Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-11-2004, 10:28 PM   #121
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas @ Miami Gameday Thread

Is it me or is Howard letting his man blow by him a lot tonight?
Old 11-11-2004, 10:29 PM   #122
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

dirk again. in the zone, in the zone.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:31 PM   #123
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Well hell, don't listen to me dirk...If it's a set shot man shoot it... good grief... Nice to have some defensive pressure at the end of games as well.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:31 PM   #124
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

In the immortal words of Jim Durham:

Dirk Nowitzki has got it stuck on automatic!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:31 PM   #125
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Dallas @ Miami Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
Is it me or is Howard letting his man blow by him a lot tonight?
I also noticed this last game. I've been seeing alot of guys blow right past him and that's not like Howard. I don't know if it's the injury or what but there is definately something happening on the defensive end to him.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:34 PM   #126
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go alan..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 11-11-2004, 10:36 PM   #127
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

come on, i really want dirk to set a new career high. he's coming out soon i'm sure [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2004, 10:37 PM   #128
HexNBA
Golden Member

come on, two more baskets or a triple!

update: awww..guess not tonight.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:38 PM   #129
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

this is the type of effort dirk should do after a loss. He is on a mission tonight. Wish he had done some damage on the block, but with Kazaam in the paint, I understand. Damp showed me someting tonight, even though Shaq had his best game of the year. He frustrated the big daddy enough to where he wasn't the one killing us.

I thought our defense was awsome too, what a win.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:39 PM   #130
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

All Dirk needed was 2 more baskets. I guess they don't take playoff games into consideration because I could've sworn Dirk had more than 43 against the Spurs.

1996-2005
Old 11-11-2004, 10:40 PM   #131
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

AMAZING first game for me to see! You can call me McDonald's because I'm LOVIN' THIS!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:41 PM   #132
HexNBA
Golden Member

yeah, they dont
Old 11-11-2004, 10:42 PM   #133
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Now we know it´s over.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:48 PM   #134
HexNBA
Golden Member

I'm very impressed with this game. Sure some things could be improved, but when isn't that the case.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:48 PM   #135
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

MVP
Old 11-11-2004, 10:49 PM   #136
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

most impressive stat? Nobody has reached 100 points against Dallas yet this season. Great game on both ends of the court.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:52 PM   #137
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs win 113-93:

Howard (36) 4-12, 1-3, 9pts, 8rbs, 1stl

Dirk (42) 12-24, 4-7, 13-13, 41pts, 10rbs, 4as, 2tos, 2blks

Dampier (16) 2-3, 2-2, 6pts, 5rbs, 1to

Daniels (31) 9-13, 1-1, 3-5, 22pts, 5rbs, 3as, 1to

Harris (22) 4-6, 1-1, 9pts, 3rbs, 3as, 2tos, 2stls

Henderson (17) 1-3, 0-2, 2pts, 7rbs, 1as, 2tos, 1blk

Stackhouse (27) 4-7, 1-2, 3-4, 12pts, 1rb, 3as, 2tos

Terry (26) 4-4, 2-2, 10pts, 2rbs, 3as, 2tos, 1stl

MBenga (7) 0-1, 1blk

Bradley (9) 1-2, 2pts, 1rb, 1to, 1stl, 1blk

Booth (4) 0-1, 2blks

Dickau (3) 0-3, 0-1, 1to
Old 11-11-2004, 10:54 PM   #138
dude1394
Guru

Most impressive stat as well. Miami shoot around 38%.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:55 PM   #139
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
most impressive stat? Nobody has reached 100 points against Dallas yet this season. Great game on both ends of the court.
That is impressive, as is the fact that nobody has shot better than 41% against the Mavs yet this season.

Is this is a *gasp* GOOD defensive team???
Old 11-11-2004, 10:56 PM   #140
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

I was suprised by this game. Mavs made a stand with this game. I think everyone thought down on us a bit after the Magic game but this game put the doubts to rest. We handed the Heat their first loss. Shaq and Wade combined for over 40 points and we still gave them an assault. I'm proud of everyone one tonight. I have nothing to complain about other than a couple of nitpicks I have but nothing major that can't be fixed.

1996-2005
Old 11-11-2004, 10:58 PM   #141
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Most impressive stat is that Dirk led us in assists, rebounds, points and blocks tonight. Great game by him.

1996-2005
Old 11-11-2004, 10:58 PM   #142
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Goes to show that maybe the Mavs WERE really just tired the other night.

Great bounceback from Dirk. Dampier was great in allowing us to absorb Shaq's damage and keep on ticking. Daniels made it look easy.

Great defensive performance.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:00 PM   #143
MavsFanFinley
Guru

The Mavs deserve all the credit for their performance tonight, but Miami was no where near as good as I was expecting.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:00 PM   #144
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Damp showed me someting tonight, even though Shaq had his best game of the year. He frustrated the big daddy enough to where he wasn't the one killing us.
Agreed. Short minutes because of the fouls, and because of that his stat line doesn't jump out at you, but I liked the way he played when he was in the game.

Great to see the streak of holding opponents under 42% continue, especially given the role Miami's been on. Great to get a convincing win over a team that wasn't working an 0-fer (or should I say a team that was working an 0-fer of a different sort). And what can you say about Dirk. He was just dominant tonight.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:01 PM   #145
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Bad feelings about tonight. I think that's why no one has posted in this thread (except for akaarod). I am interested in seeing how Damp handles the man-beast Superman on the other side. But I think we lose.

Mavs - 94
Heat - 98

I don't know...I've never started a game thread before...should I start another one?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Nice win by the Mavs...on top of that...it was on national TV for the whole country to see. Go Mavs!
akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:03 PM   #146
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:
That is impressive, as is the fact that nobody has shot better than 41% against the Mavs yet this season.

Is this is a *gasp* GOOD defensive team???
With the Mavs being such a great offensive team, if we are just average defensively we will be competitive against anybody.

If we can actually be GOOD defensively (top 10), then nothing is out of our reach.

Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:03 PM   #147
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Without knowing anything about the Heat roster, if you asked me to name a Heat player that would come into the game in the final minutes, you could have given me 100 guesses before I came up with F'ing Wang Zhi Zhi.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:05 PM   #148
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
With the Mavs being such a great offensive team, if we are just average defensively we will be competitive against anybody.

If we can actually be GOOD defensively (top 10), then nothing is out of our reach.
Exactly.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:06 PM   #149
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Without knowing anything about the Heat roster, if you asked me to name a Heat player that would come into the game in the final minutes, you could have given me 100 guesses before I came up with F'ing Wang Zhi Zhi.
Think our center spot is a little better off now? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2004, 11:06 PM   #150
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MIAMI (AP) -- Instead of making a serious run at acquiring Shaquille O'Neal over the summer, the Dallas Mavericks decided to build their team around Dirk Nowitzki.

The logic couldn't be faulted Thursday. Nowitzki had 41 points, two off his career high, and Marquis Daniels added 22 to help Dallas beat Miami 113-93, ending the Heat's unbeaten start and their franchise-record 14-game home win streak.

Nowitzki made 12 of 24 shots from the field, shot 4-for-7 from 3-point range, made all 13 of his free-throw tries and added 10 rebounds for Dallas (5-1).

O'Neal had 22 points -- giving him 22,002 for his career -- and 10 rebounds for the Heat, which lost for the first time in five games this season. Dwyane Wade added 20 points, eight rebounds and five assists before spraining his left ankle with 7:07 remaining. He did not return.

Dallas built a 14-point halftime lead and opened the third quarter with an 18-4 burst that pushed its lead to 89-63 against a Heat team that trailed by 4 minutes, 44 seconds in its first four games combined. Miami got back within 95-82 by the end of the third, but never seriously challenged the Mavs.

Dallas shot only 29.2 percent two nights earlier in Orlando, but the Mavericks came out firing against Miami -- which held its first four opponents to 41 percent shooting.

Dallas made 11 of its first 15 shots, while Miami missed 10 of its first 13. For the game, the Mavericks shot 52.6 percent; Miami managed to connect on 37.2 percent of its shots.

A 13-0 Mavericks' run -- highlighted by a 28-foot, shot-clock-beating 3-pointer by Nowitzki -- gave Dallas a 25-8 lead with 4:18 left in the opening quarter.

Miami chipped away, and drew within 50-42 after Wade made a steal, pushed the ball upcourt and found Damon Jones for a wide-open 3-pointer with 5:52 left in the half. But Dallas answered with scores on three straight possessions, and never let the Heat get within 10 points again.

Mavericks coach Don Nelson -- the inventor of the ``hack-a-Shaq'' scheme -- ordered it used on three trips in the second quarter, hoping it'd disrupt Miami's offense enough to keep the Heat from making a late run.

It worked; O'Neal, a challenged foul shooter, made three of the six free throws earned by being fouled near midcourt by Alan Henderson and Calvin Booth, Miami's momentum slowed down the stretch and the Heat trailed 71-57 at halftime.

Keyon Dooling had 14 points and Rasual Butler added 11 for Miami, which is at San Antonio on Friday -- and has won there only once in 17 tries.

Jerry Stackhouse had 12 and Jason Terry 10 for Dallas.

Notes

Nowitzki's 11 free throws were the most an opponent ever managed against Miami in a first half. ... O'Neal became the 20th player to score 22,000 regular-season points. ... Daniels has a combined 53 points in two games at Miami. ... Dallas reserve C D.J. Mbenga was whistled for three fouls in a 52-second span of the second quarter. ... Heat G Eddie Jones shot 1-for-11 and is now connecting on 36.2 percent of his tries this season. ... About 100 people commemorated Veterans' Day by participating in an U.S. Army enlistment ceremony at halftime. ... Tennis stars Boris Becker and Anna Kournikova were in the crowd. ... No team has scored 100 points on Dallas this year.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:18 PM   #151
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

MVP

If he carries this team to division championship, he should get enough consideration. Plus dropping 41 on national TV does help.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:28 PM   #152
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Dirk dominated the game tonight. Dropped 41 (a good number for him) and didn't even look like he was working hard. He must be averaging something like 27-19-4 w/ almost 2 blocks now.

Anyone who dominates a game where Shaq is playing has to be given serious consideration for MVP if he keeps putting the numbers up.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:28 PM   #153
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Dirk dominated the game tonight. Dropped 41 (a good number for him) and didn't even look like he was working hard. He must be averaging something like 27-10-4 w/ almost 2 blocks now.

Anyone who dominates a game where Shaq is playing has to be given serious consideration for MVP if he keeps putting the numbers up.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:31 PM   #154
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk awesome. Defense stifling. Sky limit.

I loved the center rotation tonight. We have so much flexibility there. It must be a nightmare for the opponents.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:33 PM   #155
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mavericks coach Don Nelson -- the inventor of the ``hack-a-Shaq'' scheme -- ordered it used on three trips in the second quarter, hoping it'd disrupt Miami's offense enough to keep the Heat from making a late run.

It worked; O'Neal, a challenged foul shooter, made three of the six free throws earned by being fouled near midcourt by Alan Henderson and Calvin Booth, Miami's momentum slowed down the stretch and the Heat trailed 71-57 at halftime.
(2:30) [DAL 60-48] Nowitzki Jump Shot: Made (21 PTS) Assist: Daniels (2 AST)
(2:26) [DAL] Henderson Foul: Personal (1 PF)
(2:26) [MIA] O'Neal Free Throw 1 of 2 missed
(2:26) [MIA] Team Rebound
(2:26) [DAL] Nowitzki Violation: Lane
(2:26) [MIA 49-60] O'Neal Free Throw 2 of 2 (10 PTS)

(2:12) [DAL 62-49] Stackhouse Jump Shot: Made (5 PTS)
(2:08) [DAL] Henderson Foul: Personal (2 PF)
(2:08) [MIA 50-62] O'Neal Free Throw 1 of 2 (11 PTS)
(2:08) [DAL] Henderson Substitution replaced by Booth
(2:08) [MIA] O'Neal Free Throw 2 of 2 missed
(2:07) [MIA] E. Jones Rebound (Off:1 Def:2)

(2:02) [MIA] Wade Layup Shot: Missed
(2:00) [MIA] Wade Rebound (Off:2 Def:1)
(1:55) [MIA] Wade Jump Shot: Missed Block: Booth (1 BLK)
(1:52) [DAL] D. Harris Rebound (Off:0 Def:2)
(1:50) [MIA] Wade Foul: Technical (2 PF)
(1:50) [DAL 63-50] Nowitzki Free Throw Technical (22 PTS)
(1:43) [DAL] D. Harris Turnover: Bad Pass (2 TO) Steal: Wade (2 ST)
(1:39) [MIA 52-63] Wade Driving Layup: Made (13 PTS)
(1:39) [DAL] D. Harris Foul: Shooting (1 PF)
(1:39) [MIA 53-63] Wade Free Throw 1 of 1 (14 PTS)
(1:23) [DAL 65-53] Stackhouse Reverse Layup: Made (7 PTS)
(1:17) [DAL] Booth Foul: Personal (1 PF)
(1:17) [MIA 54-65] O'Neal Free Throw 1 of 2 (12 PTS)
(1:17) [MIA] Wade Substitution replaced by Butler
(1:17) [DAL] Nowitzki Violation: Lane
(1:17) [MIA] O'Neal Free Throw 2 of 2 missed
(1:15) [MIA] E. Jones Rebound (Off:2 Def:2)

(1:11) [MIA] E. Jones Jump Shot: Missed
(1:10) [DAL] Team Rebound
(1:10) [MIA] O'Neal Foul: Loose Ball (2 PF)
(1:10) [DAL 66-54] Nowitzki Free Throw 1 of 2 (23 PTS)
(1:10) [DAL] Booth Substitution replaced by Henderson
(1:10) [MIA] O'Neal Foul: Technical (2 PF)
(1:10) [MIA] O'Neal Substitution replaced by Allen
(1:10) [DAL 68-54] Nowitzki Free Throw Technical (25 PTS)
(1:10) [DAL 71-56] Nowitzki Free Throw 2 of 2 (25 PTS)
(0:54) [MIA] Haslem Layup: Missed
(0:52) [MIA] Haslem Rebound (Off:2 Def:3)
(0:51) [MIA 56-68] Haslem Layup Shot: Made (8 PTS)
(0:32) [DAL 70-56] Stackhouse Layup Shot: Made (9 PTS) Assist: Daniels (3 AST)
(0:32) [MIA] Butler Foul: Shooting (2 PF)
(0:32) [DAL] Nowitzki Substitution replaced by Booth
(0:32) [DAL 71-56] Stackhouse Free Throw 1 of 1 (10 PTS)
(0:23) [DAL] Stackhouse Foul: Personal (1 PF)
(0:23) [MIA 57-71] E. Jones Free Throw 1 of 2 (3 PTS)
(0:23) [MIA] D. Jones Substitution replaced by Dooling
(0:23) [DAL] Henderson Substitution replaced by Terry
(0:23) [MIA] Allen Substitution replaced by D. Jones
(0:23) [MIA] E. Jones Free Throw 2 of 2 missed
(0:21) [DAL] Daniels Rebound (Off:1 Def:2)
(0:05) [DAL] Stackhouse Turnover: Bad Pass (2 TO) Steal: E. Jones (1 ST)
(0:01) [MIA] D. Jones Jump Shot: Missed
(0:00) [MIA] Haslem Rebound (Off:3 Def:3)
(0:00) End Period
(0:00) [TBD] Instant Replay: Overturn Ruling

We had a 12 point lead before Hack-a-Shaq and a 14 point lead afterwards. I thought the idea stunk and it hurt the team. Two lane violations and two offensive rebounds by the Heat.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:34 PM   #156
Hitman
Golden Member

Hitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to allHitman is a name known to all

I think the Mavericks season is simple as...

Everybody plays defense.

Everybody rebounds.

And on offense....

See

KGVeteran's sig.

Get this dude the ball, he is a freaking machine.

Put Your Brand On Everyone's Lips: http://www.java-ads.com
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:40 PM   #157
fifteenth man

fifteenth man is on a distinguished road

I didn't like hack-a-shaq tonight either. It seems like a better idea when it's used to slow down the other team's momentum. In this case we were the team with the energy and turning the game slow and ugly could not really benifit us.

We won by 20 though, so I guess this is nitpicking a little. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
fifteenth man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:41 PM   #158
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Quote:

(2:30) [DAL 60-48] Nowitzki Jump Shot: Made (21 PTS) Assist: Daniels (2 AST)
(2:26) [DAL] Henderson Foul: Personal (1 PF)
(2:26) [MIA] O'Neal Free Throw 1 of 2 missed
(2:26) [MIA] Team Rebound
(2:26) [DAL] Nowitzki Violation: Lane
(2:26) [MIA 49-60] O'Neal Free Throw 2 of 2 (10 PTS)

(2:12) [DAL 62-49] Stackhouse Jump Shot: Made (5 PTS)
(2:08) [DAL] Henderson Foul: Personal (2 PF)
(2:08) [MIA 50-62] O'Neal Free Throw 1 of 2 (11 PTS)
(2:08) [DAL] Henderson Substitution replaced by Booth
(2:08) [MIA] O'Neal Free Throw 2 of 2 missed
(2:07) [MIA] E. Jones Rebound (Off:1 Def:2)

(2:02) [MIA] Wade Layup Shot: Missed
(2:00) [MIA] Wade Rebound (Off:2 Def:1)
(1:55) [MIA] Wade Jump Shot: Missed Block: Booth (1 BLK)
(1:52) [DAL] D. Harris Rebound (Off:0 Def:2)
(1:50) [MIA] Wade Foul: Technical (2 PF)
(1:50) [DAL 63-50] Nowitzki Free Throw Technical (22 PTS)
(1:43) [DAL] D. Harris Turnover: Bad Pass (2 TO) Steal: Wade (2 ST)
(1:39) [MIA 52-63] Wade Driving Layup: Made (13 PTS)
(1:39) [DAL] D. Harris Foul: Shooting (1 PF)
(1:39) [MIA 53-63] Wade Free Throw 1 of 1 (14 PTS)
(1:23) [DAL 65-53] Stackhouse Reverse Layup: Made (7 PTS)
(1:17) [DAL] Booth Foul: Personal (1 PF)
(1:17) [MIA 54-65] O'Neal Free Throw 1 of 2 (12 PTS)
(1:17) [MIA] Wade Substitution replaced by Butler
(1:17) [DAL] Nowitzki Violation: Lane
(1:17) [MIA] O'Neal Free Throw 2 of 2 missed
(1:15) [MIA] E. Jones Rebound (Off:2 Def:2)

(1:11) [MIA] E. Jones Jump Shot: Missed
(1:10) [DAL] Team Rebound
(1:10) [MIA] O'Neal Foul: Loose Ball (2 PF)
(1:10) [DAL 66-54] Nowitzki Free Throw 1 of 2 (23 PTS)
(1:10) [DAL] Booth Substitution replaced by Henderson
(1:10) [MIA] O'Neal Foul: Technical (2 PF)
(1:10) [MIA] O'Neal Substitution replaced by Allen
(1:10) [DAL 68-54] Nowitzki Free Throw Technical (25 PTS)
(1:10) [DAL 71-56] Nowitzki Free Throw 2 of 2 (25 PTS)
(0:54) [MIA] Haslem Layup: Missed
(0:52) [MIA] Haslem Rebound (Off:2 Def:3)
(0:51) [MIA 56-68] Haslem Layup Shot: Made (8 PTS)
(0:32) [DAL 70-56] Stackhouse Layup Shot: Made (9 PTS) Assist: Daniels (3 AST)
(0:32) [MIA] Butler Foul: Shooting (2 PF)
(0:32) [DAL] Nowitzki Substitution replaced by Booth
(0:32) [DAL 71-56] Stackhouse Free Throw 1 of 1 (10 PTS)
(0:23) [DAL] Stackhouse Foul: Personal (1 PF)
(0:23) [MIA 57-71] E. Jones Free Throw 1 of 2 (3 PTS)
(0:23) [MIA] D. Jones Substitution replaced by Dooling
(0:23) [DAL] Henderson Substitution replaced by Terry
(0:23) [MIA] Allen Substitution replaced by D. Jones
(0:23) [MIA] E. Jones Free Throw 2 of 2 missed
(0:21) [DAL] Daniels Rebound (Off:1 Def:2)
(0:05) [DAL] Stackhouse Turnover: Bad Pass (2 TO) Steal: E. Jones (1 ST)
(0:01) [MIA] D. Jones Jump Shot: Missed
(0:00) [MIA] Haslem Rebound (Off:3 Def:3)
(0:00) End Period
(0:00) [TBD] Instant Replay: Overturn Ruling

We had a 12 point lead before Hack-a-Shaq and a 14 point lead afterwards. I thought the idea stunk and it hurt the team. Two lane violations and two offensive rebounds by the Heat.
Those two lane violations took two points away from that lead. I liked the move for the fact that we didn't allow the Heat to get within single digits before the half.

1996-2005
Old 11-11-2004, 11:41 PM   #159
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dampier was great in allowing us to absorb Shaq's damage and keep on ticking.
Damp fought Shaq on every possession. It looked more like a wrestling match than positioning for low post but Damp dug in and made Shaq work for it. Bradley played Shaq pretty well too - in fact all our centers made Shaq's night a real workout.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:43 PM   #160
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Please do not question the genius of the Nelson.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote