Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-16-2006, 11:55 PM   #1
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future
Default TO confirms spitting in Hall's face

DeAngelo Hall the Falcon's cornerback accused TO of spitting in his face late in the 1st quarter. TO in a postgame interview on the NFL network confirmed he did.

What an absolute idiot.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2006, 12:03 AM   #2
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
DeAngelo Hall the Falcon's cornerback accused TO of spitting in his face late in the 1st quarter. TO in a postgame interview on the NFL network confirmed he did.

What an absolute idiot.
Maybe hall had stuck his finger in to's mouth and he was just getting rid of the taste?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:08 AM   #3
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he was performing the regulated vomit induce method after swallowing too many pills.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:09 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Funny dude...

But TO is a moron. Here comes the NFL fine or perhaps a game who knows? I wish we had never signed that prick even after a night like tonight.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:09 AM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
Maybe he was performing the regulated vomit induce method after swallowing too many pills.
genius.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:23 AM   #6
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

well it is stupid, and although I'm sure it's hard not to want to piss in Hall's face, you have to restrain yourself. It's part of being a teammate, and especially when the focus is already on you, you know there is no chance of getting away with it.
Hopefully it's not on tape, and he'll just get fined. But if it's on tape I can see the NFL suspending him, because it's him.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:41 AM   #7
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Seems like a non-story to me. Hall is just one of the few to speak on it with the media I guess because it was TO doing the spitting. Its football for goodness sakes. Its a classless thing to do but at the same time this will get more coverage than Haynesworth stepping on Gurode's head with cleats and IMO its just a non-story. Shouldn't even be reported or overblown. He spit on a player. Bring on the playoffs.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:16 AM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of hayworth. I'm starting to think that gurode may be kinda dirty. Tonight was another guy taking a shot at him when his back was turned.

I kinda like that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:22 AM   #9
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Seems like a non-story to me. Hall is just one of the few to speak on it with the media I guess because it was TO doing the spitting. Its football for goodness sakes. Its a classless thing to do but at the same time this will get more coverage than Haynesworth stepping on Gurode's head with cleats and IMO its just a non-story. Shouldn't even be reported or overblown. He spit on a player. Bring on the playoffs.
A) Don't put it on the media. T.O. makes damn well sure that he gets plenty of attention.

B) The Haynesworth incident got a TON of coverage, so I seriously doubt it.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:41 AM   #10
Drbio
Banned

At times I think that TO sits around and tries to manfuacture ways that will keep his name in the news buzz.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:42 AM   #11
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Speaking of hayworth. I'm starting to think that gurode may be kinda dirty. Tonight was another guy taking a shot at him when his back was turned.

I kinda like that.
Man, I was thinking the exact same thing.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:44 AM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I understand this thread. I would not only spit on D'angelo Hall, but I would also twist his leg in an attempt to tear his ACL so bad that he could never play again.

If I were in the middle of a scrum, that is. Did Hall actually get a torn ACL in this game? If this is all about just other sorts of stuff, then it's Hall doing his regular thing.

I'll just put it this way. D'Angelo Hall deserves for every receiver he faces to line up against him and hock whatever loogies they can muster. He's undoubtedly the most overrated corner in the game. He should feel so lucky that he was only abused as bad as he was. It could have been far, far worse. And probably should have been. Let him line up across from Terrence Newman, and see how many receivers haul down balls against his 5'8" no-covering ass.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:47 AM   #13
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
A) Don't put it on the media. T.O. makes damn well sure that he gets plenty of attention.

B) The Haynesworth incident got a TON of coverage, so I seriously doubt it.

Not putting anything on the media. However, stuff like this has happened before. Last guy I remember to do it was Sean Taylor and that story sort of came and went. It just seems like a non-story to me. Marion Barber's 2nd half should be the focus of talk around Dallas but TO spitting on Hall will get the most coverage. Since, TO apologized maybe that will make the story sort of blow over sort of like a couple of weeks ago when Vick threw the bird to ATL fans.

As far as the Haynesworth incident goes, I take that comment back. After what happened in the NY and Denver game that is going to be the story of the week. Not sure if TO will like that or not since he craves for attention but hopefully he won't mind.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:01 AM   #14
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

As I said, who wouldn't spit on D'angelo Hall? This is such a nonstory. We would all have done the same.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:13 AM   #15
Drbio
Banned

Steve Nash's lizard spit in chum's eye once but I don't think it was the same thing as this situation.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-17-2006 at 02:14 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:19 AM   #16
chumdawg
Guru

You would do us all a favor by not reducing yourself to such absurdity.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:23 AM   #17
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
You would do us all a favor by not reducing yourself to such absurdity.
Looking into the mirror can be very therapeutic. Glad to see you are trying to progress.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:31 AM   #18
chumdawg
Guru

Give me some time as I try to remember what it was like in the fifth grade.

You really do have absolutely nothing, don't you?
Old 12-17-2006, 03:10 AM   #19
Drbio
Banned

You keep typing words but your posts are full of nothing.

Consistency is a bitch.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:14 AM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

I thought I already told you that I had someone else to shine my shoes.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:17 AM   #21
Drbio
Banned

Consistency is a bitch.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:22 AM   #22
chumdawg
Guru

I've said all I had to say about Hall. But do get busy on shining those shoes.

I don't want to wake up tomorrow and find they haven't been done.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:25 AM   #23
Drbio
Banned

Consistency is a bitch.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:04 AM   #24
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

he learned it from Titanic--Kate Winslett

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #25
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the punishment is 35K with no suspension.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:11 PM   #26
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

BFD

suspend him. 35k doesn't mean anything to that dumbass
Old 12-18-2006, 03:15 PM   #27
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Suspend him and hurt the team? You must not be a Cowboys fan.

Plus there's no precedent to suspend a guy for spitting. I wouldn't have a problem if the league put it in writing after the season but you can't just suspend him because he’s T.O.

Last edited by dirno2000; 12-18-2006 at 03:16 PM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:17 PM   #28
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I know there's no precdent....but I don't know how else anyone is ever going to get through to this guy who claims he doesn't know why trouble just seems to follow him around.

plus...isn't spitting on someone about the most insulting thing you can do? Think about, what if someone spit in your face? what a classless ape-like gesture.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 12-18-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:19 PM   #29
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Um, now he claims he didn't spit in his face, that it was incidental!
Old 12-18-2006, 03:21 PM   #30
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Move along. Nothing to see here.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:22 PM   #31
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male23Dan
Um, now he claims he didn't spit in his face, that it was incidental!
classic T.O.

I hope he doesn't get depressed about the fine and try to kill himself

(what? too soon?)
Old 12-18-2006, 03:23 PM   #32
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

35K for spitting.

Man I would hate the fine for a late hit, or helmet to helmet, or something that could actually cause harm to ones career -- if the fine for spitting is 35K.

Spitting was the least of your worries at the bottom of the pile 20 years ago playing high school football in Texas.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:23 PM   #33
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I know there's no precdent....but I don't know how else anyone is ever going to get through to this guy who claims he doesn't know why trouble just seems to follow him around.

plus...isn't spitting on someone about the most insulting thing you can do? Think about, what if someone spit in your face? what a classless ape-like gesture.
It's a disgusting act and he deserves the fine he got and maybe more.

I'm just saying that you can't arbitrarily suspend him to "get through to the guy". That's not the leagues job.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:26 PM   #34
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
It's a disgusting act and he deserves the fine he got and maybe more.

I'm just saying that you can't arbitrarily suspend him to "get through to the guy". That's not the leagues job.
agreed.

can it be Parcells' job?
Old 12-18-2006, 03:29 PM   #35
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

It is clear that TO has some mental problems and I seriously believe he is Bipolar. That was no accidental OD...I hope he gets help before it's to late.
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:35 PM   #36
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
agreed.

can it be Parcells' job?

If Bill thinks he's a problem. My guess is that T.O. isn't nearly the distraction that most media and fans make him out to be.

The true test will be if he's back next year. The way Jerry's structured the deal, he basically has 3 one year contracts so cutting him wouldn't be a cap killer. If he's here next year then I think we can take it as proof that most of the distractions have been media driven.

As far as this incident, Bill said that he may discipline him but he wouldn't make it public.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:04 PM   #37
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:23 PM   #38
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Tough night all around for DeAngelo Hall

Old 12-18-2006, 09:17 PM   #39
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

that is amazing!
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:40 AM   #40
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hbFjZJ7NBWs

Shannon Sharpe's response is very good, he handles it very well.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote