Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs by 20+ 2 15.38%
Mavs win by 10-19 2 15.38%
Mavs win by 1-9 4 30.77%
Mavs lose by 1-9 1 7.69%
Mavs lose by 10-19 3 23.08%
Mavs lose by 20+ 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2021, 12:54 AM   #281
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayinem View Post
Not that this is at all likely but technically the Lakers could still beat the Suns and then beat Denver, then Mavs beat Jazz and Mavs would have HCA. And I'm not sure about the Finals but pretty clearly one of Nets Bucks or Sixers will win the East (not sure about Embiid though) I haven't looked at the records but they'd probably have HCA I'm assuming. I couldn't see us beating the Nets every game on the road. But it is a funny scenario to discuss.
I think Milwaukee is the best team of the 3

Those two additions of Tucker and Holiday for this years playoffs was a great move by them

I initially thought Philly but then Embiid started getting hurt down the stretch and now in the Playoffs so I'd be cautious of them now.

I never believed in Brooklyn because to me I think there defense is going to be their down fall.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2021, 01:23 AM   #282
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Ngl I’m happy to not see Demarcus Cousins on the floor. Kennard can get off too at times but doesn’t see the floor.

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-03-2021 at 01:24 AM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:27 AM   #283
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I think Milwaukee is the best team of the 3

Those two additions of Tucker and Holiday for this years playoffs was a great move by them

I initially thought Philly but then Embiid started getting hurt down the stretch and now in the Playoffs so I'd be cautious of them now.

I never believed in Brooklyn because to me I think there defense is going to be their down fall.
I think Milwaukee looks like the team to beat— the upgrade from Bledsoe to Holiday can’t be overstated and Tucker is still a tough defender. I HATE the flopping Beard flopper, Cupcake and whatever the heck Kyrie is, just a general ego-maniacal holier than thou jerk I guess. I don’t want them to win but they have three guys who will beg for and get superstar calls and all 3 are shot makers and playmakers. And somehow they got to hold on to Joe Harris in that Harden trade. It wouldn’t surprise me to see them come out of the East.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:32 AM   #284
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Ngl I’m happy to not see Demarcus Cousins on the floor. Kennard can get off too at times but doesn’t see the floor.
That Kennard deal looks silly now. Maybe he’ll be better with an off-season to integrate. I think Morris got crazy money too.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:32 AM   #285
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I think if they lose this series people will question Lue's decisions to sit Kennard especially after they gave him that phat contract.

His defense might be a problem which is why I think they don't use him but he's a deadly shooter when left open.

So, I'm glad KL and PG don't have him as an option to draw and kick out to on the perimeter.

If he was next to Luka he'd be a knockout shooter LOL
Old 06-03-2021, 01:39 AM   #286
Dallas41
Diamond Member

411 inches: the combined height of the starting lineup
Speaking of adjustments, Rick caused a bit of a pre-game kerfuffle among the Maverick’s Twitter contingent when word got out that he was planning on starting seldom-used but always beloved big man Boban Marjanovic alongside the equally towering Kristaps Porzingis. The second and third tallest active players in the league contributed over 175 inches, or 42%, of what was the second tallest postseason starting lineup in the last 40 years.

Per
@EliasSports
, there has only been one starting lineup in last 40 postseasons taller than the Mavs’ tonight: a 2003 Mavs lineup featuring Shawn Bradley, Raef LaFrentz, Dirk Nowitzki, Michael Finley and Steve Nash.

Boban Marjanovic, starter
Rick Carlisle made a big-time move ahead of Game 5. He inserted Boban into the starting lineup and moved Maxi Kleber to the bench. And you’ll never believe it, but... it worked!

The best part? It wasn’t even a gimmick. Boban played 20 real minutes tonight and made a big impact while on the court. The Clippers had a much harder time finishing around the rim early on in this game than they had in the previous four. Instead of a layup line, the Clips had to second guess things when they attacked the cup.

Last edited by Dallas41; 06-03-2021 at 01:47 AM.
Old 06-03-2021, 01:57 AM   #287
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Kendrick Perkins
@KendrickPerkins
·
2h
Luka jump on over the fence and found out the dog that was barking wasn’t nothing but a damn Pomeranian and went got his ball! He served the Clippers a church dinner tonight that included an family order of 42 leg quarters , 12 pieces of cornbread and 8 slices of pound cakes!
Old 06-03-2021, 02:00 AM   #288
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kendrick Perkins
@KendrickPerkins
·
2h
Luka jump on over the fence and found out the dog that was barking wasn’t nothing but a damn Pomeranian and went got his ball! He served the Clippers a church dinner tonight that included an family order of 42 leg quarters , 12 pieces of cornbread and 8 slices of pound cakes!
Guess I need to watch the goon squad aka first take in the morning. Also that’s 14 pieces of cornbread Perk

Last edited by Melonhead; 06-03-2021 at 02:00 AM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 03:11 AM   #289
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

Holy shit!!!! I chose us in the poll to win between 1-9!

Don't give a flying fuck about the poll tho...

- glad Morris got a flagrant (piece of shit)
- Luka is a bonafide all time great!
- still wish we attacked the rim more...
- and I truly and honestly can't believe or understand why Boogie Cousins hasn't played this series so far ... Cuz (no pun intended) he has simply dominated use no matter what team he's on..... So I don't know if he's hurt, or if there's a personality issue with the coaching staff or what, but man I'm glad they haven't played him,... Now watch them play after I say this shit....

Whatever man, Mavs (mostly Luka, Dodo, Dwight, and a bit of THJ, deserve to feel they won this game!

Win or Lose the series. ... LUKA IS THE BEST IN THE NBA AND WILL BE FOR THE NEXT DECADE PLUS!!

LETS GO MAVS!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2021, 03:25 AM   #290
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_D_D View Post
Win or Lose the series. ... LUKA IS THE BEST IN THE NBA AND WILL BE FOR THE NEXT DECADE PLUS!!
This. Luka is the best player in this series and it's not close. Considering the other team has a 2x Finals MVP and a 7x all star, that's saying something. He's a top 5 player easily, and as far as guys under 25 goes, nobody else comes close.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-03-2021 at 03:32 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 04:26 AM   #291
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Clipps had 5 players score in double figures - we had 2 Luka and THJ with 20 points.
We got outscored 25-16 in the fourth.

Mavericks opted to start one of the tallest lineups in playoff history, with 7-foot-4 center Boban Marjanovic joining 7-3 forward Kristaps Porzingis, 6-7 Doncic and Dorian Finney-Smith and 6-5 Hardaway Jr. According to Elias, only one other startling lineup in a playoff game since 1970-71 had a taller average height than the Mavericks did on Wednesday.

Doncic scored or assisted on 31 of Dallas' 37 made field goals (84 percent) on Wednesday. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Doncic is only the third player in NBA history to score or assist on 80 percent or more of his team's field goals in the postseason and the highest percentage ever in a playoff game

Doncic, who was 6-of-12 from 3-point range and finished with 42 points, 14 assists and 8 rebounds.

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 06-03-2021 at 04:27 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:18 AM   #292
lukafan515

lukafan515 will become famous soon enoughlukafan515 will become famous soon enough

Let's finish the job on Friday. Luka's doing Luka things and we just need a small push from others.

If you're bored check this Luka Doncic quiz
lukafan515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:43 AM   #293
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
I was wondering what the deal was with Cousins. Him not playing was a bit head scratching imo. Maybe he's injured.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by turin; 06-03-2021 at 06:48 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:31 AM   #294
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Hats off to Carlisle and those clamoring for Boban/zone defense. We dared their role players to beat us from 3 and they blinked. I’m not especially worried about the dismal fourth quarter, we had lots of great looks that Luka usually hits just rim out. Porzingis with only 6 shots/ 30 minutes but he had the dagger 3.

Just a masterful coaching job by Carlisle. He got destroyed games 3 and 4 and made the proper adjustments. He deserves props, but he also deserves at least some blame for our woes the previous two games.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:40 AM   #295
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:49 AM   #296
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Hats off to Carlisle and those clamoring for Boban/zone defense. We dared their role players to beat us from 3 and they blinked. I’m not especially worried about the dismal fourth quarter, we had lots of great looks that Luka usually hits just rim out. Porzingis with only 6 shots/ 30 minutes but he had the dagger 3.

Just a masterful coaching job by Carlisle. He got destroyed games 3 and 4 and made the proper adjustments. He deserves props, but he also deserves at least some blame for our woes the previous two games.
I'm very happy RC finally made this change. Better late than never. It would've been nice to roll that starting 5 out with the zone during the regular season to get those guys more minutes together, but considering the fact that this was a high stakes, do or die playoff game, I was especially impressed with the group's effectiveness given pretty much no previous playing time together as a group, and none in zone.

Last edited by turin; 06-03-2021 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:03 AM   #297
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Audio: Dude, WTF?!
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:10 AM   #298
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A picture is worth a thousand words:

Rondo being the supportive teammate who always provides encouragement and affection to those around him. Jackson is choking up with emotion and awe at Rajon's inspiring leadership. Kawhi is forever grateful that the great Rondo would take the time to share his wisdom.

Seeing Rondo in this series makes my blood boil.... He is right up there with Morris and Harden. He might even be #1 on that list.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:19 AM   #299
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This photo makes me smile.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 11:45 AM   #300
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:

MMB Take
The big lineup change was Boban Marjanovic for Maxi Kleber, basically the opposite of my suggestion to match the Clippers small ball with Dorian Finney-Smith at the four. Boban wasn’t even that good — nine points and seven rebounds in 20 minutes — but it was just enough to A.) keep Zubac on the floor longer than the Clippers wanted and B.) coax the Clippers into more threes and just pray to the basketball gods they’d miss, which they mostly did. We still didn’t see much small ball from the Mavericks, as two of Boban, Kristaps Porzingis, Maxi Kleber and Dwight Powell were on the floor all night. The Mavericks still lost the rebounding battle but they at least grabbed 11 offensive rebounds, punishing the Clippers small ball more than the previous games.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:09 PM   #301
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I'm very happy RC finally made this change. Better late than never. It would've been nice to roll that starting 5 out with the zone during the regular season to get those guys more minutes together, but considering the fact that this was a high stakes, do or die playoff game, I was especially impressed with the group's effectiveness given pretty much no previous playing time together as a group, and none in zone.
Quote:
MMB Take
The big lineup change was Boban Marjanovic for Maxi Kleber, basically the opposite of my suggestion to match the Clippers small ball with Dorian Finney-Smith at the four. Boban wasn’t even that good — nine points and seven rebounds in 20 minutes — but it was just enough to A.) keep Zubac on the floor longer than the Clippers wanted and B.) coax the Clippers into more threes and just pray to the basketball gods they’d miss, which they mostly did. We still didn’t see much small ball from the Mavericks, as two of Boban, Kristaps Porzingis, Maxi Kleber and Dwight Powell were on the floor all night. The Mavericks still lost the rebounding battle but they at least grabbed 11 offensive rebounds, punishing the Clippers small ball more than the previous games.

I honestly thought we would get killed playing the zone because of the Clippers role players' ability to shoot. I was wrong (for at least one game). The zone disrupted PG and Kawhi's midrange game which had been destroying us games 3 and 4. I think we just have to be prepared for the possibility that in game 6 they kill our zone by hitting threes. If that starts to happen it probably means Maxi / WCS/ Powell get more minutes at the expense of KP and Boban.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:23 PM   #302
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Clippers can hit 3's and break the zone but I'd rather lose from that then see PG13 and Kawhi get 50 in the paint effortlessly. Boban may have been the only starter with a negative +- but I thought it at least set a tone that they were not going to beat us inside and I'll take that.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 12:23 PM   #303
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words:

Rondo being the supportive teammate who always provides encouragement and affection to those around him. Jackson is choking up with emotion and awe at Rajon's inspiring leadership. Kawhi is forever grateful that the great Rondo would take the time to share his wisdom.

Seeing Rondo in this series makes my blood boil.... He is right up there with Morris and Harden. He might even be #1 on that list.
With you totally on the sentiment, but it seems Rondo has finally grown up a bit. He was always, I think, a good teammate...just butted heads with coaches. Doesn't seem to do that lately.

Not gonna make me like him though. ;-)
Old 06-03-2021, 01:53 PM   #304
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Man. What a high level tactical game. That was competitive and such a fun game. Wouldn't have been fun had we lost in the end.

I didn't comment much on the idea of starting 2 bigs because RC doesn't often do it. Especially didn't think he would go with Boban and KP and the zone. I was pleasantly shocked to see the SLU and that he actually went thru with it. He deserves credit there, although he seems to be a few days or so behind the consensus of some of us on this forum.

Luka, well there's a shortage of things to label him. He was masterful against an elite defense. If we can somehow get thru this round, the toughest wing defense will be behind him. It's really beyond words to describe his level of play offensively.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 06-03-2021 at 01:54 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:58 PM   #305
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
With you totally on the sentiment, but it seems Rondo has finally grown up a bit. He was always, I think, a good teammate...just butted heads with coaches. Doesn't seem to do that lately.

Not gonna make me like him though. ;-)
What he did to the Mavs in the 2015 playoffs against the Rockets cannot be excused and should have ended his NBA career. If you look up the word "unprofessionalism" in the dictionary you should see a picture of Rajon Rondo. He was in the league for 9 years, so I don't buy the immaturity angle. I have no insight into his relationships when on other teams, but he was not a good teammate to his fellow Mavs. He outright quit and showed off-the-charts disrespect for the Mavs organization. I would have rather seen him just walk away and refuse to play. The moniker "Playoff Rondo" is a joke. A better nickname would be "Cry Craven Rajon". He will always be an arrogant quitter in my book.

But on a more positive note, "Go Mavs". We are up 3-2!

Last edited by purplefrog; 06-03-2021 at 01:59 PM.
purplefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:36 PM   #306
BigDog63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Man. What a high level tactical game.
Playoff series often devolve into that. the chess match. Carlisle is always making adjustments...one of the things he is renowned for. Lue made some good adjustments in Games 3 and 4 (something I don't think he is known for?)...ball is back in his court again.

This is why the Mavs/Spurs series were always pretty good, regardless of where the teams were ranked. It was always a great chess match.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:54 PM   #307
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Playoff series often devolve into that. the chess match. Carlisle is always making adjustments...one of the things he is renowned for. Lue made some good adjustments in Games 3 and 4 (something I don't think he is known for?)...ball is back in his court again.

This is why the Mavs/Spurs series were always pretty good, regardless of where the teams were ranked. It was always a great chess match.
I'm not sure Lue even made adjustments. The coverages were the same we saw in games 1 and 2 and I didn't see much difference between games 4 and 5.

Mavs are just REALLY streaky. When we're on and Luka is playing well, we're unguardable. When we struggle, we struggle HARD and have significant psychological issues. Game 4 was just us missing shots and then totally losing the confidence to make them, which made their defense easier as we missed shots and questioned our ability to make them.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:56 PM   #308
Dirk41legend

Dirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really nice

I want to see our whole crowd giving Rondo a wave tomorrow as he leaves our stadium and the playoffs.
Dirk41legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 03:01 PM   #309
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk41legend View Post
I want to see our whole crowd giving Rondo a wave tomorrow as he leaves our stadium and the playoffs.
That would be amazing.

More than anything, we just need to learn to win at home.

We haven't won a playoff game at home with fans in the building since April 26th, 2015-- more than six years ago. At that time, Monta Ellis was our leading scorer and Charlie Villanueva was our sixth man. Dirk was close to retirement and Luka was only 16 years old.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-03-2021 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:18 PM   #310
Jayinem
Banned

Jayinem will become famous soon enoughJayinem will become famous soon enough

Not saying this is realistic especially since we would be the ones to end their season but if we beat the Clippers and they blow it up would you trade say KP/THJ for Paul George? May seem way favorable to us at first glance but KP is only about to be 26 and PG is 31, and I don't think there's any doubt KP is a better player than the system he's in in Dallas. He would be a legit #2 to Kawhi.

I forgot THJ is a free agent so it'd have to be DFS or someone else with KP but the main two players would be KP for PG.

Last edited by Jayinem; 06-03-2021 at 03:21 PM.
Jayinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 03:50 PM   #311
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk41legend View Post
I want our crowd to be...at home. We don't play well at home and maybe it's the team being nervous and dying to win for the fans and it puts pressure idk. The fans really deserve it so I hope they win. I can't believe the series has no home court winners. We can literally win the series without winning a home game. Lol

Old 06-03-2021, 03:59 PM   #312
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

Yea, playoff games sometimes do come to that. RC made an adjustment but the players still had to execute and it was well done. Luka is a tactical genius. When he has a few players who could produce more and more consistently it is going to be so damn hard to beat him.

Old 06-03-2021, 04:40 PM   #313
BigDog63

Quote:
I'm not sure Lue even made adjustments. The coverages were the same we saw in games 1 and 2 and I didn't see much difference between games 4 and 5.
Didn't get to watch (was out of town), but heard that he went with a smaller lineup?

Quote:
Mavs are just REALLY streaky. When we're on and Luka is playing well, we're unguardable. When we struggle, we struggle HARD and have significant psychological issues. Game 4 was just us missing shots and then totally losing the confidence to make them, which made their defense easier as we missed shots and questioned our ability to make them.
Very true. Also...Luka being injured.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:12 PM   #314
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not sure that Lue even thinks the Mavs can win the series. IMO Lue believes that if the Clippers play correctly then they can overlook us
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:35 PM   #315
SMC0007
Guru

Lue switched Batum for Zubac. Mixed in more doubling of Luka off the PNR. Other than that not much else.

I half expect him to counter and go back with Zubac if we start Boban, which I think we should do once again. Problem for them is that he doesn't help vs our zone.

Last edited by SMC0007; 06-03-2021 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:54 PM   #316
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

He also switched Jackson for Beverly.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:45 PM   #317
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSed...BBALLBREAKDOWN

I like this guys breakdowns for those who don't watch his vids.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:48 PM   #318
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2021/6...rd-quarter-run

An article I wrote about the run at the end of the third. Zubac + 2 pgs = bad news for the clips
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:57 PM   #319
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
I honestly thought we would get killed playing the zone because of the Clippers role players' ability to shoot. I was wrong (for at least one game). The zone disrupted PG and Kawhi's midrange game which had been destroying us games 3 and 4. I think we just have to be prepared for the possibility that in game 6 they kill our zone by hitting threes. If that starts to happen it probably means Maxi / WCS/ Powell get more minutes at the expense of KP and Boban.
Analytics-wise, you come out better giving up 40% 3-pt shooting instead of 70+% 2-pt layups.

I completely agree about the midrange games. I mentioned that in a post Monday.

2 bigs in a zone doesn't guarantee we win the series, but I think it is a more overall effective style of play for us in the playoffs given our roster composition, and it gives us a better chance of winning when shots aren't falling.

We'll see. Go Mavs!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by turin; 06-03-2021 at 09:10 PM.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:25 PM   #320
D_D_D

D_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really niceD_D_D is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post

Ya what Rondo did was very unprofessional and immature, but honestly, and this is just for me, I'm over all that. Really don't give a shit lol. Still F him, but I really don't feel much, mostly indifference. Same with harden at this point too. I don't have any reason to hate him. I just really don't like him lol.

Now Morris..... Ooooowheeeeee!! Yes I hate him so much. He is my #1 for sure. He's a dirty, cocky utter piece of shit.

Anyways... Man I really don't want to go back to LA for a game 7. Obviously. I think we all know Luka is gonna bring it! That doesn't mean he's gonna be on fire or anything, just that he's going to bring that intensity and willpower. Unfortunately I haven't seen much of that from most of our players so far. ESPECIALLY KP. Which is very disappointing. I mean, he honestly looks to me like a little (7 ft 3) bitch out there. I really wish he would come out with even just half of Luka's intensity. Ahhh sorry he's just really pissed me off for basically all of this series. Not cuz he misses shots, people miss shots sometimes, but it's his energy and effort and demeanor. We ALL gotta come out hungry if we want to beat the clips in DTown in their elimination game!