Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-28-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default A Few Rumors

Chris Webber told ESPN.com on Monday night that he will arrive in Oakland on Tuesday to formally re-join the Golden State Warriors.

"I'll be there tomorrow," Webber said via e-mail. "It's a done deal."

A five-time All-Star, Webber began his career in Golden State, winning Rookie of the Year in 1993-94. He had a falling out with Don Nelson, however, and was shipped to the then Washington Bullets after only one season.

In a 14-year career, the Michigan product has averaged 20.9 points, 9.8 rebounds and 4.3 assists.

Nelson lasted for only one more year in Golden State after Webber left, coaching the New York Knicks for one season and the Dallas Mavericks for eight more before returning to the Warriors last season.

He has said that he will do whatever it takes to mend the fences with Webber for the good of the team. The former Kings All-Star signed today with the Golden State Warriors, with whom he began his NBA career in 1993, The Bee has learned from two sources familiar with the negotiations. Webber will earn a pro-rated portion of the league veterans' minimum, which is $1.2 million for a full season, according to the sources.

Webber's re-signing with the Warriors reunites him with coach Don Nelson, with whom the player feuded in each's first go-round with Golden State. After winning Rookie of the Year honors for a 50-win, playoff Warriors team, Webber forced a trade to Washington, and the Warriors spiraled. Nelson was fired midway through the 1994-95 season, and the team didn't return the playoffs until last year - a 12-year absence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not so sure how he will fit in. Running up and down Phx-GS style, not so good. I do feel he can help them in half court when they play a team like sa, that makes them stop running. Yes, gs needs more depth and yes they need more bigs but i am not so sure Webber helps them in the style they play, at his age. Will be interesting, plus is he in shape and can he play?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidd confirmed that his agent, Jeff Schwartz, has talked to Nets' management about moving him by the Feb. 21 trade deadline, but he categorized the conversation as a continuation of something that started last All-Star break, when the Nets nearly dealt him to the Lakers for a package of players that included Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown. The sticking point was that Nets president Rod Thorn wanted Andrew Bynum and the Lakers refused. There are a variety of teams who would be interested in acquiring Kidd -- Dallas and Denver already have reached out in the last week, a source said -- but it's a matter of what the Nets would insist upon in return. If draft picks are involved, weighing true value is infinitely easier after the May draft lottery, when the selection order is set and teams have a better idea of which players plan to declare their draft eligibility.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I say Kidd will go to Denver. They need a point. They will deal with the Nets and the Lakers will never give up Bynum and i do not blame them. Dallas will offer guys like Terry, Ager, but the Nets will say we want players like Harri, Howard and Bass throw in's and Dallas will say no deal. I do not blame Dallas. It will be a bad mistake if they deal Harris. That is just my opinion. No team will pry away Howard. He is going no where.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just read this and i think this could happen. It hurts us again at center and Dirk will get his fill again at center or Faz or someone would have to come up and help Dampier out. I would think more has to be involved because now you would have Harris and he has said I WANT TO START. Kidd won't sit the bench and Kidd would start. He doesn't have long and he has to get er done soon. That leaves you with Harris, Terry and Barea point guards. I don't see all this because we will be a point guard team. Now Terry can be the shooting guard now and maybe getting rid of Stack and getting a bigger Kidd at point, maybe Avery thinks we won't be as small in the back court. I have noticed Diop getting less time and Bass more but last game i think Diop did well. You get rid of George, Diop, that is some of your taller guys but i feel Stackhouse would be involved because we will start getting a log jam at pg and sg. This is interesting and we will have to just sit back and see what happens. If we get rid of some of our bigs, Bass and Dirk has to step up on defense and Dampier is prone to have injury at times. How would Harris respond off the bench?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

One scenario would have Kidd returning to Dallas, where he started his career, and probably would include another team. The Nets, the source said, would get Devean George, DeSagana Diop and draft picks. Jerry Stackhouse may have to be added to make it work financially, but there likely is more involved.

-----------------------------------------------------

Gordon and Deng contract talks wearing thin. Watch out for the Bulls making a move or two.
---------------------------------------------------
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
One scenario would have Kidd returning to Dallas, where he started his career, and probably would include another team. The Nets, the source said, would get Devean George, DeSagana Diop and draft picks. Jerry Stackhouse may have to be added to make it work financially, but there likely is more involved.
This sounds WAY too good to be true. This trade would be amazing. Then trade Terry and someone for Maggete. Dayum, we'd be stacked.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
thereaper

thereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to all

The Kidd deal will get done by the deadline. I feel it in my blood. Or is that the blood in my stool? I can't keep it all straight.
thereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:18 PM   #4
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

The Grizz guys mentioned the George, Diop, and Stack scenario as well.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:23 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to give up Diop with Damp's health but that's a freakin steal if it gets you Kidd.

ESPN reporting that the Spurs will make a hard push to sign Stoudamire once he clears waivers.

Last edited by MavsFanFinley; 01-28-2008 at 10:36 PM.
MavsFanFinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #6
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Losing stack would kill Avery...
Old 01-28-2008, 10:25 PM   #7
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

It would really help if you would put the quote tags around things that are not original thoughts of yours, Janet.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:46 PM   #8
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
It would really help if you would put the quote tags around things that are not original thoughts of yours, Janet.
It's pretty easy to tell actually. Janet's quotes are the rambling run-on sentences with no real point.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:23 PM   #9
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Getting Kidd in that fashion would leave us with a lot of PGs and not very many Centers.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:53 PM   #10
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
Getting Kidd in that fashion would leave us with a lot of PGs and not very many Centers.
True, but there is no way you pass up that deal. It makes Terry expendable also, so you could trade for a big or a Maggete type player.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #11
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

Why corey maggete? the dude just isn't that good if he was people would be after him.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:45 PM   #12
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbrynt
Why corey maggete? the dude just isn't that good if he was people would be after him.
Umm he is good and can be a lot better on a good team like Dallas, people have always been after him, but th owner wont let him go.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:28 PM   #13
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
It's pretty easy to tell actually. Janet's quotes are the rambling run-on sentences with no real point.
yeah..man i know what you mean that is really annoying and i hate it when he does that.............................................. ..........yes..i am an idiot.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere that someone emailed cubes about that deal and he basically said that new jersey would be nuts (and they would) to take that.

I also don't see how in the world denver needs a point guard? What's the going to do watch iverson pound the ball?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #15
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

This was out of the NY Daily News...

New Jersey Nets point guard Jason Kidd recently told friends that the Dallas Mavericks are his No. 1 choice for relocation. However, the Phoenix Suns and Denver Nuggets reportedly have some interest, while the Golden State Warriors have the kind of pieces that might compel the Nets to send Kidd back to his Bay Area roots.

Nets sources said nothing is imminent, while admitting that moving Kidd and his large salary ($19 million this season and $21 mil next year) for a package of young players and draft picks will not be easy.

The Mavs have been unwilling to trade the player the Nets want, Josh Howard, meaning that a third team might have to be part of a deal that would return Kidd to the team that drafted him in 1994
------------------------------------------------------

Janett
--------

No way we ever trade Josh Howard and especially for a man that doesn't have long left. I watched Howard against Memphis and again the announcers was like please, this guy is killing us on all ends of the court. It is so many teams in the league that begs for Howard. This guy is going to be a big part and star of this franchise. It is very few players that can play good offense, great defense, rebound and do it all and also young and healthy. This is one player that does it all. If Josh ever gets to where he can play the 4th quarter like he does the first half, watch out.

I don't think we would ever add Harris either or i feel it would be a big mistake. I would miss Diop but i know the Nets have wanted a center for along time. I do not understand why GS wants a pg. Baron Davis is one of the best. Is his contract about up or what's the deal? Oh yes Kidd would do great at gs in that running game but neither will Davis or Kidd will want to sit that much and i do not blame either one. It looks like Kidd want's to come to Dallas.

More rumors
---------------

Denver Post

The Denver Nuggets are indeed seeking out another guard, but it looks like it won't be the New Jersey Nets Jason Kidd.

Denver just doesn't have enough trade bait to snag the perennial all-star. And, Kidd makes a lot of money. If the Nuggets do make a trade, it would be for a reserve point guard, who would help spell Anthony Carter — the 32-year-old starting point guard who is averaging a career-high 30.1 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------

Miami Heat guard Smush Parker's agent said Tuesday that he and the Heat have ''discussed the idea'' of a buyout. But Pat Riley said he still thinks Miami might trade Parker, who has been banished from the team for two months.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Representatives for J.J. Redick repeatedly have approached the Orlando Magic about a trade that could provide the seldom-used shooting guard more playing time, but general manager Otis Smith said there are no plans to move Redick anytime soon.

Like last season, Redick has struggled to get consistent minutes with the Magic. The former college player of the year at Duke University has played in just 20 games this season for the 28-18 Magic. He is averaging just 3.7 points a game in 8.3 minutes a game this season
--------------------------------------------------

Janett
---------

I remember awhile back Smith said he didn't get any time because of the very quick guards on the team and they went with quick instead of shooting. He even said a month or two ago that they was looking for trade possibilities and now he says they are not. They are probably trying to get a team to inquire and sweeten the deal. I hope some team in the nba does a deal for Redick as he is a joy to watch. Just for him to get some time and see if he can make it in the nba and i feel his shooting ability will keep him in the league.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #16
adirktotheheart
Banned

adirktotheheart has a spectacular aura aboutadirktotheheart has a spectacular aura about

Shouldn't we pick up another PG with Harris out? If not Stoudamire, maybe sign Andre Barrett or Randy Livingston to a 10-day contract or something?
adirktotheheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:48 PM   #17
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by adirktotheheart
Shouldn't we pick up another PG with Harris out? If not Stoudamire, maybe sign Andre Barrett or Randy Livingston to a 10-day contract or something?
We still have Terry and JJB which is more than enough barring injuries.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:22 PM   #18
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I was afraid of Harris rumors and i am. I was just reading this...

---------------------------------------------------

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

The New Jersey Nets are in serious negotiations with the Dallas Mavericks and Portland Trail Blazers about a blockbuster three-way trade that would send Jason Kidd to the Mavericks, league sources said Wednesday afternoon.

In the proposed trade, Dallas and Portland would send the Nets a package that includes the Mavs' Devean George and Jerry Stackhouse and Blazers forwards Travis Outlaw and Channing Frye and guard Jarrett Jack. Mavericks point guard Devin Harris would be sent to Portland. Along with Kidd, the Nets would send reserve forward Malik Allen and center Jamaal Magloire to Dallas.

The Nets would also receive at least one future No. 1 pick and cash. It's expected that New Jersey would work a buyout with Stackhouse and allow him to be a free agent. Other players could be included to balance the exchange of contracts.

The Record (N.J.) first reported Wednesday morning that the three teams were in discussions.

League sources say that Nets president Rod Thorn has been working the phones relentlessly since Kidd went public on Monday with his trade request. Thorn seems determined to get a deal done soon and may be looking to completely remake the Nets. He also has been dangling guard Vince Carter.

Kidd, 34, is making $19.7 million this season, and has one year left in on his contract at $21.4 million. Kidd The addition of Kidd could make the Mavericks sudden favorites in the West, where they have had two straight heart-breaking playoff runs and currently have the third-best record in the conference.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Portland is going to have one good young team. I would miss Harris. I do realize how good Kidd is and i know he gets up and down good and is a good ast man and rebounder with size. If we do this, we need to win and contend for a title now and next couple years. If this happens, Avery is comphy with Terry and Barea helping out Kidd. Especially Barea. Allen is 6'10" and a big guy. Magloire is a pretty good player at 6'11" but looks like for the 10 or 11 mins he is playing this year, looks terrible. Not sure why.

Other Rumors, Nets want Noci from Bulls, Carter was talked about or maybe offered to Knicks involving Randolph and Knicks said no. It looks like the Nets are going to deal now.

Finish up on, i know Kidd is good. I wondered if Harris would be ok comming off the bench but with this rumor it seems he might be traded. Kidd is almost averaging a tripple double. Very good. He shoots 37% and 40$ for his career. Harris for our Mavs shoots 48% and shot 49% last year. It seems everyone loves this trade for us when i read but i still feel it is risky letting Harris go and having to face him in the west.

We would be really big with Dampier, Dirk, Magloire, Diop and Allen.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:25 PM   #19
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Kidds 40% is a concern to me but i know he will dish a bunch of ast in Dallas and also Harris does shoot a high % because of driving but Harris can knock down his shot. How does others feel about this trade, if this rumor comes true?
Old 01-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #20
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

wait..in this trade dallas does not get Kidd? whats the point?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #21
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
wait..in this trade dallas does not get Kidd? whats the point?
Read it again, buddy. Hint: "Along with Kidd..."

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 01-30-2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #22
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Walton just said, "why would they want to give up promising talent like Outlaw for a trade like that"

uhh Outlaw < Harris

I can't imagine this trade ever happening though, just cause stackhouse is involved.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:41 AM   #23
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas, GS, LA, Denver, Phoenix.... None of these teams make any sense for Kidd. In fact, of the established "contenders" I'd say none of them make sense for Kidd. The only playoff team/contenders that make sense for Kidd I'd say are maybe Houston, Portland, and Toronto.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:46 AM   #24
fluid.forty.one

Cleveland makes sense if they could pull off a deal that my mind can't seem to figure out.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:52 AM   #25
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
How does others feel about this trade, if this rumor comes true?
How does others?

I does feel like the West is so stacked, that no matter how you alter your team heading into the playoffs, you're taking such a gamble on someone like Kidd, that it's not worth it. Why would the Mavericks mortgage their future on a one shot deal? Who knows what he'll have next year.

If they did this trade, and they didn't win a ring this year or next, they'd have to blow the team up and start over. And that wouldn't/shouldn't sit well with Dirk and Josh, who would start looking elsewhere.

Harris is the real deal. He's not going anywhere.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:54 AM   #26
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cleveland makes sense if they could pull off a deal that my mind can't seem to figure out.
Do they even make much sense though? LeBron does so much of the ball handling and playmaking, that I don't know if a guy who needs the ball as much as Kidd does to be effective is a good thing. What Cleveland desperately needs is a outside shooting, and we all know Kidd is a lousy shooter.

Toronto and Portland I think make the most sense, and to a lesser extent Houston.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:57 AM   #27
fluid.forty.one

Damon Jones (if he got playing time) and Gibson are pretty good from long range. I personally would be scared of a Kidd/James duo... james is pretty good without the ball as it is, think of how good he could be playing next to a nash/kidd type.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:13 AM   #28
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Damon Jones (if he got playing time) and Gibson are pretty good from long range.
Let me put it this way; they need long range shooting in their starting lineup. If Larry Hughes is going to be their starting 2, then they need a point who can shoot the ball.

Quote:
I personally would be scared of a Kidd/James duo... james is pretty good without the ball as it is, think of how good he could be playing next to a nash/kidd type.
That's what I'm talking about. I don't necessarily think that's going to win them more games. Yeah LeBron is good without the ball, but that's not his bread and butter. I'm not saying they wouldn't play well with each other, but I don't think they'd be nearly as deadly as you seem to. LeBron does so much playmaking of his own when he's not shooting the ball that what he really needs is a point guard who can score. IMO Cleveland would be better off with a guy like Terry than they would with Kidd.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:17 AM   #29
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Orlando. Now there's a team Kidd could really make a difference with.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:34 AM   #30
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Orlando. Now there's a team Kidd could really make a difference with.
Kidd and Howard could be tops in the West
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:51 AM   #31
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Why Toronto? What kind of deal could they possibly make? I don't see them giving up Calderon so NJ would need to gamble on Ford.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:01 AM   #32
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Why Toronto? What kind of deal could they possibly make? I don't see them giving up Calderon so NJ would need to gamble on Ford.
I didn't really think about it too deeply. Off the top of my head I just said Toronto because they have lots of young guys for someone like Kidd to dish it out to as well as a fantastic big man. Out of the possible "contenders" I just thought they made more sense than teams like Dallas, LA, Denver etc..
Old 01-31-2008, 06:17 AM   #33
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Do not let Harris f**king go!!!!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:38 PM   #34
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
I didn't really think about it too deeply. Off the top of my head I just said Toronto because they have lots of young guys for someone like Kidd to dish it out to as well as a fantastic big man. Out of the possible "contenders" I just thought they made more sense than teams like Dallas, LA, Denver etc..
Yeah i'm definitely not arguing that the destinations mentioned make any sense. But I think Torontos situation with Calderon would be similar to ours with Harris. Kidd would be an upgrade in many respects but it wouldn't be as huge an upgrade as the price attached to him would indicate.

If I had to pick the most logical team for Kidd to be traded to it would be either the Magic (but they probably can't make it work salary wise) or the Cavs. I'm not sure Lebron needs the ball to be dominant, it's just that he always has the ball right now because well... who else is on that team that can handle it? Lebron has nothing else to work with, this would be a huge change for him but it would be interesting to see how it would work out. That deal would likely include NJ taking back Hughes ugly contract though if it were to somehow work.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:17 PM   #35
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

ORLANDO
ORLANDO
ORLANDO

tht would be the perfect and scary fit for Kidd, I dont see us losing in this rither way so if he comes here fine, if not fine

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 01-31-2008, 02:23 PM   #36
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
Losing stack would kill Avery...
Would he pull a Nelson over losing Stack?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:30 PM   #37
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

we could get Stack bak because he will be waived

........GO MAVS
Old 01-31-2008, 02:35 PM   #38
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Logically,
How about Kidd to Sac, Bibby to Cleveland, Miller and A Miller to NJ, and Gooden/Jones to Phi?

Others involved to make salaries match.

Kidd goes back home to the bay, Sac gets a legit star to run with Artest, NJ gets a center and a PG to run with Carter/Jefferson, and Phi gets a PF and replacement shooter. Cleveland gets a true PG which would allow Varejo to start, and LBJ to focus on slashing.

Everyone's happy.....well ... not really, but hey.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:14 PM   #39
fluid.forty.one

Why would Kidd want to play in Sacramento over NJ?

A bad team in the east > a bad team in the west
Old 01-31-2008, 05:31 PM   #40
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why would Kidd want to play in Sacramento over NJ?

A bad team in the east > a bad team in the west
isn't Kidd from the Bay area? I thought he was, but I could be wrong.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote