Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-03-2003, 05:50 PM   #1
Dirk Nowitzki

Dirk Nowitzki is on a distinguished road
Default Add Mario Elie to guy I really dislike

I was watching NBA TV last night & saw an interview with Mario Elie. He dogged the Mavs moves & said that the Spurs, Kings & freakin TPups would be in a three-way fight for the Western title. First off, I am sick of people giving the Pups credit when they have done nothing together. Secondly, It seem like a lot of "experts" think the Mavs are worse off this year than last. How????? Is Reaf any more likely to get a stop in the post than say Walker or Jamison???? No. Would you rather have Raja & Griff or Howard, Daniels & Delk for Perimeter defensive purposes. I'll take Delk & the rooks. I find it kind of ironic that I have heard Mav hater Kevin Frazier argue that the Pistons will not make it to the finals because they cant score & cannot depend on defense alone & has argued agianst the Mavs for the exact opposite reason. All in all, I do wish the Mavs could have came up with a Defensive presence this past off season, but they did not, so I'll cheer just as hard as last year & hope Nellie can put it all together. If somehow before the deadline the Mavs are able to bring in a Theo Rattliff or somesuch, a lineup of that defensive big man, lets just say Rattliff so we have a name with Dirk, Howard (if he continues to develop), Delk & Nash or Theo, Dirk, Walker & Delk could kick up some dust defensively.
P.S. I have been impressed with a few defensive flashes my namesake has shown & Walker's defensive hustle.
P.S.S. I know it is early, but I am on the verge of giving up on Danny Fortson.
That is all
Dirk Nowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2003, 06:18 PM   #2
sbjensen

sbjensen will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Add Mario Elie to guys I really dislike

Dirk:

Don't give up on Fortson. There will be nights that he wins the game by creating more possessions for us. He's been hot-and-cold so far, but he's already demonstrated that, at least against some teams, he can still maintain that incredible rebounds/minute average he's maintained throughout his career. Against Utah, 5 rebounds in 9 minutes.

As for a defensive presence, I don't think Ratliff is the right guy. He gets hurt nearly every year, and we need someone that will withstand the grind of the playoffs. Who IS the right guy? Short of Ben Wallace (drool, mumble, salivate more, clench fists), I can't think of a player in the league who MIGHT be available (in other words, not Duncan, Shaq, KG) and for whom I really want to give up one or more of the new "Big Five."

On the other hand, if we could give up any two of the Big Five, not including Dirk, and get Wallace, I'd do it in a minute. He would be the PERFECT final piece for this team.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:30 PM   #3
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Hey fellas, way too early to give up on any player on this roster. Give them more games.

As for Mario Elie, what is he doing now? Is an ass-sistant for the Spurs? I thought I saw him on their bench? If so, no wonder he picked them. He'll just have to see how good this Mavs team can be.

November 29th is the first game against the Tpups, we'll see which team is more prepared by then.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:34 PM   #4
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Add Mario Elie to guys I really dislike

Wallace? No doubt there's talent there, but are you on a quest to see just how many superstars we can get on the team before it implodes? I don't think Wallace would help enough on the court to be worth taking a risk on. Well, the soft labels would definitely have to go though.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:42 PM   #5
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: bernardos70
Wallace? No doubt there's talent there, but are you on a quest to see just how many superstars we can get on the team before it implodes? I don't think Wallace would help enough on the court to be worth taking a risk on. Well, the soft labels would definitely have to go though.
I think he meant Ben Wallace of Detroit, NOT Rasheed. With Big Ben there are no risks there. He is exactly the type of player that would add the dimension this Mavs team needs more of (defense, rebounding, toughenss). I don't see what you mean about him not helping enough on the court to be worth the risk.

Moreover, he doesn't need the offensive touches to create a chemistry issue that adding another "superstar" would normally create.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 06:45 PM   #6
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody really care what Mario Elie thinks? He's about as impartial as Magic is in the TNT studio.

Old 11-03-2003, 07:53 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Does anybody really care what Mario Elie thinks? He's about as impartial as Magic is in the TNT studio.
is there any former player, or commentator for that matter who is worth listening too for anything more than mindless chatter, bias reporting, shallow insight, or flat out self promotion?....some are good for entertainment and that is about it!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 08:05 PM   #8
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Doug Collins is generally pretty good.

Kerr might turn out to be.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 08:14 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
is there any former player, or commentator for that matter who is worth listening too for anything more than mindless chatter, bias reporting, shallow insight, or flat out self promotion?....some are good for entertainment and that is about it!
Tom Tolbert isn't bad.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 08:21 PM   #10
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirk Nowitzki
I was watching NBA TV last night & saw an interview with Mario Elie. He dogged the Mavs moves & said that the Spurs, Kings & freakin TPups would be in a three-way fight for the Western title.

The fact that the Lakers aren't listed shows that Elie is an ignorant ass.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote