Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-29-2006, 12:09 AM   #1
Purple&Gold

Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about
Default Whats the story on Mark, hyping a parade after we win Game 2 of the Finals?

Why would a owner risk a motivation from a opponent like that? i understand the Series seemed to be packed in the bag. but i hate the fact that he did actually set-up a parade after we win Game 2 this is passed all of us so i know everyone has moved on atleast i'm trying to but Mark seems to be more of a fan then a general person which could be good at times but even bad i'm just justing

Last edited by Purple&Gold; 09-29-2006 at 12:09 AM.
Purple&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2006, 02:08 AM   #2
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Cuban had anything to do with the parade planning. That was the city of Dallas, trying to make sure they had the cops and the overtime and the route and the budget all in order. They do that everytime a team gets close to a championship. Part of it it their idiocy, part of it is an overreaction to the fights in the streets after the Cowboys '93 SuperBowl win.

Cuban isn't that stupid... Dallas city government, on the other hand...
Old 09-29-2006, 02:11 AM   #3
Purple&Gold

Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, i completly agree. if the Dallas city government had anything to do with this then they might get some of the blame for the Finals lose. there is no excuse for motivating a opponent like that regardless what kind of reasons you might have that solidifys you're arguement.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:40 AM   #4
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Yeah I dont recall Cuban ever commenting on that
Old 09-29-2006, 07:42 AM   #5
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

I don't think the City of Dallas or possibly Mark Cuban's rhetoric on the Championship parade had anything to do with Miami's motivation...maybe a little, but not hardly anything to related to the outcome of the championship series....

As you all remember....Dallas was dominating Miami in the third game into the fourth quarter...Miami was already showing signs of giving up....the Miami fans were booing....Dallas players got comfortable....the rest is history...

The Mavs themselves (namely players like Dirk, Terry and Howard) couldn't hit an open shot from 5 feet for the rest of the series...they simply choked...

The refs helped a little with the Wade free throw parade, but key missed free throws at the end of games for Dallas sealed the deal...
Old 09-29-2006, 08:11 AM   #6
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavericks were up 2 games to none, and then the city anounced plans for a parade? I cant seem to remember any of that.....
Old 09-29-2006, 08:34 AM   #7
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it happened Flaco, they were already planning the parade route.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:35 AM   #8
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
The Mavericks were up 2 games to none, and then the city anounced plans for a parade? I cant seem to remember any of that.....
Because you are an old codger?

Nah, you're all right, I'm just kiddin'.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:38 AM   #9
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa
I don't think the City of Dallas or possibly Mark Cuban's rhetoric on the Championship parade had anything to do with Miami's motivation...maybe a little, but not hardly anything to related to the outcome of the championship series....

As you all remember....Dallas was dominating Miami in the third game into the fourth quarter...Miami was already showing signs of giving up....the Miami fans were booing....Dallas players got comfortable....the rest is history...

The Mavs themselves (namely players like Dirk, Terry and Howard) couldn't hit an open shot from 5 feet for the rest of the series...they simply choked...

The refs helped a little with the Wade free throw parade, but key missed free throws at the end of games for Dallas sealed the deal...
Yep, that's pretty much what happened. I totally agree with your assessment.

Moving on now...

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 09-29-2006 at 08:38 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:59 AM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm already planning a parade route for this year, so if we lose you can blame ME for giving the other team motivation...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-29-2006 at 08:59 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:00 AM   #11
frost5

frost5 is on a distinguished road

you cant blame the city entirely....it's smart to plan ahead for things like this

the stupidity was in letting it out to the public
frost5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:59 AM   #12
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Hell, I say lets have a parade now, to celebrate what we are about to do to the Heat or whoever!
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:04 AM   #13
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Because you are an old codger?

Nah, you're all right, I'm just kiddin'.
classic flexo!!!!

ok seriously.....I was sitting in section 314 of the AAC the other night watching the Stars play, and there are some remnants of some sort of blue and white confetti, or decorations of something up in the rafters near that section, presumably leftover from last Mavs season...

It seriously bummed me out......
Old 09-29-2006, 10:14 AM   #14
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The season is almost here folks, lets cut the moot topics Please. Was there not enough info and talk on this at the end of last season?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:17 AM   #15
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so....anyone want to talk about about passing on Malone was a mistake???

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:44 PM   #16
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I hate Karl Malone so I'm glad we did. He was part of the nba era where you could bite ears off and not be called for a foul. I hate that style of boring, physical basketball where we had to endure Malone's ridiculously long stints at the free throw line. Torture.

On an interesting note, they made fun of Shawn Bradley in Entourage.

Old 09-29-2006, 01:42 PM   #17
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart

On an interesting note, they made fun of Shawn Bradley in Entourage.
Good. Now I can claim my lack of interest in that show is an official boycott.

Don't screw with a Former Maverick Great!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:11 PM   #18
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't need an excuse, mary

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:07 PM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary

Former Maverick what?

Old 09-29-2006, 04:30 PM   #20
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary

Haha I hope you're kidding and even if you're not, I'm gonna pretend that you are.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:16 PM   #21
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Gee, I really miss arguing with all you folks about the greatness that Shawn Bradley was....NOT! Now he's a distant memory.

Lets argue about the greatness that MBenga could, should and one day will be. I think I'll start a thread.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:23 AM   #22
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Start the thread, G-Money. We can always use a little more Benga love around here.

It continues to amaze me to no end that ordinary fans do not recognize the greatness that was Shawn Bradley. A testament to his brilliance is the fact that in the 2003 season he was the third-highest PER rated player on our team, and his rating was over 18. There are only about five teams in the last twenty years that can boast a PER that high from their third highest player.

In short, he is a very large reason why we won 60 that year. His greatness should be recognized, and all the bitches should bow in obeisance.

Last edited by chumdawg; 09-30-2006 at 12:23 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote