Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #201
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

As the Sharks choke yet again...will they be dismantled in some form?

Could this open the door for a Healthy Stars team to make a serious run next year?

As much as I enjoy playoff hockey...I am anxious to get to the 2009/2010 training camp!

As much as I hate a no-show...I don't know that I would have enjoyed watching the Stars fight through injuries and maybe scratch out a game or two in the playoffs. I have to believe that the Ducks are doing more damage to the Sharks than our beloved Stars would have...so I'm okay with the early break.

But next year will be different!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2009, 12:26 AM   #202
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Suck it, Sharks.

Suck it long, and suck it hard.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:59 AM   #203
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Regular season means nothing.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #204
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Did everyone enjoy that Sidney Crosby hat trick tonight?

And the Ovechkin hat trick?

In the same game?

Of course you didn't. Because you suck. But I did. What fantastic drama happening at the same time as a boring snoring Boston/Orlando game.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #205
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

You skipped 24???

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #206
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Watching that now. Live TV is for suckers.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:58 PM   #207
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, you got me there. But I had to watch at the office while working late, so I count that as a stroke of genius.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 05-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #208
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Did everyone enjoy that Sidney Crosby hat trick tonight?

And the Ovechkin hat trick?

In the same game?

Of course you didn't. Because you suck. But I did. What fantastic drama happening at the same time as a boring snoring Boston/Orlando game.

Seeing Crosby get the Hat Trick and LOSE was pretty cool!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #209
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

if i see jussi score one more big goal, i may just off myself...
Old 05-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #210
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmpeanut View Post
if i see jussi score one more big goal, i may just off myself...
Why? It's not like we didn't know he was good (look at rookie season). We got Richards and made a run to the WCF's. I would do that trade everytime.

The real people who should be offing themselves is Tampa Bay, who cut him for nothing.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #211
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Eff Jussi.

If he needed to get traded, put on waivers by his new team, and traded again before he finally figured it out, then screw him. He's finally going to the net now. He's finally learned how to get to the tough places on the ice. Either that, or the Bruins are collapsing in on themselves epically.

We've got Neal playing now. Brunnstrom developing. Jamie Benn is coming soon. If I were to keep one of those other guys it would have been Hagman, not Jussi. He showed us nothing and would have never played like that here.

I'm glad he's doing well for himself now.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-08-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #212
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Both of these game 6's have been so fantastic tonight. Unlike that other stuff on that other channel...

Come on Chicago. Pull this one out. Get it done.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:20 AM   #213
92bDad
Platinum Member

Reports are that Micky Mo will be in for his 20th season!!!

Can't wait till training camp.

By the way, I hear that they are having the big warehouse sale this Friday/Saturday with stuff up to 80% off.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #214
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh... 3 minutes left and the hated Red Wings score to go up 4-3 in game 7. Kill me now!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:42 PM   #215
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I hate the Ducks every bit as much as the Red Wings. At least they're not in the division.

I hope CHicago can give them a run for their money. This is young versus old.

Except for the goaltending (Khabibulin vs Osgood) which is old versus old.

Should be a good one.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #216
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Anyone watching the hockey game? Wow this is intense...

Is this ghost ball??
Old 06-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #217
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I stopped down for the last eight minutes or so of that game. It was way, WAY more riveting than the NBA action.

Well, to be fair, I always try to tune in at least at the end when the Cup is in the building. The skating of the Stanley Cup is one of the best spectacles in sports.

I will be watching Game Seven, that's for sure.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #218
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I had my butt clenched for about 2 hours...when it's all on the line like that it's crazy intense. The Penguins really sacked up tonight. Too bad they always play like pounded dog doo in Detroit.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #219
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Yea, I like the Penguins (Crosby), but I was inexplicably nervous watching the 2nd and 3rd periods. Red Wings pressure seemed like it was only a matter of time before the Penguins would crack, yet they held on by centimeters. Looking forward to game 7. Would be a great time for a road win.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 06-09-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #220
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

In the few minutes that I watched (which included both of the Wings power plays), it sure looked to me like Pittsburgh gave as well as they got.

Damn, you gotta love a Game Seven for the Stanley Cup!
Old 06-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #221
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

the breakaway save by fleury with under 2 minutes left got me outta the chair. wow.

i've been a stars fan now for about 13 years but i really didn't watch much other hockey. until this year. i've watched quite a bit of the playoffs and i haven't missed a minute of the finals. i knew hockey was gaining on football for my second favorite sport. it hasn't caught it yet, but it's definitely closing the gap. i will be parked in front of the tv for game 7, without a doubt.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #222
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

go Syd the Kid

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #223
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

TSN reports Dave Tippett fired.

I'm not exactly happy.

My thoughts here --> http://stars.hockeyanalysis.com/
Old 06-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #224
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
TSN reports Dave Tippett fired.

I'm not exactly happy.

My thoughts here --> http://stars.hockeyanalysis.com/
Ya, I actually like Tippett at least as an outsider fan.

What is done is done, let's hope that Newy can bring someone in who can get this group of players up and over the hump enroute to a Championship!!!
Old 06-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #225
mnmpeanut

not happy at all.

carbo?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #226
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i think it's a bad move too. should've given him at least one more season with a healthy squad. it's like they all forgot about the 07-08 season.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #227
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

At least you guys all have your heads screwed on right. You should see the crap going on all over the internet.

The Carbo thing...I hate that. The guy failed with Montreal and he doesn't have any kind of track record. We can't just keep re-assembling people from 1999 in various jobs and live in the past.

Mark Crawford is the name that TSN is throwing out there. He failed miserably with the Kings...lost a lot of playoff series with the Canucks (like Tippett) and won a Stanley Cup with the Avalanche in the nineties.

The Stars refused to comment on Tippett today, so it still hasn't even been confirmed yet.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #228
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't know where Bob Sturm got this image from, but it's the most brilliant mix of Bill Guerin + F Obama + F The Red Wings ever.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 06-12-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #229
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

i really hope this game 7 is better than the last game 7 the Pens played in (unless it's the Pens doing the damage).
Old 06-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #230
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

so far so good
Old 06-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #231
chumdawg
Guru

Hang in there, Pens. Skate the cup on Detroit ice!!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #232
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

This is tense
Old 06-12-2009, 09:29 PM   #233
chumdawg
Guru

uh-oh!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #234
chumdawg
Guru

sixth attacker coming!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #235
chumdawg
Guru

There is no better drama in all of sports than a scene like that one.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:45 PM   #236
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Terrific. Way to go, Penguins.

The Red Wings and their fans can huff a huge bag of dicks.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #237
mkat
Platinum Member

that was great. good job Pens. we'll see you next year.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:00 PM   #238
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Man, that was awesome.

Way to go Billy G and Boucher....even though Boucher hardly played.

To skate the puck on the ice at the Joe...wow. I can't believe they won a game 7 on the road twice in the same playoff run. That is unbelievable.

Well done.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #239
mkat
Platinum Member

that might have been the best game these pens have ever played and will ever play.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #240
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Tell you what...Malkin and Crosby aside...their group of d-men really got the job done for them.

Gill, Letang, Orpick, Scuderi, Eaton... they were fantastic in their own end. Funny thing is how little impact they have on the other end, which is generally acknowledged as a thing you need to win in this league. Their defensemen took exactly one shot on goal tonight.

Tags
dallas stars, fluff the tragic dragon, fluff trick, fluffleupagus, fluffy banter, stick and fluff