Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #41
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Man that sure was a bitch flop by Lin on that strip, that I would fine.
If Lin and Harden got fined for every flop, they would have to declare bankruptcy by season's end...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #42
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
i did not watch most of the game, but mike james has the highest +/- for the game, and dished out 5 dimes in 17 mins.

what did i miss?
He was garbage in the first half but the team was +8 anyway because Houston was just turning the ball over at an alarming rate.
Second half he got to abuse the Rockets D-League call up (Beverly) with some nice drive and dishes to Dirk/Crowder. Overall I though he played well, but he reminds of another guard they have on this team who is 13 years younger.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #43
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Collison's averaging 14/5 with 50% FG and 50% 3FG for the month of January, and those numbers get better if you include the last week of December.

This is, pretty easily, Collison's best sustained run of the season.
That's also frustrating and quite alarming to me. Rick gives a guy on a 10-day contract the benefit of the doubt in crunch time while Collison, who's played really well as of late, is benched.

At some point Rick might has to ask himself if the reason he can't trust them is because he's showing them that they can't be trusted.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #44
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you're talking about the strip from James, replays showed that he was clearly fouled.
Did he hit him in the head? Because his head snapped back like a rubber band.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #45
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Memphis 3 straight losses,
Portland 3 straight losses,
Houston 5 straight losses

The door is at the top of a steep hill, but still a mathematical possibility.
give me more happy stats like them...thems is good 'uns.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 01-16-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #46
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Mike James stunk offensively and defensively. So...
The mystery has been solved....The MAVS are searching for a PG hard if James is an option
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #47
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Just took a brief look at the stats for tonight. In the advanced metrics Collison (10.01 PER, 0.065 WS48) ranks in front of James (0.12 PER, -0.177 WS48), which was about to be expected and with that you can throw the +/- into the garbage tbh. James is most definitely not responsible for the runs they put together, he did hurt the team when he was out there.

And: Given that he got into the game late because of his "physical presence" he stunk quite a bit on defense, allowing 21.35 PER, 0.176 WS48, 4-of-5 shotting (1 three) and 6 FTAs. 1-of-1 in the 4th, 4 FTAs.

That said, Collison allowed 3-for-3 in the 4th (1 three) and 4 FTAs (Lin went 2-of-4 from the line)
Stats have Marion and Crowder as your MVPs for tonight btw. with Mayo and Dirk trailing.

Brand and Drik shot 5-of-8 in the 4th, 5-of-5 at the line. Rest of the team: 1-of-12 (Mayo & James 0-of-4 each)
Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #48
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He certainly embellished it, as he and Harden do all the time. But James did get him on the arm.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 PM   #49
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Collison stunk defensively in the fourth, he deserved benching. We lose this game if he stays in.
James stinks. (10 day contract)

Collison needs to play. He needs the chance to ride with Dirk in crunch time. Not to get jerked around.

Rick is a good to great coach, but I don't like the bulk of his handling of DC.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #50
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hate this flopping with the head so much. Lin does it all the time, Harden, Pierce...

Thats why Harden probably keeps the beard, he can fake so much contact when a arm or jersey slightly touches his beard...

btw Rockets fans blaming the terrible refering for the loss. Weird with the 4th quarter FT parade for Lin/Harden.

Last edited by sefant77; 01-16-2013 at 11:54 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #51
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Thats why Harden probably keeps the beard, he can fake so much contact when a arm or jersey slightly touches his beard...
This is a funny thought. Imagine Harden working out this idea...."If I keep the beard, I may get food trapped in it all the time...but I might get a few more calls."

Old 01-17-2013, 12:01 AM   #52
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not sure about the +/- but he delivered on time on the money passes.

He was put in to replace collison because Lin was bending collison over his knee.

Man that sure was a bitch flop by Lin on that strip, that I would fine.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head. James was miles ahead of DC defensively there down the stretch. And I'm not so sure coach would trust DC to run any sort of PnR game with Nowitzki down the stretch (tho James didn't execute well at all on that front himself, he certainly seemed to settle the team down a bit to try to run through Dirk at least).

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 01-17-2013 at 12:04 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #53
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
This is a funny thought. Imagine Harden working out this idea...."If I keep the beard, I may get food trapped in it all the time...but I might get a few more calls."

Dont know but there are three guys in the league that use the head snap automatic during every drive and two of them play in Houston.

I hope the league adds this soon to the anti flopping rules
Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #54
sefant77
Guru

Ah and did they find allready the Ball that Kaman threw until Mexico?

Last edited by sefant77; 01-17-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #55
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Great win.

Annnd I would play Roddy over Mike James every day of the week.

But hey, winning is winning. Go Mavs.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #56
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Memphis 3 straight losses,
Portland 3 straight losses,
Houston 5 straight losses

The door is at the top of a steep hill, but still a mathematical possibility.
Portland 4 straight losses. Their bench scored today against Cleveland 7 points on 2-18 shooting.

Wolves 4 losses and tons of injuries

I call #7 and #8 is a race between Jazz, Mavs and Lakers. Rockets suck.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #57
j0Shi
Diamond Member

For those interested:
  • 34 FTM and 43 FTA is the third most for any team this season and both season highs for the Mavs
  • 104.00 Possessions per Team is the 6th highest pace played this season
  • Mavs had four or more AND1s for the seventh time this season, high is 6
  • Because of the high pace it was actually the third best defensive game of the season (93.75 Points per 100 Possessions) despite allowing a total of 100

Last edited by j0Shi; 01-17-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:37 AM   #58
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
For those interested:
  • 34 FTM and 43 FTA is the third most for any team this season and both season highs for the Mavs
  • 104.00 Possessions per Team is the 6th highest pace played this season
  • Mavs had four or more AND1s for the seventh time this season, high is 6
  • Because of the high pace it was actually the third best defensive game of the season (93.75 Points per 100 Possessions) despite allowing a total of 100
+Rep for the great stats you've been posting, bud.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 AM   #59
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle on James: I thought his play at the end of the third quarter and in the fourth may have been the difference in the game. Collison was playing good…James gave us some experience, some physical strength and some toughness. I was really pleased. …I like him. I really do.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #60
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Carlisle on James: I thought his play at the end of the third quarter and in the fourth may have been the difference in the game. Collison was playing good…James gave us some experience, some physical strength and some toughness. I was really pleased. …I like him. I really do.
What?! Rick likes veteran players in crunch time over unproven talent??? Color me shocked.

*Thanks for the quote, BG.

Last edited by sike; 01-17-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:07 AM   #61
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I like him. I really do.
I guess thats called a catastrophic turnover in the coaching zone.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 AM   #62
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Overall I feel we are on the right path. I like the personality of most players on the team and the chemistry seems to be all right. What a shame that Carter can't make those outside shots anymore. Dirk looks like he's enjoying just being able to play and compete, he looks very relaxed, and thats goes a long way ensuring he's steadily improving his game. Helps a lot that he's already shooting very efficiently.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”

Last edited by twelli; 01-17-2013 at 01:24 AM.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #63
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

I'm ok with James being the 3rd-string PG and come in as a spark or when someone is injured. But to have him out there late (and some people even want him to start...) is just bad coaching!

The horrible award goes to Carter that night, god was he bad!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #64
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
I'm ok with James being the 3rd-string PG and come in as a spark or when someone is injured. But to have him out there late (and some people even want him to start...) is just bad coaching!
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pa...sharepermalink
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #65
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

big performance from OJMayo 18 Pts, 6 Reb, 8 Ast, 2 Stl, 1 Blk
and Dirk's line - 19 points, 8 Reb, 1 Blk

winning while shooting 39% / being outscored in all but the first qtr.
but I'll take the win though.

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 01-17-2013 at 08:34 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #66
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, the block from Brand was amzing late!

Add Harden to the list of victims by Marion's defense.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #67
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Mike James might be ok if you could stop him from shooting. He made some nice passes to Dirk...hence the 5 assists. Our other points have yet to figure out how to get Dirk the ball.

I scares me to see coach say he likes James. If we can pick up a truly decent point guard, we make the playoffs easy. Collison does some things well but he is best in the score first mode. The lesson of JKidd is you need a PG who can run the offense, not just score. Little Nellie, the ball is in your court.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #68
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mike James stunk offensively and defensively. So...
Carlisle's logical inconsistency with some of his rotation choices does get rather frustrating, doesn't it?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #69
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

To me, Carlisle playing James late tells me one thing. Collison is gonna be gone by the trade deadline. I could be wrong, though.
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #70
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4sevenn View Post
To me, Carlisle playing James late tells me one thing. Collison is gonna be gone by the trade deadline. I could be wrong, though.
To me it says that he just isn't good at substitutions. His rotations have always been bad. He's just such a great Xs and os guy that it makes up for it
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #71
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk was cold the first half .. went 2-8. He's hot the second half and goes 5-6.. How in the world does he only get 6 shots?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #72
MaverickOutlaw
Banned

MaverickOutlaw is infamous around these partsMaverickOutlaw is infamous around these partsMaverickOutlaw is infamous around these parts

I am hoping this streak is a Mavs streak of getting on fire,like a 10 game win streak. I know this Mavs team is not elite but it has enough pieces on it to be a 4th or a 5th seed. Time for them to nut up.

Last edited by MaverickOutlaw; 01-17-2013 at 09:35 AM.
MaverickOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #73
Kante
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4sevenn View Post
So, it tells you one thing but you could be wrong?

IIIIIInteresting!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #74
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that Mike James got Dirk plenty of good looks in the 4th quarter (10 points) is enough for me to support a second 10-day contract. And honestly, with all of his warts, I still trust him more than I do Roddy or Dojo.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #75
MaverickOutlaw
Banned

MaverickOutlaw is infamous around these partsMaverickOutlaw is infamous around these partsMaverickOutlaw is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
The fact that Mike James got Dirk plenty of good looks in the 4th quarter (10 points) is enough for me to support a second 10-day contract. And honestly, with all of his warts, I still trust him more than I do Roddy or Dojo.
Roddy how long are the Mavs gonna give him a chance? I mean he has been on club for some time and I feel like he never has got it yet.
MaverickOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #76
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle benched Collison in favor of James because Lin blew right by DC on back2back possessions. For what it's worth, Lin did the same thing to James, although that foul looked pretty "floppy" to me.

Here's the quote from RC: "Well, Lin just walked right in there twice in a row on Collison. We needed a stronger guy out there."

The other fun thing that was discussed post-game was that Carlisle gave Mayo a pretty good cussing out at halftime about his shot selection.

(the question asked was about Mayo's progress as an all-around player): "It'd be a bigger sign if I didn't have to scream at him at halftime.about it I thought in the first half he took some shots that weren't needed when he is becoming a playmaker and a good all-around basketball player. I'm sorry, it's beneath me to watch a guy continue to veer off from the path that is best for him and the team."
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #77
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickOutlaw View Post
Roddy how long are the Mavs gonna give him a chance? I mean he has been on club for some time and I feel like he never has got it yet.
I've actually been a fan of what Roddy was doing recently. He looks out of control at times, but he actually does a pretty good job probing the defense and finding the right players. If only he could hit a shot...

If he was a slightly larger defender, I don't think we'd be talking about Mike James. But Roddy's defense is still suspect against larger guys, like Collison, so Mike James would make some sense off the bench. Carlisle said the only reason he went to James instead of Roddy is b/c James' ten day is about to run up and so it's "decision time".
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #78
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
To me it says that he just isn't good at substitutions. His rotations have always been bad.
He is known for a guy that "isn't afraid to shake things up when it's not going your way." It's widely considered a plus, but I'm not convinced. Other teams tend to struggle as well, yet Dallas plays the most (starting) lineups per game/season since last year. Dirk was injured, so that plays a part, but that doesn't explain everything.

He seems to panic too early sometimes and then also doesn't play the best alternative but just the next veteran available.

Last edited by j0Shi; 01-17-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #79
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Carlisle's defends the decision to yank Collison by saying he got blown by 2 straight possessions and then Mike James comes in and immediately gets blown by twice!! and Carlisle is practically gushing about him after the game? Its just flat out weird at times.

Anyone else notice Collison throwing his hands up in frustration as he went to the bench?
I dont blame him. This is the second scrap heap vet to come in and potentially usurp his role. Carlisle obviously has "his guys" and if you aren't one of them you simply can't do anything well enough. Not saying Rick needs to goo all Zen Master and let them play through everything(god knows he loves to use his timeouts)but maybe at least tailor your coaching to the individual somewhat. Some guys need to be screamed at at halftime, some need to be built up.

Bottom line, at least some of these young guys need to be developed. For the good of the franchise. Look at San Antonio. They kept the core but were able to develop Neal, Green, Splitter, Leonard. Especially with this new CBA teams need young talent on cheap contracts to contribute. Or even just as trade assets. Not necessarily at the expense of wins, but then the two needn't be mutually exclusive.

Last edited by mac222b; 01-17-2013 at 04:04 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #80
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Good win last night, but the Mavs let them back into the game...a win streak through the AS break is a tall order, but would be sweet.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in hobbit 2?, where the trolls at?, working as extra