Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #121
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
yeah i don't know, you would think so, since he is the leader. I'm sure he will be back eventually.

The title of the movie is kinda telling...

'rise of the fallen'
I sure hope they keep the somewhat serious tone with moments of comedy and not the other way around.

I would love to see my favorite autobot "Brawn"...but I think he is too small of a character for them to have in a movie.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2008, 11:07 AM   #122
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I sure hope they keep the somewhat serious tone with moments of comedy and not the other way around.

I would love to see my favorite autobot "Brawn"...but I think he is too small of a character for them to have in a movie.

yeah, i actually watched transformers a few days ago. It really is an awesome movie. I liked the seriousness but the small bits of comedy was a good blend.

Brawn...

what a sweet transfromer...ha!

MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #123
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

LOL.

i was just playing..this is actually a better picture of Brawn.

also, check out what i found of devastator, pretty f*cking cool looking.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #124
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

As a kid, what I always thought was cool about him was he was one of the smallest original autobots, but of original characters he was the second strongest autobot (edit). http://www.seibertron.com/database/c...ew=&char_id=16
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
Brawn...

what a sweet transfromer...ha!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 06-07-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #125
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I still haven't seen this movie.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #126
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

constructicons!

i'd imagine megatron is back - with a title of "revenge of the fallen", what would you think?
Old 06-07-2008, 04:14 PM   #127
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
constructicons!

i'd imagine megatron is back - with a title of "revenge of the fallen", what would you think?
I was never a Transformers kid, so I don't really know much about it, but I'd imagine you can't really have a Transoformer's movie withOUT Megatron, right?
Old 06-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #128
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
I was never a Transformers kid, so I don't really know much about it, but I'd imagine you can't really have a Transoformer's movie withOUT Megatron, right?
you could attempt it...but it would only be a stop gap....

Either way, I doubt they will.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #129
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
As a kid, what I always thought was cool about him was he was one of the smallest original autobots, but of original characters he was the second strongest autobot (edit). http://www.seibertron.com/database/c...ew=&char_id=16

To Brawn, Earth is essentially a hostile environment -- and he loves it. Strong, rugged, agile -- the most macho of all Autobots. Delights in challenges. Sorry for those not as tough as himself. Second strongest Autobot -- can lift 190,000 pounds and knock down a small building with one punch. High resistance to artillery fire. Vulnerable to attack by electromagnetic waves.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:53 PM   #130
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I still haven't seen this movie.

you need to be brought down a few notches!

you need to see transformers 1, do it. its so good. Once it hits your lips...its so good~!
Old 06-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #131
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

electro-magnetic waves are over-rated. - - - (a few more dash-es).
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:13 AM   #132
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
well, there's Galvatron (often depicted as a recreated megatron), and Shockwave (second most-powerful decepticon after megatron). And then there's Unicron, who is basically similar to Galactus in the fantastic 4 comics.

i could see them going the galvatron route. Shockwave is a little out there (he transforms into a giant gun - but then again, that was megatron's original transformation, as well as galvatron. so might as well just stick with those options, no need to introduce another new guy), and unicron is VERY out there for a movie (transforms into a planet).

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 06-08-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:53 AM   #133
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
unicron is VERY out there for a movie (transforms into a planet).
Does he transform into a planet or is he basically a planet?

Old 06-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #134
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

been a while, but i'm pretty sure he has a robot form/other form. but it could be that he's just really big. i remember the robot.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #135
MavsX
Diamond Member

it will still be a pretty sweet movie. Also, one of the SPOLERS!, will be a crotch rocket transformer. an autobot. The only downside is it will be pink. Some speculate that it will be a body guard for mikala (megan fox), much like bumble bee is for sam (witwiticky) sp?

Last edited by MavsX; 06-09-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:16 PM   #136
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

SPOILER

regarding your SPOILER, MavsX - that autobot was rumored to be in the first one, but she (yes, she) was replaced by Jazz, I believe. Name is Arcee.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #137
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
SPOILER

regarding your SPOILER, MavsX - that autobot was rumored to be in the first one, but she (yes, she) was replaced by Jazz, I believe. Name is Arcee.
Arcee was in the cartoon movie...

Old 06-16-2008, 12:41 PM   #138
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

New Transformers 2 Pics

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:01 PM   #139
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty

holy smokes...who is that chick?
Old 06-16-2008, 02:03 PM   #140
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

hmmm, not megan fox...

Some girl named isabel lucas is listed on imdb as a being rumored in the cast. maybe her? no idea.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #141
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

The captions refer to her as Lucas, so you must be right.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #142
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Unicron would be totally kickass for a movie, as long as they do it better than the first movie. Unicron is technically a mechanical planet, but nothing lives on him, so he's basically just a very big metal sphere. IMO, they should have had David Kaye voice Megatron in the 1st one and had Hugo Weaving voice Unicron if they ever get around to him.

Yep, Arcee is basically a guarantee to be in this one. The only reason she wasn't in the last one is because they didn't have the time to explain why there are male and female robots.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #143
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I heard Soundwave is comin in the second one. I soooo wish Transformers 2 would be here like NOW.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:14 PM   #144
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
I heard Soundwave is comin in the second one. I soooo wish Transformers 2 would be here like NOW.
Hell yeah... this whole 'waiting' thing sucks, I'm going to get someone on this ASAP...
Old 06-17-2008, 12:17 PM   #145
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontoad
Hell yeah... this whole 'waiting' thing sucks, I'm going to get someone on this ASAP...
You should watch Lost.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #146
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
i loved soundwave

Old 06-17-2008, 03:15 PM   #147
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty

good find bro. Those are awesome.

she is hot, that car is hot, and that movie give me a boner.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #148
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Damn the web filter of my company.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:44 PM   #149
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
Damn the web filter of my company.
Can you see photo bucket pictures:

What a dress....
Old 06-17-2008, 03:51 PM   #150
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I NEEEEEED me some Megan Fox!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #151
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I can watch the end of transformers over and over and over agian. So awesome. What is cool is that it definitely is cluttered but the more you watch it, the more it you can catch different things you missed before. What is amazing about the transformers is that you can love both sides equally. I am a decepticon because I drive a car that looks like Barricade but Optimus is such a badass.

Man that movie was balsy. Can't believe they actually pulled it off.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #152
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Devin,

Since you've watched the ending again recently, was starscream the first jet to fire on megatron? I read that after I saw the movie, but haven't watched it a second time.

And guys, what was the name of the boom box in the movie? I thought they named it soundwave, which was a gyp.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #153
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Devin,

Since you've watched the ending again recently, was starscream the first jet to fire on megatron? I read that after I saw the movie, but haven't watched it a second time.

And guys, what was the name of the boom box in the movie? I thought they named it soundwave, which was a gyp.
Huh, good question. I'll have to check again. Starscream did suck when it came to fighting. It seems he could have easily gotten the cube a few times but just didn't care.

Anyways, I'll watch it again and tell you what I see.

Edit: Ok, we watched and no you can't really tell where the first missile comes from. It just comes from offscreen.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-17-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #154
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Huh, good question. I'll have to check again. Starscream did suck when it came to fighting. It seems he could have easily gotten the cube a few times but just didn't care.

Anyways, I'll watch it again and tell you what I see.

Edit: Ok, we watched and no you can't really tell where the first missile comes from. It just comes from offscreen.
It seemed to me the Auto-Bots were more worried about having to fight StarScream than any other Decepticon (like they knew he was a badass) , also Megatron did bitch at him, maybe his heart wasn't in the fight, after all, you can't control what the allspark do.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #155
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
It seemed to me the Auto-Bots were more worried about having to fight StarScream than any other Decepticon (like they knew he was a badass) , also Megatron did bitch at him, maybe his heart wasn't in the fight, after all, you can't control what the allspark do.

Yeah I don't get why the allspark only creates Decepticons, anyone care to explain that one?

Well Starscream was always insubordinate in the cartoons. He just wants to take over the Decepticons.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:46 PM   #156
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Yeah I don't get why the allspark only creates Decepticons, anyone care to explain that one?
because it makes for a better climax?

yeah...that was pretty dumb.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:54 AM   #157
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Devin,

You can never quite tell which F-22 fires on Megs, if I remember right. However, Starscream is among them, and it's only assumed that he does.

The boombox was is not Soundwave, but rather a made-up Decepticon named Frenzy. He was originally to be SW, but they decided against it because he's obviously too different. I'm still not sure how they'll do Soundwave, because they're very anal about making sure that parts fit correctly, size-wise, and for Soundwave that's rather difficult.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:13 AM   #158
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

since it's all about product placement, why not make soundwave an iPod? But then there's the whole "a thing the size of an iPod grows to 30 times it's size" thing.

Yeah, the assumption about starscream firing the first missle was because he always wanted to be first in command.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:14 AM   #159
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

and yes, the boombox was Frenzy. I must have been thinking of the initial rumors that it was soundwave.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #160
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
since it's all about product placement, why not make soundwave an iPod? But then there's the whole "a thing the size of an iPod grows to 30 times it's size" thing.
Was spacial consistency a big concern for the film makers in the first movie?

Last edited by sike; 06-21-2008 at 02:01 PM.