Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Video of Dirk walking off?

Anyone have video of ditching Doris Burke and the celebration at midcourt?

This was probably one of my favorite moments as a Mavs fan. I absolutely love Dirk (and this team's) mentality right now. They've got a chip on their shoulders and won't settle for anything but a ring!

The NBA Finals can't get here soon enough. FOUR MORE WINS!!!
robo98564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
robo98564

robo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of lightrobo98564 is a glorious beacon of light

Nevermind, found it... Although if someone has it on youtube, thats even better

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketba...ny-video/70238
Old 05-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Loved that tweet:

http://twitter.com/#!/HoopsQuotes/st...98103663550465

Quote:
Doris, they are not going to celebrate they are going to practice.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

@SportsSturm: Dirk's walk off - EPIC http://youtu.be/N656LhZTMjE
Old 05-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #5
robo98564

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Awesome, thanks! Rep your way.

Looking forward to JET's explanation of it all coming up here in about 30 on the little ticket!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I love how she goes to talk to Dirk, no Dirk... Okay, how about Kidd? No Kidd...

The entire team followed Dirk off the court - that's what really made the moment special. They're in this together.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

I love how Doris was left alone on the podium like uhhh.... lol.

I bet she hates the Mavs now for embarrasing her.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 05-26-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Along these same lines, anyone have video or a still image of dirk after he hit the 3? Walking back toward the defensive end of the court, arms raised, with the fans' "DIRK" sign framed between his arms over his head?

That was an AWESOME shot.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously.. it's a major freaking presentation.. Couldn't you wear something decent Dirk? I mean, shorts, t-shirt and a hat?.. are you serious?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
Along these same lines, anyone have video or a still image of dirk after he hit the 3? Walking back toward the defensive end of the court, arms raised, with the fans' "DIRK" sign framed between his arms over his head?

That was an AWESOME shot.
There's one here

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2011...ricks-100.html
Old 05-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #11
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

I guess those 3 fingers are his new trademark....Ghostface Drillah!
Old 05-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #12
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

Quote:
But, as Mark Cuban and Rick Carlisle were being interviewed, the cameras caught Dirk first getting a blank stare on his face, and then saw him turn around, and leave the arena. Nobody understood where he was going when it happened. But, then it clicked. And it gave chills to anyone who has every pulled for that guy to get that title that drives him.

He was done with this moment. He was happy, but he wasn't interested in giving anyone the impression that his mission was accomplished. He was ready to move on. And he wasn't even going to wait for his coach to end his interview with ESPN.

Instead, he left. And his teammates didn't need anyone to instruct them what to do. They do what they have done this entire playoff. They followed their leader. In moments, the entire team had exited the stage. Even though they have days before they engage in the final battle of the war, they were heading back to the room to symbolically move on, too. It was a moment in time that will not be forgotten. It was the moment that best demonstrates how much Dirk has changed over the years. The unassuming fellow who just loves the sport has grown into the leader who is driven by victory and for the moment to personally vanquish his enemies. He has grown into that William Wallace figure that his detractors said he could never be.
Love this.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #13
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
It's the "Nowitzki V" b*tches!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #14
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

From the man himself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @swish41
Big thx to all the mavs fans everywhere. On to the finals. Aac was a madhouse yesterday. Gotta stay humble and hungry once more. Bleed blue
Old 05-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #15
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
From the man himself:
Bleed Blue indeed!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #16
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

none of those vids show him stepping over the table though, i saw it earlier on espn
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #17
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Just an honest question: Dirk walking out just a coincidence? (Gotta pee, I'm bored, I think she's done with the award?) vs. an actual thought out - this is for leadership and humility? I know this story seems symbolic, inspiring and all, but I really wonder if it really happened this way. Did his team mates chime in or something? To me on the video, everything just seems chaotic...and ESPN just didn't do a good job of organizing, holding on to players for interviews...
Old 05-26-2011, 03:40 PM   #18
Blackspider

Blackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of lightBlackspider is a glorious beacon of light

I was at the game but it was kind of hard to tell what was going on without seeing the broadcast side of it. And the fact that I had so much liquor in me and was still screaming every 10 seconds.

But I did see them walk off the court together following Dirk. But I just assumed they were done. I didn't know until I got home they left mid celebration.

So the Heat celebrate 2nd round conference wins and cry and celebrate getting up 3-1 and we treat the WCF champs as business as usual and hey, lets get ready for the next series.

This team continues to amaze. My favs Mavs team ever!
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa View Post
Just an honest question: Dirk walking out just a coincidence? (Gotta pee, I'm bored, I think she's done with the award?) vs. an actual thought out - this is for leadership and humility? I know this story seems symbolic, inspiring and all, but I really wonder if it really happened this way. Did his team mates chime in or something? To me on the video, everything just seems chaotic...and ESPN just didn't do a good job of organizing, holding on to players for interviews...
Not a chance. He was done with that trophy before he ever touched it! The only reason he was part of it imo was for picture ops and his teammates that haven't been there before. You could see in his face that his mind was elsewhere.

I personally can't imagine not succeeding after this journey. It's too perfect.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #20
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Yep, this is it. I want high-res!

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-26-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #21
iella
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Not a chance. He was done with that trophy before he ever touched it! The only reason he was part of it imo was for picture ops and his teammates that haven't been there before. You could see in his face that his mind was elsewhere.

I personally can't imagine not succeeding after this journey. It's too perfect.
He was already trying to walk away as Cuban was hoisting the trophy. Cubes had to grab his arm and to force him to take the trophy for a photo-op moment.

My heart aches for Dirk. I can't think of very many other things I want more in life right now than for Dirk to get his ring.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #22
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
He was already trying to walk away as Cuban was hoisting the trophy. Cubes had to grab his arm and to force him to take the trophy for a photo-op moment.

My heart aches for Dirk. I can't think of very many other things I want more in life right now than for Dirk to get his ring.
Seriously. Anything less at this point would be heartbreaking.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #23
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Peace, bitches. I got shit to do.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #24
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

They left the trophy on the floor. They had to remind jet to take it away. They said 'take dat wit chew, jet'.

Last edited by Windmill360; 05-26-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #25
kenny_817

kenny_817 is infamous around these parts

Amazing
kenny_817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:40 PM   #26
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

We need an animated gif of dirk walking into the tunnel.

If the one 2 posts above mine is already one, sorry, not coming up as one on my blackberry.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #27
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
The reason he does this is because Germans (and other Europeans) count to five starting with their thumb and ending on their pinky where as Americans count to five starting with their pointer finger and ending with their thumb. When we show someone the number 2 we show them a "peace" sign. Europeans show them an "L."

Not joking. In fact if you look at Peja right after the shot he does the same thing.

http://lostintransit.org/archives/000582.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finger_counting

Last edited by MascisMan; 05-26-2011 at 09:04 PM.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #28
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Note done yet, baby. It'll be a tough task but you know these guys will give it everything they have.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #29
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MascisMan View Post
The reason he does this is because Germans (and other Europeans) count to five starting with their thumb and ending on their pinky where as Americans count to five starting with their pointer finger and ending with their thumb. When we show someone the number 2 we show them a "peace" sign. Europeans show them an "L."

Not joking. In fact if you look at Peja right after the shot he does the same thing.

So this is the wrong way to do it in Europe?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #30
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackspider View Post
I was at the game but it was kind of hard to tell what was going on without seeing the broadcast side of it. And the fact that I had so much liquor in me and was still screaming every 10 seconds.

But I did see them walk off the court together following Dirk. But I just assumed they were done. I didn't know until I got home they left mid celebration.

So the Heat celebrate 2nd round conference wins and cry and celebrate getting up 3-1 and we treat the WCF champs as business as usual and hey, lets get ready for the next series.

This team continues to amaze. My favs Mavs team ever!
I have no problems with the Heat celebrating against Celtics because the BIG 2 have had some heartbreaking games against the Celts. They got the monkey off their back. The Heat have been more cohesive in the playoffs than at any point in the regular season. They are putting in off the court the work just like the Mavs. There's nothing wrong with enjoying the moment. You just don't won't to live in the moment especially when there are more games to be played.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #31
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MascisMan View Post

Idk why but I grew up doing the same thing starting with my thumb....I'm from Texas.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #32
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

So where did stevenson grow up?

Old 05-26-2011, 09:46 PM   #33
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
So where did stevenson grow up?

Must be mars...or on a pirate ship.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote