Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #11
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
Barack Obama, though I'm not very political, seems like a pretty damn strong candidate to me.
obama has almost no shot. I hate to say the reason he has no shot but it is kind of an elephant in the room. I dont know if you know the phrase "yellow-dog" democrat or not but basically it means that anyone with that title would vote for whoever the democrats ran for anything even if it was a yellow dog. Most of these guys are elderly white men. I know quite a few men like this. The part that is saddening is that alot of men like this are the exact reason that Obama has absolutely no chance. Obama isnt white. I know that sounds like a bad thing to say and actually there is a very good chance i would vote for him depending on how things went in the debates but he would lose such a large percentage of the elderly white male vote that is the heart of the democratic party. I just dont see how he could win.

Also alot of the support ive seen for him comes from college students. This is the worst possible thing for you as a politician because college kids just dont vote in large enough numbers. We saw the same thing with kinky friedman. college kids everywhere were all over him and then when the election came he ended up at the bottom of the pile. Thats because college kids dont vote for whatever reason. I do, but as a group we dont. Thats why rick perry can effectively end the jr college system in texas but get re-elected because he didnt hurt anything for older people. The other thing about obama is that he is pretty young for a presidential candidate if im not mistaken. I like him and think hes a good candidate. I just dont see him having a legit shot at winning.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote