Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-28-2001, 02:20 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Like'em, Hate'em? What's your favorite?

My personal fav is Survivor. Just something about that show that gets you hooked. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. Somebody get attacted by an alligator or something.

Big Brother, SUCKED. Hate that show. Too cheese.

The Mole's got me hooked too. Tonight's the last episode. I think Steven is the Mole.

Real World and Road Rules have always been one of my favorites too.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2001, 02:23 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

TEMPTATION ISLAND [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Heheh actually I'm not really into those shows. I do watch Kathy Griffin's show on MTV that makes fun of the reality shows though. Her Temptation Island coverage last weekend was just freakin hilarious!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 02:32 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

LoL

I watch that show too. It's funny as hell [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Btw, anybody watch FEAR on MTV? I think that show is funny too.

Old 02-28-2001, 02:36 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I watched that show for the first time a couple weeks ago and actually thought it was pretty good! Some of that shit would scare the hell out of me! Plus that Asian guy TOTALLY reminded me of a gay friend of mine.
Old 02-28-2001, 04:35 PM   #5
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

I dont get a chance to catch many of the other shows because i dont get home from the gym until 8 or 8:30... but the MTV show FEAR comes on at 9 (I think) and Im hooked on that show. Its so damn funny how they think they hear something or see something. The other day one girl acually thought she got posessed. Its real funny to see the guys on the show act like freakin pansies too... I wish that MTV would plant some things in there to make it "weirder". Like actually having a guy jump out at them or something like that to totally freak them out.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 04:44 PM   #6
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

I like the new Survivor, but I agree with all of you, the Kathy Griffin show on MTV is hilarious. I was rolling around on the floor the other day watching that show.

Did you see when she did the "Why I hate you Andy" speech?? That was tremendous.

I always watch Real World too: the first and still the best reality show out there. The only thing that bugs me, though, is that everyone who is on the show now is just on there to try and jumpstart an acting career. It seems less "real" than it used to be.

Old 03-01-2001, 06:35 PM   #7
dallmav

dallmav is on a distinguished road

fear is awesome and some of the things these people do is just actually ridiculous, but funny as hell.
dallmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 07:07 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

So many things to watch on Thursday nights..Friends, Survivor, WWF Smackdown (don't you be callin me a redneck just cause I watch wrasslin ya hear?!)..thank goodness there isn't a Mavs game on tonight [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2001, 10:54 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Anybody watch Survivor tonight? That one guy(Mike I think) passed out on the fire. Burned his hands off. It was kinda gross.

Old 03-01-2001, 11:00 PM   #10
Hales233
Golden Member

yeah i saw that...what a boring episode, without any immunity challenges
Old 03-01-2001, 11:03 PM   #11
djb
Administrator

What happened to the guy with the burned hand? I didn't watch it tonight.
Old 03-01-2001, 11:13 PM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

He was working on the fire and breathed in too much smoke and passed out and landed on the fire. Burned all the skin off his hands, emergency personel came and then he was taken away in a helicopter.

Old 03-01-2001, 11:17 PM   #13
djb
Administrator

Oh man so does that mean he's off the show? Poor guy.. On the flipside, tonight's episode of Friends was pretty damn good!
Old 03-01-2001, 11:23 PM   #14
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Yep, he's off the show.

It was kinda funny too because for the previews of the show they made it out to seem like someone got attacted by an aligator. Everytime someone went close to the water I was like "alright, here it goes" expecting an aligator to jump out. But it never happened. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2001, 07:42 AM   #15
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

DUDE! that sucks! i didn't get to watch survivor last night (hot date), but i could have sworn that someone was gonna get eaten. damn advertising.

but i knew mike was gonna be gone when i saw the preview for the helicopter. i read on some web page about two weeks ago that friends of mike's said that when he came home, his hands and arms were really heavily bandaged.

so was anyone around to pull him out of the fire? why the hell was he standing so close?
Old 03-02-2001, 09:37 AM   #16
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

It's hard to tell why he was standing so close. The camera wasn't on Mike, it was on someother guy and then you could hear someone scream in the back ground. Then everybody ran. But Mike got up on his own power and ran into the water. He just stayed there screaming until the paramedic's came.

Old 03-02-2001, 11:33 AM   #17
Hales233
Golden Member

the camera guys feel asleep when mike fell in the fire...i wish we could have seen exactly what happen...i'm still somewhat confused
Old 04-13-2001, 04:56 PM   #18
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Anyone catch Survivor last night? There was a flood and it washed there camp away. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] They lost almost everything. Including there rice. lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . But they found the rice bucket down stream later [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] .

Old 04-13-2001, 05:59 PM   #19
Hales233
Golden Member

i missed it...amber got voted off right??
Old 04-13-2001, 06:02 PM   #20
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

That is so disappointing. Amber was very very hot. If Elizabeth gets voted off, there is no reason to watch at all.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2001, 06:06 PM   #21
Hales233
Golden Member

dude, amber was nasty [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

i heard next week colby and keith get into a pretty good argument...my friend said they showed it in the previews.
Old 04-13-2001, 11:28 PM   #22
djb
Administrator

Have you guys seen the previews for the new reality show called Man Hunt?! It's co-created by the WWF's Vince McMahon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] There are basically 13 contestants and three hunters (reminiscent of those dudes in the original Predator movie). The three hunters basically hunt down the contestants using paintball guns. Contestants are eliminated after getting shot two or three times, and the last one remaining is the winner. Sounds sweet!
Old 04-13-2001, 11:33 PM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Nah, can't say I've heard of it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] . Sounds enterresting though.

Old 04-14-2001, 12:07 AM   #24
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I hate all of those shows. I thought that Survivor was kind of interesting at first, but then all the others followed it. Now they all suck!
Old 04-14-2001, 12:09 AM   #25
Hales233
Golden Member

survivor is the only decent one IMO
Old 04-14-2001, 11:24 PM   #26
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Has anyone seen that show where they combine survivor and who wants to be a millionare? It's called the weakest link. You vote off team members and the one left gets the money. I didn't watch, just saw commercials.
Old 04-14-2001, 11:25 PM   #27
djb
Administrator

I've seen the commercials for it too. That woman just cracks me up each time she says "YOU are the weakest link!"
Old 04-14-2001, 11:26 PM   #28
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

"Good Bye" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-17-2001, 09:38 PM   #29
djb
Administrator

I just watched the end of that show..pretty good stuff! I swear that girls was about to cry when she didn't know the answer to that last question! You are the weakest link - goodbye! Heheh that host rules!
Old 04-18-2001, 10:08 AM   #30
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I love how mean she is. And how she encourages the players to be mean to each other [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . I'm like it so far.

Old 04-18-2001, 10:17 AM   #31
Hales233
Golden Member

anyone see the challenge last night?
Old 04-18-2001, 11:03 AM   #32
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

The Challenge? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2001, 11:07 AM   #33
Hales233
Golden Member

Real World/Road Rules Challenge
Old 04-18-2001, 11:09 AM   #34
djb
Administrator

She was the host of the original series launched in the UK right? If so, is that show still going on over there?

Hales are you talking about that Eco-Challenge show or something? I haven't been watching it. There are just too damn many of these reality shows [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Though I definitely can't wait for Vince McMahon's new show!
Old 04-18-2001, 11:12 AM   #35
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Ohh, I watched part of it. Emily threw a hissy fit.

That Eco-Challenge show is good I think. But it's over now right? It was only a 4 day thing I think.

Old 04-18-2001, 11:12 AM   #36
Hales233
Golden Member

Eco Challenge was really good, also really creepy...leeches kept climbing into the people and one even went up one guy's you know what!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2001, 11:14 AM   #37
Hales233
Golden Member

yeah, Emily was sort of a baby last night...that last event where they got shot way high up in the air looked scary as hell.
Old 04-18-2001, 11:14 AM   #38
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

".. one even went up one guy's you know what!!"

lol, that was funny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . There were leeches everywhere. It seemed like half the challenge was picking all the leeches off your body.

Old 04-18-2001, 11:15 AM   #39
Hales233
Golden Member

HAHA, I know....I'd like to try to complete it for the physical challenge, but I couldn't deal with the emotional stress (i.e. LEECHES!!).
Old 04-18-2001, 11:30 AM   #40
djb
Administrator

Members of the Survivor 1 cast will be contestants on an upcoming episode of The Weakest Link! The episode featuring Richard Hatch, Susan Hawk, Sean Kenniff, Ramona Gray, Gretchen Cordy, and Joel Klug has already been shot. According to rumors, Hatch will be the first person voted off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]