Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-30-2004, 02:10 PM   #41
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:My Official: Plan to get the Rangers to the World Series in '05

How about Sosa (DH -backup outfielder) and the Cubs #1 pitcher in the minors for Park, Soriano, and A Gonzalez?

Sign Derek Lowe, and Carl Pavano.

Sign Edgar Renteria. Move Young back to 2nd.

Keep the core of the bullpen. Resign EY, Delucci, and Perry.

This would probably increase the payroll about 20M.....but you would be good at every position, and have good backups as well. Not sure how much though with Greer, Zim, and Jordan coming off the books.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2004, 02:32 PM   #42
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
How about Sosa (DH -backup outfielder) and the Cubs #1 pitcher in the minors for Park, Soriano, and A Gonzalez?

This would probably increase the payroll about 20M.....but you would be good at every position, and have good backups as well. Not sure how much though with Greer, Zim, and Jordan coming off the books.
The payroll would raise about 40 - 50 million. Pavano is going to want 10mil and up(probably 13), Lowe at least 8 mill(more like 10 though), Renteria at least 7 mill and Sosa will make 17 mill next season.
Old 10-30-2004, 04:09 PM   #43
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Give me J Gonzalez at about 3 million or Burnitz at somewhere under 5 million. If they want more than that then screw them.
I completely agree. I would rather let some of our young kids play. We are playing Botts in the outfield right now in the AFL and hes doing a good job. Between him, Tex, and Mench we have our dhs. Dont go spend money on a guy that may not show up(fullmer). Also...i want no pary of Herb Perry. Hes horrible....if hes a FA dont resign him
Old 10-30-2004, 05:28 PM   #44
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: My Official: Plan to get the Rangers to the World Series in '05

Bring up a young outfielder and slide Mench to DH? sounds decent to me.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:52 PM   #45
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Fah Q
Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202

The payroll would raise about 40 - 50 million. Pavano is going to want 10mil and up(probably 13), Lowe at least 8 mill(more like 10 though), Renteria at least 7 mill and Sosa will make 17 mill next season.

Coming off -- Greer ??M, Jordan 4M, Zim ??M, Park 14M, Soriano 5M, -23+M w/o Greer and Zim

Adding -- Renteria 8M, Pavano 10M, Lowe 10M, Sosa 17M -- +45M

Net difference of an additional 20M in payroll........

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

Old 11-02-2004, 09:17 PM   #46
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: My Official: Plan to get the Rangers to the World Series in '05

no team will take Park till he has at least 1/2 of a good year.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:25 PM   #47
dalmations202
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FineCubanCigar
no team will take Park till he has at least 1/2 of a good year.
I agree, but I would think that Sosa's big contract would make him almost impossible to move as well. Who knows. I know I would take on Sosa's contract if they would take Park, and give up their minor league #1 pitching prospect....even if it cost Soriano as well.