Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-16-2001, 11:00 AM   #41
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

The Grace situation shows me the moronic behavior of the Cubs. They were saying they didn't want to pay Grace the money because they were a few years away, etc. etc. They bring in Stairs and he doesn't give Sosa the protection they were looking for. Grace would have taken a two year deal from the Cubs and the Cubs will end up spending MORE for McGriff than they would have spent on Grace. That entire McGriff issue would have never been an issue if they kept Grace. Look at the numbers Grace is putting up this year? That's why I'm glad I'm not a cubs fan, the Tribune Company showed why they didn't really care about putting a winning product on the field. If Don Baylor hadn't INSISTED they go after McGriff, don't think for ONE MINUTE the higher ups would have pursued it.
Old 08-16-2001, 01:27 PM   #42
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

That player who knocked Terrell Owens on his ass was George Teague. Owens had that coming. That was stepping way over the line. Celebration is one thing- disrespecting your oponent is bullshit. Im actually surprised the whole Cowboy team wasnt on him...
Old 08-18-2001, 03:29 PM   #43
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

actually, i think sosa getting hit in the head every once in awhile and having bench clearing brawls would bring more fans to the game than that dumbass and his gay-ass jestures.

drill him in the ribs...have the catcher run his spikes down sammy's calf...that will get the fans involved.
and i wouldn't blame any pitcher for drilling sosa after the b.s. he pulls after homeruns..

and thekid, saying gonzalez hasn't been doing it as long or consistently.... what the hell have you been watching?
two time mvp..a couple of home run titles..close to 400 homeruns... apparently he's been doing it as long and just about as consistently as anyone else that has been mentioned, besides mcgwire, who came into the league a bit earlier
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 03:29 PM   #44
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

OK...I've been out of this discucion for a while. That Ordonez bs pissed me off so bad. I saw that game and when he got in the dug-out he blew kisses at the camera too. The anouncers didn't hardly say one word about it. One guy said "Was Ordonez doing a little Sammy there?" and the other guy didn't answere and that was the end of it.
Murph...you left one major name off of you classy athelet list. Barry Sanders was the classiest player EVER!
On a side note...has anyone seen Sammy and Griffey's Pepsi commercial? It's pretty retarded, they have Sosa in the Red's dugout. Plus Griffey couldn't even think about punkin' Sammy like that in real life.
Old 08-20-2001, 01:03 PM   #45
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

hey murph, i think they were talking about luis gonzalez, not juan. cause juan seems cocky, too.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:54 PM   #46
TheKid
Diamond Member

Thanks Big Boy I thought I was crazy for a minute because I don't recall Luis Gonzalez getting two MVP's. Also Murph, it's obvious you don't like Sosa, which is OK because I don't like Griffey. So the same way you feel about Sosa, I feel about Griffey, however I still don't think either tries to show the pitcher up.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:58 PM   #47
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ok, for further clarification, Juan is "Juan-Gone", Luis is "LuGo", and i guess they both could be "Gonzo."

if that helps at all.
Old 08-20-2001, 04:07 PM   #48
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm just used to rangers announcers reffering to jgonzalez as gonzo, or juando
Old 08-20-2001, 09:39 PM   #49
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

"thekid" doesnt like "THEKID"? GO figure...Kid, you should be proud of the name you picked. After all, he is the best there has ever been...lol..ok, maybe not- but damn close...
Old 08-21-2001, 09:53 AM   #50
Murphy3
Guru

yeah..even though griff is having an off year...i'd take him over sosa anyday as well..
Old 08-21-2001, 10:51 AM   #51
TheKid
Diamond Member

I don't like him because you talk about someone being an ass to reporters, he's DEFINATELY one!!!! Now I understand sometimes it happens, but all the time he's a jackass to them and that's just not cool. Then he said he would NEVER play for the Yankees. So I thought he had a legitimate reason, his reason was, "when my dad played for the yankees, they were the only team that wouldn't let me come on the field with them during practice." People thinks he was playing, he was SERIOUS!!!! Now that's BULLSHIT!!!!!

However I'm not taking anything away from him, he's good, I don't dispute that. The guy is GREAT!!!!
Old 08-21-2001, 07:00 PM   #52
reeds
Golden Member

Hey- Kids remember stuff like that. He feels the organization wasnt fair to him by not letting him on the field? Maybe it sounds strange, but if you were in his shoes maybe you would feel the same way? The Yankees are pricks anyways- what would it have hurt to let the kid on the field anyway? Most players kids get to be ballboys if they want- but they wont let Jr on the field? PRICKS
Old 08-22-2001, 05:40 PM   #53
Murphy3
Guru

maybe he thinks that they wouldn't let him on as a kid...so they might not let his kids on the field...and maybe that's important to him
Old 08-23-2001, 09:28 AM   #54
TheKid
Diamond Member

Doesn't matter he's a bitch and I don't like him. I wouldn't be mad if he got a ball to the ribs.
Old 08-28-2001, 06:11 PM   #55
reeds
Golden Member

A bitch??? your man FRANK THOMAS is a flash in the pan BITCH!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2001, 05:31 PM   #56
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I don't know where to put this, but is Sammy not having the most wonderful month!? Not only has he rocketed into the homerun race, but also the MVP race, plus the Cubs have a half game lead in the wild card. I'm on cloud nine.

But I also gotta give Griffey props lately.
Old 08-30-2001, 05:50 PM   #57
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Put a fork in 'em. The Cubbies a done.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 06:00 PM   #58
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Wait and see. Remember last time Sammy was chasing the homerun title and the Cubs were doing OK (98). They made it into the wild card spot after an extra game against San Fran and Sosa won the MVP. Dejevu?