Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-23-2004, 01:44 AM   #1
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Blonde Bomber is on a distinguished road
Default My Official: Plan to get the Rangers to the World Series in '05

OK, so I was bored on a Friday night so I sat down and tried to figure out what plan of action would I do if I was Tom Hicks. I broke down everything from FA signings to trades in the offseason. And please, for the love of GOD, I don't need responses on how there is no way any of this could happen or how it's out of the relm of possibilty. I know that these moves will most likely not happen but these are the moves that I would love to see happen over the fall. Now sit back and let me know how you would feel if we could field this roster next year.............

</u>BIG trade goes down in Arlington!!!</u>

The Rangers have just announced that they have traded Alfonso Soriano back to the Yankees for [/b]RHP Javier Vazquez[/b] and other cash considerations.

There are rumors that the Yankees would love to have fan favorite Soriano back in there lineup. He could go back to second or could be moved in the outfield, where the Yankees would most likely move him. Also, there are rumors that the Yankees are the only team that Soriano would play for if he had to play in the outfield. So we send him packing back to the Bronx where he wanted to be all along...but it does come at a price. We get Javier Vazquez, who the Yankees will be looking to dump. Now Vasquez does make a pretty high salary, a little over 10 million a year, BUT the kicker in this trade is that the Yankees would have to eat the rest of the A-Rod contract that we were stuck with. Which in the bigger picture is not a big deal for the Yankees to do, but would be HUGE for the Rangers to have that money to use in FA. I know people are down on Vazquez right now, but don't forget that Vasquez was an ALL-Star this year and could pay off big being in a different environment here in Arlington then being scrutinized in New York.

<u>FREE AGENCY</u>

I would only go after 3 top to middle tier FA's. Now these 3 players would not come cheap, but were not talking about anyone close to over 15 mil a year, so with the room created by expiring contracts and getting rid of the dead weight of A-Rods deal then we should have plenty of room to go and get these 3 guys......

Carl Pavano

The guy had an 18-8 record last year with and ERA of 3.00. The guy is a #1 starter in this league and would be put at the top of our rotation from day 1. I wouldn't go to the extreme to sign this guy but somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 to 12 million a year should be around what he should get.

Orlando Cabrera

Orlando would move into the SS position and I would move Michael Young back at 2nd base where he belongs. Orlando would give you a decent bat and would help solidify a good defense up the middle.

Moises Alou

This is the bat that we need to help boost the lineup. The guy has been the model of consitency when it comes to offensive numbers and he doen't hurt you in the outfield. He had an BA of .298 with 30 HR and 109 RBI IN '04.

......that's it. The rest of the singings would be roster fill guys. Though I would like to bring back Delluci, Mathews Jr., Barajas, and Eric Young to be on the bench. You can't have too much veteren influence in the clubhouse.

The only other real change is a postion change of sorts. I would move Mark Teixeira into LF to make room for Adrian Gonzalez at 1st base. Gonzalez is ready for the majors and we just can't let his talents just rot in the minors when he could contribute on the big club. I think Tex would handle it much like Young when he moved to SS for Soriano.

So here would my opening day lineup..

Michael Young - 2nd
Orlando Cabrera - SS
Hank Blalock - 3rd
Mark Teixeira - LF
Moises Alou - RF
Laynce Nix - CF
Kevin Mench - DH
Adrian Gonzalez - 1st
Gerald Laird - C

...and my 5 man rotation w/closer

Carl Pavano
Javier Vazquez
Ryan Drese
Kenny Rogers
Juan Dominguez - the 5th spot could go to Ricardo Rodriguez or Chris Young
Francisco Cordero

Blonde Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2004, 04:28 AM   #2
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: My Official: Plan to get the Rangers to the World Series in '05

I would personally trade Soriano for Batista (the young bad ass GROUND BALL pitcher from Toronto) he has one more year on his contract. All we truely need is 2 young good pitchers. 1 to replace Rodgers and another to throw into the starting rotation/long relief sweepstakes. Don't forget Ricardo Rodriguez is due back and several younf pitchers are on the way. I hope Hart doesn't screw up the awsome job Fuson did by trading away young talent so he can keep his job longer by looking better in the short term. With the firing of Fuson and the lack of a contract with Jarmillo, I'm really kind of pissed who Hicks gave ALL the credit to. Screw John Hart. I think Hicks got duped yet again.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:29 AM   #3
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future
Default RE:My Official: Plan to get the Rangers to the World Series in '05

there is no "y" in Blalock, but other than that, you have some really good ideas that I would love to see happen.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:07 AM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

wow...you've laid out quite a plan...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:55 AM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Well thought out plan but I dont know that I agree with everything... I will try to post later with specifics!
Old 10-23-2004, 01:55 PM   #6
DCowboysGal

DCowboysGal is on a distinguished road

- I wouldn't sign Alou because he's 38 and a mediocre fielder whose mobility in the field is questionable because of a history of leg problems. I doubt he'd be willing to become a DH at this point because he's a proud guy.

- I'd trade Soriano to the Cubs for 1 or 2 of their blue-chip starting pitching prospects like Bobbie Brownlie and/or Chad Blasko and/or Renyel Pinto and/or Angel Guzman, etc. or to LA for Edwin Jackson and/or Joel Hanrahan and/or Chad Billingsley or to SF for Jerome Williams or Matt Cain and/or Merkin Valdez. If LA loses A. Beltre, they'll need another RH bat. SF needs another consistent power-hitter in the lineup aside from Bonds, plus they might trade 2B R. Durham. CHIC, LA, and SF might all be looking to upgrade their offense at 2B. As for us, our best starting pitching prospects, ie. Danks, Diamond, etc. are at Low-A and years away from helping us. R. Rodriguez, C. Young, J. Dominguez, K. Loe, etc. are uncertain prospects at best so it can't hurt to have blue-chippers in the mix too. Blasko, E. Jackson, J. Williams, etc. are either close to the bigs or up there.

- For SS, I'd sign a cheap veteran, ie. Vizquel, to fight it out for the starting job with Ian Kinsler. Vizquel, while still capable of providing good defense, would also be an ideal #2 hitter because he's a switch-hitter and has great bunting skills. Kinsler has shown some advanced plate skills as his BB numbers were good last year and he doesn't K that much. That a young hitter shows that much plate discipline already is impressive. He can also steal some bases and coupled with his potential for producing a decent OBP, that would make him an ideal leadoff hitter.

- Kenny Rogers is definitely better suited to starting lower in the rotation. He had a terrible 2nd half and his WHIP was horrendous. He'll always give up a lot of hits because he's a finesse pitcher who nibbles on the corners. Therefore, he's only good for 6 innings a game and a staff ace should be a workhorse guy who can consistently go a lot longer than that.

- I saw a few games in TOR that M. Batista pitched. He's effective going through the batting order once, then he gets shelled after that. That's one of the reasons TOR made him their closer over the last few games (the other being that TOR didn't have a better option at closer).

- Carl Pavano will probably be the most prized FA starting pitcher out there because of the year he had and his youth relative to the other guys. I think the Yankees will outbid anyone for him, not just because he's a good pitcher, but because he's a former BOS farmhand as well.

- I wouldn't mind landing Cris Carpenter, although he'll be heavily sought after too. He had a great comeback year with the Cards, plus he has experiencing pitching in the AL with TOR. He has a decent fastball and can K people (152 K's in 182 IP), doesn't walk people that much (only 38 BB's) and has good stamina, making him an ideal workhorse ace-#3-type pitcher.
DCowboysGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:37 PM   #7
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

i dont think we need to sign 2 pitchers... Between Young, Hudgins, Dominguz, and Rodriguez we will have 3 solid starters
Old 10-24-2004, 01:27 AM   #8
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

FineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of lightFineCubanCigar is a glorious beacon of light

thats a big leap saying 3 of the 4 will be solid starters.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:08 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Rogers, Drese, sign a starter and pick two of the younger kids and I'd be happy. The Rangers still have to find out about Dominguez, Rodriguez, and Young.... Almost making the playoffs doesn't completely change this.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 10:11 AM   #10
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO,

If you can make the Soriano for Vasquez trade, then do it. If not, pay him for another year -- to give Kinsler one more year to develop. If you make the trade, and free up some $$$ as well:

1) Sign Raffy back for 1 year as the DH.
2) Keep EY, Dellucci, and Matthews, starting outfield of Mench, Nix, Tex
3) Sign a veteran 2-base or SS, who hits for average, not power, and let him fight it out in training camp with Kinsler, and see if Navar can still play 2nd where he started.
4) Keep Barajas and Laird.
5) Bring up Gonzalez to play 1st.
6) Assuming the Vasquez deal is done,--- sign either Derek Lowe or Kevin Millwood (I think they could get one or the other of them). Starting lineup of Vasquez, Lowe/Millwood, Dreese, Rogers, (developing pitchers)
7) Resign the bullpen

Can Nivar be moved back to 2nd, full time? Or is he better in the outfield now? Will Kinsler be in the majors before Navar?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 10:46 AM   #11
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Quote:

- For SS, I'd sign a cheap veteran, ie. Vizquel, to fight it out for the starting job with Ian Kinsler. Vizquel, while still capable of providing good defense, would also be an ideal #2 hitter because he's a switch-hitter and has great bunting skills. Kinsler has shown some advanced plate skills as his BB numbers were good last year and he doesn't K that much. That a young hitter shows that much plate discipline already is impressive. He can also steal some bases and coupled with his potential for producing a decent OBP, that would make him an ideal leadoff hitter.

I thought of Vizquel also, but he is pretty long in the tooth also and really doesn't fit the youth movement that the Rangers are trying to go with. Also, I thought Kinsler played 2nd base....if that's the case keep Young at SS and let Kinsler play 2nd.

We also need to keep in mind that Jason Botts is about ready to explode on the scene very soon and he may fight for an outfield job if the Rangers fail to get a bonified starting outfielder in FA.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:51 AM   #12
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

dalmations---

I would LOVE to get Lowe in here, but his choice of agents keeps me from going after him. He has signed with the anti-christ and I would just rather stay away from Boras clients. It will cost us a great player later when Teixeira becomes available. There's just no talking reason with that guy. He thinks all his players somehow changed the way the game is played and wants to be compansated for it.
Isn't millwood also a Boras guy. I would love to go after Ordonez but when he switced to Boras I have since backed off that idea.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:01 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought of Vizquel also, but he is pretty long in the tooth also and really doesn't fit the youth movement that the Rangers are trying to go with. Also, I thought Kinsler played 2nd base....if that's the case keep Young at SS and let Kinsler play 2nd.
I haven't heard anything out of the Rangers organization that would lead me to believe that Kinsler will be ready for the majors next year. I would have little issue if the Rangers looked to bring in Vizquel for a year or two while some of the youth in the organization further developed.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:54 PM   #14
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

Well the MOST IMPORTANT free agent signing SHOULD BE Rudy Jarmillo, if this guy leaves it will be very, very bad news. I will call for John Hart's head. I really think this year was a great building year until Fuson left and we refused to re-up Jarmillo's contract. Hart is duping Hicks and taking all the credit, and its starting to piss me off. I almost dislike Hart as much as the Anti-Christ Agent. Its hard to develop young talent when your director of player development is told to leave town because you were just joking about letting him be G.M. next season, and your hitting coach widely considered the best in the league is told to look elsewhere for a job instead of re-uping to help the young guns develope.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:09 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

I'm not totally opposed to Rudy leaving. I wouldn't mind having a hitting coach in Texas that taught patience at the plate for a change. Most of these guys are going to be good hitters regardless of who the hitting coach is...Many of the Rangers just need to learn how to take the counts deeper and how to draw some walks.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:08 AM   #16
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

I will take Jarmillo over any other batting coach, the record speaks for itself. I-Rod was a crappy hitter coming out of the minors, so was Young and you know i could increase the list ad infinitium... not to mention Delluci and company ressurecting their careers hitting the ball here in Texas. The only common thread is Jarmillo. Who cares about counts if you have one of the top 3 offenses every year, despite the payroll? We need pitching, same song different verse. I wounder if the Rangers ever thought of moving the fences back?
Old 10-26-2004, 07:53 AM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

The list is also endless of players that did not develop any sort of patience under the tutiledge of Jaramillo. I guess I'd prefer to have Jaramillo back, but I'm not overly worried about it by any means.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:10 PM   #18
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

I have heard about the Carl Pavano rumor. I have also heard the Soriano for Reyes rumor. I think the Rangers should try to sign Derek Lowe. The rangers still as Murph said need to find out about Dominguez, Drese, and Lewis.

ideal rotation:
Pavano
Lowe
Rogers
Drese
Lewis
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 12:20 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: jayC
I have heard about the Carl Pavano rumor. I have also heard the Soriano for Reyes rumor. I think the Rangers should try to sign Derek Lowe. The rangers still as Murph said need to find out about Dominguez, Drese, and Lewis.

ideal rotation:
Pavano
Lowe
Rogers
Drese
Lewis
Lewis plays for the Tigers.
I said the Rangers need to find out about Young, Dominguez, and Rodriguez.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:25 PM   #20
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

we got another guy when Lewis was lost who supposedly had similar upside and youth, name escapes me. Where are you hearing a Reyes for Sori rumor? what was it? Whats the Pavano rumor? that we will ry and fo after him in F.A.?
Old 10-28-2004, 10:45 AM   #21
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FineCubanCigar
we got another guy when Lewis was lost who supposedly had similar upside and youth, name escapes me. Where are you hearing a Reyes for Sori rumor? what was it? Whats the Pavano rumor? that we will ry and fo after him in F.A.?

The name slips by me too but I've read where he shouldn't be in any rotation plans for next year. The 3 guys that should get strong looks in spring training are Dominguez, R. Rodriguez, and Young. It would be optimistic to think that only one of these young pitchers steps up next year and puts a grip on one of the rotation spots. I still think we need to find a #1 and #2 or #3 starter for next year, if we want to take that next step to make the playoffs. There have been rumors that Texas is intersted in Pavano and Lowe but I would stay FAR away from Lowe, remember who's his agent. And with Lowe's success in the World Series, you can bet that Boras won't take less than $15 mill per year. I would rather give that money to Pavano. So give me Pavano, trade Soriano for a proven pitcher or sign a low end vet, bump Drese and Rogers down two spots in the rotaion and let the young arms battel it out for the 5th spot....sounds good to me!!

There have been rumors of Soriano going to the Mets for Reyes, but I would pass. Even though Reyes has shown flashes of good defensive insticts, he gives you nothing on offense. I would rather go after Cabrera of the BoSox. The guy has enough offense and a good OBP to be at the top of the order, PLUS great desense at short. Then move Young back to 2nd. You gain HUGE on defense at 2nd and short from last year and it's at worst a push on offense.

Old 10-28-2004, 01:12 PM   #22
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

i agree. Scoring runs was not a problem this year, and all our young players should be getting even better. Focus on pitching and only pitching. Maybe Cabrera or somthing if Sori is dealt for a pitcher or 2.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:59 PM   #23
Murphy3
Guru

Actually, the Rangers could use another bat or two. The Rangers desperately need a solid bat at DH and some consistency out of the Outfield spots. Matthews was relatively solid last year but slowed once the AB's mounted. Dellucci had decent power numbers but hit for a very poor average. Mench was pretty good with good HR numbers. Nix was solid early in the season but slumped horribly as the season went along. Young was pretty much a stud the entire season. However, the Rangers had no consistent run producers out of the outfield or the DH that they could stick in the middle of their lineup. That is not acceptable in the American League.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:24 PM   #24
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Actually, the Rangers could use another bat or two. The Rangers desperately need a solid bat at DH and some consistency out of the Outfield spots. Matthews was relatively solid last year but slowed once the AB's mounted. Dellucci had decent power numbers but hit for a very poor average. Mench was pretty good with good HR numbers. Nix was solid early in the season but slumped horribly as the season went along. Young was pretty much a stud the entire season. However, the Rangers had no consistent run producers out of the outfield or the DH that they could stick in the middle of their lineup. That is not acceptable in the American League.
I still like the idea of moving Tex to the outfield...finding a bat for left...and stick Mench as the DH

Old 10-28-2004, 05:31 PM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

That's definitely a possibility. I wouldn't mind Tex playing RF at all if he's willing to make the move. I'm not sure that Adrian Gonzalez/s is ready to make the jump to the majors, but they do have decent depth at 1B in the Rangers organization.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:28 PM   #26
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

About Lewis, I didn't see the rule 5 thing. My bat.

Jeff Kent's option with the Astros was recently declined. We could move him to second Soriano to the outfield. The other possibility is to play Ian Kinsler at second. Josh Beckett is another possiblity for the Rangers. I believe Wade Miller for the Astros is free?
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 07:53 PM   #27
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

the Rangers have to many young bats in the orginization to be trading for a freakin DH. Lets not forget that Jordan was hurt all year. I would be down signing a Ruben Seira type player for DH but no trades that dont send us young, good pitching.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:17 PM   #28
Murphy3
Guru

No one said anything about trading for a DH. Who do you propose would be the DH on this team next year?
Old 10-28-2004, 08:22 PM   #29
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Harold Baines.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:41 PM   #30
Blonde Bomber
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
Harold Baines.

ewww, that name brings back bad memories. But I'll be the 1st to admit that I was pretty excited when we made that trade with the ChiSox. The only problem was we made that trade 3 years to late. I was always a big fan of Baines when he was in his prime with the Sox. I still love this old uni's they wore back in the late 80's.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:48 PM   #31
Jamisonite
Golden Member

i say if we bring up Adrian Gonzalez we can always switch between him, tex and mench or others at dh
Old 10-29-2004, 07:48 AM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

I think I'd rather see the Rangers sign a player for 1 year to be the DH insted of using the young players in that spot.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:33 PM   #33
Jamisonite
Golden Member

true but id rather have the best 9 possible players in the lineup. By having some veteran signed like Fullmer who wont do too much give our young kids a chance to play ball
Old 10-29-2004, 04:24 PM   #34
Murphy3
Guru

For the most part, I can't think of any of the young kids that I want playing DH. If they're prospects, then they're probably more valuable via trade for a pitcher rather than sitting in the DH role.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:32 PM   #35
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

Moisis Alou, Richie Sexson, David Segui, Mo Vaughn, or Ruben Seirra would all be perfectly acceptable in the DH role in my opinion and tey are all low priced free-agent veterans which is what I believe we should be looking for in the DH role. Alou and Segui I know for a fact are excellent clubhouse guys, and if Seirra can DH for the Yanks, I think we could have him DH here. Palmerio may become available due to Baltimore not honoriong the contract.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:48 PM   #36
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

Palmerio already resigned
Old 10-30-2004, 01:41 AM   #37
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

I think he is one of the most underrated players in this era of baseball.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:41 AM   #38
FineCubanCigar
Golden Member

When does Greer's contract clear the books? What about that crappy number 1 pitcher we have, when does that contract clear?
Old 10-30-2004, 02:21 AM   #39
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: FineCubanCigar
Moisis Alou, Richie Sexson, David Segui, Mo Vaughn, or Ruben Seirra would all be perfectly acceptable in the DH role in my opinion and tey are all low priced free-agent veterans which is what I believe we should be looking for in the DH role. Alou and Segui I know for a fact are excellent clubhouse guys, and if Seirra can DH for the Yanks, I think we could have him DH here. Palmerio may become available due to Baltimore not honoriong the contract.
Mark my words, Alou will get at least 5 million and Sexson(I didn't know he was free) will, despite injury get at least 7 million. Mo Vaughn hasn't played in 2 years, Segui and Sierra are part timers.

BTW - Alou is not known for being a great club house guy.

Great list of low priced players.
Old 10-30-2004, 02:31 AM   #40
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

Give me J Gonzalez at about 3 million or Burnitz at somewhere under 5 million. If they want more than that then screw them.