Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-15-2004, 11:07 PM   #41
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all
Default RE:Official EAGLES @ "Please Don't Hurt Us" COWBOYS thread.

We need a QB like McNabb. Any possibilities in the draft?
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2004, 11:10 PM   #42
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future
Default RE: Official EAGLES @ "Please Don't Hurt Us" COWBOYS thread.

First on the Cowboy's agenda this off season: a great scrambling quarterback. A Michael Vick or Mcnab or Culpepper would be fanfruckintastic
Old 11-15-2004, 11:13 PM   #43
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

[quote]
Originally posted by: GP
We need a QB like McNabb. Any possibilities in the draft?

Until we know what we got with Drew - draft picks are for defense.

After watching this torching - Antrel Rolle is the ONLY option with the first pick.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:16 PM   #44
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I'd like to see both Rolle and the linebacker from Texas. He's the best player in the country.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:16 PM   #45
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

At the rate we are going, Terrell Owens is going to run out of ideas for touchdown celebrations.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:17 PM   #46
GP

That zone just sucked. Owens is making them look like amateurs.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:17 PM   #47
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ninkobei
First on the Cowboy's agenda this off season: a great scrambling quarterback. A Michael Vick or Mcnab or Culpepper would be fanfruckintastic
McNabb and Culpepper are top tier quarterbacks, but it ain't because of their scrambling ability...

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:17 PM   #48
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

i think he already has...he's just dunking the ball now
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:21 PM   #49
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Bring out the boo-birds.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:48 PM   #50
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3

Parcells clock management brings back memories of Dave Campo.
to modify a quote by showbe here..

"don't even mention parcells and that dude in the same breath"
Parcells clock management brings back memories of Dave Campo.

I stand by my claim. Parcells clock management this season has been nothing short of horrific.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 12:04 AM   #51
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen enough of the screens...enough of the reverses to Keyshawn...enough of the pitches out wide to Eddie George..

Well, I've seen enough of George in general.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:12 AM   #52
Murphy3
Guru

I have to believe that Tuna is leaving Vinnie in the game simply because his ego is too large to put in Henson.

Old 11-16-2004, 12:27 AM   #53
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

These sorry drag-asses better not ruin my Thanksgiving.
We can beat the Bears.
Right?
Old 11-16-2004, 12:32 AM   #54
GP

At least play Romo during the last half of the 4th quarter. No reason to risk Vinny getting hurt. He may be the best player on the team. Parcell's is getting on my last nerve with his arrogance. I understand not putting the young guys in when the defense is going to tee off on them, I don't understand not playing them when the game is decided. I never saw Lee rush the ball even though he has some speed that George and Anderson don't have. I said I wasn't going to be upset, but I'm pissed. To be embarrassed like this on Monday night is rediculous. They had some guys that could actually play a little in the secondary the last two years; however, where are they now? Edwards? Hunter? Reese? and others? Newman and Williams are the only guys back there who can play at all.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:35 AM   #55
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Is it possible the Cowboys are throwing games? Is this team really that bad?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:17 AM   #56
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Is it possible the Cowboys are throwing games? Is this team really that bad?
regrettable comment.

This team is worse than bad. The Fat man has not done a good job coaching this team...if anything most weeks he has been out coached by guys with no rings, no fanfair, and no media hype.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:56 AM   #57
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Eagles 49, Cowboys 21.....and Parcells will say its still not over.....sheesh

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-16-2004, 01:57 AM   #58
sike
The Preacha

which is more likely, that this team is just horrible or that they have quit on the Fat Man?

Old 11-16-2004, 02:10 AM   #59
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I think they have quit.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 03:23 AM   #60
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

They had the worst free-agent signing/recent drafts in the NFL. If you do both poorly your team will suffer. Parcells reluctance to play other people than "his guys" really hurts the team the most IMO. We are going to get a top 5 pick next year w/ our own pick. Doesnt mean shit becuase our d-coordinator will turn playmakers into bums, and we will probablly draft bums anyway.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:38 AM   #61
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: FINtastic
Actually, I think this team came out and played some pretty decent ball...but, turnovers and refs missing turnovers killed the team early.
After that, the Eagles offense got rolling and it was all done but the crying.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:39 AM   #62
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Quote:
Actually, I think this team came out and played some pretty decent ball...but, turnovers and refs missing turnovers killed the team early.
After that, the Eagles offense got rolling and it was all done but the crying.
I completely agree - the strip on George hurt, but the D held them to a punt. The second muffed punt of the night for that kid and the resulting turnover deep in our own end was really it. It was all downhill from that point.

For a while I thought it seemed pretty clear that the Cowboys were planning for next year - seeing how they handled the draft and all. But what I don't understand is why they aren't seeing what they have in some of these younger guys. Sure, they're playing these rookie cb's, but that's because they're forced to. I say you give each of them a whole game to work it out and see how they play - this in-and-out nonsense hurts them mentally, and doesn't give them time to show any flashes of talent. I think you let Thorton get some solid time at DE, he's not going to do any worse than Wiley. Get Henson in there - it's going to be tough and there are going to be growing pains, but you've got to see if he can regain his old form. Sitting on that sideline is just making his break from football that much longer. Julius Jones is going to be back in the next few weeks - you have to get him the ball and see what he's got. Let the young WRs get some playing time - maybe there'll be a servicable 3rd or 4th wr in the bunch. Parcells keeps bringing in former players, but what he's failing to see is that these players are getting old and worn down just like him. It's time to find YOUNG players that fit your mold Bill!
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 10:25 AM   #63
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Look at our division:

Eagles 8-1, stomped Dallas, rolling;
NY Giants 5-4, lost 3 in a row, Announce QB change;
Wash. Redskins 3-6, Announce QB change;
Dal. Cowboys 3-6, What is missing?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:56 AM   #64
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
At the rate we are going, Terrell Owens is going to run out of ideas for touchdown celebrations.

Classic! [img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img]
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 04:20 PM   #65
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

You can bet we won't get any more Monday night football games after this season. Just horrible. Just think; this was Texas Stadium. imagine what it will be like @ Philly.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:49 PM   #66
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure we will get MNF games: LOL

Great Quote -- there is always reason for Dal-Phi or Dal-Was on Monday night.

Quote:

Although the only visible boobs on this Monday night were dressed in Cowboy uniforms, the Owens-Sheridan encounter is considered bad form for an impressionable nation.

It has been suggested that naked women are an insult to a football audience. That's why most of the league's "cheerleaders" are dressed only slightly more provocatively than lingerie models. If the cheerleaders were naked, NFL telecasts may not require advertising loot from erectile-dysfunction remedies.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 06:09 PM   #67
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Windmill360°
You can bet we won't get any more Monday night football games after this season. Just horrible. Just think; this was Texas Stadium. imagine what it will be like @ Philly.
Sad but true.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote