney attacking "liberal Washington" I just feel like it is the most dishonest thing ever. I feel like he is living in a cocoon.

McCain had the guts to say "we failed." I think he is wrong to say the failure was just about spending and not about Iraq, but at least he seems to have a connection to reality. That gives me hope.

I rather liked McCain's plain and sober way of speaking. Few things frighten me as much as Obama's starry-eyed promises to close the gap between the world as it is and the world as it should be. Of course McCain made a lot of promises too, and whenever a politician makes a promise I think "I'll believe it when I see it."

Do I really believe that things will change in Washington if McCain is elected? No, not really. But there is one thing McCain could do to make a difference: veto. At the Ron Paul rally the former Gov. of New Mexico spoke about how he vetoed 700 bills. I think we can count Bush's vetos on one hand. So McCain can make a difference there.

McCain said "I hate war." I'm sure on some level this is true. He has seen war up close, and any decent human being would have to hate war.
But my biggest problem with McCain is his foreign policy. I don't like it when he promises more wars on the campaign trail, or when he jokes about bombing countries or says things like "We are all Georgians now." How about a promise to keep America out of wars? Wouldn't that be grand?

I thought McCain did a really nice job presenting his POW story. It is a very touching story, and I don't think any honest person - no matter how much he disagrees with McCain - could fail to be touched by it. He told the story with humility, and that is a quality I think has been absent from the White House far too long.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #6
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
all I can say is if he wants to win in november he would be best off NOT ever saying the name "george bush" between now and then.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
all I can say is if he wants to win in november he would be best off NOT ever saying the name "george bush" between now and then.
Possibly not, but it does illustrate, imo, the value and honor of the man.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #8
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

anyone who doesn't appreciate the honour that mccain possesses is blind...and a fool imo.

you can disagree with his positions, you can say that he is a hothead with a temper, or even agree with obama that he is "out of touch", but one cannot dispute that this is an honourable man who deserves all of our respect and gratitude for his sacrifices/service.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote