Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-22-2002, 07:48 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/ap/...boysmoves.html
Cowboys release punter-holder Knorr, safety Davis

October 22, 2002

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Micah Knorr won't get the chance to botch any more fake field goals or extra points for the Dallas Cowboys. ADVERTISEMENT

Knorr, who punted and kicked off in addition to being the holder, was released Tuesday along with safety Keith Davis.

Two games ago, Knorr failed to call off a fake field goal. Everybody else got the signal but him, leading to a wasted play.

On Sunday, he bobbled a good snap and didn't give kicker Billy Cundiff a chance to get off an extra point following Dallas' only touchdown. Had the Cowboys made the kick, they would have led 7-6. Instead, they lost 9-6 to Arizona in overtime.

The front-runner to replace Knorr is Filip Filipovic, who battled Knorr in training camp and was a late cut. The other roster spot probably will go to an offensive lineman as Dallas continues to find enough healthy bodies there.

Knorr had been with the Cowboys since the start of the 2000 season. He average 41.2 yards per punt, with a career net of 33.6.

Davis was activated from the practice squad two games ago. He recorded five tackles and broke up two passes.

aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2002, 09:17 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope this doesn't screw up Cundiff, but this is probably a good cut.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 09:27 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

If nothing else because his punting was horrible.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 10:29 PM   #4
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I've been calling for this (okay only since yesterday), and thank God it happened. First off, he was a pretty bad punter to begin with. And now, he can't even hold the ball for Billy Cundiff. He needed to be cut. Plus, can you believe the nerve of this guy to leave after the Arizona game before the media could interview him so that he wouldn't have to answer any questions about his horrible play. The only person who might be upset by this move would be Coach Joe, who felt Micah Knorr was the 2nd coming of Tony Dorsett (a little joke for any of you who listen to Dunham & Miller and heard the fake coaches sideline chaos during the NYG game).

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 07:43 AM   #5
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

1. Coach Joe is overrated.
2. Knorr sucked. Although it is a moot point now, why didn't they have Hutchison hold on field goals after Knorr screwed up the first time?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 08:03 AM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Carter could hold now....it's the only action he is going to see for the rest of the year. Of course, he'd probably screw up.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:41 AM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Seriously, can we fire Coach Joe?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 10-23-2002, 10:55 AM   #8
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Ford and Texas go hand in hand....
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 01:10 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

No Mo Joe!
Old 10-23-2002, 03:09 PM   #10
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< Carter could hold now....it's the only action he is going to see for the rest of the year. Of course, he'd probably screw up. >>

Damn dats cold to say when ur the same person I remember saying Quincy is a nice guy and I like him but he sucks at quarterback. Anyway Quincy is gonna be back out on tha field after the last 2 minutes of the first quarter when hte Cowboys have 0 and the Hawks have 21 and all scored on defense becuase Hutch threw them directly to the Corners but Hey atleast they were spirals lol.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 03:50 PM   #11
Drbio
Banned

do you ever read the crap you post? you constantly contradict yourself from thread to thread. David was right.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:52 PM   #12
Drbio
Banned

And the fact of the matter is....the Cowboys aren't bringing Qsucks back. They are going with Hutch come hell or high water. They are going to evaluate him for next year. Qtard won't play. Stoerner might, but Qspare can only hope to be Cundiffs b1tch at this point.
Old 10-23-2002, 04:08 PM   #13
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<< And the fact of the matter is....the Cowboys aren't bringing Qsucks back. They are going with Hutch come hell or high water. They are going to evaluate him for next year. Qtard won't play. Stoerner might, but Qspare can only hope to be Cundiffs b1tch at this point. >>

What article did u read this from? I read the DMN this morning but I didnt read nothing about that. How do I contradict myself thread to thread? Like saying David was right is suppose to hurt me he is long gone from my memory you are gonna have to do better if u want to bash me.

1996-2005
Old 10-23-2002, 04:31 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

I dont want to bash you FFM...you do a good enough job of that yourself. And I also dont wish to do your homework.
Old 10-23-2002, 04:49 PM   #15
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< I dont want to bash you FFM...you do a good enough job of that yourself. And I also dont wish to do your homework. >>

Ok whatver I have been through this with u before and I already know where this is headed. You try too say something on one post then I ask you where did u hear it or for instance where did I contradict myself and u give tha same respone. Remember yall when I start going off on him he started bashing me first I said nothing about him so just remember that.

1996-2005
Old 10-23-2002, 05:06 PM   #16
Drbio
Banned

laughable....and yet strangely pathetic.
Old 10-23-2002, 05:35 PM   #17
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

.....but true.

1996-2005
Old 10-23-2002, 05:56 PM   #18
Drbio
Banned

and yet even more pathetic.

It's called a spell check. they are free all over the internet.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:55 PM   #19
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

I don't think Quincy will get another shot either. The coaches were obviously waiting for Carter to have an absolutely horrible game. They wanted to get Hutch on the field and this was their oppurtunity. I think they should have put Hutch in during the Cardinal game. If the coaches think he is ready, he might have rescued that game. Carter was obvisously out of it.
And for Hutch's sake I kinda hope Carter doesn't get back in. I'm an obvious Carter supporter, but the Coaches don't support Carter, so there is no reason to string him along. IMO both QB's would eventually succeed in the Offense in time. I hope Jerry is more patient with Chad than with Carter.
Also I really hope Chad works out because I don't want to draft a QB. Quincy will be a perfect back up QB (mobility, and plays better in adverse situations). I'm Quincy apologist #1, but the Boys are obvisously done with him, barring injury. Now lets hope the O line heals in time to give Hutch time to deliver those spirals.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:13 PM   #20
Drbio
Banned

good post Just211. I don't know if Carter would have suceeded, but that was a good post.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:51 PM   #21
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

<< Now lets hope the O line heals in time to give Hutch time to deliver those spirals. >>

I think the reason that Crater got the boot after the last game was the fact that the offensive line did a good job. It actually helped knowing that Allen WOULDN'T be playing - everyone had their assignments without a lot of switching around.

But since Crater played terrible despite decent protection, it was (correctly or incorrectly) determined that he was a large part of the problem.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 08:28 AM   #22
Dooby
Diamond Member

It is evident from the DMN and FWST that Quincy only sees the field this season if Hutch gets hurt. I don't see how anyone can argue that.

Old 10-26-2002, 11:28 PM   #23
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Just211's post wholeheartedly. I guess part of the whole reason I was hoping for Q Car to suceed so badly was because I do not want to have to wait for Jerry to pick a QB in the draft. Like you said Just211, I hope that Chad gets more of a chance than Quincy did. I do think he will because Jerry REALLY likes Chad (you can tell).

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote