Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-26-2005, 12:41 PM   #41
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all
Default RE:Once upon a lifetime ~ I'm getting married!!

How did the ring shopping go on Sunday........?...............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2005, 01:32 PM   #42
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

It was incredibly exciting to shop for the ring! I definitely know what rock I want! I also have a definite idea of what setting I want, but we didn't find it anywhere! Not many places are open on Sundays (who knew?), and few carry a selection of yellow gold settings. The setting might have to be custom made. I'm going out of town for 4 days (roommate's wedding), so we'll finalize everything when I get back. [img]i/expressions/rose.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/rose.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/rose.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/rose.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/rose.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img] Fun times!! Thanks for asking!
Old 04-27-2005, 03:47 PM   #43
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

may your engagement bring in the sheer magic and mystrey of the beautiful relationship,
that you are going to lovingly share, in the years to come.

l g
n#41
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:40 PM   #44
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: Once upon a lifetime ~ I'm getting married!!

wow. Great news.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:18 PM   #45
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been around much recently...so, somehow missed this thread.

Congrats! It couldn't have happened to a better girl.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:12 AM   #46
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

that's lovely Smiles.

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:20 AM   #47
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
that's lovely Smiles.
is she real?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:52 PM   #48
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

Wow! I can't believe I missed this post.

I am so excited for you. Being engaged is one of the greatest times life has to offer.

What are your colors?
Where is the honeymoon?
Did you pick out a dress yet? (shopping for a wedding dress is an amazing experience. I will never forget the first time I tried one on.)

Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness. [img]i/expressions/wine.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 04:21 PM   #49
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: southern_sweets
Wow! I can't believe I missed this post.

I am so excited for you. Being engaged is one of the greatest times life has to offer.

What are your colors?
Where is the honeymoon?
Did you pick out a dress yet? (shopping for a wedding dress is an amazing experience. I will never forget the first time I tried one on.)

Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness. [img]i/expressions/wine.gif[/img]
I had no idea there was an engagement euphoria, until I began experiencing it.

Colors: berry & pine green (harvest colors for accents - I love having a fall wedding!)
Honeymoon: 14 days in Oregon - lounging on the coast, touring through wine country, hiking in the Cascades (not to mention visiting a couple of nature preserves and observatories) and playing a little "vacation golf" at Bandon Dunes.
Dress: Yes! I'm having the sleeves changed though, so my seamstress has it at the moment. I'll post a picture after. It's gorgeous!!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:37 PM   #50
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

Wow! That all got organised quickly. I've been engaged for 4 years and I haven't even set a date!
Let alone picked colours. That's adorable though. I love autumn (fall, do you guys call it autumn?) wedding.
Gorgeous colours.
I can't wait to see the wedding dress. I love dresses!

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:30 AM   #51
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
Wow! That all got organised quickly. I've been engaged for 4 years and I haven't even set a date!
Let alone picked colours. That's adorable though. I love autumn (fall, do you guys call it autumn?) wedding.
Gorgeous colours.
I can't wait to see the wedding dress. I love dresses!
LOL, you crack me up! I guess this quick engagement is rather whirlwind-like. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I thought you didn't like fancy dresses? Are you humoring me?! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Well, I never thought I'd go for a fancy dress, but I sorta did. I meet with the seamstress tonight for the first "fitting".

We usually call it "fall", I think, but I like the sound of "autumn" better. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2005, 10:37 AM   #52
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

man, the engagement is pretty fun. of course, i didn't get to try on any dresses. well, at least not in any stores...

but then the euphoria disappears after the wedding. everything goes back to normal. Oops, did I just put a downer on things? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

seriously, sounds like fun. I need to get back up to the Pacific Northwest.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:49 PM   #53
Smiles
Diamond Member

"Normal" is pretty good, if you ask me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's so nice have your best friend around all the time.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:00 PM   #54
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Smiles
"Normal" is pretty good, if you ask me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's so nice have your best friend around all the time.
word. I have a spouse.

Old 05-13-2005, 03:14 PM   #55
Smiles
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
Quote:
Originally posted by: Smiles
word. I have a spouse.
It feels weird to think of it that way!

When we get back from trips he usually drops me off at my apartment, and then he goes home. I was thinking (out loud) that when he drops me off after the honeymoon, I'll do some laundry (it'll be Saturday evening), and then go spend Sunday with him at his house. At first he said, "okay, whatever works best for you.." Then he gets excited and says "No way! YOu're going home with ME! YOu're going to be my WIFE!" LOL I don't know what I was thinking - as if I'd just go back to my little apartment after. LOL

"Spouse". I guess that's a "life changing event", eh? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]