Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-19-2002, 10:21 PM   #1
Super Mav

Super Mav is on a distinguished road

i think itll be nice to have juwan howard in a mav uniform again...he knows what the situation is here and would understand his role if he were to come back, he said he was dissapointed when dallas traded him and thought he was a part of a something...he still can be a pat of something if he signs with the mavs for cheap this summer, no way hell get another bloated contract thats for sure. i think he would love coming back to play here. the mavs front line would be nice and strong, heres the lineup:

C- Raef
PF-Juwan
SF-Dirk
SG-Finley
PG-Nash
6th-Van Exel

is this a great lineup or what?! so whos with me on getting juwan back this summer?

go mavs go!
Super Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2002, 10:29 PM   #2
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I would like to see Howard back in Dallas but as you said, 1) cheaper, 2) learning his new role, and 3) playing every game tougher than last season's.
Old 12-19-2002, 10:35 PM   #3
DirkNash1341

DirkNash1341 is on a distinguished road

I'd love to have him back to. But is it possible?? We have the 4.5, but would he take it?? And would we even offer it, we want Askrabic, do we not?
DirkNash1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 10:43 PM   #4
Super Slow Mo

Super Slow Mo is on a distinguished road

yes, he would take it. its not about the money anymore with juwan, he wants a ring. he has all the money he needs now. i would welcome him back
Super Slow Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 10:49 PM   #5
DirkNash1341

DirkNash1341 is on a distinguished road

I think you are right, he probably would take it. But what about Askrabic?? Who is our top priority?? I doubt he'd take the vet minimum to play with us. Perhaps we could split the exception but it sounds like it will take a good amount of it to keep Askrabic from the Kings. Would Juwan take $1.5 million? All that said, I'd love to have him back and hope we can find a way to get both of them.
DirkNash1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 11:01 PM   #6
Super Slow Mo

Super Slow Mo is on a distinguished road

juwan know hes been overpayed since he signed that huge contract, he should take 1.5, if he has a good chance to win a ring, which he does here in dallas
Super Slow Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 11:23 PM   #7
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I´m starting to dream the new team with both guys.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2002, 11:25 PM   #8
AdamAMMP

AdamAMMP is on a distinguished road

I remember an article that stated him and Jalen Rose are wanting to play together, so I think he will end up on the Bulls.
AdamAMMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 11:54 PM   #9
Super Mav

Super Mav is on a distinguished road

Why play with Jalen Rose when you can play with a chicago buddy in Finley and have chance of playing for a title?

go mavs
Super Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 11:55 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< juwan know hes been overpayed since he signed that huge contract, he should take 1.5, if he has a good chance to win a ring, which he does here in dallas >>

If the Mavs could get Juwan to sign for 1.5 that would be a huge steal. Juwan would add great depth and a pretty good inside presence. I think also that his personality meshes well with this team. I liked the trade overall that sent him to Denver, but I hated to see Juwan go.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:23 AM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be oposed to bringing Howard back if it was cheaply.

I just can't imagine him wanting to return here after having sent his ass to a team like Denver. He'd probably be afraid the Mavs would do so again.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:45 AM   #12
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

The latest rumour in Denver was Juwan going to the Lakers.

But I'd like to see a return of Juwan - at the vet mininum.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 09:24 AM   #13
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

On Rumors of Juwan going to the Fakers:
I don't forsee L.A. as being a sought after place for people to go anymore. There is dissention there with everybody blaming everybody for losing. The money just isn't enough to deal with that kind of bullshit.

I sincerely believe that we may see Juwan in a Mavs uniform again. He (hopefully?) understands that it was a business move, and any opportunity to bring him back would be sincere and not just to torment him. He is one of my favorite players in the NBA, and I would love to see a second tour of duty with the Mavs. It's a dream Power Forward rotation for my purposes at least: Dirk, Juwan, Popeye.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:33 AM   #14
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Hard to see Howard coming back to Dallas, IMO. That trade must've kicked his pride.

Plus, anyone notice how Howard is producing in Denver about what LaF did, while LaF is struggling to come close to Howard's production when he was with the Mavs? And LaF comes out of the deal as a near-max-money player.

I've always wondered if their weren't underlying, under-reported issues involving team chemistry that caused Howard to be moved. I've never quite grapsed the bad feelings toward him among some Mavs fans.

Anyone?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 10:10 AM   #15
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< Hard to see Howard coming back to Dallas, IMO. That trade must've kicked his pride.

Plus, anyone notice how Howard is producing in Denver about what LaF did, while LaF is struggling to come close to Howard's production when he was with the Mavs? And LaF comes out of the deal as a near-max-money player.
>>

Well, who else can produce on that team? Somebody has to score some points.

<< I've always wondered if their weren't underlying, under-reported issues involving team chemistry that caused Howard to be moved. I've never quite grapsed the bad feelings toward him among some Mavs fans.

Anyone?
>>

When you get paid a ridiculous amount of money, even though every one knows what you can do, people criticize you for not living up to the contract. A bad contract is like an albatros around a player's neck.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 10:16 AM   #16
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Not trying to zing anyone here.

But I think this sort of gets to the heart of why LaF's production with the Mavs is failing to live up to a lot of fans' expectations, and why, in retrospect, it looks like Howard may've been the victim of similarly unrealistic expectations.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 10:20 AM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's say that he does come back. I think that DirkNash is thinking straight here. The question I see is do we want Juwan versus Askarabic/Oggie/Whoever on the team. I'm not sure he really fits that well in here anymore..

I liked juwan and didn't hold his contract against him, but I do think his game is a little too slow for us, especially in a power-forward. And whose minutes does he get?? Raefs or Eddies???

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 10:51 AM   #18
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

<< Let's say that he does come back. I think that DirkNash is thinking straight here. The question I see is do we want Juwan versus Askarabic/Oggie/Whoever on the team. I'm not sure he really fits that well in here anymore.. >>

In This Thread, I suggested a strategy which seems to get passed that question, at least salary-cap wise.

I think we could sign Askrabic/Oggie (same guy) shortly before the end of this season and bring him over for a few games. This assumes that such a deal would not interfere with his Euro-league contract.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 08:40 PM   #19
Maverick

Maverick is on a distinguished road

Won't the Mavs get TAW money back for the cap next year if TAW doesn't play in a game this year.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote