Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 11-09-2016, 02:00 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I can agree. I cannot stand Trump but I cannot stand Hillary a little bit more.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 02:14 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
I can agree. I cannot stand Trump but I cannot stand Hillary a little bit more.
It's not about who I can "stand", but who I can trust to actually do the job... I think Trump is in love with the idea of being president, but I doubt he actually wants to be the president, because being the president is boring as hell -- it's mostly long meetings full of red tape & bureaucracy. He doesn't strike me as the type who has the patience for all that, but that's what the job is. It has none of the glam of running his own corporation.

So who's going to be running things? Mike Pence? Paul Ryan? Vladmir Putin? Who the F knows??? At least with Hillary (or Cruz/Rubio/Bush) you know who the hell is running this country... Now we're putting the most powerful nation in the world into who-the-F-knows hands. That's just irresponsible.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-09-2016 at 02:46 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:09 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It's not about who I can "stand", but who I can trust to actually do the job... I think Trump is in love with the idea of being president, but I doubt he actually wants to be the president, because being the president is boring as hell -- it's mostly long meetings full of red tape & bureaucracy. He doesn't strike me as the type who has the patience for all that, but that's what the job is. It has none of the glam of running his own corporation.

So who's going to be running things? Mike Pence? Paul Ryan? Vladmir Putin? Who the F knows??? At least with Hillary (or Cruz/Rubio/Bush) you know who the hell is running this country... Now we're putting the most powerful nation in the world into who-the-F-knows hands. That's just irresponsible.
Honestly, I'd rather take my chances with who the f knows than Hillary Clinton. She has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that she is corrupt. I think we have a good idea who will be involved in running the country.

Last edited by Murphy3; 11-09-2016 at 03:11 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:04 AM   #4
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Honestly, I'd rather take my chances with who the f knows than Hillary Clinton. She has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that she is corrupt. I think we have a good idea who will be involved in running the country.
This is my view and I believe the same view of the vast majority of Trump voters. When Clinton should be in jail for what she's done and instead is nearly becoming president, it is scary as hell what she could actually get away with AS president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
I think Trump is going to have a hard time in the Oval Office. He probably does not know how public work works and i think he has no effing clue of foreign policy. Plus, president is a 28/7 job and you have to read tons of papers, understand them quickly and put that into a context, where experience is needed, which he does not have. He definately has one of the toughest jobs, a land has to offer. Lots of work ahead.
I honestly don't mean to be condescending but isn't this pretty obvious? In my view, the president is a lot like Steve Jobs. He says, I want "this" so go make it happen even though I don't know the minute details on how it works. It's like any other senior leadership position, you rely on the experts reporting to you to ensure the actual work meets your requirements.

And I've always believed that being president, you should get minimal vacations. You have the most important job arguably in the entire world and certainly in the US ... FOR FOUR YEARS ... so suck it up and work your ass off. Then you don't have to do a damn thing the rest of your life. How hard would you work knowing that you are set FOR LIFE after just four years?

Quote:
@inafried: The Canadian immigration site -- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/ -- is currently down, presumably under the strain of unprecedented demand.
You know what? I'm tired of people "threatening" to leave. Do it. Get the F out. If you are going to act like a spoiled little kid and cannot at least be civil with people that have a difference of opinion, then get out and give up your US citizenship. This is especially true for celebrities trying to tell us what to do just because of their fame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulZ3C9nTFJA
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:29 AM   #5
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post

You know what? I'm tired of people "threatening" to leave. Do it. Get the F out. If you are going to act like a spoiled little kid and cannot at least be civil with people that have a difference of opinion, then get out and give up your US citizenship. This is especially true for celebrities trying to tell us what to do just because of their fame.

Because Trump supporters are known for their civility. Especially to minorities.

They're in for a rude awakening when Trump lowers taxes on the rich resulting in less money for infrastructure and education. They thought Trump was their candidate. I'm sure they'll manage to blame the Mexicans or the Muslims though.

Last edited by tap2390; 11-09-2016 at 10:29 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #6
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Because Trump supporters are known for their civility. Especially to minorities.

They're in for a rude awakening when Trump lowers taxes on the rich resulting in less money for infrastructure and education. They thought Trump was their candidate. I'm sure they'll manage to blame the Mexicans or the Muslims though.
I'll say this and then not reply in order to give you the last word and also to not escalate any further.

1. Why are the Hillary supporters are the ones causing fights/etc at Trump rallies? Why is the republican office the one that was fire bombed? Why do we videos of liberals/democrats breaking through barricades to storm a Trump rally/hotel? I very well could be wrong, but it sure seems like it's the liberals/democrats that are the ones causing all the issues. This just seems like some fans going into an opposing team's stadium and being overly obnoxious just to get it all captured on video for youtube ... and then complain about "those people".

2. If the government needs more money, which is a better way to get it .. raising taxes or putting more people to work? People that have an excess amount of free time because they don't work or are underpaid, usually are the ones most bitter and prone to negative outbursts. My view is Get Educated and Get a Job. At the end of my 45+ hour week, I'm just too damn tired to worry about going to a Democrat or Republican rally and trying to pick a fight. I want to come home, watch the Mavs win a game, and then go to bed.

3. We had 8 years of Obama trying his way and I did sincerely hope he would be a great president just so we could all legitimately say that our first black president was great. At the end of his term, America is more divided in more ways than I've ever seen it in my adult life of 25+ years. This bothers me the most of anything else that is attributed to him both good and bad.

4. Yes, I voted for Trump. Yes, he is a complete @$$. Yes, he has sexist tendencies (very similar to Bill Clinton). Yes, he probably found loopholes in his taxes ... but I'm certainly not looking for ways to give the government more of my money than I can either. I'll agree with you and most other democrats on some but probably not all of your Trump opinions. If I'm willing to meet you this far, then why can't democrats see the horrific issues with Hillary on her (and her husband's) entire political career?
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:15 PM   #7
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I'll say this and then not reply in order to give you the last word and also to not escalate any further.

1. Why are the Hillary supporters are the ones causing fights/etc at Trump rallies? Why is the republican office the one that was fire bombed? Why do we videos of liberals/democrats breaking through barricades to storm a Trump rally/hotel? I very well could be wrong, but it sure seems like it's the liberals/democrats that are the ones causing all the issues. This just seems like some fans going into an opposing team's stadium and being overly obnoxious just to get it all captured on video for youtube ... and then complain about "those people".

2. If the government needs more money, which is a better way to get it .. raising taxes or putting more people to work? People that have an excess amount of free time because they don't work or are underpaid, usually are the ones most bitter and prone to negative outbursts. My view is Get Educated and Get a Job. At the end of my 45+ hour week, I'm just too damn tired to worry about going to a Democrat or Republican rally and trying to pick a fight. I want to come home, watch the Mavs win a game, and then go to bed.

3. We had 8 years of Obama trying his way and I did sincerely hope he would be a great president just so we could all legitimately say that our first black president was great. At the end of his term, America is more divided in more ways than I've ever seen it in my adult life of 25+ years. This bothers me the most of anything else that is attributed to him both good and bad.

4. Yes, I voted for Trump. Yes, he is a complete @$$. Yes, he has sexist tendencies (very similar to Bill Clinton). Yes, he probably found loopholes in his taxes ... but I'm certainly not looking for ways to give the government more of my money than I can either. I'll agree with you and most other democrats on some but probably not all of your Trump opinions. If I'm willing to meet you this far, then why can't democrats see the horrific issues with Hillary on her (and her husband's) entire political career?

Sorry I missed this. First of all thanks for a measured response and I invite conversation with you regarding this (no escalation necessary).

You're right that America is divided, but Donald Trump plays on those fears and is escalating things further in my eyes. Fearful of illegal immigrants? He has rhetoric for you. Fearful of muslims? He has more rhetoric for you. What's the solution for disadvantaged black communities? Stop and frisk. His protectionism isn't limited to trade deals, and it's given white supremacists not just a platform but is also legitimizing their very dangerous ideas. If you think Obama caused a divide what exactly do you think Trump will do? (This isn't a sarcastic or rhetorical question, I genuinely wonder if you believe we will come together under Trump).

The biggest problem with Trump isn't his infrastructure plans, or his tax plans, or even his plan to build a border wall (it is a border after all). The biggest problem is his picking segments of the population as scapegoats. Now, he had a chance to walk this back a bit and I would've chalked it up to him saying what he needed to to motivate his base. But thus far I have seen nothing that lends credence to him being transparent or anything but self-involved and self-centered.

Is O'Bannon (an openly racist, openly misogynistic man) as Chief of Staff supposed to alleviate my concern? Is Jeff Sessions (too racist in the 80s!) as Attorney General supposed to alleviate my concern? What about the fact that he limits press pool access (who needs it when your chief of staff will act as a mouthpiece through his own website?)?

Trump has certain ideas I agree with. This country does need an influx of money and work on infrastructure. This country does need term limits. This country does need to limit the power of lobbyists. But do the benefits outweigh the costs? Many white American said "yes." Many non-white Americans, including myself, are wondering where this leaves us. Whether America is the inclusive, diverse nation we were sold on.

If you don't want to discuss this further I understand, but I honestly would greatly enjoy the chance to converse with you.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:43 PM   #8
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So who's going to be running things? Mike Pence? Paul Ryan? Vladmir Putin? Who the F knows???
Quote:
I think we have a good idea who will be involved in running the country.
Derp.

Vice President-Elect Pence to Take Over Trump Transition Effort

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-11-2016 at 10:46 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clown country, hillary is garbage, scary clowns at that, the deplorables win