Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of
Default Melo scores career-best 49

Allen Iverson barely broke a sweat and he thanked Carmelo Anthony for that.

"I think that might be the easiest game I ever played in my career. I was out there watching," Iverson hollered across the locker room after Anthony scored a career-high 49 points to lead the Denver Nuggets past the Washington Wizards 111-100 Friday night.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280208007
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2008, 12:04 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

How many points were they up when they were force feeding the ball to Melo so he could aim for 50? Did you see the look on his face when Jamison and Blatche were swarming him so he couldn't get the ball?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
How many points were they up when they were force feeding the ball to Melo so he could aim for 50? Did you see the look on his face when Jamison and Blatche were swarming him so he couldn't get the ball?
melo had 26 middle of the second quarter. 29 at half... he came out firing and was dead on.
19/25 FG, 3/3 3pt, 8/8FT
Old 02-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy for him, really, but I'm talking about in the final minutes when they were up like 12-15 points and they kept trying to get him the ball so he could get 50. And the crowd was booing the Wizards cause they were swarming him so he couldn't get a touch even. Melo was on fire and earned his points but I just can't stand when the game is over and players are trying to go for stats.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #5
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

I want Melo to get 50!! so close!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

He's on my fantasy team.

He's a great scorer, but he doesn't do anythign else particularly well on the stat sheet.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:37 PM   #7
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
He's on my fantasy team.

He's a great scorer, but he doesn't do anythign else particularly well on the stat sheet.
gets boards and a couple assists and 3pointers made. about as much as dirk.
also depends on what categories you use in your league.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:55 AM   #8
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't understand the hate for Carmelo around here. The guy can flat out ball.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote