Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-23-2010, 07:23 PM   #121
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
If you forgo your second keeper, you're left with whatever other people don't keep... Problem is, most people hang onto the quality 1st/2nd rounders, so you're left picking that guy who usually falls to the 3rd anyway... Greg Jennings looks like a top-ten WR this season - you can't go wrong there...

Plus, I'm pretty sure the guy who came in second-to-last isn't keeping anyone (his best player was Ricky Williams), so he'll have the pick of the litter...
And that last place guy is really boned...
Old 08-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #122
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
And that last place guy is really boned...
I'm assuming you'll keep Brady, so you're a lot better off than he is!

Plus, we can only keep 2 in this league, so I'll have to ditch either Moss or Wayne (gotta keep DeAngelo) - you'll have a 50/50 shot at landing whoever I drop...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-23-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #123
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm assuming you'll keep Brady, so you're a lot better off than he is!

Plus, we can only keep 2 in this league, so I'll have to ditch either Moss or Wayne (gotta keep DeAngelo) - you'll have a 50/50 shot at landing whoever I drop...
You don't HAVE to haha. Why are you trying to bring logic into that decision...I thought you were better than that

I can't tell you guys how pumped I am...I'm f'n ready to do some drafts!
Old 08-23-2010, 07:44 PM   #124
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You don't HAVE to haha. Why are you trying to bring logic into that decision...I thought you were better than that
Believe me, I went through dozens of mocks trying to find a way to keep both Moss AND Wayne, but I can't roll with Addai or the Daily Show as my #1 back...

Old 08-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #125
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Believe me, I went through dozens of mocks trying to find a way to keep both Moss AND Wayne, but I can't roll with Addai or the Daily Show as my #1 back...
I have been known to mock out with my c*ck out the past week or so. I'm in WAY too many leagues lol...your crack-like addicting league was the tipping point, but it's too intriguing to pass up haha.

If that's not a recommendation, I don't know what is
Old 08-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #126
Underdog

Quote:
I recently set up a 3rd FF keeper league (semi-dynasty) with an auction draft and unlimited keepers (going into the 2011-2012 season...)

Draft is Sat, Sep. 4 at 5:00 PM ET.
Still haven't heard back from Flaco, U2 or Nike about this league...

We have 8/12 spots filled, so ANYONE who's interested should contact me ASAP!

Old 08-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #127
BGMaverick9
Guru

Seriously...it's going to be nuts.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #128
Underdog

Quote:
I recently set up a 3rd FF keeper league (semi-dynasty) with an auction draft and unlimited keepers (going into the 2011-2012 season...)

Looks like U2 is on board - 9/12 spots filled...

Anyone else who's interested should contact me ASAP!

Old 08-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #129
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you forgo your second keeper, you're left with whatever other people don't keep... Problem is, most people hang onto the quality 1st/2nd rounders, so you're left picking that guy who usually falls to the 3rd anyway... Greg Jennings looks like a top-ten WR this season - you can't go wrong there...

Plus, I'm pretty sure the guy who came in second-to-last isn't keeping anyone (his best player was Ricky Williams), so he'll have the pick of the litter...
Thanks UD. I think Jennings was the way I was going to go, but there are a few teams out there that have 3 players that I'd be interested in, so I thought I'd explore every option.

I'm still going to go and look at team once more, though, just to be sure I'm making the right choice.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #130
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, guys. I'm wondering what opinion you have of Ryan Mathews. He sure looked good against the Cowboys on Saturday, and you always have to respect Norv Turner. In my main league I pick first (so also 20 and 21). Should I be targeting him at 20/21? Also, I am planning to take Johnson #1. Thoughts? It's a .5 PPR league, with the other settings all standard.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:05 PM   #131
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Hey, guys. I'm wondering what opinion you have of Ryan Mathews. He sure looked good against the Cowboys on Saturday, and you always have to respect Norv Turner. In my main league I pick first (so also 20 and 21). Should I be targeting him at 20/21? Also, I am planning to take Johnson #1. Thoughts? It's a .5 PPR league, with the other settings all standard.
I think Mathews should be solid, especially in PPR with Vincent Jackson out - I can see a lot of bail-outs going to him & Gates... The big question is whether or not he'll still be around at pick #20 (I think he's currently at #27, but he usually goes higher)... If you think you can get him, then Andre would definitely be worth taking with the #1 pick... If not, you're talking about a pretty steep drop-off with Moreno or Beanie as your #1 RB...

Last edited by Underdog; 08-24-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #132
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I think Mathews should be solid, especially in PPR with Vincent Jackson out - I can see a lot of bail-outs going to him & Gates... The big question is whether or not he'll still be around at pick #20 (I think he's currently at #27, but he usually goes higher)... If you think you can get him, then Andre would definitely be worth taking with the #1 pick... If not, you're talking about a pretty steep drop-off with Moreno or Beanie as your #1 RB...
I definitely see good things with Mathews. I don't think the Chargers will fall off the map either if VJax doesn't suit up.

I'm not a huge fan of Beanie. I did a mock last night and reluctantly had to take him as my #2 RB behind SJax. I just don't like him. I know he had a nice finish last season but I think Arizona's offense is a dumpster fire waiting to happen.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:21 PM   #133
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm going to take a guess here and say that chum is talking about Chris and not Andre Johnson.

Not that Andre Johnson is unworthy, mind you.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #134
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I'm going to take a guess here and say that chum is talking about Chris and not Andre Johnson.

Right-o.

Man, I just saw that Yahoo! has Mathews at #9 on their board. Probably no way he falls to me at 20. Crap.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #135
BGMaverick9
Guru

9th seems a little high, he's a fringe teens guy.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #136
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, and I'm not sure he's quite that valuable in PPR leagues. He hasn't exactly had a ton of experience as a pass catcher when he played at Fresno State (I believe he had 19 total catches in college).

Besides, I can't ever remember a rookie being taken in the top 10 from all of the fantasy drafts I've been in. If you take a rookie in the top 10, it kind of knocks away all of his upside and defeats the purpose of drafting him. So it's a little shocking to see Yahoo! rank him in the top 10, even if he is entering a pretty favorable situation.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 08-24-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #137
BGMaverick9
Guru

Are they ranking him 9th best overall? I thought it was ranked out of RBs...if they have him as 9th overall, they're doing meth.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #138
Underdog

Quote:

Oh, duh... The PPR part threw me off - I thought Chum was trying to do something crazy, so I rolled with it...

Chris Johnson/Ryan Mathews would be an insane RB duo...

Old 08-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #139
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Brandon Funston has him 9th on his "Big Board". Granted, this is for a standard scoring league not PPR so wide receivers aren't going to be ranked as highly in a ranking system like that.

The Yahoo aggregate rankings actually have him at 8th overall. I can't ever remember a rookie getting that much love, and there's been several over the last decade that had considerably more hype than Mathews.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 08-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #140
BGMaverick9
Guru

Brandon Funston needs to lay off the meth, that's ridiculously high for a rookie.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:46 PM   #141
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Btw, I'm ready for these drafts to finally start. At this point I've convinced myself that every player is going to be both a bust and a steal. Given that I have three of the first six picks apparently, I have a pretty good idea who is going to be available for my first three picks and yet I have no idea who I'm choosing.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 08-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #142
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Btw, I'm ready for these drafts to finally start. At this point I've convinced myself that every player is going to be both a bust and a steal.
You can't be wrong then lol.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #143
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Exactly

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 08-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #144
Underdog

Quote:

We've filled 9/12 slots... 3 more available (for those of you who suck at math...)

Last call, D-M, then I'm going to invite some other folks!

PM me if you're interested...

Last edited by Underdog; 08-27-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #145
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Friendly reminder - we're drafting tomorrow at 3 pm CST.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 08-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #146
BGMaverick9
Guru

I'm a fiend now...I did a mock draft today in snake and it just didn't have the same pizazz as the auction, damn you UD!
Old 08-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #147
FINtastic
Diamond Member

I feel the same. After playing around with auctions on the mock draft, going back to snake just seems so wrong.

I'm not sure how well auctions mesh with keeper leagues but maybe we should look into that for next year in the D-M.com league?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 08-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #148
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I feel the same. After playing around with auctions on the mock draft, going back to snake just seems so wrong.

I'm not sure how well auctions mesh with keeper leagues but maybe we should look into that for next year in the D-M.com league?
Well it'd probably turn into a semi-dynasty league like how UD has his set up. You could keep however many players you want but then that'll cut into your budget.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #149
Underdog

My infection is spreading...

Old 08-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #150
Underdog

What's that tingling sensation in my pants?

(hopefully it doesn't hold a literal connection to my previous post!)

Old 08-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #151
Underdog

Double post?

Smart phones are stupid...

Last edited by Underdog; 08-29-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #152
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to let everyone know that I am woefully unprepared for the draft today. Easily the most unprepared since I've been playing fantasy football.

That is all.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #153
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

<-- just decided i'm taking tim tebow first because he's a winner
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #154
BGMaverick9
Guru

I'm ready!
Old 08-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #155
Underdog

Ugh, I'm without internet at home for the next 24 hours - had to go to a cafe to do my draft...

Not a good start, I'm so out of the loop right now!

Old 08-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #156
BGMaverick9
Guru

"Noooooooooo!!!!"

Man...that guy must have really disliked his macchiato....
Old 08-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #157
Underdog

Okay, the draft is up, but it starts at pick #27?

I don't see the supplemental picks for the people who didn't keep 3 players - am I missing something here?

(this is my first year in a keeper league, so I don't know nearly as much about all this as I like to pretend - I'm mostly just making assumptions based on the rules...)

Old 08-29-2010, 02:33 PM   #158
BGMaverick9
Guru

It's going to work non-snake the first 3 rounds and the guys who didn't make any keeper selections will pick as normal and fill in those slots.

Look at the pick history to the side, you'll see numbers are missing.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:36 PM   #159
Underdog

Quote:
It's going to work non-snake the first 3 rounds and the guys who didn't make any keeper selections will pick as normal and fill in those slots.

Look at the pick history to the side, you'll see numbers are missing.
That makes sense...

(I mean, it killed my unexpected stiffy, but it makes sense...)

Old 08-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #160
BGMaverick9
Guru

Again, that probably can't go over too well in a public cafe haha.

Tags
all cadban all the time, cadban's imaginarium, psychic or pathological?, psychological!, return of the quack!, validate me!!