Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-20-2013, 01:10 AM   #441
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
No thanks. He's a shoot-first PG if not to say a ballhog (I don't care if he had a couple of nights racking up dimes) and a horrific shooter. Moreover, I think he has a big ego and would want to take crunch time shots.
so what is your choice at pg position?

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 02:10 AM   #442
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

The backup plan incase some other team takes Olynyk. Would be Tim Hardaway JR if we still have the 13th pick.

Out of Michigan runner up from the final 4. Listed at 6'6 with a nice shooting motion as being the true shooting guard.

Last edited by yahyes; 04-20-2013 at 02:11 AM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:43 AM   #443
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
so what is your choice at pg position?
I wouldn't mind for instance Jarrett Jack. Sure, his shooting isn't stellar either (career .448), but still much better than Jennings' (career .394). And I don't expect him to be a ballhog. The best choice of course would be CP3, although I know the chance to get him is very slim and I really don't like his flopping antics.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:07 AM   #444
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Chris Paul. First task once free agency hits should be Chris Paul.

Last edited by yahyes; 04-20-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #445
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
I wouldn't mind for instance Jarrett Jack. Sure, his shooting isn't stellar either (career .448), but still much better than Jennings' (career .394). And I don't expect him to be a ballhog. The best choice of course would be CP3, although I know the chance to get him is very slim and I really don't like his flopping antics.
yeah Jack is definitely great pick but as you know he is 29 now. In my opinion we should get someone younger.I know Jason Kidd was 38 when we won championship and he played great. But Jason Kidd is Jasson Kidd and he is one of a kind and Jack is only average player.

So i still would like see Jennings than Jack in Dallas.

Of course CP3 is the best choice but with our front office i already know ,that this deal will never happend

Old 04-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #446
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah Jack is definitely great pick but as you know he is 29 now. In my opinion we should get someone younger.I know Jason Kidd was 38 when we won championship and he played great. But Jason Kidd is Jasson Kidd and he is one of a kind and Jack is only average player.

So i still would like see Jennings than Jack in Dallas.

Of course CP3 is the best choice but with our front office i already know ,that this deal will never happend

Last edited by spreedom; 04-20-2013 at 09:49 AM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #447
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Who has to get signed first in clipper land, Paul or griffin? If as someone postulated that the desired impact of the cba was to distribute max players...what does the clips do. Paul has to get his money and I expect so does Blake.

If the cba is going to work out as cubes postulated this would be the first test.

My bad I see griffin is already signed for close to max. Clips have 44million under contract without Chris Paul. Sign him for his 18million or so and they are up to 62million with only 7 on the roster. That will be interesting.

Edit: did they actually sign odom to an 8million contract? Wow
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 04-20-2013 at 09:20 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #448
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
please don't do it

Old 04-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #449
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Who has to get signed first in clipper land, Paul or griffin? If as someone postulated that the desired impact of the cba was to distribute max players...what does the clips do. Paul has to get his money and I expect so does Blake.

If the cba is going to work out as cubes postulated this would be the first test.

My bad I see griffin is already signed for close to max. Clips have 44million under contract without Chris Paul. Sign him for his 18million or so and they are up to 62million with only 7 on the roster. That will be interesting.

Edit: did they actually sign odom to an 8million contract? Wow
I think we traded him and got an exception out of the deal... I totally forgot about that. Bummed we didn't use it at the trade deadline because I'm pretty sure it disappears this summer when we fall under the cap.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #450
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
The backup plan incase some other team takes Olynyk. Would be Tim Hardaway JR if we still have the 13th pick.

Out of Michigan runner up from the final 4. Listed at 6'6 with a nice shooting motion as being the true shooting guard.

I'd want to trade down to get him... most mocks I see have him going in the mid-20s or even in the 2nd round. It'd be great to get him but I really hope he'd be acquiring more assets along the way.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #451
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think we traded him and got an exception out of the deal... I totally forgot about that. Bummed we didn't use it at the trade deadline because I'm pretty sure it disappears this summer when we fall under the cap.
The exception was renounced last summer to create cap room.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #452
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
The exception was renounced last summer to create cap room.
We renounced it right after we got it?
Old 04-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #453
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We renounced it right after we got it?
Like I said, to create cap room. Once the Mavs were committed to working from under the cap it was just a cap hold standing in the way of them putting a complete the roster together.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #454
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Like I said, to create cap room. Once the Mavs were committed to working from under the cap it was just a cap hold standing in the way of them putting a complete the roster together.
Did not know that! Thanks for clarifying.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #455
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course there is only 1 Dirk. But he needs someone under his wing to mentor. That is why I think Olynyk has good hope learning from Dirk. I'd even consider Holger to help training him. If the option of drafting him is still on the table. Dirk says he will be in the draft room with Donnie to help.

Here is a mix of Olynyk. Nice followthrough in his shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbqIfvu79NQ
That foot speed is terrible. God.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #456
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I really don't think the Mavs will draft a center who isn't known for defense. Olynyk isn't a great rebounder either. My bet is still on Dieng if they draft a center.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #457
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I really don't think the Mavs will draft a center who isn't known for defense. Olynyk isn't a great rebounder either. My bet is still on Dieng if they draft a center.
The more I read about his game, the more I'm inclined to agree.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #458
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
I wouldn't call Olynyk an center in this league. He's got the Pau Gasol movements. He can definitely play the power forward spot.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #459
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Let's be honest here, though. Do we really think Donnie's going to be able to resist drafting Giannis?
Old 04-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #460
He15man

He15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to allHe15man is a name known to all

Im assuming its a long shot considering Dallas doesn't have the trade assets to do it, but would they ever try to trade up and draft Nerlens Noel?

Being a Florida Gator fan i saw Noel a lot and the guy was a blocking machine, a really good defender.

Not much of an offensive player though, not like Anthony Davis was coming out.

I'm not so sure about Olynek or however you spell his name, he has size, but he played for Gonzaga which is a small school and he didn't go against good competition most of the season.

As a Gator fan i hope Calathes ends up starting for Dallas and having a great career.

Calathes was in the same high school recruiting class as Chandler Parsons on Houston, and many believed Calathes was the better player coming out.
He15man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #461
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone seen a shawn marion exit interview? I've seen just about everyone else.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #462
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's be honest here, though. Do we really think Donnie's going to be able to resist drafting Giannis?
Ugh, I hope not. That guy is a loooong term project imo.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #463
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Ugh, I hope not. That guy is a loooong term project imo.
Definitely a developmental pick rather than a help-now one. If you take him I think you probably need to be prepared to invest a good solid year in nothing but strength training, defensive drills and refinement of his shooting form. But the upside is quite fascinating. And if anyone in this draft is a Nelson family cream-dream, he is.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #464
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Definitely a developmental pick rather than a help-now one. If you take him I think you probably need to be prepared to invest a good solid year in nothing but strength training, defensive drills and refinement of his shooting form. But the upside is quite fascinating. And if anyone in this draft is a Nelson family cream-dream, he is.
Oh I agree. I'd be more interested if he wasn't ridiculously thin. Just don't see how he'll build much muscle on that frame.

That's also a pick that gets you fired if he is bust.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-20-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #465
dude1394
Guru

I don't know how much picks cost these days but cubes should buy some and stash em.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #466
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
Dennis Schröder is entering the draft. Highly talented German guard. Worth a look?
Maybe someone who follows German basketball can share how good he is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-42vOzxQZN4

Looks smooth and has range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqqyaR2AXoM

I like him. He looks like an exciting player to watch, even if he has a lot to improve. But then, we have seen how Roddy has struggled to become better after wowing everyone as a rookie.
A really, really promising prospect. I would totally endorse the Mavs drafting him, however, there's almost zero chance of that happening.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #467
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sure, because it is entirely up to the front office to decide whether Paul comes here or not.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #468
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Has anyone seen a shawn marion exit interview? I've seen just about everyone else.
He didn't have one. Same for Kaman, Sarge, Jared, Roddy, Mike James etc.

And no, don't read into the fact he didn't have an exit interview.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #469
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Sure, because it is entirely up to the front office to decide whether Paul comes here or not.
of course but i mean that our front office can not do anything to bring him here.Just like with Deron (i am sure you know this case)

Last edited by 41mvp; 04-20-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #470
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

There are a lot of youtube highlight studs.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #471
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't know how much picks cost these days but cubes should buy some and stash em.
Buying picks is unfortunately not a general strategy of much utility because of the annual cap on payoffs under the new CBA. Worth it if there's someone in particular that you really like, but it can limit your flexibility in subsequent dealings so you probably don't want to do it just to build up the number of picks in your vault.

It will be interesting to see if the Mavs try to bring Calathes over, though.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #472
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Buying picks is unfortunately not a general strategy of much utility because of the annual cap on payoffs under the new CBA. Worth it if there's someone in particular that you really like, but it can limit your flexibility in subsequent dealings so you probably don't want to do it just to build up the number of picks in your vault.

It will be interesting to see if the Mavs try to bring Calathes over, though.
Talking to people, it doesn't sound incredibly likely. Even if its a subpar league he's playing in now, literally everything is taken of for him financially while he's there. Sometimes, the money and situation probably makes too much sense for someone to leave. It sounds like that might be the case for him. Could change, but that seems to be where things are currently.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #473
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd hate to see Paul here. I cannot stand the way he plays. Such a flopping douche and always complaining to the refs. Mavs don't stand for that in my mind
Old 04-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #474
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Dirk cries as much as anyone these days to be honest.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #475
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I'd hate to see Paul here. I cannot stand the way he plays. Such a flopping douche and always complaining to the refs. Mavs don't stand for that in my mind
Yeah, when he's against the Mavs it becomes irritating. But having one of the best point guards in the league alongside Dirk would be a revamp. I'm almost all for giving him the max contract. The contract we passed on Deron Williams.

Last edited by yahyes; 04-20-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #476
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
He didn't have one. Same for Kaman, Sarge, Jared, Roddy, Mike James etc.

And no, don't read into the fact he didn't have an exit interview.
Thanks BG... Just wanted to hear his perspective on the season. He was the most critical of things next to Carlisle.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #477
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Talking to people, it doesn't sound incredibly likely. Even if its a subpar league he's playing in now, literally everything is taken of for him financially while he's there. Sometimes, the money and situation probably makes too much sense for someone to leave. It sounds like that might be the case for him. Could change, but that seems to be where things are currently.
Does it seem like the pessimism is specific to this summer? Or is it that the ship has sailed on him coming to the NBA anytime in the forseeable future?

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 04-20-2013 at 06:14 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #478
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

And Corey brewer scores 8 straight points...we suck at recognizing talent when its in front of us
Old 04-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #479
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Does it seem like the pessimism is specific to this summer? Or is it that the ship has sailed on him coming to the NBA anytime in the forseeable future?
Both. Again, things could change, but from who I talked to, it sounds like it's a situation he likes (being over there).
Old 04-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #480
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Both. Again, things could change, but from who I talked to, it sounds like it's a situation he likes (being over there).
Well, little bit of a bummer, that. Mavs could use some new young blood at point.

On a related note, I'm kinda curious: any chatter about Roddy's future?

Tags
cad von ghostymooglebane, moogleghostfacechamp, ummmm