Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-17-2008, 01:41 AM   #161
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

give me some thoughts on your dream picks at 22 and 28 we the cowboys hang on to them

mine
22 Jonathan Stewart
28 Limas Sweed
Old 04-17-2008, 07:52 AM   #162
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

J-Stew probably won't be there at 22 because the Texans want him at 18.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:19 AM   #163
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Are we shooting for realistic dreams? Cause McFadden at 22 would be a dream come true.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:52 AM   #164
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

A RB and the best available player would work for me. I'm more interested in seeing if they can somehow swing a deal to get Roy Williams here, hopefully involving the other Roy Williams, but not including UNC's Roy Williams because that would be weird.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:47 PM   #165
snoop

snoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the roughsnoop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
Are we shooting for realistic dreams? Cause McFadden at 22 would be a dream come true.
realistic picks according to projections off mock drafts
Old 04-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #166
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

http://withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=5558

NSFW, and hilarious.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #167
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557

Sources: Skins offer '08 first-rounder, '09 pick for Johnson; Cincy says no

How serious are the Cincinnati Bengals about not giving in to Chad Johnson's trade demands?

Serious enough to swat away an offer from the Washington Redskins that could have netted the Bengals two first-round draft picks, team and league sources said.

The Redskins offered its first-round pick, No. 21 overall, and a conditional third-rounder in 2009 that could escalate to a first rounder if Johnson and the Redskins hit certain performance levels, the sources said.

It was not the first time the Redskins approached the Bengals about a deal, but it was the first significant proposal.

The Bengals have not only rejected the Redskins, but two other NFC East suitors -- the Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles -- have been informed that there has been no change in the team's position that Johnson will not be traded.

The Bengals have noted to those suitors that Johnson has been the "second-highest paid receiver" in the NFL during the past three years, indignant about suggestions that Johnson also wants a new contract, the sources said.

Trading Johnson also would mean Cincinnati would take an $8 million salary-cap hit, but that amount could be split over the next two years. Additionally, as one owner who wished to remain anonymous told ESPN.com, "There's nothing wrong with dead money. It's cash already paid and it's cash back in your pocket that you don't have to spend, especially with the [high] amount of everyone's salary cap these days."

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow wtf. They would probably be early first round picks too. I don't see Washington making much noise this season.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #168
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

PACMAN IS A COWBOY

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:42 PM   #169
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like we picked up a 4th to replace that Pac-Man pick. Actually it's the 1st pick in the 4th round so I'm going to call it a late 3rd to make me feel better.

Hopefully this doesn't mean the end of Cowboy Monday's at Jerseyville
------------------------------------------

MIAMI -- The Dallas Cowboys traded linebacker Akin Ayodele and tight end Anthony Fasano to the Miami Dolphins for a fourth-round draft pick, a person familiar with the deal said Friday.

The person didn't want to be identified because the Dolphins and Cowboys hadn't confirmed the trade. The Dolphins have repeatedly tapped the Dallas pipeline since the arrival of former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells in December to run Miami's football operations.

The draft pick is No. 100 overall Saturday. The Dolphins have eight other picks and will use the No. 1 overall choice to take tackle Jake Long, who has already signed a five-year contract worth $57.75 million, $30 million of it guaranteed.

Ayodele has been a starter for the past five seasons and made 55 tackles last year. His spot with the Cowboys may be filled by Zach Thomas, acquired after the Dolphins released him in February.

Fasano, a second-round pick in 2006, has made 14 receptions in each of his first two NFL seasons and is expected to contend for a starting job with the Dolphins.

Miami will still be looking to upgrade in the draft at quarterback, cornerback, defensive end, guard and receiver.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Last edited by dirno2000; 04-25-2008 at 11:03 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:51 PM   #170
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand dealing Fasano away. We better be looking at the A&M tight end, or trusting that Anderson will stay healthy. The latter would be preferable.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:54 PM   #171
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

hmm last pick of the 3rd round does sound better........ Surprised at how low it is for 2 players who seemed to play okay for us last year.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 04-25-2008, 11:03 PM   #172
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I heard this on the radio and couldn't help but wonder why Carpenter wasn't given up instead of Fasano or Ayodele. Especially Ayodele who's shown something in the past years but had a quiet year last year. Then I forgot all about we had Zach Thomas on our team who i'm not sure if he has anything left in the tank but nonetheless he was a linebacker and we defintley need to look into getting rid of some of our linebackers. Especially since Greg Ellis wants more time on the field.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:10 PM   #173
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
hmm last pick of the 3rd round does sound better........ Surprised at how low it is for 2 players who seemed to play okay for us last year.
That's just how it is in the NFL. A 4th round pick is huge and its why the Cowboys wanted to get one for this draft. Its where they got Chris Canty and Marion Barber. Wasn't Bradie James a 4th rounder too? Its a great pick to have because of the type of players available. Usually studs who either got hurt or who have off the field problems. That's usually where teams gamble on those guys at. But yea players don't really demand much when it comes to draft picks unless its a star and even then i've seen stars bring back only a 2nd rounder.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:15 PM   #174
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Akin Ayodele is an Irving Macarthur kid. (Yet he's no Brian Bosworth, despite the pedigree.) Tyson Thompson was an Irving High kid. Too bad the Cowboys couldn't have snagged Michael Huff, an Irving Nimitz kid.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:16 PM   #175
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
That's just how it is in the NFL. A 4th round pick is huge and its why the Cowboys wanted to get one for this draft. Its where they got Chris Canty and Marion Barber. Wasn't Bradie James a 4th rounder too? Its a great pick to have because of the type of players available. Usually studs who either got hurt or who have off the field problems. That's usually where teams gamble on those guys at. But yea players don't really demand much when it comes to draft picks unless its a star and even then i've seen stars bring back only a 2nd rounder.
Don't forget Isaiah Stanback!!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #176
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

thanks DTown and Chum. =) those are some great names to support your points!

Is this ghost ball??
Old 04-26-2008, 09:32 AM   #177
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I don't understand dealing Fasano away. We better be looking at the A&M tight end, or trusting that Anderson will stay healthy. The latter would be preferable.
Who is Anderson?

If we want Bennett we're going to have to take him with our 1st or trade into the early-mid 2nd. I can't see that happening. Tony Curtis is an adequate back up and we'll probably pick up another later in the draft.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:17 AM   #178
chumdawg
Guru

Anderson is Deion...the Cricket! I thought our running game suffered last year when he left with injury.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:32 AM   #179
dirno2000
Diamond Member

I agree, but I don't see the connection between Anderson, Bennett and this trade.

Last edited by dirno2000; 04-26-2008 at 10:32 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #180
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Don't forget Isaiah Stanback!!
Yea I don't know what he has but at the very least its upside. Enough upside where you take a guy in the 4th round to play the reciever position when he played quarterback his whole stay in college.

I don't know what it is but I see Jerry making another trade today. Possibly to get Mcfadden. I'm watching the ESPN sort of pre-draft show and I think maybe they're convincing me.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #181
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I agree, but I don't see the connection between Anderson, Bennett and this trade.
If we are scrapping the two-TE offense, then we better have good fullback play!
Old 04-26-2008, 12:25 PM   #182
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If we are scrapping the two-TE offense, then we better have good fullback play!
Fasano was a pretty good blocking TE & had decent hands, so they very well could be moving back to using a FB... I wonder if Anderson would fill the role, or if they have their eye on someone else?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:59 PM   #183
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

hopefully the cowboys will pick up Tom Zbikowski out of Notre Dame in the 3rd or possibly that first 4th round pick.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:02 PM   #184
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

if they draft a TE in the second round, i'm gonna be sorely disappointed.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:25 PM   #185
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

The "war room" webcam on theticket.com is quite fascinating. I recommend it.

rtsp://uni6.susq.streamaudio.com/KSRC_IR

Last edited by Dim499; 04-26-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #186
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
hopefully the cowboys will pick up Tom Zbikowski out of Notre Dame in the 3rd or possibly that first 4th round pick.
If they draft one more bust from Notre Dame i'm gonna........
Old 04-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #187
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Werner says the Cowboys may deal the #28 pick for a veteran reciever. Brought up Boldin and Roy Williams. I'd take either but I don't think those teams are going to just accept those picks for those guys. Still thinks Jerry's trying to trade up to get Mcfadden.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #188
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If they draft one more bust from Notre Dame i'm gonna........
After yesterday's trade, we're suddenly awfully thin behind Witten at the TE position. Maybe the Jerry's are considering John Carlson if he falls to us in the 4th?

Last edited by Evilmav2; 04-26-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:03 PM   #189
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

There's no way the Cowboys would have done the Fasano/Adel trade if they were worred about their TE depth.

What an abject failure the Fasano pick was.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #190
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
There's no way the Cowboys would have done the Fasano/Adel trade if they were worred about their TE depth.

What an abject failure the Fasano pick was.
Hahaha... I know, but it would be just a little too rich to see the Cowboys trade Fasano and pick up another injury prone, slow, pass-catching TE from Notre Dame to replace him ...
Old 04-26-2008, 02:22 PM   #191
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Well, the draft is going according to script... 1.) Long, 2.) Long, 3.) Ryan... Now lets see if OAK is going to take McFadden at the 4 spot...
Old 04-26-2008, 02:23 PM   #192
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Hahaha... I know, but it would be just a little too rich to see the Cowboys trade Fasano and pick up another injury prone, slow, pass-catching TE from Notre Dame to replace him ...
LOL They better not even pick him up in free agency. I have no idea who he is but just stay away from Notre Dame. Especially if he's injury prone.

Oakland is up. THey could go either way. Glenn Dorsey is there. I think its gonna be McFadden but they're running game was damn good last season. They'll probably go for the bigger name in Mcfadden but i'd consider getting Dorsey here a steal for them.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #193
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

say goodbye to mcfadden.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:29 PM   #194
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Damn. Well looks like Glenn Dorsey is there. Raiders really didn't need a running back but whatever. There's nothing new about them drafting and signing horribly. I wonder do Chiefs take Dorsey?
Old 04-26-2008, 02:32 PM   #195
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Did the Raiders get Mcfadden to trade him or are they really going to keep him? Didn't they draft a running back last year? Justin Fargas, Lamont Jordan, Dominick Rhodes I mean I wonder did they draft him just to trade down.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:34 PM   #196
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Dorsey's talking to somebody on the phone, and I bet it's not Herm Edwards...
Old 04-26-2008, 02:35 PM   #197
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Looks like Chiefs are going to take Dorsey.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:36 PM   #198
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Damn. Well looks like Glenn Dorsey is there. Raiders really didn't need a running back but whatever. There's nothing new about them drafting and signing horribly. I wonder do Chiefs take Dorsey?
if mcfadden is as good as everyone says he is..you take him. even if he isn't a 'need'.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:36 PM   #199
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Dorsey's talking to somebody on the phone, and I bet it's not Herm Edwards...
i bet it is.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:36 PM   #200
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Interesting... I figured KC might trade out of that pick. It wouldn't surprise me if they announce a trade later, because they were supposedly spooked by the salary requirements of that spot, but maybe not...