Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-05-2004, 09:47 AM   #1
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chris Young being sought after by.......Sac Kings?

I heard it on the ticket ticker this morning. I think he (whoever does the morning tickers) said that the Rangers were wanting to give Young a multi-year deal, but Young is actually drawing interest from the NBA - and cited the Sac Kings as a team that has been in contact with him.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2004, 09:55 AM   #2
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Chris Young being sought after by.......Sac Kings?

From today's star-telegram

Quote:
Young contract in works

Right-handed pitcher Chris Young is close to signing a multi-year contract with Texas. Although he only made his major league debut in August, going 3-2 with a 4.71 ERA, the Rangers want to keep him from playing in the NBA.

The 6-foot-10 Young played both baseball and basketball at Princeton, and the Sacramento Kings are interested in him as their backup center. Young was a freshman All-America in basketball at Princeton and the Ivy League Rookie of the Year but gave up basketball when the Pittsburgh Pirates drafted him in the third round after his sophomore season.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:44 PM   #3
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Chris Young being sought after by.......Sac Kings?

Interesting...are the Kings disallusioned with Ostertag already? No doubt that Young would be a better fit, but he hasn't played in what, three years?
Old 11-05-2004, 02:04 PM   #4
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I don't understand how he could draw any interest after giving up basketball for so long unless he has shown interest in switching back & I don't understand why he would show any interest when he clearly has a decent shot at a future w/the Rangers. I'm betting he signs.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:29 PM   #5
giantbenmav

giantbenmav is on a distinguished road

his agent might just be using it is a threat to get more money out of Hicks........

It is not like he was a top-tier college basketball player.......I am almost sure I could compete for freshman of the year honors in the Ivy League [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

but he has a MUCH brighter future in the MLB

Go MAVS!!!!
giantbenmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 06:19 PM   #6
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future
Default RE: Chris Young being sought after by.......Sac Kings?

of course, his college coach and probably one of the main reasons he went to Princeton, Pete Carrill, is on the Sactown sideline. He probably would be a better fit to run the modified "princeton offense" that the kings run than Ostertag if you really think about it.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:48 AM   #7
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

We're keeping him, although DMN mentions that the Kings guaranteed him a roster spot. It's a 3-yr deal w/an option. I liked what I saw of him last year & a deal for $1.5 mil sounds great for the Rangers since it doesn't look like we're going to be bringing in too many pitchers. He can cement himself a rotation spot.