Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-24-2019, 01:58 PM   #401
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Conversely... I believe that's Randle just 2 pics above Trae. Gross.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2019, 02:34 PM   #402
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not MVP, but due impacts the game on both sides and would be perfect for the right price
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:09 PM   #403
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
Yea they HAVE to do something to help with rebounding. If not it won’t matter how good Luka and KP are because they will have limited possessions. You can’t get killed on the boards like that and expect to have any kind of success. Vucevic would solve that problem and if not him (I hate to say this) so would Boogie.
I cant remember who said it ( maybe UD) but if not Vucevic or perhaps Boggie I wouldnt mind Dwayne Dedmon. He would be a decent pick up as a fall back option that would allow us to pursue another b tier type guard. He can rebound and shoot it well.. decent defender.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:46 PM   #404
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I cant remember who said it ( maybe UD) but if not Vucevic or perhaps Boggie I wouldnt mind Dwayne Dedmon. He would be a decent pick up as a fall back option that would allow us to pursue another b tier type guard. He can rebound and shoot it well.. decent defender.
KP is flexible. He can really play either the 4 or 5, but the biggest thing is that he's going to be away from the basket a lot, which means we need a rebounding big next to him--whether that be a PF or a C.

Vuj works. Dedmon could work. Lots of cheap rebounding PFs in the league.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:54 PM   #405
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I think KP is going to play a lot of PF, the high PnR with Luka is going to be the new bread and butter play.So there will be enough space for Vuc...

And questioning a KP/Vuc pairing is overrated. I also think that Kleber is actually a good fit with both of them and there are 96 frontcourt minutes available. Rick could throw rotations out that on the end there is for 16 minutes a KP/Vuc pairing and for the other 32min a KP/Kleber and Vuc/Kleber pairing....

Last edited by sefant77; 02-24-2019 at 08:55 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:15 PM   #406
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
KP is flexible. He can really play either the 4 or 5, but the biggest thing is that he's going to be away from the basket a lot, which means we need a rebounding big next to him--whether that be a PF or a C.

Vuj works. Dedmon could work. Lots of cheap rebounding PFs in the league.

Putting a rebounding big next to KP is a must. If that big can’t score though that means they will be in the market for a wing that can get buckets. Randle is a big that can rebound and score although his shot is suspect.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:19 PM   #407
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Bigger question is whether the Mavs will wait to see if they can any A lister's attention this summer while these guys get swooped up.
Dont think this is going to be a problem. Thank god this stupid FA tours over days with several team meetings (specially 2010-2014 etc with Bron, Dwight etc) are over. Guess players realized this kind of attention whoring is also hurting their new team.

I expect something like last year with the Top 5-6 guys announcing it within minutes. Durant probably knows now allready where he is going to sign. Same with Kawhi. Middleton is going to sign his max at 12:01, same with Klay (i expect Durant to leave)...Kemba will know before midnight if he is going to re-sign or where he goes...

So i think our FO pretty much knows before midnight if they have a shot at Durant/Kawhi/Klay/Middleton/Kemba or if they get cockblocked by the agents. If one of them really wanna come to Dallas, their agent is going to tell it to our FO before midnight. And if this guys are gone, then Vuc is for sure the BPA left for us...

And for sure they are not going to go down the RFA road with Brogdon after the Bucks blew a future 1st to dump Delly/Henson. They are ready to pay their guys.

Last edited by sefant77; 02-24-2019 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:20 PM   #408
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Putting a rebounding big next to KP is a must. If that big can’t score though that means they will be in the market for a wing that can get buckets. Randle is a big that can rebound and score although his shot is suspect.
defense would be terrible...i dont think they go after Randle
Old 02-24-2019, 09:51 PM   #409
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Same problem with Vucevic too... Rebounding, scoring, defense -- for some reason this FA class is full of bigs who only have 2/3 of those skills, at best.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-24-2019 at 09:53 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:53 PM   #410
sefant77
Guru

Vuc defense is muuuuch better and his offense is also better
Old 02-24-2019, 11:53 PM   #411
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:

Randle’s defense is definitely suspect too. They are going to need more than 1 off season though to build the team they ultimately want/need to compete for a title. Randle, Vucevic, or Middleton would be just the next step in that direction.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:01 AM   #412
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Randle is tailor-made for today's NBA though. I get the black hole stats and all, but the guy is fleet of foot in a way a big man needs to be. His only real downfall is defense, but he has most other things.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:19 AM   #413
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Randle is tailor-made for today's NBA though. I get the black hole stats and all, but the guy is fleet of foot in a way a big man needs to be. His only real downfall is defense, but he has most other things.
If we lacked scoring, sure.

But he'd be a defensive black hole and could take touches away from KP and Doncic. The thing with Randle is that he's a monster in the ISO-- basically plays like Barnes, but actually good. Even if Barnes was good, he would have still been a bad fit unless he was our second unit sparkplug.

I'm not sure that we want to spend the big bucks for that.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:09 AM   #414
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If we lacked scoring, sure.

But he'd be a defensive black hole and could take touches away from KP and Doncic. The thing with Randle is that he's a monster in the ISO-- basically plays like Barnes, but actually good. Even if Barnes was good, he would have still been a bad fit unless he was our second unit sparkplug.

I'm not sure that we want to spend the big bucks for that.
I think most third stars are going to take away touches from KP and Doncic. The flip side is that Randle can control the paint and middle of the floor with his excellent ability to carve up a defense. His passing will enable open looks for KP and Luka. That would be a HUGE difference from the never going to pass Barnes.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:22 PM   #415
sefant77
Guru

Well, i think Vuc is a much better player than Randle. And i really think if we want Vuc and pay him market value, we can have him at 12:01 on july 1st...
Old 02-25-2019, 02:12 PM   #416
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Well, i think Vuc is a much better player than Randle. And i really think if we want Vuc and pay him market value, we can have him at 12:01 on july 1st...
He’s a better player objectively
He’s a better fit with his passing, rebounding and size
He’s a better personality fit. Seems like he likes it

Only question is if he signs. He may want more than we can give. He may want to stay in ORL
Old 02-25-2019, 02:18 PM   #417
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Oh I'm definitely all in on Vuc over Randle, but I still like Randle more than guys like Middleton or Brogdon mainly because you're going to have to pay big money for any of them.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:38 PM   #418
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He’s a better player objectively
He’s a better fit with his passing, rebounding and size
He’s a better personality fit. Seems like he likes it

Only question is if he signs. He may want more than we can give. He may want to stay in ORL
I would be surprised as hell if he wanted to stay in Orlando. Is there a particular reason he might prefer Orl that I haven't read yet? We have Euro connections, and he would fit really well. Obviously he would instantly be much closer to competing in the playoffs as a core piece to our young group.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:42 PM   #419
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
. He may want to stay in ORL
Never ending rebuild in Orlando, never made the playoffs in seven years. New GM who drafted Bamba as his replacement.

Why should he stay except for the nice weather?
Old 02-25-2019, 03:26 PM   #420
sefant77
Guru

Lets scratch Durant off the list? rofl

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...h-Kevin-Durant

Yeah, Porzingis has definately diva style in him if you believe in just half of the rumours. Even when this is another article with no direct quotes, just "sources" stuff. Thank god it looks like Luka is a down to earth star like Dirk and i dont see him clashing with Zinger for spotlight crap anyway.

And yeah, i really think that there is a good chance that Durant to the Knicks is allready a done deal.

Last edited by sefant77; 02-25-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:58 PM   #421
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

Yeah, Porzingis has definately diva style in him if you believe in just half of the rumours. Even when this is another article with no direct quotes, just "sources" stuff. Thank god it looks like Luka is a down to earth star like Dirk and i dont see him clashing with Zinger for spotlight crap anyway.

And yeah, i really think that there is a good chance that Durant to the Knicks is allready a done deal.
He also wasn't "psyched" to play in Dallas, but you also can't believe every report you read. I sincerely doubt he'd mind KD here with Luka.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:16 AM   #422
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Is Dwight Powell gonna play well enough to opt out?
10-11 FG and 24 points, 8 reb, 4 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks
Or even well enough that someone will want him thrown-in in a sign-and-trade piece.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:14 AM   #423
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Conversely... I believe that's Randle just 2 pics above Trae. Gross.
Dead last among centers in DRPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Or even well enough that someone will want him thrown-in in a sign-and-trade piece.
I think he is. I mean all it takes is for him to get the non taxpayer MLE (starting around 9m, maximum 4/37) to call the opting out a big success.

He also should/could be afraid over his role next season if Vuc rumors are picking up. And the Mavs made it clear allready that they wanna keep Kleber. 4th frontcourt wheel in his contract year as 29year old doesnt look good

Last edited by sefant77; 02-26-2019 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:18 AM   #424
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Hope so! Part of Mavs 'tank' should be giving Powell all the PT he can handle, to build up his stats.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:30 AM   #425
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Never ending rebuild in Orlando, never made the playoffs in seven years. New GM who drafted Bamba as his replacement.

It's so humid in Orlando....
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:14 AM   #426
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

I also read - around the time of the trade deadline - that Vuc's agent, the infamous Bill Duffy, told the Magic that Vuc would not re-sign with the Magic. They are going to lose him for nothing. They can offer him 1 more year than we could but I think he comes to the Mavs.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:44 AM   #427
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Again, Vucevic and Beverley would be a very good to great off-season. Only thing better would be Powell playing his way to a new deal elsewhere so he gets paid big one more time.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:53 AM   #428
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Again, Vucevic and Beverley would be a very good to great off-season. Only thing better would be Powell playing his way to a new deal elsewhere so he gets paid big one more time.
Vuce yes, but Beverly ehh. I'd be fine with it on the cheap cheap. He is gritty but is he really a knock down shooter? He is maybe average at everything aside from hustle and effort, in those categories he is top notch. I wouldn't hate picking him up but I think we could do better.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:56 AM   #429
sefant77
Guru

Good timing for Cuban and Bill Duffy to let all the old Steve Nash butthurt go...

Some of the players Duffy has under contract:
Vuc
Beverley
Dragic

(but also Rondo...)
Old 02-26-2019, 10:57 AM   #430
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Good timing for Cuban and Bill Duffy to let all the old Steve Nash butthurt go...

Some of the players Duffy has under contract:
Vuc
Beverley
Dragic

(but also Rondo...)
Vuce, Dragic would be fantastic.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:49 AM   #431
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:

Yeah, I should have said that he might sign elsewhere other than Orlando or Dallas.

I am excited about him and there's definitely some smoke there, but don't want to get my hopes up, particularly after the reports of the Mavs having little interest and lots of teams having huge sums of money to throw around. I think he's going to have lots of suitors and with maybe only 25-30mill to throw around, we may decide to split that money or to go after a more pressing need.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:50 AM   #432
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Still don't get the impetus to bring Dragic here.

Help me understand how he wouldn't have the exact same issues with role that DSJ had, please.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:56 AM   #433
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Still don't get the impetus to bring Dragic here.

Help me understand how he wouldn't have the exact same issues with role that DSJ had, please.
Same goes with Kemba, but I still think we should have two primary ball handlers. Takes the pressure off of Doncic and adds a wild card to the offense. I'm not on board with an older Dragic though unless it was for a cheap price.

It isn't dissimilar to adding Vuc with KP.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:30 PM   #434
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Cant see Dragic walking away from his 19m player option...he is turning 33 in may, he wont see this money again. Either as a FA in 2020 for small money or a trade with Lee and filler if he is unhappy in Miami and they are ready to move on in the backcourt

Last edited by sefant77; 02-26-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:11 PM   #435
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I'd only do Dragic if
1) He's cheap
2) It makes Doncic happy
Old 02-26-2019, 02:19 PM   #436
Me.B

Quote:
I would be surprised as hell if he wanted to stay in Orlando. Is there a particular reason he might prefer Orl that I haven't read yet? We have Euro connections, and he would fit really well. Obviously he would instantly be much closer to competing in the playoffs as a core piece to our young group.

Not to mention he will get more minutes in Dallas. In Orlando he has two lottery picks sitting behind him that the team is trying to get on the court (Isaac, Bamba).
Old 02-26-2019, 02:20 PM   #437
Me.B

Quote:

I think Durant has a better chance of going to Brooklyn than the Knicks.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:21 PM   #438
Me.B

Quote:

Almost zero chance he opts out.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:22 PM   #439
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Vuc per 36
24pts
14reb
4.5ast
1.3blk
1.1stl

Dude isn't a spring chicken-- more like a veteran in his prime who should stay there for the next 5-6 years, but he'd make a killer addition here.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:27 PM   #440
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
I think Durant has a better chance of going to Brooklyn than the Knicks.
No one cares about the Nets, even in Brooklyn. The branding failed...the arena is a dark sad black hole.

He is going to be a hero in NY just bringing the Knicks back into the playoffs, maybe 2nd round...

Last edited by sefant77; 02-26-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Tags
win now