Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-06-2003, 02:34 PM   #1
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Taken from an article in Sac-Bee:

Clark, Bradley and Cuban "chat" -- Kings forward/center Keon Clark has no love for 7-foot-6 Dallas center Shawn Bradley and told him so Tuesday night following the Kings' victory over the Mavericks.

"He's the softest-hearted big man in the league," Clark said Wednesday of Bradley. "He throws elbows, grabs you, and he's even tried to trip people as big as he is. That's just dirty ball.

"After the game, I was hopping around, feeling good. Shoot, I'd just had the game-winning dunk. So I told him that he needed to box out and he wouldn't give up dunks like that. (Mavs owner Mark) Cuban saw me talking to him and said something.

"I was going to address him because he addressed me. It wasn't his concern, it was me and Bradley. (Cuban) told me to just go ahead to my locker room. And I did, but not before saying what I had to say."

A lot can be said about the article. Draw your conclusions here.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2003, 02:38 PM   #2
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Keon Clark can't even spell class. I was hoping he wasn't as dumb as he looks, but it looks like he's even dumber. I'm sure he'll do some dumbass thing that will make the Kings really glad they signed him.
Old 02-06-2003, 03:21 PM   #3
BrianJ

BrianJ is on a distinguished road

This is the kind of info that I enjoy the most. Who cares about the " the mavs will never win talk" I like this stuff better, at this point of time in the season.

Cubes has got to love sticking up for the giant mantis. It fits his personality perfectly. Expect the mantis to get a max contract now.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 04:08 PM   #4
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Good point BrianJ. Let's let them believe they're invincible until the playoff. He has no room for judgement, considering he can't really shoot, and he has never been apart of a winning team before this year.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 06:16 PM   #5
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Haha, that's funny. I wasn't even aware that Bradley was that dirty a player. I guess Dale Davis was right. I guess Bradley does dirty stuff because he's tired of people talking about what a choir boy he is. If Bradley really is doing those things to people then I don't mind Koen Clark calling him out on being a soft batch. Maybe Keon Clark can teach him how to box out properly over the all star break. soft hearted? I've heard Bradley referred to as soft but never soft hearted. I guess that's a way of saying he has no fire? no balls? sounds plausible to me.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 08:43 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

bradley has been considered a dirty player for years because of the way he swings his elbows.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 08:50 PM   #7
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Dirty? Or just clumsy?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 08:55 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

mavkiki, he's considered "dirty" ..however, he may only be "dirty" because he's "clumsy"
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 09:40 PM   #9
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Clumsy implies not doing it on purpose. Dirty implies purposeful action. I'd say Shawn is clumsy.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:46 PM   #10
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

Bradley is sooooooo clumsy. Keep an eye on him the next couple of games. You will see that every time the ball comes near him, he bobbles it as if it were a volleyball or something. I guess the hand eye cordination is so much harder for because it takes so long for the signal from his brain to reach his fingertips!! He is has the potential to be a dominate player. Add about 50 to 75 pounds, teach him to box out, show him how to secure a ball. But i doubt it will ever happen. But I still love the guy. He is pretty good on defense. Blocks a few shots, gets a few rebounds. And HES TALL!!!
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 09:57 PM   #11
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Bradley isn't dirty in the sense that he is physical, takes cheap shots, roughs up an opponent, etc. Bradley is dirty in the sense that he will purposely try to start something with a player. For example, if Bradley is falling down he will grab ahold of his oppoent and try to take him down with him. Bradley purposely gets interlocked with his opponent so that the ref has to separate them.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 11:33 PM   #12
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Clark is a spare and he knows it. He's pissed that Bradley earns more money, plays for a better team, and has better stats. From this quote, we know he's too stupid to realize Shawn is even on the court, because he wasn't when Clark had his career moment of shining glory in the fourth. He certainly didn't bother to show up when Shawn was actually guarding him. I guess dunking on Finley will have to work for now. But you have to feel sorry for the guy.. so little to talk about and so big of a mouth. I guess he must have stretched it out from all that dick he's been sucking his entire career. There isn't a center in the NBA that can't score on this punk.

Clark is a third rate rebounder, a third rate shotblocker, a fourth rate scorer and a fifth rate human being. He can't produce, so he has to bring down those who do. A career journeyman is all he'll ever be. A man of absolutely no class. Light up another joint to toast another pathetic season, Keon. You should be used to it by now.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 11:54 PM   #13
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

LOL, you just keep repeating that Mad Ape.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:55 PM   #14
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Clark is a spare and he knows it. He's pissed that Bradley earns more money, plays for a better team, and has better stats. From this quote, we know he's too stupid to realize Shawn is even on the court, because he wasn't when Clark had his career moment of shining glory in the fourth. He certainly didn't bother to show up when Shawn was actually guarding him. I guess dunking on Finley will have to work for now. But you have to feel sorry for the guy.. so little to talk about and so big of a mouth. I guess he must have stretched it out from all that dick he's been sucking his entire career. There isn't a center in the NBA that can't score on this punk.

Clark is a third rate rebounder, a third rate shotblocker, a fourth rate scorer and a fifth rate human being. He can't produce, so he has to bring down those who do. A career journeyman is all he'll ever be. A man of absolutely no class. Light up another joint to toast another pathetic season, Keon. You should be used to it by now.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:58 PM   #15
madape
Diamond Member

Here is an interview with Bradley after a preseason thumping of Clark, probably the beginning of bad blood, and a leading cause of Clark's misguided chest-thumping.

Post game Q&A with bradley:
Reporter: So shawn how did it feel to have a pretty good breakout game tonight against the Kings?
Bradley: It felt good to be able to go out onto the court and really show what I'm capable of doing...
Reporter: What about the foul trouble in the first quarter? Did you feel that you got a fair shake from the refs?
Bradley: Well when you are playing against a team like the Kings you really have to expect the refereeing to be a little skewed. They just kind of have that kind of reputation...
Reporter: So you think the referees were unfairly biased in favor of the Kings tonight?
Bradley: I don't want to say that, but I mean when you talk about guys who the NBA pumps up in their commercials the refs really go out of their way to make things a little easier on them. If the NBA can send a guy averaging 11 points and 8 boards to the all-star game they can sometimes give them an easy time on the court...
Reporter: So you are referring to Vlade Divac?
Bradley: I don't want to get on anybody's case...
-------------------
Reporter: So what was going through your mind when you came back into the game in the fourth quarter?
Bradley: Well I saw that the King's were going to try to challenge me and make me pick up a fifth [foul], but they were frustrated by our team defense.
Reporter: Weren't they frustrated by your team defense?
Bradley: I don't want to take anything away from my teammates... they really weren't able to handle Raef and I didn't think that they were capable of getting around me in the zone.
Reporter: What about Keon Clark? You were matched up against the King's big free agent aquisition and he seemed to have a hard time in the fourth quarter.
Bradley: Well he tried to take it inside on a couple of occasions...
Reporter: [Laughter]
Bradley: But seriously though, if you can't shoot a jumpshot you are going to have a hard time bringing it inside. I mean a guy can jump, but it doesn't do any good if you are going to try to disrespect your defender. He couldn't do anything but jump and I'm going to get some good plays on a guy like that. I mean look at Keon Clark. The man's a disgrace. I made him look like he came to the arena wearing a skirt and heels...

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/forums/me...;threadid=5735
Old 02-07-2003, 12:16 AM   #16
Dreamer

Dreamer is on a distinguished road

When Keon was in Toronto he was a great contributor and solid team player. Since he's left for Sacramento he's had a hard time keeping his thoughts to himself regardless of how asinine it may be.
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 06:04 AM   #17
LRB
Guru

Keon Clark is a 1st rate idiot who can dunk spectacularly a couple of times a game and have a decent to good game every 6 or 7 games on average while stinking it up the others. If we had acquired him he would be one of the foremost arguments against Nellie by the naysayers. He would have to go a long ways just to get near enough to be called far from conistent. He has athletic ability just doesn't have the talent of putting it to good use consitently. The last game against us was one of his good games. It is interesting to note that he was too dumbe to realize that Shawn wasn't on the floor to even attempt to box him out for the play he got his dunk.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:40 PM   #18
kepper

kepper is on a distinguished road

maybe clarke is refering back to last year when he posterized bradley at the aac. but of course who hasnt dunked nasty on the mantis?
i dont consider a lucky rebound and put back with 16sec left a game winning shot either but lets not burst his bong bubble!!
Old 02-07-2003, 11:35 PM   #19
Epitome22
Golden Member

Yah it's kind of pointless bragging about dunking on Bradley. It's like "join the club"
Old 02-08-2003, 12:08 AM   #20
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yah it's kind of pointless bragging about dunking on Bradley. It's like "join the club"

That sounds just like getting a "date" with your Mom, epitome...

Old 02-08-2003, 12:14 AM   #21
centrlpark08

centrlpark08 is on a distinguished road

Keon clark is an idiot to me. All he ever does is dunk and then celebrates in front of the opponents benches. I'm glad we didnt sign that idiot in the summer and hopefully then next time bradley and clark get together again, bradley could do some of that tripping and shoving again.
Old 02-08-2003, 12:19 AM   #22
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

I bet Clark was just still upset about that old, "The man's [Keon's] a disgrace. I made him look like he came to the arena wearing a skirt and heels..." comment made by Bradley earlier this year...
Old 02-08-2003, 12:22 AM   #23
centrlpark08

centrlpark08 is on a distinguished road

Now I hope that when everyone is healthy for the kings, Clark will move all the way back to the end of the bench. I hate teams with players like that, by the way why dont the mavs have that kinda player? Not like clarks attitude but like some who takes hard rebounds and goes for the ball kinda like najera?
Old 02-08-2003, 12:59 AM   #24
kepper

kepper is on a distinguished road

they used to. his name was greg buckner. and who knows maybe taw is that guy but for i think 6mil a year he rides the ir list.
Old 02-08-2003, 03:14 AM   #25
LRB
Guru

<< Now I hope that when everyone is healthy for the kings, Clark will move all the way back to the end of the bench. I hate teams with players like that, by the way why dont the mavs have that kinda player? Not like clarks attitude but like some who takes hard rebounds and goes for the ball kinda like najera? >>

Well the Mavs used to have a guy who wore a skirt and heels. His name was Dennis Rodman.
Old 02-08-2003, 03:16 AM   #26
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Hahaha... good point LRB...