Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-14-2002, 10:21 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/1014/1445987.html

Monday, October 14

Thomas helps rescue man from car fire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Chicago Bears running back Anthony Thomas helped pull a man from a burning car.

The 2001 rookie of the year was on his way to visit teammate David Terrell late Sunday when he saw a smoldering car on the road.

"The car was smoking at first, but it wasn't really on fire,'' Thomas said. "But when I got there and I pulled over, it sounded like, 'Boom,' and then a tire popped and a big fire blew out.

"When you see a car fire you never know if it's going to blow up or not. So the main thing, I was trying to get the guy away from the car and get me and my wife away from the car.''

No one was injured. The police said Monday their report on the incident was not available.

The Bears had a bye Sunday and play Detroit this week.

"Good time to have a bye week, I guess,'' Bears coach Dick Jauron said. "I'm glad I gave him the time off. He was in the right place at the right time.

"It doesn't surprise me. He's really a solid person. That's a great story.''

After Terrell found out what happened, he was quick to tell the tale at Halas Hall on Monday.

"We've got a super hero on the team now,'' Terrell said.

aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2002, 08:28 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know about you all, but I love reading positive stories on professional athletes. This is great. I am a new Anthony Thomas fan for sure. We just don't get enough "good" news these days.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 08:32 AM   #3
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

I agree. This is nice for a change. It seems like there's been nothing but really negative stuff lately.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote