Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-28-2005, 10:05 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation The Contest: Annual Memberships Available

Greetings!

I'd like to announce a contest to help support this great site. I am pleased to announce that we have secured commitments for the support of at least two annual memberships. I am hoping that others may develop. Here is the deal.....like all contests....there are some rules.

The Why I love D-M.com Contest

1. If you cannot afford an annual membership for whatever reason, please participate. The more the better. I will take your word on it that there is a financial burden. You do not need to justify it, but the honor system is in place here. If there is enough interest I may do this again in an open format for anyone. For now...please just allow those who otherwise could not purchase an annual membership participate. Thanks.

2. Write up a short essay on why you love D-M.com. I'm not going to restrict the size and there is no minimum but I would think that some good thought should be put into it. Tell us all....why do you love this site?

3. Send me your submission by private message. I will send it to the mods who are going to provide their feedback to me (if they choose to do so) and to one other member who is sponsoring an annual membership. As of right now we will pick two winners. I hope that it is more. Our decisions are final and are subject to opinion. Please do not bust anyone's chops over the winning entries.

4. The winner agrees to allow us to publish their entry in this forum.

5. All submissions should be made prior to Monday, December 12th at 5:00pm CST.

6. Have fun. This is meant to help our colleagues, support the site and inspire some fun.

7. If you have any questions, please post them here. I have probably forgotten something.

Best of luck to you all. Thanks for participating.

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2005, 10:15 PM   #2
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

can I still write an essay on why I love D-M.com? I just squeezed a penny(and was a little responsible), and purchased a year.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:21 PM   #3
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

good for you EL

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 10:25 PM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I will stand for another membership, if you want to have some more winners.

Or, I will stand for a membership for anyone who will, for a period of no less than three months, use a pic of Nash, Nellie, or Bradley as their avatar. So there you go. Three memberships available. Or perhaps we could offer those up as consolation prizes for the losers in the essay contest. Whatever. Remember, for the next nine months you can make your avatar whatever you like!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:31 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Thanks chummy. That makes three possible memberships.

Let's have a ton of participation.

Good job EL....feel free to write and post it here. Maybe you will inspire someone else to write.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:15 AM   #6
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here to tell you: I am going to try to win this contest.

And I am writing a satire.

Will that count?
Old 11-29-2005, 12:20 AM   #7
Drbio
Banned

This particular judge is a friend of satire.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:49 AM   #8
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I think i can squeeze the 12 bucks out. Im really not THAT broke. I dont really have a way to send it though as no paypal account, is there an address i can send it to. I will probably write one but i have finals on the 12th so i might be a little more concerned with other things. That said, chummy if you were serious about the nash, bradley, or nellie thing i would def do it.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:35 AM   #9
chumdawg
Guru

Pick your poison, Five-O. Show me the pic, and I buy your membership. I prefer it if you post a lot, because I like to look at those glorious Mavericks of days gone by.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:32 AM   #10
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I sent you the pic in pm if its cool i will go with it, if not I can find something else but it will more than likely be a nash pic. If you didnt get it here it is.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:46 AM   #11
chumdawg
Guru

The Bradley avatar is spoken for! The money has been sent. Five-O will wear that nasty avatar for a minimum of three months, after which he will be free to change his avatar to anything of this own choosing for the next nine months. (Though, seriously, how could he ever come up with anything so bad-ass as that? I mean, let's be honest here.)

That leaves two avatars left for the taking. But I'm here to tell you, as bad-ass a picture as Five-O came up with, I'm not gonna stand for your membership if you PM me a pic of Nash stretching his legs on the sidelines in a goddamn Phoenix Suns uniform.

All Mavs, baby. All the time.

Lemme know.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:51 AM   #12
Five-ofan
Guru

I may switch my avatar after 3 months, havent decided yet but I will more than likely switch it to a dif bradley avatar or a nash or nellie one since you were awesome enough to pay for my sig plus i actually do think that pic is pretty cool.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:54 AM   #13
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

5-0:

Avatars can't be larger than 50x50. I took the liberty to crop/resize the picture:

URL: http://mysite.verizon.net/res72si9/D...iveoavatar.jpg
Old 11-29-2005, 09:48 AM   #14
Drbio
Banned

U2 is a freaking genius.

Well done chummy!

Last edited by Drbio; 11-29-2005 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:24 PM   #15
Drbio
Banned

OK...I am kind of suspending rule #1.

There will now be an open contest. At least one prize will be awarded based on need and at least one other will be awarded for an open contest. All are welcome. We need some participants!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 02:54 PM   #16
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of
Default Is this acceptable?

Is this a good pic of Nellie for an avatar?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg worm214.jpg (55.1 KB, 9 views)

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:16 PM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Nellie and Rodman .....classic.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:24 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

We need more cowbell.....and more participants.

Come on....it's fun, it's easy...it's free!!!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 05:03 PM   #19
Drbio
Banned

With the addition of the arcade this is now an even better deal. Come on folks....free memberships availabel!
Old 12-07-2005, 03:56 PM   #20
Novice#41
Golden Member

Novice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to beholdNovice#41 is a splendid one to behold

well, I'm probably not the typical participant for this kind of contest... so I better leave it for others...
but I'm in for my own membership donation and I add three more "free" memberships ...
Novice#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:46 AM   #21
Drbio
Banned

Sadly...we've had only one participant (An absolutely great submission) for about 5 free memberships (thanks Novice for piling on).

To say I am disappointed is an understatement.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:26 AM   #22
chumdawg
Guru

I'm still working mine up. Next Monday is the deadline, right?
Old 12-08-2005, 12:08 PM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I'm still working mine up. Next Monday is the deadline, right?
Correct. That will make yours, possibly EL and one other. None of which need the free membership.

I was really hoping for more. We have commitments from our great members here to provide 6 or 7 memberships (I think) as gifts and yet have no bites.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:13 PM   #24
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

=(

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #25
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
=(

agreed.

Any non-writing ideas?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:02 PM   #26
chumdawg
Guru

Screw the PM's. Here's my submission. Now give me the prize, damnit!

WHY I LOVE D-M.COM

Windmill’s sigs.

Big Boy’s hair.

Where else can you interact with a flaming gay alien?

You can play Pac-Man in the arcade. Really, you can.

If I had never joined, I would never have learned about the tragic water problem in Highland Park.

That sweet avatar Dooby used to have.

I’ve won three Sikeys.

I get a perverse sort of pleasure in listening to those who cannot comprehend the greatness of Nellie.

Some good ol’ fashioned Bradley love.

Evil’s masterful use of the adjective.

Defense wins championships.

It’s fun to watch reeds get undressed in the political forum.

Dimocraps.

Q-Star.

One time U2 helped this brother out with a computer problem.

It’s cool to interact with Mavs fans from other lands.

My boy bernardos in Spain.

Dude’s view from inside the arena.

Ticket shtick.

Mary.

One day I might win an argument from D2K. Might. One day.

The D-M.com fantasy football leagues.

I am in last place in sikey’s developmental fantasy league. Sikey’s. Last place. Let that sink in.

I’ve won three Sikeys.

Kiki’s vocabulary.

Murph, who doesn’t suffer fools gladly.

That odd sort of tension between EL and Murph.

Dale Murphy was overrated.

The two-game swing.

Hope. That unbridled hope that one night a man with multiple PhD’s won’t mail in his trade scenario in the Doc’s Shots.

Doc’s Shots.

KG, the unerring voice of reason.

SuperSpare.

KVB.

Stats and analysis from GMC.

GMC.

MavsFanFinley in the Bay area.

Raefformvp and capitalcity from A-town.

I have, in fact, won three Sikey’s.

And the number-one reason I love D-M.com: rants from the Mad Ape!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:39 PM   #27
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Chum - greatest post ever. The only thing you left out was being shocked that Savovic wasn't drafted.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:12 AM   #28
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I may switch my avatar after 3 months, havent decided yet but I will more than likely switch it to a dif bradley avatar or a nash or nellie one since you were awesome enough to pay for my sig plus i actually do think that pic is pretty cool.
I'll buy a yearly membership for anybody else (available through the Doc contest), provided 5-0 keeps that great #44 avatar for the duration of his donated membership...

-Unnecessary Edit- This is the first time I've ever really read this thread, but I now that I have, I'll say that I very strongly agree with Mr. Rhylan in his pronouncement that Chumdawg's above post (two posts up) is, or gosh-darned almost is, the "greatest post ever". Once I was done laughing at the numerous peaks of CD's brutally hilarious (adjective alert) post, I was having stomach spasms... GPE, indeed ...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 12-15-2005 at 06:38 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote