Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 02-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #161
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Marty Turco has gone from dud to stud this season.

The Stars continue to tear up the rest of the league.

They've now collected 19 of the last 24 points available to them. (.792)
Old 02-08-2009, 10:26 PM   #162
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Fun game tonight!!! Got to enjoy this one directly under Brett Hulls booth.

This team is rebuilding belief in us fans!!! One shift at time!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:33 AM   #163
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

What a nail biter this one was. Great win...Marty Turco stole this one. Plain and simple.

Chicago tomorrow...the Blackhawks are 6-2 in second games of back to backs this year. That is scary for hockey. Scary.

$15 ticket Februaries is killing me. The clientele at the games is degrading every time I go. I was stuck in an ocean of teenagers and people who have never been to a hockey game in their life, spewing their drunken comments forth for 60 minutes, barely paying attention to the game itself... awful. Just an awful, doucharific crowd tonight.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-14-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:55 AM   #164
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
$15 ticket Februaries is killing me. The clientele at the games is degrading every time I go. I was stuck in an ocean of teenagers and people who have never been to a hockey game in their life, spewing their drunken comments forth for 60 minutes, barely paying attention to the game itself... awful. Just an awful, doucharific crowd tonight.
Man, I sure had fun at the Stars game tonight.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #165
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Brad Richards out for the season with a broken wrist.

I'm going to cut my wrists.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #166
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Man, I sure had fun at the Stars game tonight.
haha nice

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:09 AM   #167
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

anyone know where i can get some tickets for the Ducks game on the 28th?
Old 02-17-2009, 12:44 AM   #168
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
anyone know where i can get some tickets for the Ducks game on the 28th?
If you enter the coupon code "FEBRUARY", using the Stars official web site, all tickets in the upper bowl are $15.00 this month.

Of course...they're totally effed now...but you should still go. It's a good time.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:24 AM   #169
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

what do you mean effed now

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:39 AM   #170
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
If you enter the coupon code "FEBRUARY", using the Stars official web site, all tickets in the upper bowl are $15.00 this month.

Of course...they're totally effed now...but you should still go. It's a good time.
they're all gone.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:53 AM   #171
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Wow...really? That's nuts.

Stubhub.com it is then?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #172
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Wow...really? That's nuts.

Stubhub.com it is then?
...yeah. $28 bucks-ish. not too bad i guess.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #173
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Really? Usually there are cheaper tickets than that. I don't know what the heck is so freaking special about that game against the Ducks. I guess just because it's a Saturday game?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-17-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #174
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

It's official: 6-8 weeks
Old 02-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #175
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Really? Usually there are cheaper tickets than that. I don't know what the heck is so freaking special about that game against the Ducks. I guess just because it's a Saturday game?
who knows? maybe cause it's on saturday...
Old 02-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #176
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

this is ridiculous, now whats next? turco out for season? flaco you are bad luck I have decided and yes I went to the vancouver game and the people around me one of which was wondering why the canucks had not pulled their goalie with 13 FREAKING MINUTES LEFT IN THE THIRD PERIOD were some of the worst I have ever seen and I was in the lower bowl for god sakes
Old 02-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #177
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbrynt View Post
this is ridiculous, now whats next? turco out for season? flaco you are bad luck I have decided and yes I went to the vancouver game and the people around me one of which was wondering why the canucks had not pulled their goalie with 13 FREAKING MINUTES LEFT IN THE THIRD PERIOD were some of the worst I have ever seen and I was in the lower bowl for god sakes
I feel you on the crowd.

And you can probably change your signature now, since Marty's back to beast mode. For now.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #178
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to my first game this year Saturday. I guess I lucked out on the 15 dollar seat deal.

I remember when the Stars first moved here the Blackhawk games were a big deal because that was a pretty strong rivalry when they were the Northstars. Now not so much... but I'll be rooting for a whooping.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #179
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah, I'll be there.

1:00pm games are a beating to me for some reason. It's too early, it doesn't feel right. I don't know what section you're in, but make sure you're not next to kryptonite.

Given what Chicago did to us last Saturday... it's gonna be a very tough one. Well, every one's going to be a tough one from here on out I guess.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #180
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

If the Stars survive this seasons of injuries...then go into 2009/2010 healthy and remain healthy...we could have something special!!!

Enjoy this year for what we get...I don't see a cup in this years future, but I see us making a run, and with Turco...who knows??? He has the ability to steal a game or two...even a series or two!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 12:46 AM   #181
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Kings just beat the Ducks in regulation = very good for us

Columbus wins...AGAIN = very bad for us. That columbus is on a roll.

Red Wings beat Trashville = eh...I'm pretty sure the Predators won't make any noise coming up, but it's always nice to distance from the dregs of the conference a little.

Tomorrows game against the Oil is so huge.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-19-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #182
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Good one tonight to watch at the AAC...fight night!

And some good goals too. They sure needed this one with the Blue Jackets and Canucks both winning, AGAIN tonight.

Plus they're going to get creamed unmercifully on Saturday.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #183
92bDad
Platinum Member

I was on the road last night...hopefully this is on the DVR when I get home today.

I'll be at the AAC tomorrow...unfortunately working the concessions for some additional fundraising...both the Stars and Mavs...a double header of work!!!

Hopefully we got two hometown wins tomorrow!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #184
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Tonight was the final kick in the gut, by the way.

It is officially over now.

And if anyone's keeping track....

Morrow
Richards
Zubov
Lehtinen
Brunnstrom
Petersen
Parrish

There's half an All-Star team in there, and our first PK and PP units. They just don't have enough to keep going.

Next season is going to be a better year.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:31 AM   #185
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Sheesh Flac... Aren't there like 16 or 17 games left with the Stars ONE point out of the playoffs? And with one of the teams above them playing just as shitty hockey as Dallas is?

I mean yeah, Dallas has sucked man but talk about waiving the white flag. Banged up, yes... Odds against them due to injuries, yes... Out of it - by no means.

Calm down and breathe dude.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #186
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

sometimes flac can be a little dramatic but this time he is absolutely right. This mash unit of a team is done, finished, over! No way we can keep running one scoring line and 3 checking lines out there and expect to win our way into the playoffs. Riberio, ott, and eriksson were so gassed last night and it aint gettin better. Next year laco, next year. Also is zubov going to hang them up?
Old 03-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #187
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah. I agree.

I know this team. I know this team like I know the back of my hand, and if they show any signs of life from here on out, it will be a big turn around. They are ready to be done, and that's ok. I don't blame them.

As it turns out, Richards was absolutely the last straw. Since that night he got hurt in Columbus, they've done this

Edmonton W
Chicago L
San Jose L
St Louis L
Anaheim L
Pittsburgh L
@ San Jose W
@ Los Angeles L
@ Anaheim W
Montreal L
@ St Louis L

3-7-1

1-6 at home, where Brad Richards scored most of his points. The power play has been terrible, also where Richards gets most of his points.

I hate to say it, because I once again invested thousands of dollars in the team this year, but they're done. Even if they made the playoffs, they're so run down.

It's ok. I'm going to take a deep breath and wait until next year. A little help on D in the off-season, and some health, and they will be ready to roll next year. Ott, Eriksson and Neal all got so much better this year...when you throw Morrow and Richards back in there, and Ribeiro will be doing his thing...that is stout. They will be fine. But they need help on the back end.

As far as Zubov goes...my impression has been that he will want to play. If he does want to play, I'm willing to sign him here, but it would be a one year deal with incentives and stipulations based on # of games played.

He's making 5.3 million this year. Lehtinen is getting 4.1 million this year. That's 9.4 million to play with. Neither should be signed for more than 2 million next year in my opinion, and neither for longer than one year.

Sydor's deal is up as well, at 2.5 million this year. I think you could get him to sign for 1 mil if you wanted to keep him.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #188
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

my hurricanes are in town tonight. may the best team win.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #189
wesbrynt

I really don't want sydor back. He seems to be on the ice for every goal. I know he plays power plays so that ups the odds but geez he can't really do much back there any more. If we could some how find a scoring blue liner that would be rich but they aren't exactly a dime a dozen are they. Any prospects you could think of flac?
Old 03-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #190
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm not too familiar with the free agent pool yet for this summer. All the talk is about Bouwmeester leaving the Panthers and where he will go. He will be expensive (bc he's a bad ass) and he won't come here.

After that, it's hard to say. Guys might be cheaper this year because the cap is expected to stay the same next season, and then actually shrink the year after that because of the economy.

The Stars will have to be careful, because while their forwards looks to be in good shape next season, Eriksson and Ott need new deals in the summer of 2010. Those guys are due for significant raises. Neal will get a significant raise as well. I doubt we'll be able to keep all of those guys for 2010/2011.

So when going after defense in free agency, they have to keep that in mind.

Realistically, I don't see us doing anything very exciting. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sydor re-signed, and Niskanen given more responsibility going forward. Which sucks.

They have a kid named Ivan Vishnevskiy in the minors right now who is supposed to be this puck moving/Zubov kind of guy. I saw him at camp and I wasn't impressed, but he's only 20 years old. He's got a lot of room to grow.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #191
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Robi hearts Grossman

Old 03-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #192
92bDad
Platinum Member

Watching Turco slide into the goal giving up the game winning Shootout goal, I could help but determine that the season has now slid to an end.

This has been a weird season, starting with Avery...and then frustrating us with Injuries throughout!!! Perhaps this has been the most Injury plagued season that I have experienced as a Stars fan.

Hopefully this team can mend well this off-season and challenge stronger next year!!! Looking forward to Training Camp 2009...maybe I'll run into Flaco or other local Stars fans.

Enjoy the final few Regular games and ultimately the summer break!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 12:24 AM   #193
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

You need to see this if you like sports

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7ixKfvHnBY

What a hot dog. Still, it was great.

Ahh...next year.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #194
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Even in the last game of the season, Steve Ott provides with me with maybe my favorite YouTube video ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD4BW...layer_embedded
Old 04-17-2009, 12:05 AM   #195
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Oh...so delicious. Three games in a row in HD tonight, none better than the #1 team in the league, San Jose getting beat by the 8 seed Ducks. So, so delicious. I taste your tears Shark fans...they taste salty and full of doubt. So delicious.

I know none of you like hockey, but if one day you can bring yourself around, this time of year will be even more wonderful than you ever could have imagined.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:14 AM   #196
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, San Jose and Ducks? Aren't those both our bitches?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:20 AM   #197
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Once upon a time...
Old 04-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #198
92bDad
Platinum Member

I couldn't stay tuned in...my wife did, watching every minute of the Sharks getting beat!!!

She hates the Sharks about as much as we hate the Red Wings!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:52 AM   #199
92bDad
Platinum Member

Default 2009 NHL Postseason Thread

In addition to the Mavs ripping through the Spurs last night, we got to enjoy the San Jose Sharks LOSING and going down 3-1 in the series.

Outside of the Red Wings, there is no team that I dislike more than the Sharks!!!

For the hockey fans out there, who are the teams that you are watching, either to win or to get beat?
Old 04-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #200
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I too enjoyed watching the Sharks continue to choke.

I am mad at the Blues and the Blue Jackets for taking up 2 playoff spots and then not even bothering to show up. The Stars, banged up as they are, could have done better than those sorry efforts.

Tags
dallas stars, fluff the tragic dragon, fluff trick, fluffleupagus, fluffy banter, stick and fluff