Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default NBA v NHL

Both sides have their hardcore loyal fans...but the numbers show that this is a more interesting debate that one may think.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...nt=1&success=1

As for one fan, myself...I like both sports...but my frustrations with the Mavs and the NBA in general have caused me to tune out. The only portion of a Mavs game I have watched this year is the 4td qtr against the Lakers, needless to say, they didn't do anything to win me over.

I have watched nearly every Stars game...and that is actually getting to be painful. I have attended one Stars game...thus my sports time and money has gone to the Stars and the NHL over the Mavs and the NBA.

I still keep up, read stories, check out the message boards...but it's interesting to see the NHL actually making a run at the NBA and being stronger than I first thought.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2008, 04:12 PM   #2
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
The only portion of a Mavs game I have watched this year is the 4td qtr against the Lakers, needless to say, they didn't do anything to win me over.
how can you call yourself a fan?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

a fan is someone who supports their team through thick and thin.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Attendance is one thing. Let's talk about tv ratings.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Flacolaco, Stars season ticket holder here.

And I don't have to click on that link to know this is a stupid argument.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #6
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
a fan is someone who supports their team through thick and thin.
And ends up like the Lions fans who showed up solid for 50 years. Being proud of letting people defecate in your mouth while handing over money is whacked. If you want to support an organization that is trying to field a competitive team and for a variety of possible reasons just aren't able to do so is one thing. Someone who just blindly supports a uniform when the organization is obviously just doing the minimum and pocketing the cash isn't a fan, they are victims.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:27 PM   #7
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaadverse View Post
And ends up like the Lions fans who showed up solid for 50 years. Being proud of letting people defecate in your mouth while handing over money is whacked. If you want to support an organization that is trying to field a competitive team and for a variety of possible reasons just aren't able to do so is one thing. Someone who just blindly supports a uniform when the organization is obviously just doing the minimum and pocketing the cash isn't a fan, they are victims.
I'm not sure what your point is. Are you saying the Mavericks fit the criteria you just described?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:17 AM   #8
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Playing NHL 09 has made me a little more interested in Hockey. Growing up, hockey was my #2 sport after baseball. Over the past 2 years, my interest has shifted for the most part from NBA to NFL. Now it's football, basketball, hockey, baseball, tennis. I haven't kept up as much as i used to as far as the NBA. I still keep up with the standings, and the Mavs, but at this point, that's pretty much it. As opposed to the last 9-10 years, where i pretty much knew everything about every team. But i don't really seeing that as losing interest in the NBA, i'm gaining interest in other things.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter, kryptonite