Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-24-2004, 11:44 AM   #41
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Nader rips Kerry as "Gutless, Spineless, Clueless and Hapless"

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
Quote:
Originally posted by: Mavdog
so you see that those whose chad didn't fall or the machine kicked out vote is not worth the same as the rest?

pathetic.

everybody's vote should be counted, every vote is worth the same as any other's.
Again a general recount would have solved that problem. In fact it would have solved problems in other counties where the vote was miscounted. Why selectively correct the problem?
A general recount was the basis for the SCOTUS decision favoring Bush. in their majority opinion, they determined that there was not consistent standards from county to county on the recounts, violating the equal protection clause (if my memory is correct).
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2004, 12:02 PM   #42
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Nader rips Kerry as "Gutless, Spineless, Clueless and Hapless"

^
|
|

Continues to sache and sidestep like a true kerry loving bitch
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 05:21 PM   #43
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB

So you admit that Kerry and the DNC are unethical in attacking Bush's National Guard record?
I wouldn't call <u>both parties </u>resurrection of the candidate's military records as "unethical" as much as counterproductive.
So you admit that you can't think of even one instance where the DNC behaved unethically in your opinion? I would call that blind partisanship. There is really no since even arguing further with you if you have totally closed your mind to the possibility that the DNC has ever done something unethical, and I believe this to be evidenced by your inability to name even one instance of unethical conduct by the DNC in the past 35 years.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:28 PM   #44
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
no KG, the DNC is acting out of self interest
Thank you for that admission.

No further questions for this witness, your honor.

Old 09-24-2004, 05:34 PM   #45
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

*giggle*
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 06:27 PM   #46
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you admit that Kerry and the DNC are unethical in attacking Bush's National Guard record?
I wouldn't call <u>both parties </u>resurrection of the candidate's military records as "unethical" as much as counterproductive.
So you admit that you can't think of even one instance where the DNC behaved unethically in your opinion? I would call that blind partisanship. There is really no since even arguing further with you if you have totally closed your mind to the possibility that the DNC has ever done something unethical, and I believe this to be evidenced by your inability to name even one instance of unethical conduct by the DNC in the past 35 years.
What? I seem to have missed your question.
First, i have supported and voted for demos, repubs and others. I don't have allegiance to any party.
23 years? So that's '81.
As far as the DNC itself, I really can only think of the attempts to silence Flowers, Jones et al. I can think of only one violation by the RNC, and that's the Willie Horton ad. The Byrd/NAACP ad is the most unethical I can think of.
With ethics, politics has a much wider field to play in IMHO.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:30 PM   #47
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:

everything you do is based on self interest in one way or another. Why would this be any revelation?
Old 09-24-2004, 08:07 PM   #48
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Quote:

everything you do is based on self interest in one way or another. Why would this be any revelation?
At first I understood you to take the position that the Democrats were just altruistically seeking to "uphold the rule of law." Perhaps I misunderstood your original position. Either way, my point was that the Democrats are trying to take votes away from Nader with legal maneuvering rather than by putting forth a candidate who will lure away Nader's potential voters. That, to me at least, is cowardly and hypocritical.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:51 PM   #49
Mavdog
Diamond Member

altruism? antithetical to politics.

how is the DNC "cowardly and hypocritical" in utilizing legal means to keep nader off the ballot but the RNC is not when they are supporting a candidate they abhor?